FM10 Demo - quirky features you've discovered

However, any reason you chose not to make the fans wear the teams colours? Seeing as you made the difference between home and away fans when people score, it doesn't seem like it would be overly to do what FIFA and Pro Evo do and make the fans wear plain shirts with the various club colours on.

It could be my imagination, but I thought that there is more people wearing the right colour shirt?

I liked the fact that during the halftime team talk, when you want to change a player's role it brings up his attributes. Great for seeing if your box-to-box midfielder really can be counted on to play, say, an advanced playmaking role.

I forgot to mention that one - not only does it bring the attributes up, it highlights the important ones everytime you switch the role. :thup:

"Oldham's Player X is said to be very happy at having agreed terms with Brighton.

Player X revealed that he was looking forward to moving his family into a more metropolitan area."

That one was there before, I used to get it a lot when selling players from Dartford.

You didn't think we went through every player in the db and wrote a new one for each did you? :)

Once a player reaches a certain age, a bio will be created, regardless of whether he's a newgen or not. It obviously also updates as his career progresses.

Awesome. Would have been even better if this happened for managers too though...

Don't think this has been mentioned, I like when you go to sign a player on loan it now tells you what kind of wage contribution the other team are looking for. And this may be debatable but I'm getting the impression that clubs are much more open to loaning out their out of favour players, like Harewood, Benjani, dos Santos etc.

I love being able to offer all my reserves out on loan with one click instead of offering each player individually. YOu could do this on FM09 but only for transfers. Its I suggested on the wishlist ages ago and i like to fool myself into thinking itwas my idea when in reality i bet thousands suggested it

hmm srry for the OT, but how/if can i change the level of details in 3d engine? for example i would like to limit it only to the pitch - because of the stadium + crowd my laptop is slowing down ...:/

Preferences > Display and sound

Then look for '3d settings'. You should find the relevant tick boxes there.

Love the whole demo!! Have been playing 08 for 2 years as i couldnt get into 09 and also had problems with steam keeping on performing first time setup cant wait for the full game my wife has promised me she will buy for me while i am at work

Touchline instructions.

Now I can channel all my shouting at the screen into something that's actually useful. :D

Still looking for the "Do not cross when there's nobody inside the box" instruction, though. I've never seen a real team behave that way. Even Celtic players only cross when our hobbit striker is in the area.

How much football have you watched? This happens all the time, especially in teams playing with traditional get-to-the-byline-and-cross-it wingers.

Archived