What;s the point in a competition editor?

Hopefully can be used to replace the world club championship with something a little more up to scratch and challenging. TeAms from all over the world finally participating in the most prestigious event ever, the club world cup. Winner of every league entered into a group, would make an interesting challenge and incredible changes to gundos and others chLlenges, for instance being able to play In the aforementioned Faroe islands or something really small like Andorra or San Marino. Can't wait for it, it's gonna be great.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic for multiplayer LAN type games. You can create smaller leagues (which from what i've read in this thread - can be registered for champions league qualification) so you don't have to wait 18 matches before you play against a real person again.

I don't even use the stadiums but being able to add a playable japanese league is gold.

OH YEAH!

A playable J-League without having to use the chinese league would be awesome.

I miss siging Yuji Nakazowa.

I think for the people that actually want it' date=' which seems to be a few it's a very useful addition. I would like to hear an honest SI comment on what sort of effect advanced editing in the game will have when playable. i can imagine that it has the potential to cause a few bugs etc.[/quote']

Agreed. I think it's a decent addition although I won't be using it personally. Might wait till someone puts in the lower leagues in England and Scotland but thats all. What worries me is that using the editor at the minute can cause problems and whenever someone reports a bug on here the first question always asked is have you edited the database which leads me to believe it is not very stable so adding a more complex database could cause even more problems.

Trying out some custom leagues will be the first thing I do :D

Seriously, how can you not want to get down to Level 24 in England or impose a 'better' league structure in Scotland! I'm really excited about the possibilities.

I got quite excited about adding leagues down to step 8 or 9 in England until I realised exactly how many leagues that would add. Level 8 would add 9 more leagues, level 9 adds 23!

If it works well I might add step 7 but I can't see adding any more would be realistic for my laptop.

This is a terrific addition and I'll look forward to both fiddling about with it, and seeing what the community comes up with.

The prospect of adding even lower divisions, or playing in leagues such as the Faroe Islands is great. Just as long as we can properly sync up qualification for Europe.

The league editor has massive potential imo. The editing and CSE communities will probably benefit from it most.

Dafuge - any plans on making changes to your challenge this year? Or will the leagues editor leave it redundant?

I'm hoping we can add one extra tier to it, but I want it to remain as a non-edited game so I'm going to have to wait and see how it will work.

I imagine a lot of people will want to go a lot lower but the extra leagues would have a huge impact on the speed of the long term games a lot of us play. Adding step 7 would mean we could manage one of 132 teams rather than the current 66, I think that would be a realistic addition.

i'm not interested in a competition editor but i can understand the decision to have one.

loads of people have asked for one, or at the least, asked for thinks that could fall under the banner of a compition editor so it makes business sense to put it in.

and quite frankly, saying 'we have a competition editor' on the box is better than 'we have skinable stadiums'

i'm not interested in a competition editor but i can understand the decision to have one.

loads of people have asked for one, or at the least, asked for thinks that could fall under the banner of a compition editor so it makes business sense to put it in.

and quite frankly, saying 'we have a competition editor' on the box is better than 'we have skinable stadiums'

whs :thup:

nobody would want "skinnable stadiums". Nobody

I got quite excited about adding leagues down to step 8 or 9 in England until I realised exactly how many leagues that would add. Level 8 would add 9 more leagues, level 9 adds 23!

If it works well I might add step 7 but I can't see adding any more would be realistic for my laptop.

To add to that, below level 10 there is barely any room on the CA scale. You could probably go to level 11, but after that, star players would be a few CA points higher than the first team players, so it would be pretty pointless.

Also, many leagues have reserve divisions.

For example, look at the Sussex County leagues (level 9 to 11, then the county splits even further)-

http://www.scfl.org.uk/pages/tables.html

As exciting as it seems, going past level 10, maybe 11 like I said, wouldn't be worth it.

While it should be quick to activate these leagues, the other problem is that the majority of the teams have no players or very few. You'd be playing with grey players until you get up to the higher leagues at level 7 or so.

Forgot all about that. Might be able to go down to level 9 when only loading england.

Forgot all about that. Might be able to go down to level 9 when only loading england.

Maybe SI could introduce an option that only loads the leagues from a particular branch of the pyramid. So if someone wanted to manage their local level 9 team, they wouldn't have to put up with the other 22 leagues running at that level in their game.

Seriously, how can you not want to get down to Level 24 in England or impose a 'better' league structure in Scotland! I'm really excited about the possibilities.

Good mention of scotland, but what about the weirdest one, MLS? That's the one I'm looking forward to making "better" :D

Yeah you certainly can do that. I know you've been eager to play in the Faroe Islands for a long time Herter :)

Anyway, we can't please everyone no matter what we do. If we do one thing some people will like it and other people will not and rather we spent time on something else instead. But it's down to us to decide what to do and I believe with no doubt whatsoever that being able to add competitions to the game is one of the best new things to happen to the series since it began.

If that happens, who'll give up that CL spot??

The ability to create the J-League, modify MLS to a single table with USL promotion/relegation? SIGN ME UP!

One thing I wonder though, and particularly for MLS, will we be able to set it up so that changes can come in over time? IE. Single table in 2011, and then bring in one team promotion/relegation in 2012, followed by expansion in following years.

Would be pretty sweet and more organic.

If that happens, who'll give up that CL spot??

I would imagine that there wouldn't be a spot to be given up as the Faroe Islands league in the database would have no teams and therefore not be used, and the new, playable league would be used.

I wonder if it would be possible to create a league with 50 divisions :) Talk about LLM :)

Any way it seems like a realy good feature for many people who would like to play in a league that is not currently supported.

No one has confirmed about the possibility of relegation and promotion in the MLS. It'd be awesome, but dont get your hopes up.

ou can edit the structure of any division, because you are basically recreating it to suit your needs.

So you can also add relegation from the Scottish 3rd division, make 5 teams relegate from the Premier League, 2 promotions from Conference Premier to League 2 etc.

Maybe SI could introduce an option that only loads the leagues from a particular branch of the pyramid. So if someone wanted to manage their local level 9 team, they wouldn't have to put up with the other 22 leagues running at that level in their game.

Or maybe you could make it so only one branch is playable. Not sure if that would work though, we'll have to wait and see.

As the Lancaster researcher, I look forward to seeing my handiwork in action, without having to relocate them to the Conference North where they're a bit out of their depth. Gives us non-league researchers a bit more of a purpose

i love the competition editor. am i right in think i could make a British Isles cup or something with England, Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, Rep of Ireland. Then i could put it in the years without a major competitions 2009,2011, 2013. It's an ace idea. Whereas i wouldn't use skinnable stadiums at all tbh. but thats just my opinion

what is the custom competition thing about??? what exactly does it enable u to do???

It allows you to create new competitions in the game. If you want to play in a league that is not in the game by default then you can create it with the editor.

My two cents on the competition editor.

The competition editor it's a nice addition. It let you to create leagues/competitions. Maybe in this first version of this year not all will be possible to do, but competition editor in the next years will improve.

Probably SI has no time to code in the game youth competition... in a future versione we will be able to create them, and maybe, the best creation will be used by SI for next version of the game.

It is much time that on my italian forum people ask for a Playable Serie D and a true Under 20 league like in reality. In future with the editor we will be able to create what we asked for year, and maybe, after creating, SI will include it in the next version of the game!

Archived