What;s the point in a competition editor?

I've said I'm not complaining. If you'd like a complaint then I'd say a lot of nonsense such as it's using development time on a game that I buy year in year out for a feature that's over-hyped and that I don't want.

But nobody would want to hear about that...

Tell that to the TS

For the return, I can't understand why manpower has not been deployed elsewhere to even add minor cosmetic features, such as skinnable stadiums or even just working through the extensive bug list.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With this competition editor I was wondering if you could edit the champions league to be a world champions league. I want a way to get Brazilian, Argentinian and Asian teams into the champions league.

I guess you will be able to change these leagues to the same continent and make them eligible for the European competitions, then rename it. This would be much easier than the way I did it for FM09, many hours of editing to move all the clubs into European leagues.

Skinnable Stadiums or Competition editor?

Sounds like a choice between cosmetics and gameplay. IMHO even if i played the best looking FM ever but the gameplay was poor i'd still get bored. And lets face it 'OOO that stadium looks nice' is going to get boring real quick.

And is it also possible to make a fake country with 3 leagues?

Premier division (with all fake self made teams)

First division (with all fake self made teams)

Second division (with all fake self made teams)

All divisions has 8 teams, 2x home 2x away games (so 7x 4 = 28 games per season)

Last 2 relegate to the division below and the first 2 promote to a division higher?

And also with the european football rules? nr 1 CL nr2 QCL nr 3 to nr 6 Europa League

thanks

And is it also possible to make a fake country with 3 leagues?

All divisions has 8 teams, 2x home 2x away games (so 7x 4 = 28 games per season)

Last 2 relegate to the division below and the first 2 promote to a division higher?

And also with the european football rules? nr 1 CL nr2 QCL nr 3 to nr 6 Europa League

thanks

The Euro qualification will depend on that nation's coefficient ranking. Give them a similar number of points at the start to someone like Holland, and they should get 2 in the UCL and 4 in Europa League. This could change in subsequent seasons if the clubs fail/succeed, they may get less/more teams to qualify.

The Euro qualification will depend on that nation's coefficient ranking. Give them a similar number of points at the start to someone like Holland, and they should get 2 in the UCL and 4 in Europa League. This could change in subsequent seasons if the clubs fail/succeed, they may get less/more teams to qualify.

Ok thanks

But is it also possible to make a fake country with 3 leagues?

thanks

Yes!!!

I think it is a lot of work.

Make a fake country (I want that country on WC and EC) is this possible?

-Cities

-Stadium

-create a flag

-Create some players with the nationality of your new country

- divisions

-team

- Logo's

- Stadium

- Reserve and U21

- Reserve and U21 divisions

I can't wait....

My two cents on the competition editor.

The competition editor it's a nice addition. It let you to create leagues/competitions. Maybe in this first version of this year not all will be possible to do, but competition editor in the next years will improve.

Probably SI has no time to code in the game youth competition... in a future versione we will be able to create them, and maybe, the best creation will be used by SI for next version of the game.

It is much time that on my italian forum people ask for a Playable Serie D and a true Under 20 league like in reality. In future with the editor we will be able to create what we asked for year, and maybe, after creating, SI will include it in the next version of the game!

could be possible to set up a reserve league for Italy as well which could be good

I love the fact you can alter the prize money each league receives. This could totally alter the economic make-up of a nation's league structure, or even a block of nations in an association eg UEFA.

Imagine being able to introduce some equity into the English Premiership by inverting the prize money so that the bottom team earns more than the top. Or how about a far fairer "trickle down" to narrow the gulf between the top flight and the lower leagues.

I also love the idea of regionalising some of the higher levels of football (maybe up to The Championship) and bringing in multi-stage regional play-offs for promotion at the end of the season. Then there's the cups, turn the league cup into a quasi-youth tournament? Introduce a cap of over 23 year olds and put a group stage at the start to ensure revenue for lower league sides?

I don't know if all of the above are possible but with time only your imagination will limit you, its a wonderful addition to the best game franchise ever produced.

These changes changed FM from Boeing 747 into space ship.

Great additions.

I can't wait to create Bosnian League and make new format of it (take my home club- Croatian Football Club TROGLAV LIVNO-to glory), to change format in Croatia, create Balkans Cup, British Cup, ex-USSR Cup, Egyptian League, Nigerian, Cameroonian, J-League, New Zealand League with new format (current is awful), rich Arabian leagues, Costa Rica League, JAMAICA, change MLS rules..... I will also create Caribbean Cup, change system in Gold Cup and in Copa America, make African cup run every 4 years, make , create OFC Cup in new format.

Simply, now I will be able to play leagues I have not been able to play in the past. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ;)

Archived