FM2010 announcement

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one feature i would love is having crapp fizzy pop refs who miss clear cut goals like they have been doing over the past few years :D

On a more serious note im really looking forward to this game coming out, and i might actually get to stick with it longer than FM09 (although i got 6 seasons out of that with hull before getting mad that despite finishing in europe 3 seasons running my players still wanted to go to teams consistantly finishing below me in the league)

So a few things i would like are

when a situation like that occurs IE im hitting the top 5 each year, that a player views my team more highly than a team below me

OH and giving the hull city players better stats that they deserved to have, Myhil and Turner were shocking last game and in the real world played way beyond what they could achieve with the crappy stats they got given :D

I think it must be my bias against anyone who can't stop talking long enough to let the game speak for itself. I don't care what language s/he speaks, if I'm treated like an idiot who needs every moment of the game broken down for me by (at best) semi-knowledgeable talking heads

tbf, that applies to all the major US sports as well.

I see the two videos of the new match 3d football manager 2010, and i am seemed to be by the same match 3d of last year, is a sensation, though I am grateful for it of the public, the rain, and the steps, but the nets are not animated, why they do animations of the public and do not do animations of the nets of the goals they would do more real the matches 3d.

The animations I do not believe that they are a problem in computers of low range, do not ask to look like the proevolution but they have a minimal animation.

Well the 3D of FM09 was a Work in progress and it was one of the worst 3D graphics for minimal requirements that the game asked for. So being a Working in progress I wouldn't get your hopes very high because the end product will not be much improvement if they follow the FM09 lines. What I mean (this is my opinion), Sensible Soccer of 98 has better graphics then the ones of FM09 and from what I saw on FM10 graphics is a little smoothly and stadium looks cool, but it is something that will make the graphic card work eight times then FM08 or FM07.

The GK animations continue exactly the same is movements from what I saw remain horrible (they still have what i call them the statue Syndrome), but I will hold for the demo.

One of the thing I liked about FM was a game that required minimal graphics and low end computer to play it, now the reality is very different. Of course I have the option of turn off 3D, but on FM09 there was the stupid message that appeared before every match and even with 2D the game was incredebly slow.

Anyway this means squat in my opinion, if they revamped or at least go few steps back on the ME. The ME (not the 3D) was beyond horrible to see (some of the so called "Gurus" of FM09 come in) with their "It is your tactics!" and all. When I play a game is for fun and reading 200 pages guide of tactics is not my idea of fun. because if I wanted that i would have been a freaking manager in real life.

On a side note the line talks during the match is yet another thing that will bring slowness to the game. I haven't played the demo (since it wasn't yet released) and I might be wrong, but from what I saw I not that eager of such an option. And from the images i saw I'm not that eager beside the league editor which is the only thing I'm eager about this game. (okay, now You can bash me away!)

Read the announcement, saw the YouTube videos, but ain't too impressed. Nothing radically new here (for example, towards a chairmanship/business direction, and/or a more psychological interface...). I might buy it, otherwise I am pretty happy with FM09 for an additional couple of years...

Anyway this means squat in my opinion, if they revamped or at least go few steps back on the ME. The ME (not the 3D) was beyond horrible to see (some of the so called "Gurus" of FM09 come in) with their "It is your tactics!" and all. When I play a game is for fun and reading 200 pages guide of tactics is not my idea of fun. because if I wanted that i would have been a freaking manager in real life.

On a side note the line talks during the match is yet another thing that will bring slowness to the game. I haven't played the demo (since it wasn't yet released) and I might be wrong, but from what I saw I not that eager of such an option. And from the images i saw I'm not that eager beside the league editor which is the only thing I'm eager about this game. (okay, now You can bash me away!)

You'll be suprised how easy it is to implement your own tactics.

The first version of the Tactcs Wizard is currently in FML and is all very simples to use with short and easy to understand explaination of what everything is. This changes the need for the sliders for example you can have your side play wider or play narrow so instead of moving the width slider it's done on a drop down menu.

It's ever so intuative to use and not hard to make a good tactic. But if you really hate it then you can go back to the "Classic" tactics which use the sliders.

The touchline shouts are a extension of the tactics wizard and are brilliant and instantly work. When my current FML formation 460 is not working I change to my own made 442 and using the shouts change to attacking, play wider, get ball forward and hassle opponets. All this is in an instant instead of trying to use sliders.

Substitutions and players on field roles can be changed on the fly with the shouts while you're still on the match screen so you never have to leave it if you don't want to.

I think you'll like it and be amazed at how easy it all is to use.

one feature i would love is having crapp fizzy pop refs who miss clear cut goals like they have been doing over the past few years :D

On a more serious note im really looking forward to this game coming out, and i might actually get to stick with it longer than FM09 (although i got 6 seasons out of that with hull before getting mad that despite finishing in europe 3 seasons running my players still wanted to go to teams consistantly finishing below me in the league)

So a few things i would like are

when a situation like that occurs IE im hitting the top 5 each year, that a player views my team more highly than a team below me

OH and giving the hull city players better stats that they deserved to have, Myhil and Turner were shocking last game and in the real world played way beyond what they could achieve with the crappy stats they got given :D

Maybe they just couldn't bear living in Hull

heyy miles i have a q about the newly redone creator mode

If we create a league in say, England, does it have to follow league/nation rules or can we do these up? so for example, the administration deduction's, the wage cap, foreign players...can WE decide that part of our league? i would apreciate knowing as i'm already designing my league idea's with friends

Miles/Ter......SI,

Can you please give an answer to this question??

I know in Spain there are different numbers of foreigners in each division. Will we be able to add a new league and change the numjber of foreigners allowed, or will it be subject to the currently existing rules of that nation??? i.e. Italian clubs can only sign 2 non-EU players from abroad per season?

Also, will it be possible to add a league above a current Top Division??

Good sirs, can I please get a answer on this question?

I have a plan to do a league system per following: Div 1 20 teams, Div 2 20 teams, Div 3 22 teams, Div 4 4 split divisions with 10 teams per split (total 40 teams), Div 5 8 Split Divisions with 10 teams per split (total 80 teams). Will this lleague structure be possible to be playable? It switches with Japan. Thanks in advance, sirs.

Good sirs, can I please get a answer on this question?

I have a plan to do a league system per following: Div 1 20 teams, Div 2 20 teams, Div 3 22 teams, Div 4 4 split divisions with 10 teams per split (total 40 teams), Div 5 8 Split Divisions with 10 teams per split (total 80 teams). Will this lleague structure be possible to be playable? It switches with Japan. Thanks in advance, sirs.

Should be; you can create a new league structure in the competitions editor and add it to the game

Yes sir, i knowed that, but can I have 8 split divisions?

Yes. You can edit the league rules. When you say split divisions do you mean like in Scotland where the league splits in two halfway through the season or do you mean two leagues feeding into one? Both should be possible.

You'll be suprised how easy it is to implement your own tactics.

The first version of the Tactcs Wizard is currently in FML and is all very simples to use with short and easy to understand explaination of what everything is. This changes the need for the sliders for example you can have your side play wider or play narrow so instead of moving the width slider it's done on a drop down menu.

It's ever so intuative to use and not hard to make a good tactic. But if you really hate it then you can go back to the "Classic" tactics which use the sliders.

The touchline shouts are a extension of the tactics wizard and are brilliant and instantly work. When my current FML formation 460 is not working I change to my own made 442 and using the shouts change to attacking, play wider, get ball forward and hassle opponets. All this is in an instant instead of trying to use sliders.

Substitutions and players on field roles can be changed on the fly with the shouts while you're still on the match screen so you never have to leave it if you don't want to.

I think you'll like it and be amazed at how easy it all is to use.

Like I said I will hold my critics towards the game once the Demo and the game are out. It is improvement with the tactical wizard, but like I said been somewhat disappointed with the two last games (FM08 and FM09) and I'm keeping my expectations for this game extremely low for once the Demo and game are out I enjoy it.

Yes. You can edit the league rules. When you say split divisions do you mean like in Scotland where the league splits in two halfway through the season or do you mean two leagues feeding into one? Both should be possible.

I mean like a North/South League, sir. So it will be possible with eight split divisions, sir? Great!

I mean like a North/South League, sir. So it will be possible with eight split divisions, sir? Great!

Yes, you will be able to feed two (or more) leagues into one, such as the Blue Square North and South feeding into the Blue Square Premier. It is just a case of adjusting the league rules and the promotion/relegation issues. I imagine it can be done. How easily I couldn't say not having seen the editor.

You can do that in FM09 so id imagine you can do it in FM2010

Really? Hmmm... I need to check that again when I get home.

EDIT: Right, I can make an offer to loan another team's player and add the option to buy. But I can't offer one of my players to clubs as a loan with an option to buy. That is what I was referring to.

Any idea when the next announcement will be for anything football manager 2010 related?

Im slowly getting tempted to turn to the dark side and try out championship manager due to the wait...

There have been feature bolgs every week day since last Wednesday (so 8 in all) that are covering all the improvements and new additions to the game in FM2010. If you check in the GD forum there are links to the blogs (plus match engine videos).

Personally I think it is looking great so far and I can't imagine anyone who has seen the improvements to the FM game and also seen/tried demo of CM, would ever consider switching.

PLEASE READ!! A SUPER LEAGUE... right, i love the idea of being able to create a proper super league...BUT, i'll doubt i'll be able to! the reason is that i like long term realism and when i used to create a European Super League using all 4 scottish leagues with teams like Real Mardrid, Man U, Munich and AC Milan in their Premier div and the likes of IFK Gothenburg, Anderlecht and Dynamo Kiev in the bottom division...all was amazing for the first few seasons with close fought leagues and amazing results and teams like Chelsea getting relegated through the leagues not being able to hack the pressure.. but after about 10 seasons i noticed that because i was using the scottish leagues all of Barcelonas Arsenals youth kids that were being promoted into the first squad were Scottish and that no-one wanted to move to the likes of Madrid and Milan because the "Super League" wasn't well known or famous enough and instead the best players in the world were going to Spain to the lokes of Malaga and England to Premiership Winning portsmouth! Also will FM have factored in the effects on the Champions League if you create a mighty SUPER LEAGUE (hopefully the option to remove the Champs league will be there without affecting the game) and where will your created league have to be based? hopefully it can be a Worldwide league!.. i know no-one knows the answers.. but i have a feeling FM10 will just miss the mark again.. still damn excited tho!

PLEASE READ!! A SUPER LEAGUE... right, i love the idea of being able to create a proper super league...BUT, i'll doubt i'll be able to! the reason is that i like long term realism and when i used to create a European Super League using all 4 scottish leagues with teams like Real Mardrid, Man U, Munich and AC Milan in their Premier div and the likes of IFK Gothenburg, Anderlecht and Dynamo Kiev in the bottom division...all was amazing for the first few seasons with close fought leagues and amazing results and teams like Chelsea getting relegated through the leagues not being able to hack the pressure.. but after about 10 seasons i noticed that because i was using the scottish leagues all of Barcelonas Arsenals youth kids that were being promoted into the first squad were Scottish and that no-one wanted to move to the likes of Madrid and Milan because the "Super League" wasn't well known or famous enough and instead the best players in the world were going to Spain to the lokes of Malaga and England to Premiership Winning portsmouth! Also will FM have factored in the effects on the Champions League if you create a mighty SUPER LEAGUE (hopefully the option to remove the Champs league will be there without affecting the game) and where will your created league have to be based? hopefully it can be a Worldwide league!.. i know no-one knows the answers.. but i have a feeling FM10 will just miss the mark again.. still damn excited tho!

But sir! I think that you already now can avoid scottish regens if you for example give Urawa Reds japanese nationality instead of scottish in the superleague. But of course I can be wrong, sir.

EDIT: And you can adjust league reputation, sir.

The only reason, in my opinion, that some people didnt actually like FM, was that there was no fun side to the game, be it visual or game play wise. From the screen shots that ive seen, what a game this will be. It looks alot more fun and eye catching, taking the good bits from Fifa Manger etc, nice little graphics and an improved 3d engine to boot. cant wait

Right, before I forget.

Is there any chance that we can get the transfer budget shifted to the beginning of May please? I mean, a lot is made of the difference between going up in the league and going up via the play off's, with those going up through the league stealing a march on the play off boys as they can get out and secure their targets a couple of weeks earlier.

If we had the budget at the confirmation of promotion/relegation/consolidation then we can start building for the following season right away.

Right, before I forget.

Is there any chance that we can get the transfer budget shifted to the beginning of May please? I mean, a lot is made of the difference between going up in the league and going up via the play off's, with those going up through the league stealing a march on the play off boys as they can get out and secure their targets a couple of weeks earlier.

If we had the budget at the confirmation of promotion/relegation/consolidation then we can start building for the following season right away.

I also want this to be included! Iirc you only get your transfer budget on the 1st of July. Since that is when the transfer window opens, it hampers one's ability to negotiate possible transfers before the 1st of July.

Really? I always used the default settings in WSM but I had a manager, etc. Even "soccer" commentators for the MLS call the man in charge the manager, not the head coach.

A head coach is a very different role from manager.

We in Portugal have coaches, coaches are people who choose the team and have a board behind them and a director of football making transitions with help of the said coach though.

A Manager besides actually managing the squad, is given a transfer budget (and a wage budget), the Manager chooses who to buy and the board is there to accomodate the manager in his stay at the club.

I’m a keen FMO player and have been for many years, as the single game just isn’t enough to satisfy my hunger.

And IMO the online side of the game has been somewhat pushed to the side.

what if any, improvements can I expect or new features?

I also feel SI could put a lot more time & effort in to making the online side of FM a lot more enjoyable.

do you think that you can link the top leagues in the world so whatever teams finish in the top 4 or 3 in thier respctive league get promoted to a super league that you created at the start?

I HOPE SO MATE!! i'd love to have a three tier Super League system with reputations for the leages at 20 19 and 18 respectively and then start the English Prem at 16 with the top team of each european league going into a group style playoff to get promoted to the third tier of the Super League system... if they do this competition editor properly and allow complete control over it, then with a lot of planning there's gonna be some epic fantasy football leagues going on in my house!!

I was a bit dissappointed with FM2009 performance and I really hope that FM2010 will be better in this aspect. If I had to make a comment o the 3D engine is on the Gk. It seems that GK moves like he is skating rather than walk/run. Is this going to be fixed in the official release?.

regards

In the 3d match screen you have the option of including several windows of information as an overlay. I found this very irritating as these windows would obscure the match view. I think a preferable option would be to let the user resize any windows they wish, and include the 3d match as one of these windows. This way we could create a smaller 3d match screen and include any stat windows we wished in the surrounding areas without obscuring the game.

Archived