FM2010 announcement

I don't know if anyone has asked this before, but in the main game editor will you be able to add a regen face to a newly created player? If not could it be possible to implement it in the future? Coz it would be good if when you are adding your friends to the game, you could also add a regen face that has a likeness to them aswell. :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! It's really nice to hear such sincere words right from the SI-team. I doubt that many developers give such an insight into QA processes and even admit that there have been bugs that no one worked on for almost 5 years.

Since for me personally the FM is close to perfection, I am specially interested in the polish "feature". I really hope that the week process is significantly faster now. But then again I'd like to add another feature request: I'd like to set the duration of a week manually so that there's still time in between matches to get your real life sorted out :)

hi

will i be able to add 4 leagues like there is now in the fl then put the teams in there that i want then add like 3 promoted and 3 go down from each league ?

If I have translated your poor grammar correctly: You want to have four leagues with teams of your choosing and have three promoted from each division, and have three relegated from each division? Then yes, that will be absolutely possible.

If I have translated your poor grammar correctly: You want to have four leagues with teams of your choosing and have three promoted from each division, and have three relegated from each division? Then yes, that will be absolutely possible.

thanks can have leeds back in the prem then :p

out of interest , will the players I.D.s be the same in the released game {30/10/09} that they will be in the demo? just wondered because I will be making facepacks and didn't want to blow hrs of work !!!

thanks

IDs (players, clubs, competitions) never change from one version to another. They are the same since (at least) FM 2005.

In the 3d match screen you have the option of including several windows of information as an overlay. I found this very irritating as these windows would obscure the match view. I think a preferable option would be to let the user resize any windows they wish, and include the 3d match as one of these windows. This way we could create a smaller 3d match screen and include any stat windows we wished in the surrounding areas without obscuring the game.

I like this idea, because the windows obscure my view of the field in 3d match view, I eventually only used the match stats window and I still had to move that around from time to time so that my view of my own or my opponent's goal was not blocked by the window.

I do have a question for SI.

Will you be releasing the FM2010, Iphone\Ipod Touch version?

Question already asked, and they said no (think was Oliver Collyer that said that)

Swap them with a team in the Premiership.

Sorry, that won't be possible. SI staff have said several times in this thread that inter-nation leagues will not happen in this version (cup will though).

Im gutted if thats true!! don't suppose you have a link where i can read about it?

One of the things that has become apparent in this thread (and in other places) following on from yesterdays announcement is just how many people want to use the new editor to do inter-nation cup competitions which yesterday we said wouldn't be possible. Having sat down this morning and had a bit of a chat about it, we've worked out a way that it can be done so, yes, inter-nation cups will now be possible to add with the editor. Inter-nation leagues are still not possible directly, although will be with a little bit of fiddling around.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you give me some more info on creating international leagues!! will it be possible to create a proper european super league that has longevity?

Will certain clubs still have a set date to move into to a new stadium, for example on the last two or three FM's (if not more) Liverpool move to New Anfield around 2010 but the reality is there's more chance of Labour winning the next general election than us moving into a new stadium.

No idea...

Hello sir..so you are the man people speak so highly of...anyyywaym have you managed to create a international club league without having to use an existing league?? if not, will it be possible matey?...

P.S will there be a blog on the new competition editor?

Guest roberto922
Pardon my ignorance, but what does Steve Cohen have to do with the game?

Thanks.

Nothing, they were commenting on American style commentators being terrible, and not wanting that in WSM

SI's twitter claims that there has been an announcement on dynamic league prestige, can anyone point me in the correct direction? Is it going to be included this year? Is it not? I'd rather it was dodgy than not. I know the reason that they dont include it is because if the EPL was ever not a top tier league people would be HOWLING about it.

Someone from SI posted that dynamic league reputation was an example of a long term feature (or something like that), and heavily implied that dynamic league reputation would not be included in this (or even next) edition. Kudos to whoever finds that post.

Do you remember the post where you read that pliz ?

I would be happy, if so called profissional players would stop playing like amateurs. AI i think is really weak. You have to tell everything to your players.

The Goalies make too many mistakes when starting an attack. they give up possesion too easily. for christ sake they pass the ball to a wing back with a defender right next to him. Goalies are just stupid. EVEN with long kick they still find a way to make a stupid quick throw to the opposition.

Another thing. Playing around with the mentally setting to a striker is the most enfuriating thing. Strikers never look for the ball, they just hide behind the defenders. most tactics don't work because of that. Strikers with mentally set to normal are just stupid. I think that's why most people used to make one of their 2 strikers to mark the DMC (zonal, no tight) so that they could have someone to connect the midfield to the ST.

Either way it's all about poor AI. Playing away at the top division was too hard. Getting dominated in Bochum or Cottbus away with Hamburg and then beating Bremen and Bayern 4-0 at home it's weird.

CO-Ownership transfers in Italy are pathetic. Teams would buy 50% of a players for 12 million and in the same transfer window they would sell him for 4million. Losing 8million. Why buy it then. Dumb.

I would be happy, if so called profissional players would stop playing like amateurs. AI i think is really weak. You have to tell everything to your players.

The Goalies make too many mistakes when starting an attack. they give up possesion too easily. for christ sake they pass the ball to a wing back with a defender right next to him. Goalies are just stupid. EVEN with long kick they still find a way to make a stupid quick throw to the opposition.

Another thing. Playing around with the mentally setting to a striker is the most enfuriating thing. Strikers never look for the ball, they just hide behind the defenders. most tactics don't work because of that. Strikers with mentally set to normal are just stupid. I think that's why most people used to make one of their 2 strikers to mark the DMC (zonal, no tight) so that they could have someone to connect the midfield to the ST.

Either way it's all about poor AI. Playing away at the top division was too hard. Getting dominated in Bochum or Cottbus away with Hamburg and then beating Bremen and Bayern 4-0 at home it's weird.

CO-Ownership transfers in Italy are pathetic. Teams would buy 50% of a players for 12 million and in the same transfer window they would sell him for 4million. Losing 8million. Why buy it then. Dumb.

This isn't the sort of thing that should be discussed in this thread. There are bugs forums if you have issues like this. :thup:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

Guest roberto922
If they were to do that for all numbers that people could make mistakes with (8 and B is another example, 2 and Z) there would be a lack of numbers that they could use :D

Just use letters, we've got 26 of the bastards.

OMFG i cant stop thinking about Football Manager 10 can somone help me ARRRR i jsut want to days to go fast to the demo date that ill be happy and carm down ARRRR cant wait for demo FOOTBALL MANAGER is the best game in the world

Archived