FM2010 announcement

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miles, I'd still love a little information regarding the new Tactics section and the improbable backwards compatibility question if you have five minutes :)

It's the same system (sliders are still being moved around) so it will still be backwards compatible. :)

Are you gonna change John Terry to Ron Harris as well? :D

I think it would be cool to play a FM game using players and teams from any decade in the last say 40 years. Obviously though you would have to have a different database for each decade and that would take far to long to create.

Ive only read a few pages of this thread so this might have been answered alread but..

Will the PC and Mac version come in the same box or will I have to buy two copies and if yes will I be able to install it on my PC home and Mac at work with just one copy?

Thanks in advance.

SI, will we get some kind of Ass Man official translator guide so we can turn Ass Man advice into actual changes / tweaks. Not all Ass Man advice has an obvious counter measure, removing any guesswork would be nice!

I think that's the point, you have to work it out for yourself.

Hello SI,

The screenshots looks awesome!

Quick Question: will this be released in the U.S on the same date (assuming it'll be called WSM2010)?

Dude,

You should be able to get it on Steam as Football Manager 2010...that whole WSM thing is/was stupid. It will be released on 30 Oct (normal release date).

Wow...must..preorder...game

How much is it gonna be?

Are Doncaster going to be rated higher then we normally are?

Can we have on the boardroom a separate option so build up stadium and build 'new' stadium?

And is there any more indepth look at the finance and facillities?

For my first message seems to be loads. Hopefully Play.com will do what they did for 08 and give my copy to me days earlier.

Miles, your a genius.

Two things I hope is fixed in FM10: No more 15-16 year old newgens in the national U21-teams, and no more stupid game AI that do not understand they have some real talented players. I am so sick and tired of the AI teams selling all their 150+ PA youngsters to other teams for coffee money in FM09.

Dude,

You should be able to get it on Steam as Football Manager 2010...that whole WSM thing is/was stupid. It will be released on 30 Oct (normal release date).

Is this confirmed? No more WSM for 2010? I definitely hope so (speaking as a transplanted Brit in the land of 'soccer' :thdn: )

Sorry if this has been addressed already - my employer won't let me read through 1400+ posts...lol

Is this confirmed? No more WSM for 2010? I definitely hope so (speaking as a transplanted Brit in the land of 'soccer' :thdn: )

Sorry if this has been addressed already - my employer won't let me read through 1400+ posts...lol

I don't care what you call it--just let me have it.

How/when can I pre-order it for Mac in the US?

And how do you guys have time for FM at work? I teach third grade (eight-year olds) and... wait... I do have an interactive whiteboard... and FM could be considered math and reading... hmm... I think I'm onto something here...

Two things I hope is fixed in FM10: No more 15-16 year old newgens in the national U21-teams, and no more stupid game AI that do not understand they have some real talented players. I am so sick and tired of the AI teams selling all their 150+ PA youngsters to other teams for coffee money in FM09.

Never happens in my game. They always cost millions.

And start by not using programs to make the game easier... (by cheking the potential of the players).

hi, i like the new look of FM 10. just wondering about the tactics creator though. Judging from the screenshots, is it just a wizard to make it easier for new players? Has tactical instructions itself been expanded upon or is it the same (direction of player runs etc.)?

Hello Miles,

I wanted to know if in FM2010, the training sytem will be improved, and if yes, in which way.

Hope you could give me some infos about it.

This game is very realistic, but to be a coach is to have regulary ( by day or week ) many informations about the training session in reality.

Thanks

agree with mightymind as well. would be good if there are more updates on training performance. Not necessarily with just stat increases, but just day to day if they trained well during the week.

Would be interesting as it'll help pick a team on form as well as training performance.

Hello Miles,

I have a question in my mind for a quite long time - since FM2005 when I first started to play.

If you take a low-reputation club in a low-reputation country and you win silverware with them,

Will that particulary country will get it's reputation boost to get more spots on the Champions League like in real life ?

For ex :

- put somes stat in each type of training session : in my opinion, in FM, the training has to be more realistic and "very close" to the manager ( as the after match, we should have many details )

Each training session in FM should be cut in many sub-session ( ex : phyical : muscles, sprints, running, fitness, etc. ).

Whenever you see in reality, a manager is spending more than 50% of his time to schedule with the assistant the right training programme according to the individual and collective performance of the previous matchs or trainings.

The training should be the most important task for the manager, I don't mind not to see in 3D the palyers training, but we should be able to get many info to decide. At the present time, in FM, it's too light and not at all realistic, if you don't mind.

mightymind: Older versions of Football/champ manager had the training sessions split up like you described, you get a certain amount of slots everyday and you allocate an activity, you could plan the whole training regime in a lot of detail (you could choose 5 a sides, crossing training, sprinting, muscle training, rest on match day etc. too much to list). But in practice it doesn't really work and its just VERY long and tedious, this slider options training that we use today is actually much better.

Hello Miles,

I have a question in my mind for a quite long time - since FM2005 when I first started to play.

If you take a low-reputation club in a low-reputation country and you win silverware with them,

Will that particulary country will get it's reputation boost to get more spots on the Champions League like in real life ?

yes and no

The co-efficient will rise but the league rep won't.

You will get more champions league places but the league won't seem any more reputable to the AI

It was just an example, but what I would like to have, is almost what a manager is doing in the whole day and week for the training performance, so maybe there will be a diffrent way to get this part realistic ( at least to have more detailed report in order to be sure to select the right player in the right moment ).

Maybe we should have a summary of a week of a real manager in order to learn more about the training and to improve this game.

In fact I don't mind to spend half of my time in the game to shedule the training, if the reports are detailed and the effects are realistic. I insist by saying that the training is the most important work for the manager.

mightymind: Older versions of Football/champ manager had the training sessions split up like you described, you get a certain amount of slots everyday and you allocate an activity, you could plan the whole training regime in a lot of detail (you could choose 5 a sides, crossing training, sprinting, muscle training, rest on match day etc. too much to list). But in practice it doesn't really work and its just VERY long and tedious, this slider options training that we use today is actually much better.

Guest roberto922
have there been any more blogs/updates since the one about the data? I haven't seen anything else?

seriously, how hard is it to check? You go into GD and ooh look, a thread stickied and labelled FM 2010 Blogs that just happens to have every thread that has been started.

have there been any more blogs/updates since the one about the data? I haven't seen anything else?

There's a nice sticky a bit beneath this thread that says "FM2010 Blogs". If a blog goes live, that thread will be updated, so that's your first stop.

seriously, how hard is it to check? You go into GD and ooh look, a thread stickied and labelled FM 2010 Blogs that just happens to have every thread that has been started.

OK, first of all, if you haven't got anything friendly to say, keep it shut.

Second of all, that's what I've been doing, BUT, seeing as two blogs had been released in quick succession and then nothing, I wondered if I'd missed anything.

Sarcasm will get you nowhere, phnompenhandy managed to give info in a friendly manner, Ainu gave the same info as you, maybe with a bit of irony, but still friendly enough.

mattant, grade - SI said 'this week' - so I guess any day now for the next blog/drip of new information.

Thanks for the constructive reply :thup:

Looks like some cracking work has been done. A polished FM2009 with a new userfriendly interface sounds good to me. Its always been the subtle improvements that have made me buy each installment. Am hoping the whole press and management interaction has been added to and given some actual meaning and repercussions in the game (ie rafa rant etc), would be great.

I was hoping that Miles or someone could answer whether the transfer system has seen improvement, particularly in the enquiring about a player option. The ONE thing i liked about the CM demo was the fact that when you enquired about a player the AI always gave a transfer figure, and your enquiry wasn't dismissed. Afterall every player has a price. Also the figures were what you would expect i.e. David Silva for £24 mil rather than the 60plus (if you were lucky!) mil you would have to shell out in last years FM. It was particularly difficult to buy good players in FM after a couple of seasons without paying silly money. You often had to offer mid table teams £50 plus mil for players like Hamsik that they had bought in the first season. We all know City have made it silly money territory again, but you should be able to get good players from biggish clubs for definately no more than £30mil in the present market, think Spurs and Villa players etc.

Another question is whether we will be able to view how much the clubs generate in terms of money like Deloitte often highlight in the top 20 richest clubs table? Just subtle little additions to help track performances and progression which would'nt be difficult to implement.

A couple of issues which i hope have been looked at are being unable to become a favoured personnel at a big club despite how many things you win, and also having players from your academy being far more loyal to your club, and would definately not seek a move away or be unsettled by a club at a similar standing unless the club is not performing. Am thinking regens in the mould of Giggs and Carragher etc.

Thanks, hope you might be able to answer my quieries.

I didn't buy last years' game but will definately buy this years. So what I want to know is in last years, or this years game could you, or will you be be able to manage teams from Cyprus. I support APOEL as my family back in Cyprus do, they made in to the Champions League after going through every knock out round and would love to be able to manage them on FM 2010. Thanks.

I didn't buy last years' game but will definately buy this years. So what I want to know is in last years, or this years game could you, or will you be be able to manage teams from Cyprus. I support APOEL as my family back in Cyprus do, they made in to the Champions League after going through every knock out round and would love to be able to manage them on FM 2010. Thanks.

The new data editor i guess would mean you could create the league and teams since they already exist. I do look out for Cyprus abit and like Apollen Limassol and got their kit for my 7th birthday (Not something you see everyday in Yorkshire!)

Hmm about the other guys comment about Youth Academy could it be more in depth so you have your 1st team, reserves, youth AND academy team? you know maybe develop your academy in the style of Barce or Arsenal, etc

Never happens in my game. They always cost millions.

And start by not using programs to make the game easier... (by cheking the potential of the players).

You're a very, very lucky man then because even SI have previously accepted this is an issue.

Archived