FM2010 announcement

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anything been said about whether the board expectations when taking over a team half way through a season has been fixed?

For example in a previous game I took over at Birmingham in December when they were 21st in Championship having been predicted 3rd. I re-built the team in January and went on a run of great results and managed to finish 8th or 9th just outside the play offs. However come the end of May post season I was sacked due to my poor league position.

When a new manager takes over any club (player or AI) the board expectations should be reassessed and revised accordingly for that season.

Without reading through pages and pages, is there any news of the demo release date yet?

Also are the kits going to be the same as FM09 or different?

1- As said before, about 2 weeks before the game is out (so mid-october)

And you'll see a topic on the demo pinned on the top of the forum ;)

2- most likely the same i would say

Is there the possibility to comment a tactic?

I mean when I have to save/load a tactic I have tons of 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with just team name and a date as description. It will be useful to have a comment/description box the user can fill.

Could be very useful, if it's not included post this in the Official FM Suggestions Thread.

Is there the possibility to comment a tactic?

I mean when I have to save/load a tactic I have tons of 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with just team name and a date as description. It will be useful to have a comment/description box the user can fill.

that is a GREAT idea!

Got to say - very dissapointed.

I was eagerly anticipating a few drastic changes to the game or some storming new features, but alas we have been given a "polished" fm 2009.

With the release of the new championship manager imminent I feel SI have missed a trick as Championship Manager has stated it will be putting the "fun feeling" from cm 01/02 into the new game.

I do feel that the fm series has become like an exam recently and this is the first one that I do not anticipate buying. I will be purchasing the championship manager 2010 game as I feel I will be able to "enjoy" this a lot more.

I understand I may be wrong and I am aware that all new features have not yet been revealed however I feel this series has now taken another step back.

It is one thing to offer constructive criticism but how is this helpful? It is a bit like poking your head into a movie theater and yelling, "this movie SUCKS!" and leaving...

i feature i would like to see is the option in editor to change national team strength.

in previous versions for some reason england are world beaters (they actually manage to win the world cup and euro championship)

after the croatia 5-1 i expect they will be made as strong as brazil 1970. we all know england are not gonna win the world cup 2010 they just arnt good enough when it comes down to the crunch.

so some kind of feature to fix biased team strength would be a good option.

After missing out on becoming addicted on fm09, ironic being it was the best game in the series. Im only quietly looking forward to 2010 and am gonna read nothing about it so as not spoil the surprises when i do play, 1 thing i read was fml style pitch instructions which i really do not enjoy tbh, but as always i am sure fm will deliver. good luck guys and all the best for the new game

liking the look of this ....always used to hate it when I wanted to make a quick defensive sub and it only happend after I had lost my advantage..but now I think I can do that..bring it on
Yes, you can. But the sub only comes on when the ball is out of play, obviously!

So if I set-up a sub and something happens - like the opposition score - before the sub has been executed, then I can cancel the sub? Just as in real life.

Say yes. If you say yes, I will buy FM10. Otherwise, I'll wait for FM11.

FM09 would only give you the chance to cancel a waiting sub if there was an injury, not if the score changed.... which drove me nuts. There's nothing like watching your team use their last sub to go ultra-defensive just after you've gone a goal down in a game you're desperate for a point from to cause frustration overload.

Why not just have the description in the tactics name:confused:

because you can only have a certain amount of characters as the tactics name. so you can't write a description or anything. you have to try and remember what all your coded letters are.

it sucks this way. there should def be a description section attached.

hello

here is so many post and it'll be complicated to read it all..just have one question..

does someone know - what about tactic engine, especialy, striker problem..i'm p laying this game for a 9 months and...recently got into thing that my strikers scores a lot of goals (but never more than 30 in season)..so i'm wondering..

would be possible to have good (like in 08) statistics of your strikers??

and does someone have link to tactic engine blog or something?

thank you and sorry for my english

I recently played the champ manager 10 demo and needless to say, the match engine was pants. But the are some very good ideas. They use 'prozone' so you could analyze a previous game in detail and you can set up you player postions whilst in posession and whilst defending, which removed the need for sliders or toggles (defensive line and width); it also meant you width defers whether you're in posession or not, which is a very handy tool.

Is the new tactic engine similar to this and is there a you tube or video link to demonstrate this?

Will the lower league teams be properly researched with the real players in them? Its all well and good having the ability toplay the Northern League or Unibond Premier (great development been hoping for this for 10 years) but if the players are fake then this diminishes the enjoyment a bit. Hopefully the squads will be real? Will there be plenty of freebies to sign if you are a low team? I find many of them retire which makes it difficult.

Thanks,.

What I would like to know is if the 2010 will have more sound. Maybe some commentary while the game is playing and not just text comments. It would be a big improvement for me if that happen, all the new improvements are awesome but sound would be a cherry on top for me. :).

Guest roberto922
i am just wondering are they going to stick with last years way of installing it or going back to the way in 2008 because sadly if they stick with last years i am not going to buy and i have bought every football manager since they come out.

I'd much prefer last years, if I need a disc in every time I want to play the game it'll be of great inconvenience to me since I need to use an external disc drive.

I'd much prefer last years, if I need a disc in every time I want to play the game it'll be of great inconvenience to me since I need to use an external disc drive.

Hi,

An announcement has been made on the activation for this year. Have a look at the sticky "Football Manager 2010 Installation and DRM Decision" thread.

Thanks

Ben

• SI Staff
I know its been asked millions of times but has there been any sort of Official indication when we are expected to have option of downloading demo ?

The demo will be available a couple of weeks before release as detailed in the opening post of this very thread :)

The demo will be available a couple of weeks before release as detailed in the opening post of this very thread :)

Thank you Ter, I knew that ..... was just hoping there might be some backhand info LOL Just gonna have to wait I guess, keep up all your good work ....its much appreciated

I don't remember this being mentioned but will the CA be more of a factor than the actual attributes? Lately I've been selecting my players based on their stats rather than just being a "Decent/Good Premiership player" and was wondering if I am going to have to change my playing style in the new version.

You're well within your rights to opt out of the product if we put something in that's unsatisfactory to you. Thats a decision we have to live with as a publisher when we use that type of software.

However - we didn't use Securom, we used Uniloc. We didn't install a rootkit or anything else potentially harmful, and I don't believe we've any intention of doing that. We certainly won't, and don't, sell any information to third parties at all - that's just not true and I'm not sure where you heard it from.

What we did do was make a catalogue of mistakes in implementing Uniloc and that was a nightmare for a chunk of our users. That is the exact reason why we haven't confirmed what, if anything, we'll do in that regard this year - we're still investigating ALL our options.

I guarantee you we'll tell you what we choose to do and why we choose to do it so you can make a decision according to your principles, before FM comes out. I'd ask you not to indulge the hyperbole and the conspiracy theories by blaming us for stuff that we simply haven't and won't do, until that time.

To finalise - you'll get to have this conversation before FM10 comes. However - this isn't the time or the place so please keep the thread on topic.

Thanks.

Hi Matt,

Please bear in mind that FM10 will be pirated no matter what you do, so please use a solution that does not impact on your paying customers (and this goes for all Sega games).

You obviously already know the above, but it's worthwhile reiterating it. I'm guessing the copy protection is only used in order to slow down the pirating of the game, in which time people become impatient and end up purchasing the game. Even so, please do not impact upon the paying customers.

It's like when you watch a DVD and it plays the anti-pirating message. The people who see the message are the ones who purchased the DVD. The people who pirated it don't get the message on their video file.

I've pre-ordered FM10 through Steam, so I shouldn't be directly impacted for this release, but I still feel strongly about the issue.

Edit:

Finished reading the topic. I'm very happy to see the DRM topic. It's brilliant news that FM10 won't have DRM in the boxed release. Superb stuff. Well done SEGA and SI.

• 2 weeks later...

What about the regen system of 2010?

Does this new version polish the previous system?

In my opinion, this was the main issue in FM2009: I was strongly frustrated by the flaws of the engine of long-term regeneration of players.

Actually, almost no regen was a fully world-class player comparable to the world-class players present in the initial database: for example, even the best centre back with 190+ potential and 15+ everywhere had in all cases at least a problem, like a 4 at jumping or heading (or had awful mental attributes: pressure, etc.).

I performed a couple of statistical analyses on the initial databases and databases after 30 seasons. It appears that the main problem are the following :

(i) values generated for regens are picked in a random distribution and not in a normal distribution

(ii) the correlations between attributes (that vary among positions and types of players) detectable in the initial database are not maintained by the regeneration engine

(iii) attributes should be picked in different normal distributions depending on the potential of the player (to decrease the variance of attributes in a player having high potential, as it is in the initial database).

Even if this will not improve the "appearance" of the game that matters for most customers, I hope that SI will consider putting much efforts into this system to keep the game realistic and exciting for users who like playing long-term games.

I keep the fingers crossed to see improvement of this system in the next versions!

Regards!

• 2 weeks later...
So if I set-up a sub and something happens - like the opposition score - before the sub has been executed, then I can cancel the sub? Just as in real life.

Say yes. If you say yes, I will buy FM10. Otherwise, I'll wait for FM11.

FM09 would only give you the chance to cancel a waiting sub if there was an injury, not if the score changed.... which drove me nuts. There's nothing like watching your team use their last sub to go ultra-defensive just after you've gone a goal down in a game you're desperate for a point from to cause frustration overload.

Is this thread dead? I'm still trying to find out the answer to my question of whether you can cancel un-executed subs (because the score has changed since you issued the instruction) just like you can in real life. It's the single criterion I have on whether I buy FM10.

Is this thread dead? I'm still trying to find out the answer to my question of whether you can cancel un-executed subs (because the score has changed since you issued the instruction) just like you can in real life. It's the single criterion I have on whether I buy FM10.

Are you really serious? Fair enough, but IMO a very silly reason for buy/not buying a game.. Its like not going to see a match if the linesman is wearing red boots instead of black.. But of course each to his own.. :)

The best answer I can give you is that I've read all blogs, but havent seen this as a confirmed feature.. but that doesnt mean its not in.. I would love to see it in though!

Archived