FM2010 announcement

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is more of a suggestion than a question but I think an area of FM that would be a nice little feature would be to elaborate on the 'start unemployed' feature. I think it would be good if you could start unemployed and be offered the position off as the Ass. Man. of a club first and build your reputation up like that. Like for example, you could choose to be an Ass. Man. of a higher league club as opposed to being offered manager positions of lower league teams where by your told which team your in charge or whether its the reserves or under 18's and have the ability to recommend players to your first team based on performance/potential.

Another aspect could be when you've established yourself as a manager, and national teams come around offering you under 19's or 21's etc. national youth teams too.

One other suggestion, and probably a suggestion that would take an enourmous effort to pull off would be compatible saved games when a new FM comes out. There are some games I've had in previous editions where I've enjoyed and thought it would be nice to continue on with the newer features but as I've said before, I realise this would be a huge mission in itself. I'm sure both these suggestions have been said in the past by others and they are just merely putting it out there as ideas that could be worked with in future editions.

Either way I've been a satisfied customer since CM01/02 and have played every version since and despite not always being totally convinced with certain features, I do appreciate the efforts taken by everyone involved because at the end of the day, the people behind the scenes do try to improve the game and it shows with the evolution of the series. As for FM2010, it will definitely be installed on my pc to try it out despite the many objections I hear from others, 'Don't play it, you get too angry', 'Oh no not that game again!' etc. :)

So does this mean we can set up & change tactics and individual instructions without spending ages tweaking a myriad of sliders? I hope so, that was the only thing that spoilt fm09 for me, I knew how I wanted my team / players to play but felt like I couldn't get this implemented into my game without spending hours researching what sliders actually did!

I know it has already been stated that the spec requirements will be similar to 09, however when I got a new laptop recently, for cost reasons I had to settle for one with a 2Ghz processor, as thats the minimum for 09 on Vista I was wondering if there would be a higher (as 'similar' is not 'same') requirement for FM10, as FM's generally have around .2 Ghz extra requirement each time. If so I was wondering a couple of things (and even if not the same situation will apply to the next couple of versions), firstly will less power suffice? I know there have been a few mini-discussions (so sorry if this seems like the same inquiry) over the past few pages on what will still work fine but a friend with far more knowledge on this subject then I has told me that sometimes games check the computer specs and may not install if the specs aren't up to scratch. Also if it won't let me install and play (though I assume I'll be able to, and just want to be sure), as a Plan B (just in case), as XP doesn't require anywhere near as much power, will a retrofit of XP enable me to keep playing this and future versions without worrying about processor spec, or is that about to be phased out as an supported OS now that the imminent arrival of '7' gives people another alternative to the oft-complained about Vista. As its a new model other requirements (especially RAM, at 4GB), should be fine for quite a while to come, but with laptops, processor power is often fairly tight spec-wise.

I hope I'm not being annoying being so specific on something thats recently cropped up but it would be a shame to either miss out on FM10 when I am able to play it anyway or assume I still can and find I can't after I've got it.

I like the idea of the more intuitive tactics creator, but I'm just worried it will become too dumbed down. I'd love to know how much scope there is to change player roles. I guess I will have to wait for the blog on it.

The shouts look great too. As does the analysis.

Plenty of great things and looking forward to trying my hand even lower down the league structure. Very exciting.

I was hoping that Miles or someone could answer whether the transfer system has seen improvement, particularly in the enquiring about a player option. The ONE thing i liked about the CM demo was the fact that when you enquired about a player the AI always gave a transfer figure, and your enquiry wasn't dismissed. Afterall every player has a price. Also the figures were what you would expect i.e. David Silva for £24 mil rather than the 60plus (if you were lucky!) mil you would have to shell out in last years FM. It was particularly difficult to buy good players in FM after a couple of seasons without paying silly money. You often had to offer mid table teams £50 plus mil for players like Hamsik that they had bought in the first season. We all know City have made it silly money territory again, but you should be able to get good players from biggish clubs for definately no more than £30mil in the present market, think Spurs and Villa players etc.

I don't think we will see any improvements in transfer, training, AI or media, you know, the parts of the game that really count.

We haven't seen for ages, so don't get your hopes up.

Greetings. I want you to add an option to online mode. In this option, if We want to play 1-on-1 match, we can enter the match directly.

For example, the matchs ought to be don't needed the propose any offering. So users ought to can play matchs without "friendly match offer" in whole season.

With this mode , players doesn't injury before the season and and we can play matchs anytime in whole season.

I'll be very pleased if you answer me...

Anyone from SI want to answer that for me?

From what's been said, it looks like it depends entirely on how much detail you want to go into. If you just want the right teams playing in a basic league, you can chuck it together fairly quickly. If you want to go into more detail and fiddle with the fixture scheduling and other things, or you want a strange league structure like the scottish prem, then it's probably going to take you longer. I would guess it's likely to be a case of being time consuming rather than being difficult anyway.

anyone know if a multiball system will be introduced? I watch matches in full speed 2d, and so much time is wasted with players going to get the ball, kicking it too far, going to get it and bringing it back to the correct spot. Hopefully this will be improved :)

anyone know if a multiball system will be introduced? I watch matches in full speed 2d, and so much time is wasted with players going to get the ball, kicking it too far, going to get it and bringing it back to the correct spot. Hopefully this will be improved :)

Maybe even little 3d ball boys :D

is your processor dual core?

Looks like it, says Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, an Intel T6400 in case that means anything. As I said, I'm no expert on these things. As people have suggested lower speeds that are fine I presume the game will still let me run it, even if a higher speed is specified.

Is that confirmed then for FM10 that there won't be dynamic league reputations?

Personally i can't see a dynamic league reputation being implemented and i can't see any blog being written to comment on it. It's probably a very low priority for SI, if it's even on their list at all.

Even though in my view, it does need to be implemented. You can reach 2080 and the Premier League, Serie A and La Liga will still be the dominant leagues in world football. Clubs from France, Germany, Portugal and Holland will never really be able to challenge for players or competitions with a glass-ceiling in place. The glass-ceiling being the League Reputation.

It's quite difficult playing as a club in France, for example Olympique Lyonnais, winning the Champions League, Ligue 1 and World Club Championships several times in a decade (in my own save-game), but never surpassing a low-Continental reputation and on occasion, slipping back down to National during the summer.

You know something is up when you're the most successfull and richest club in the world playing to 80,000 fans weekly, but nobody of any stature wants to come and your stars want to leave.

The new tactics is exactly what I've been longing for! *yaaay* All the sliders and where to put the slider and when and how was just too much for me in 09, it became immensely hard to know how to tell your team to play even after reading Tactical Theorems And Frameworks.

I look forward to being able to play Football Manager again, it's been a sweet ride from Championship Manager ´94 to this! :)

I like the idea of the more intuitive tactics creator, but I'm just worried it will become too dumbed down. I'd love to know how much scope there is to change player roles. I guess I will have to wait for the blog on it.

This system is being used in FM Live. Personally, I like it a lot. It gives the manager a lot of easy tweaks to your tactics, especially useful in matches when you can respond to the game situation and opponent tactics. The wizard has a number of pre-set player "types" for each position, but you easily have the ability to change any setting just as you would in the current tactics system. Example: Like the "winger" role for your tactic, but want him to try through balls "often" instead of "sometimes"? One click and it's changed! In fact, I would say this "tweaking" is pretty common among managers on FM Live. The wizard gets you close to what you want in a very easy way, then you can tweak to your own liking. Of course, you have the ability to do it the "old fashioned way" by setting every slider on your own. No one way is excluded by any means.

You cannot create a system like this. The editor only allows you to add nations structure or add divisions to current nation structure. You cannot have two seperate nations running under one league.

Damn, I'm much less intregued now. Was well looking forward to creating a proper Superleague.

It is not entirely impossible. Miles said it was possible, but it needed some fiddling around. For the words he said it won't be easy thing and I personally recommend that only to try it once SI release some sort of guide to how it is done.

I'm really hoping that the processing times are noticeably better in FM2010. I'm running an AMD Turion x2 dual-core processor with 2gig of RAM, and running two leagues in FM2009 was a heck of a task!

That was my only qualm about an otherwise excellent game. It was enough for me to stick to FM08 this year.

This system is being used in FM Live. Personally, I like it a lot. It gives the manager a lot of easy tweaks to your tactics, especially useful in matches when you can respond to the game situation and opponent tactics. The wizard has a number of pre-set player "types" for each position, but you easily have the ability to change any setting just as you would in the current tactics system. Example: Like the "winger" role for your tactic, but want him to try through balls "often" instead of "sometimes"? One click and it's changed! In fact, I would say this "tweaking" is pretty common among managers on FM Live. The wizard gets you close to what you want in a very easy way, then you can tweak to your own liking. Of course, you have the ability to do it the "old fashioned way" by setting every slider on your own. No one way is excluded by any means.

Great, thanks dankrzyz. That sounds good to me. Like I said in theory it sounds much better than the sliders in terms of realism. I'm glad there is still the chance to do plenty of tinkering with it. Can't wait to try it out.

I'm really hoping that the processing times are noticeably better in FM2010. I'm running an AMD Turion x2 dual-core processor with 2gig of RAM, and running two leagues in FM2009 was a heck of a task!

That was my only qualm about an otherwise excellent game. It was enough for me to stick to FM08 this year.

Are you serious? 2 leagues on that setup should of been a breeze. I've ran about 15 leagues with a medium sized database on a laptop that had a similar if not the same processor with 2 GB of RAM and the processing times were fairly quick. I was multi-tasking as well (surfing, YouTube, Skype).

hey Miles, PLEASE READ THIS

i really hope you have fixed the game so that if you dont change your tactics before 60min or 70mins the computer team doesn't automatically score. i have been playing this game for years and i noticed this a few games ago, maybe even as far back as the CM days, that if you dont change your tactics in time the computer will 99.9% of the time score against you. please if you haven't already make this more random. oh yea, and also if you dont change things before 40mins playing against a good team they will score too. please fix this because it makes the game too predictable.

Hope you get to read this

There was news today that Chelsea have been banned from signing any players for the next two transfer windows. Any idea if this will be incorporated in FM10? If it is, I see very few people starting their career there :p

I hope it gets put in, it's only right that it does, linkage to article and thread about the Chelsea transfer ban if anyones interested.

Is that confirmed then for FM10 that there won't be dynamic league reputations?
They'll happen (properly) at some point. And yes, that would be an example of a long-term feature.

Posted in the blog about how SI choose the features for the game. (Post 41)

Read the 1st few pages then jumped to 15!, game looks promising, looking forward to being able to manage turks and ceicos islands!

When i create a new league am i able to set the finances for that league and am i also able to edit finances for existing leagues that i activate such as the zamaretto premier?

when i create a new league am i able to create teams and players for it, ie- choose all my local village sides and invent names of players for them and set the league as a feeder league to say the zamaretto premier?

Was hoping a feature would be added to improve your background, big clubs fans dont like and inexperienced manager being appointed so why not be able to edit your acheivements or even start as a coach or assistant manager and get better jobs by increasing your reputation by winning u21/res games and recommending players to the 1st team.

in response to the reply about speed issues on laptop, i am still playing fm08 and run a large database and 5 or 6 leagues on a 1600mhz pentium m processor with 1 gig rab 30gb hard drive and basic graphics card and game runs very fast, i have full match day experience but only watch text of match.

Jon

Heres a suggestion Sports Interactive -

These patches (updates or whatever) that are released after the game is made to fix bugs and glitches and other problems, is there anyway you can make the game near enough perfect so we don't have the problems of FM2009 (and previous versions) when it first came out. I know, I know it won't be perfect, but why not aim for just two patches (updates) and make them good and long lasting.

Basically sort the game out before we have to sort it for you, PLEASE!!!

Heres a suggestion Sports Interactive -

These patches (updates or whatever) that are released after the game is made to fix bugs and glitches and other problems, is there anyway you can make the game near enough perfect so we don't have the problems of FM2009 (and previous versions) when it first came out. I know, I know it won't be perfect, but why not aim for just two patches (updates) and make them good and long lasting.

Basically sort the game out before we have to sort it for you, PLEASE!!!

Don't be so naive. It's impossible to make a game as complex as FM without there being some problems.

Granted, some things should not get through (like the injury thing in FM09 demo) but asking for a near enough perfect game is incredibly stupid.

Don't be so naive. It's impossible to make a game as complex as FM without there being some problems.

Granted, some things should not get through (like the injury thing in FM09 demo) but asking for a near enough perfect game is incredibly stupid.

Ok, I may be asking alot of them, but technology as it is today, they can certainly try and do a good job on the demo, and ask for the game they can try and make a good job of the first release. I know it's a complex game, but they have testers, and every other type of person working on this to make it a classic. I know it won't be perfect, but I expect a better job than that of FM2009!!!

Hi

one question to SI creater. Can you change the Stadium on which the Bosnian National Team play? Because, it is not more Kosevo in Sarajevo, but Bilino Polje in Zenica. It is since 2 years, and the thing is: the pitch is near the fans, like old english Stadium, where the players on the pitch are surrounded from fans screaming and fanchants. I think for the Bosnian National team this is a BIG plus and a real pushup on the field, as if they would play at Kosevo. And everyone knows that.

Thanks

Ok, I may be asking alot of them, but technology as it is today, they can certainly try and do a good job on the demo, and ask for the game they can try and make a good job of the first release. I know it's a complex game, but they have testers, and every other type of person working on this to make it a classic. I know it won't be perfect, but I expect a better job than that of FM2009!!!

That I agree with :) Both FM09 and 08 were pretty poor upon release. Third time lucky?

Hi

one question to SI creater. Can you change the Stadium on which the Bosnian National Team play? Because, it is not more Kosevo in Sarajevo, but Bilino Polje in Zenica. It is since 2 years, and the thing is: the pitch is near the fans, like old english Stadium, where the players on the pitch are surrounded from fans screaming and fanchants. I think for the Bosnian National team this is a BIG plus and a real pushup on the field, as if they would play at Kosevo. And everyone knows that.

Thanks

They'll probably change this for FM10, I'd be surprised if they didn't. :thup:

Archived