Changing the FM15 tactics screen

Sharrow

Curious if anyone's looked at the tactics screen yet, specifically the pitch layout?

I can get the role and duty to show up again, but have had no luck with morale, fitness, or anything else from FM14. (This is the first time I've ever looked at the editing tools though, so it could simply be my lack of knowledge.)

Anyway, here's a simple tweak for role and duty which I'm finding makes it much easier to read. Drop into

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\panels

or

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins\<skin>\panels

(You may have to create the panels folder yourself if it doesn't exist.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/isp2ugwmfleh9xl/tactics%20icon%20info%20panel.xml?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0jbiuekogntlzr/match%20preview%20lineups%20panel.xml?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yg4u2kygeg1velv/opposition%20pitch%20tactics%20component.xml?dl=1

lebUTbp.png?1

Would some kind person please sort this out :)

I think the OP just did...?

Also....OP: any way for this not to show up on my opponent's tactics in the match buildup sequence? Feels kinda like cheating to see what roles he's given his players. Can always try not to look, but I still catch a glimpse now n then

Anybody any good with this kind of thing help out? I didn't have the first file location above, and the second I found but the only file in the skins folder was 'config' some kind of HTML file. I also, for some strange reason this year and last have two Sports Interactive folders in My Documents, for some reason the game seems split across these and the Steam folder. I have tried to take the 'panels' folder from last years yet still the positions aren't appearing on tactics screen for me. Thanks kindly for help

Curious if anyone's looked at the tactics screen yet, specifically the pitch layout?

I can get the role and duty to show up again, but have had no luck with morale, fitness, or anything else from FM14. (This is the first time I've ever looked at the editing tools though, so it could simply be my lack of knowledge.)

Anyway, here's a simple tweak for role and duty which I'm finding makes it much easier to read. Drop into

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\panels

or

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins\<skin>\panels

https://www.dropbox.com/s/isp2ugwmfleh9xl/tactics icon info panel.xml?dl=1

lebUTbp.png?1

Great work, Sharrow. It's subtle and fits the aesthetic beautifully. Excellent addition.

Sorry guys, complete novice never done anything like this before. Can't find either of Sharrows 'panel' locations. I've downloaded the digital game from Steam and using the default dark skin. Could someone give me the idiots guide, step-by-step. Many thanks

Go to Sports Interactive/FM15 folder in documents, then create a new folder named "panels" and then put the file in there. Then reload the skin box in preferences in the game itself, with tick in the box. Should work.

Go to Sports Interactive/FM15 folder in documents, then create a new folder named "panels" and then put the file in there. Then reload the skin box in preferences in the game itself, with tick in the box. Should work.

Did all of that but no luck

Download the base skin and install that then add this to the panels directory.

Switch to the bask skin and it should work.

ok thanks...

... what is the base skin and where do I find that? (yeah I'm THAT noobish)

The very first sticky thread in the skinning forum. Those of you that can't get this file to work, you probably will if you install and use either the Base skin or any of the custom skins available. Put the file into the "panels" folder of whatever skin you want to use. All of your skins if you want. Some skins may already have a similar code or xml. file included.

The very first sticky thread in the skinning forum. Those of you that can't get this file to work, you probably will if you install and use either the Base skin or any of the custom skins available. Put the file into the "panels" folder of whatever skin you want to use. All of your skins if you want. Some skins may already have a similar code or xml. file included.

ok thanks, please bear with me...

I downloaded the dark base skin and placed it in the skins folder. Now I have to put the tactic panel file into that base skin folder? I can't see any 'panel' folder, do I have to create that inside the base skin folder?

Yes. Stay in the default skin, make a "panels" folder inside the "base_dark2015" folder, put the xml. file inside that. Go to Preferences - Interface, untick "Use caching ...", tick "Reload skin ...", choose "Dark Base Skin 2015" from the dropdown menu, press confirm. After that (having verified that your tactics icons now has the added info) you can go back to preferences and tick "Use caching ..." and untick "Reload skin ..." again.

The reason you're using the Base skin for this sort of thing, (which is exactly the same as the default skin) is to avoid messing up with the default skin (who's folders you won't find in "documents" anyway).

Yes. Stay in the default skin, make a "panels" folder inside the "base_dark2015" folder, put the xml. file inside that. Go to Preferences - Interface, untick "Use caching ...", tick "Reload skin ...", choose "Dark Base Skin 2015" from the dropdown menu, press confirm. After that (having verified that your tactics icons now has the added info) you can go back to preferences and tick "Use caching ..." and untick "Reload skin ..." again.

The reason you're using the Base skin for this sort of thing, (which is exactly the same as the default skin) is to avoid messing up with the default skin (who's folders you won't find in "documents" anyway).

finally got this to work! didn't untick the 'use caching...' box though, simply selected dark base as a skin in preferences main page.

thanks a lot for taking time helping me, tactics screen looks much better now

any way for this not to show up on my opponent's tactics in the match buildup sequence? Feels kinda like cheating to see what roles he's given his players. Can always try not to look, but I still catch a glimpse now n then

I didn't have much look creating a panel specifically for the tactics page (without affecting the opposition view), but did find a way to hide it. Bit of a hack, but the opposition view has the option to display the team name, which luckily appears in the same spot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0jbiuekogntlzr/match%20preview%20lineups%20panel.xml?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yg4u2kygeg1velv/opposition%20pitch%20tactics%20component.xml?dl=1

zDFOitj.png

Can I share the file at FManager Brasil (accrediting to you, of course)?

Sure, no problem.

Sharrow, it good to see someone who hated the new tatics screen. The old one was very better. I intend to learn about the editing to work on that. But here are some suggestions for you once you already know how to do it:

- All those colors under the names don't represent anything, but the region of the pitch and that information is easily seen in that mini-pitch. My suggestion is change it according the duty (attack, support, defend), just three colors. It would be more useful.

- The postion is a information that you can see according the region of the pitch too. Then under the name, you could place the fitness/morale/task (raumdeuter, attacking midfielder, etc).

Keep it up.

• 4 months later...

Apologies for re opening this thread.

I just got this to work on FMC but the writing is in black, and i'd prefer it in white. The XML is colour = "title" or "match text". Any idea what to do to switch it white?

Cheers

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I think the problem may be some missing files in the graphics folder. Can any one help ?

did you try both versions of the files? the is one in the OP and another link to new ones a few posts above this..

• 1 month later...

Archived