Why do you want to use a FMC/FMT Editor?

Upon reading this quote from Lucas in another thread, got me thinking of thread for this purpose. Instead of focusing on not having the FMC Editor, we tell why we want a an FMC editor.

Rather than be negative about the reality of the situation - and no, we are not out to get you - tell us why you want to use the Editor, what you would use it for and what is most useful, from an FMC perspective. FMC has a different roadmap to FM's that is much more gradual because the game is more streamlined.

I for one I would do:

-proper World club cup in a World Cup style.

-Brittish Leagues using the english ones

-USA fantasy leagues with Promotion and relegation

-Iberian cup

-or Cup Winners Cup

Just to name a few of the things I want to do with FMC.

So why do you want to use an FMC editor?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just posted in other thread but yes this seems a better place for my comments on an editor, probably quite different to most:

Main thing id want from an "editor" is to go to the extreme and have a game world where all players were free agents and each team given same amount of money I dunno 500 mil and there you go buy who you like and see how it all unfolds.

Dream game that would be for me say take any prem club knowing all conditions were the same and see if AI's version of Burnley could just as easy finish above the likes of Man City if their players are chosen more wisely.

Yes its a bit complex at how you put what players where at the beginning but anyway yes all literally fantasy I'm sure.

I just want to be able to use custom league files, so I can play in lower leagues than the Conference N/S in England, and play in countries that aren't available out of the box.

This applies to me also.

I just want to be able to use custom league files, so I can play in lower leagues than the Conference N/S in England, and play in countries that aren't available out of the box.

Dito. Especially countries. And adjust some minor annoyances for me, as ticket prices, transfer values et cetera.

Main thing id want from an "editor" is to go to the extreme and have a game world where all players were free agents and each team given same amount of money I dunno 500 mil and there you go buy who you like and see how it all unfolds.

Dream game that would be for me say take any prem club knowing all conditions were the same and see if AI's version of Burnley could just as easy finish above the likes of Man City if their players are chosen more wisely.

Yes its a bit complex at how you put what players where at the beginning but anyway yes all literally fantasy I'm sure.

That sounds like an interesting project.

Customise leagues to get lower levels in.

Ability to change kits. Same kits year in year out gets boring over a twenty year career. I like tweaking the kits of the league I am in every couple of years. This is also important for when you get kit colour clashes not being recognised correctly by the game and you get blues vs blues etc or your team playing in it's away strip at home as there are insufficient kits selected for the other team.

I also remeber something, why I use the editor.

I like to create what football should be about and not what football is about.

Meaning, I would like to mass edit, all leagues to add salary cap in all leagues and have maximum for transfers set in 60 million for example. Or had limit of foreigners in a league that kind of stuff.

This more request feature, but I also I would like to set by regions instead of choosing the north, east, west and south boundaries.

I am one of the few who does not want one. I am glad there is not one. I am grateful for a game mode that one must play well to succeed at rather than just using edits. Let's face it, 90% of users use an editor to cheat and then they post their table winning teams like they've actually accomplished something. The steam leader boards have been rendered a joke because of this. I know most do not care about those leader boards and my opinion will be extremely unpopular but this is it and everyone should be entitled to one in this discussion.

Custom league files (lower divisions) and to be able to update the database other than the Feb database release from SI.

I don't care at all about leaders tables, steam achievements, etc and if you want to avoid "cheaters" editing their game to be easier and climb the ladders (how sad must be their life) then make the editor optional and conditional, like if you enable the game editor, your can't earn achievements or appear in the leader tables as it's done in every online game.

Do not penalise us, old veteran FM players with family and work that play FMC for those reasons, because the "sad" guys that feel better leading a game scoring table even after cheating their way up.

Yeah but let's be honest here, the majority of users will use to cheat. It is just a fact.

It's just because he said about making West Ham a powerhouse, I'm a Spurs fan.

I don't really mind, I would like it to have an editor (for lower leagues and countries not currently available and to set up my own club), I have no interest in the leaderboards anyway and maybe they could do it so that any game that has used editor won't count on them.

FMC already has cheats available anyway.

It isn't, the reason is that it would require a separate editor to be created and that's quite a lot of time and resources, it might well happen given the number of requests for it.

Also incredible as it may sound to you companies are required to make a profit, so if DLC is another way to do it, so what exactly? They're entirely optional and you can play full fat if you don't want to see them.

• Administrators
What I'd *really* like is for SI to admit that monetisation is the ONLY reason why there isn't an editor feature for FMC. So I'd like one because I can't fathom the greediness on show.

Then we'd be lying.

Well i would love the editor in FMC for the fun basicly... I like to add billions to lower league teams and upgrade their facilitys so they become stronger in their current league. I play as Tottenham and currently in 2019 and in Europa league / Champions league i see the same teams every year. I would like to see more amatuer clubs getting in these cups. I know it takes ages for a 4-5 division club will be able to get into first division and a good enough finish to enter the international football turnaments but i play only one save untill FM2016 so i got enough time.. And this is a game, if you dont want to use the cheat because you care for the leaderboards or just want a more realistic game mode, just dont buy it. And SI can disable the leaderboards for the managers there used the Editor anyway so there isnt a problem here i belive.

But the editor will be awesome for a lots of things, custom teams, custom leagues and what ever.. And would be amazing fun to find the "best" 1000 players in FM15 and tranfers them for free to a entire division 5 in England so this button league become the best league in the world..

And of course you guys SI will earn a hole loads more moeny.. ;)

Yeah but let's be honest here, the majority of users will use to cheat. It is just a fact.

Yes and so what.. its a game, you play it to have a good time. If you want the editor to have the most fun why not :)?

regards

Exactly so, each to his own.

And we gotta remember its still a single player games.. I know there is an online part but i have never used it and i dont think its so popular.. I would guess its mostly used for lan but my point is there could be a setting when you setup the game if you can use the editor or not and ofc not show in the leaderboards.

Maybe a limited version of the editor so you can't ruin your friends squad before you meet him :)

There won't be an editor for FMC while they are charging £4.99 for £50m or £2.99 to become unsackable.

That's not the reason, an editor doesn't preclude DLC, but it would have to be a stand alone editor so would involve significant resources especially initially.

I'm certainly not ruling it out for the future.

That's not the reason, an editor doesn't preclude DLC, but it would have to be a stand alone editor so would involve significant resources especially initially.

It's not totally right. When Classic first came out there were a work around to load edited databases from pre-game editor. It worked pretty well until blocked by SI.

That said, no reason to block edited DB on Classic other than sell DLC.

It's not totally right. When Classic first came out there were a work around to load edited databases from pre-game editor. It worked pretty well until blocked by SI.

That's the case but if they decide to have an editor they'll make it possible, there's no reason to do any extra work making it so until they do.

• Administrators

Covered this a few times already - stop with the mistruths, thanks

Isn't this going off-topic?!

If it meant time being invested in creating an editor exclusively for FMC or having the game fine-tuned and extras added, then I would personally prefer the latter.

Would also really love an option to tick 'do not show again' downloadable items within the game.

Covered this a few times already - stop with the mistruths, thanks

A (few) link(s) to such coverage would be great to enlighten the casual reader, as in people who haven't been part of the community for years, yet are certainly among the FMC target audience.

As a bonus, if there's still need to discuss any of it, it would also redirect the conversation to the appropriate place (assuming threads aren't locked).

A (few) link(s) to such coverage would be great to enlighten the casual reader, as in people who haven't been part of the community for years, yet are certainly among the FMC target audience.

All such stuff is on fan sites not here, so Google is your friend or you might find some links in the Editors Hideaway.

• Administrators

As a bonus, if there's still need to discuss any of it, it would also redirect the conversation to the appropriate place (assuming threads aren't locked).

Certainly, it was more the tone I was responding to. There is the search function (and Google) at your disposal. :)

I suppose if there was an editor in the future it could just be another unlockable - you either buy it or earn it through achievements in game.

I doubt i'd use it personally, occasionally in the past in FM i have created friends and myself as out of contract players to see what happens, but nothing more. I'm one of those that prefer the challenge of managing in lower leagues and not having lots of money!

Same for me

I suppose if there was an editor in the future it could just be another unlockable - you either buy it or earn it through achievements in game.

I doubt i'd use it personally, occasionally in the past in FM i have created friends and myself as out of contract players to see what happens, but nothing more. I'm one of those that prefer the challenge of managing in lower leagues and not having lots of money!

The Editor is not just about having lots of money, but is also about the ability to provide extra difficulty, by adding for example extra tiers in the English leagues or playing in small nation that isn't available with the game. or a fantasy league, like World League, for example.

I want an editor to unlock the editable leagues. Lots of money , yes I want that, but by merit, not be adding extra cash with the editor.

I do not believe that the lack of editor is due to protecting DLC personally and I wouodn't really care if it was, I enjoy buying the DLC and supporting a game I constantly put over 1,000 hours into each year but it does beg a question... if it is not about the DLC then why was FMRTE instructed not to allow editing of FMC because it negates DLC? This is the reason stated on their forums.

if it is not about the DLC then why was FMRTE instructed not to allow editing of FMC because it negates DLC? This is the reason stated on their forums.

An excellent point. FMRTE do not have to kowtow to the SI party line and therefore you get the other side of the story. With knowledge of both sides of the story the situation becomes clear!

Why does a thread which was instigated by SI to gain better understanding of the reasoning behind the desire for an Editor, have to descend into a series of suppositions that cannot possibly be corroborated?

Please keep things on track and use the thread as it is intended; state why you use the editor - SI clearly want to better understand the needs of the user base here, potentially with a view to including it in a future version. There's just no need for needless sniping.

I was about to post the same thing, RTH.

I've never used an editor before, but if I ever did, it would be to activate more leagues. Even add leagues made by the community perhaps.

Part of the reason I've never even tried to do this in full FM, is that I don't have a clue how to go about doing this! With that in mind, it would be great if the editor could streamline that process, if it isn't already, in true FMC style.

FMC (to me) means streamlining certain things. An editor should be no different.

• Administrators

Just to underline this, if this thread is going to stay open, then please discuss an 'FMC editor'. For purposes of this discussion, there's really no place for FMRTE, it's nothing to do with me, FMC or SI and if you want to speculate then do that all you want on their forums - not here, thanks.

Back on topic, some interesting points particularly regarding usability of the editor also. Keep it coming :)

Please, speak for yourself. I like to use the extended team names e.g. Manchester Utd, Hull City, et cetera.

You can do that already with a .lnc file. However you would lose the nicknames (i will post that in general feedback).

Archived