Why do you want to use a FMC/FMT Editor?

I'd rather not have an editor function in FMC. I like the fact you play this streamlined version of the game the way it's meant to be without any interference.

I don't have a problem with anyone using editors per se, it's their choice after all, but what irks me is when 'bugs' are reported and SI take up time investigating them when it's nothing more than a butterfly effect of stupid changes people have made with editing. That's really my only gripe.

It's a bit silly to accuse people of only wanting an editor in FMC to cheat, when all the unlockables are in this game mode - something else I think we could do without - it cheapens the game IMO.

I think the only thing I'd ever use an editor for is the only thing I've ever used an editor for in the main game. To make small data changes to the club I support so that the data is 100% correct. There's usually something amiss being a small Scottish league side, so it can be nice to just tweak it so it's perfect. Oh, and I suppose to add in other leagues might be handy too.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would:

-correct player/staff data for my favourite teams

-update transfers and teams for Sweden (these always need updating since the Swedish off-season/transfer window begins when FM is released)

-create fantasy teams/leagues

-insert a fantasy player, like a son to a manager son or a club legend

-build new, future stadiums

-add local media

-create a women's team/league (only works for a season or two, because of the regens, but still...)

Until now, I've always played the full version, but with FM 2015 I played a couple of challenges in FMC and noticed that I liked the speed of the game (I have a tired, six-year-old computer) and that I didn't miss that much of the stuff that wasn't included. Especially not team talks, press conferences etc, which are features that I liked when they were first introduced, but which got boring and repetitive very quickly. The one thing I DO miss is the editor.

I would:

-correct player/staff data for my favourite teams

-update transfers and teams for Sweden (these always need updating since the Swedish off-season/transfer window begins when FM is released)

-create fantasy teams/leagues

-insert a fantasy player, like a son to a manager son or a club legend

-build new, future stadiums

-add local media

-create a women's team/league (only works for a season or two, because of the regens, but still...)

Until now, I've always played the full version, but with FM 2015 I played a couple of challenges in FMC and noticed that I liked the speed of the game (I have a tired, six-year-old computer) and that I didn't miss that much of the stuff that wasn't included. Especially not team talks, press conferences etc, which are features that I liked when they were first introduced, but which got boring and repetitive very quickly. The one thing I DO miss is the editor.

Agreed. I sometimes also put in a fantasy player at young age at my favourite team and then let the game simulate his career and try to imitate that career as manager in a new game. It always brings me to random and interesting places to manage :)

Hi folks,

the last copy of fm i played was 12.Normally i play as Rangers and have edited/created a league system where we had 4 leagues of 16, playing twice a season, etc. Am i right in thinking that i couls only play that league in the full version and not the classic version?

FMC is bordering on genius anyway, I wouldn't change that much.

That said I would like a disable all unlockables feature when you load a save, some of them make the game feel a little gimmicky, when actually I don't believe that to be the case at all.

An editor is here nor there for me, actually the only time I would personally use it is to modify my team in August / Sept of the new season when transfers are done, to tide me over until November and the next release.

I see a lot of people wanting to create custom scenarios and add additional leagues in, wouldn't it be possible for SI to release some different database options (either free or nominally charged) to create these.

I'd probably pay for a few of these custom scenarios before the next version is released.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to play with custom leagues people have made. Classic allows me to do this more rapidly. This is my main desire.

For convenience/realism:

I'd edit my player's appearances to make them a bit more distinct. I'd edit my older players to give them grey hair, or make them bald. They have earned it.

Also, I would like to mix up the uniforms from year to year. I know this is not allowed, but when I play many seasons with one team, I would like to mix it up a bit.

I also want to add that i like to try different leagues, smaller leagues and that there are some glaring errors and bugs. From wrong league dates in Indonesia which means to have almost a game every 2 days for 6 month to lack of transfer activity in Iceland. And guess where it is really a problem, Yes in the mode where changes to the database are impossible. If not an editor yet, i need at least more love for smaller leagues if they are in the game to begin with...

• 3 weeks later...

Would use a FMC editor to:

- change player data (like to see different youth prospects in different games. Also like to correct some player stats across major leagues)

- custom leagues

Bit disappointed since I only play FMC and have no way of editing. I also have no intent of playing online if that makes a difference.

I would use an FMC editor to create a USA league with promotion/relegation, add my own city to Major League Soccer, and create a worldwide Premier League. A worldwide Premier League is unworkable in reality, but I would love to create one in FMC. London, New York, Berlin, Manila, etc etc... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I love having the ability to edit in games. This is a fantasy world we all create, and sometimes I want to tweak that world just a little bit to the way I want it rather than the way it was mass produced. Example: I will play a save under the conceit that I won the lottery and purchased a club. That requires some editing to make it look right.

• 1 month later...

Really great replies on here. Keept them coming.

One of the reasons I like the general editor is the possibility of making a fantasy world, where the status quo doesn't exist.

One of the things the regular editor hasn't got is a way to implement a set of rules that affect all the leagues around the world. Set simply one set of transfer windows for the entire world, or making a rule that all leagues play from August to May, or why not go crazy and make February to December or even crazier, play from may until march for example.

FMC, is snappy quick mode and fun for a lot of people where time is limited or doesn't bother with some features of full game mode. I feel that no editor in FMC, doesn't bring the possibility to explore those fantasy worlds, but limit the users which leagues want to play, since the leagues of a lot of countries are not available. That is why I think it is an essential feature for FMC.

I would love to have (and would pay to have) both an FCM In-game editor and a league editor.

In-Game editor to change kit colors and jersey to a save game.

League editor to edit MLS, change the number of games from 34 to 28, change playoff rounds to 1 leg (higher seed at home) and also add in promotion/relegation.

Why would you not want to use an editor is the question now, yes maybe like first game you take your own team and see what you can do etc etc but that's about it for me. There is only one way to keep FM© interesting now and that is to take real life players but spread them around a bit which would just make a fascinating game world.

I mean fantasy leagues seem to be more popular and there's the obvious Ultimate Team on fifa so really this has to be put into FM series.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to create a football world "the way it should be" instead of "the way it is". Customisation / personalisation of a game is top priority.

1 - Customised leagues. I play the Scottish leagues. I like to make Leagues of 20 instead of the repetitiveness of playing teams 4 times a season in leagues of 12/10.

2 - Real name fixes. For example, UEFA Champions League. We should be able to edit club names and competition names.

3 - Legends Database. I like to create new players and add them as youth wonderkids. Pele, Zidane, Maradona. Perhaps allow us to overwrite existing players. I have a list of 1,000 retired players I'd love to be able to add.

4 - Kit Editor. If we could alter team kits, just small details like this add to the longevity of a save game.

5 - Custom Competitions. I'd like to be able to create (a) a 32-team world club cup tournament played every June; (b) Scottish community shield in Aug; © reinstate UEFA Cup Winners Cup.

6 - Custom Game Skins

Of the above six, by far the one thing I'd love to be able to do in FMC: be able to add retired football legends as youth wonderkids and assign them to any club of my choosing. Imagine Maradona, aged 16, at Napoli. Or Pele, aged 17, at Santos. Or Wayne Biggins, 18, at Celtic. :D

I have been playing Football Manager for many years, but now have a full time job and a family. The full FM game has become far too in-depth and slow for me, with too many boring, repetitive features (press conferences, team talks, slowness when "continue" is pressed). When I play FM, I like scouting, training, picking the team, tactics, developing players, the transfer market features. FMC is quick and fun. FMC is a fantastic idea to engage fans who don't have the time to dedicate to the full game any more.

I like on FMC that I can speed through a full season in one evening.

I'd also maybe like control over the FMC database. For example, let me decide which players to load into a new game. So, if i create a 1000 player legends database, I want all 1000 players to be able to be loaded into the game, whichever team I choose to manage.

FMC is absolutely fantastic; but an editor is needed to give gameplay enough longevity to tempt me to spend money on each year's version. An FMC editor needn't be comprehensive; but keep in mind that customisation / personalisation is a major selling point for many gamers.

Edit: I'd also like to be able to create new clubs, perhaps by overwriting existing clubs. For example, I could overwrite East Stirling (the emperor of diddy teams) and replace them with a fantasy club such as John O'Groats Thistle or something, with new club colours, kits, stadium, basic finances.

I like to create a football world "the way it should be" instead of "the way it is". Customisation / personalisation of a game is top priority.

I agree with this statement and that is why I like the editor and it my opinion that it essential to bring it to FMC.

If you change the chairman and playing staff names/attributes in the game editor is this reflected in FM classic?

No, edits don't apply to FMC.

Not sure why my post was deleted but I am in favour of an Editor in FMC so we have the ability to right wrongs when it comes to things like hard coded transfers of players that never actually happen IRL!!! Eg Winston Reid leaving West Ham on a free at the end of season one.

As I'm sure you are aware, this specific issue has had an official response. SI are not psychic:

At the time of data lock for the update, and indeed for a couple of weeks afterwards, there was much debate about Reid's contract situation, as you well know. It was expected that he would not re-sign, and leave at the end of his contract, so that is how he appears in the update.

He then signed his new deal weeks after the data lock for the update. We are sorry for not predicting this apparent change of mind in advance.

You can fix this "shocking piece of programming" (it was not programming of any sort, it was data) by deleting the 'will leave at end of contract' clause in the player's profile in the editor.

Note to Sussex Hammer. We appreciate your input, which is usually very informative, helpful and posted with respect. Please desist in throwing insults around in future.

As I'm sure you are aware, this specific issue has had an official response. SI are not psychic:

I have seen the response and apologised for my original tone. I agree that SI aren't psychic which is why the decision to predict anyway was quite confusing to understand.

Hence why I think an editor in FMC would be a good idea.

I think there have been a lot of great cases made for why an editor would be nice, and mine are very similar. I primarily would be interested in being able to play non-standard leagues (England below Conference N/S for example). One of my favorite things to do though, is grab a low level club and give them a Foreground sugar daddy, and then try to keep up with them on the way up the leagues.

I want to use a pre-game editor so that I can change certain options like for example add loan recalls to youth players on loan so if they are not being used and can get them back and send them out to where they will play or update transfers/staff, not looking for an in game editor nor should their be one imo for classic.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like the editor so I can edit the injury proneness for my players - I swear they never used to get this injured in early cm days - so I like to lower the values of any who have above 7 ish.

It's still the only reason I play the full game over classic - would love to play classic instead as I don't have the time I used to

• 3 weeks later...

I love using the editor to insert myself into the game and change the names (not stats) of backroom staff to that of family and friends. I don't have an interest in online leaderboards and such, I play the game for my own amusement and to live out my football fantasies. It's always a proud moment when you win your first England cap!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had fun playing Oceania Leagues in FM 2015. Wish I can play them in Classic Mode.

So I just want an editor to play some obscure leagues. Or get the real name fix and kit change for obscure teams.

I know it's not related to the question, but I have a question. When Classic Mode was first released, due to a bug, edited files can be played in the Classic Mode. So is there any necessity to create an all new editor just for Classic Mode?

• Administrators

As stated elsewhere (plus I think in this thread, many times): Classic Mode uses a different database and different competitions than what is currently available in the editor, and also has compatibility with the Classic game available on other platforms (ie. Vita). So yes there is a necessity, it's not as simple as flicking a switch.

As stated elsewhere (plus I think in this thread, many times): Classic Mode uses a different database and different competitions than what is currently available in the editor, and also has compatibility with the Classic game available on other platforms (ie. Vita). So yes there is a necessity, it's not as simple as flicking a switch.

Well you could do before. You could have transferred your editor data into classic until SI blocked it.

Just admit that editing in Classic mode makes SI money and will never change.

I feel another ban

• Administrators

Seeing as you can't edit in the Classic version of the game I fail to see how this is making money as you claim :confused:

You've already been banned once for failing to read and follow the house rules and you're not even reading/listening to anything that's been said, just making things up. Please consider your posts, won't ask again.

We're very much looking for feedback in this thread for further consideration. If you're just coming into the thread to make swipes please take it somewhere else before I have to close the thread and ruin it for everybody else.

The main reason is I'd like to update the database in terms of players real life transfers between clubs and promotion/relegations updates.

I play on my iPad and it's a bit of a shame that (if the release is similar to FMC15), I'm going to have to wait until next year to play with updated leagues and teams.

Juts thought I would add comment. Love FMC and probably wouldn't go back to the full fat game now, however at this time of year I like to start a new game with an edited database with real life new signings. In FMC new West Ham signings Angelo Ogbonna and Pedro Obiang aren't in the database hence why I would like an editor so I can add players who aren't in the game.

Juts thought I would add comment. Love FMC and probably wouldn't go back to the full fat game now, however at this time of year I like to start a new game with an edited database with real life new signings. In FMC new West Ham signings Angelo Ogbonna and Pedro Obiang aren't in the database hence why I would like an editor so I can add players who aren't in the game.

What do you mean not in the game? They're both definitely in the game if you have the right leagues loaded.

What do you mean not in the game? They're both definitely in the game if you have the right leagues loaded.

I think he means that he wants to be able to move then so they are at West Ham, rather than their "current" clubs in the FM database. There is a clumsy workaround as I wanted to reflect the Southampton transfers in a save on FMC. I just took over the relevant clubs and moved out the likes of Schneiderlin and Clyne to Man U and Liverpool for the reported fees, and moved in Clasie, Cedric, van Dijk etc. for their reported fees. Downside is losing the real-life managers at the affected clubs though, but I'm not fussed about that!

I think he means that he wants to be able to move then so they are at West Ham, rather than their "current" clubs in the FM database. There is a clumsy workaround as I wanted to reflect the Southampton transfers in a save on FMC. I just took over the relevant clubs and moved out the likes of Schneiderlin and Clyne to Man U and Liverpool for the reported fees, and moved in Clasie, Cedric, van Dijk etc. for their reported fees. Downside is losing the real-life managers at the affected clubs though, but I'm not fussed about that!

That's what I thought at first, but the rest of his post makes me unsure.

Tbh, I don't think it's worth all the hassle to set up in FMC as is. If I want to use accurate squads it's a bit pointless as you can't lock the summer window. In Southampton's specific case, I have a feeling van Dijk will be underrated and probably boosted in FM16, anyway.

On the flip side, I would really like to take a crack at Man Utd now though, with that completely dismantled squad. Especially since I got bored with Lazio, and can't find something else to do.

You are indeed correct, I hadn't even thought about that. I usually just play the EPL for speed purposes and both players weren't in their respective squads in the Italian League unless as you say you load up that League. No idea if I could sign them though!!

A more apt example would be say Reece Oxford as he is not in the game at all as far as I can see.

You are indeed correct, I hadn't even thought about that. I usually just play the EPL for speed purposes and both players weren't in their respective squads in the Italian League unless as you say you load up that League. No idea if I could sign them though!!

A more apt example would be say Reece Oxford as he is not in the game at all as far as I can see.

Reece Oxford was too young, due to child protection laws to be included in the game. He should be a wonderkid next year.

Remember they had to get special permission from Martin Odegaard's dad so he could be included.

Archived