Excellent Parent Club

I am managing St Albans in the Blue Square South league and a few days ago I requested a new parent club (feeders are useless for me) from my board, today they returned with 3 recommendations which to my absolute suprise included Wigan from the Premier League, so I signed with them and now I have 2 under 18 players loaned out to me that put everyone in my current squad to shame, and on top of this they are going to pay me an annual fee of 14k which I know isnt much but for BSS team any money is great. I consider this a fantastic day in my FM09 Career and for my club.

Has anyone else managed to get a Premier League team as a parent club in the lower leagues and then have them send some hot talent to you which makes your team look like the part timers they actually are?

I am managing St Albans in the Blue Square South league and a few days ago I requested a new parent club (feeders are useless for me) from my board, today they returned with 3 recommendations which to my absolute suprise included Wigan from the Premier League, so I signed with them and now I have 2 under 18 players loaned out to me that put everyone in my current squad to shame, and on top of this they are going to pay me an annual fee of 14k which I know isnt much but for BSS team any money is great. I consider this a fantastic day in my FM09 Career and for my club.

Has anyone else managed to get a Premier League team as a parent club in the lower leagues and then have them send some hot talent to you which makes your team look like the part timers they actually are?

Yes, and perhaps I got the best of the lot. I got Arsenal when I was managing Gillingham, they sent me Merida, Gibbs and Murphy. I had a choice between Arsenal, Chelsea and Birmingham IIRC so I had a brilliant choice.

I am Blyth and got middlesborough as my parent team, they sent across a good dc/dcm/mc very useful indeed and the best bit was after the season long loan they released him and he came to me full time :)

In the second season (after promotion) they sent me nathan porritt, thing is he can't get a game cos my other players are too good :)

Yes, and perhaps I got the best of the lot. I got Arsenal when I was managing Gillingham, they sent me Merida, Gibbs and Murphy. I had a choice between Arsenal, Chelsea and Birmingham IIRC so I had a brilliant choice.

Playing as Birmingham City in the Championship, I got offered Arsenal as a parent club which was great :thup:

I'm Luton & i've got Chelsea. I've got Kakluta (spelling?) and Modubi on loan. Quality players for League 2

Kakuta ;), I saw him play when Chelsea U18's played Villa U18's in the FA Youth Cup semi-final a couple of years ago and he was amazing. He'll be the next big thing, watch out for him, Gael Kauta, he's easily as fast as Gabby or Walcott aswell.

Playing as Birmingham City in the Championship, I got offered Arsenal as a parent club which was great :thup:

With Ipswich got the choice between Chelsea and Arsenal. Took Arsenal, but they wouldn't let Bendtner and Vela go (understandable) and Song refused to join my team. They sent me Rhys Murphy.. great, moved from their reserves into mine lol

St Albans are my supported and hometown team (as my name suggests) and when i asked for a parent club with them i got Chelsea. Midfielder Ricardo Fernandes joined me, scored twice in two games, but I quit that game as I'm getting a new PC on Thursday that's gonna run FM perfeclty, not slow and unavailable 3D like my current piece of junk. Even 2D is unplayable - can't wait!!!

I was Hyde and my first parent club was Man City which was nice. After they loaned me a rubbish player, I thought I'd look for another good club and to my surprise got ... Man Utd. Got some quality players from them too.

In FM2008 as Aldershot i got a choice of Reading, West Ham, Spurs and Birmingham

I thought this was a brilliant choice to choose from. I was so tempted to pick Reading as they are the club i support irl but i opted for Spurs and i gto a few good loanees most notable being Keiran Mckenna in my 1st season. When i evantually got up to the championship they sent me a striker (he was a Fred) and he got 34 goals in 43 league games. His value went up from £1.7m to something like £5.7m

• 2 months later...

Im currently Kidderminster Harriers & Ive got Coventry as my parent club they only sent me Ben Turner but I was wondering if I cancel them as my parent club is there chance of me getting different choices as parent clubs cos the only options I got were Coventry & Walsall, also is it possible to have two parent clubs.

In my FC United game, i got Blackburn as a feeder club in the BSN. The next season and season after they sent me Michael Potts on loan. He ripped up the division and got me promoted into League 2. I rejected the offer of having Man Utd instead but rejected it because i wanted to keep Potts. He is a legend at FCUM now and rightly so. 103 games and 80 goals. The guy is a genuis :D

I managed to get Man City my first season that I moved to Hartlepool. I thought that was pretty good, but Man City reserves tended to be full of players over 24 on massive wages that wouldn't consider coming on loan, so I asked again in the second season and got Liverpool this time.

I think that Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea are by far the best clubs as they tend to have a lot youth available for loan even in long term games. I've found that other Premier League teams very often have very small reserves and few decent youngsters in the long term.

i had the choice between Man City and United for Nottingham Forest

i took Man City purely because they go wild and sign all sorts of players, so their reserve team gets packed with quality

in the first season i was loaned Ched Evans, Darius Vassel and Michael Ball

second season i've been given Benjani and Kelvin Etuhu, while also signing Michael Ball and Glauber on a free.

In my AFC Wimbledon save I got the choice of Arsenal or Chelsea, first season. That was pretty sick, tbh, picked Arsenal and they sent me players with which I dominated BSS. The best chance of getting a top club is if you have geographical proximity to them, so a small club from London or near Manchester/Liverpool has a much higher chance of getting a top club.

With Altrincham I already had Man Utd as a Parent, but only for friendlies. I cancelled that, asked for another parent and got Man Utd back with the full package - player loans, annual fee, friendly, first option to buy (for United)...

I got James Chester & Sam Hewson in my first season in the BSP. Now I'm in League 2, I re-signed James Chester with ease after United released him. He had Altrincham as a favoured club and me as favoured personnel after the loan season. Re-signed Sam Hewson on loan and also got Tom Cleverley and Fabio on loan.

Other fringe benefits of the parent clubs can be the ease of signing players they release, especially if they're "friends" with players you've got on loan or have already signed. Literally half of my squad is now either on loan from United or ex-United youngsters. Needless to say, they've all gelled very quickly and adapted to my United-esque tactics like ducks to water.

Somehow I ended up with Palermo as Berwick(Scottish D3). Not kidding, both the Dc they sent has higher attributes than the rest of of my squad put together. They also sent me a quality DL and ST. I'm walking the division, as none of the other teams can even hope to have a player a quarter as good as these guys. I feel kinda guilty tbh.

Somehow I ended up with Palermo as Berwick(Scottish D3). Not kidding, both the Dc they sent has higher attributes than the rest of of my squad put together. They also sent me a quality DL and ST. I'm walking the division, as none of the other teams can even hope to have a player a quarter as good as these guys. I feel kinda guilty tbh.

Dont feel guilty, just make sure you have them again next season, you will need them:thup:

As i usually play as Cheltenham, i often get Villa as a Parent, pure luxury for me, I have 4 of their best youngsters in my team and i have one in each area of the pitch, and one on the bench.

They are performing fantastically, if the rest of the team pulled their weight we could be challenging for a play-off place.

I'm Bradford PA in BSP and I can't get a parent club for the life of me

Same as mate.Playing as Northampton,just comeing up to the end of my 2nd season,now in the championship,and every time i ask for a parent club the chairman replys that he doesnt feel the need for a parent club.Annoying realy as i only have a small squad with very little money,i have to loan players in anyway,so it would be ideal to have one.

Archived