Che Guevara solved?

Assuming Che Guevera is taken to represent Revolution, then simply google "Revolution3D". It would seem that Revolution are a company involved in 3D graphics. No great mystery - everyone kept referring to "Revolution" and "3D" - I just added them together and googled them! Mystery solved?

I doubt if SI ever had a 3D engine they would have another company make it for them. More likely they would develop it in house in conjunction with the other game modules and hire animators to make it or alternatively develop an existing football game eg. PES to work with the FM match engine.

Looking at website of the company you mention their work isn't exactly impressive :)

It will not be 3d , Fm09 uses the same match engine as FML - which is in 2d.

The match engine is the thing the makes the calculations and decisions. The 2D/3D part is the visual representation.

So theoretically FM09 could use the same engine as FML, but still show matches in 3D.

Personally I hope it doesn't.

If SI have implemented a 3D match engine on FM09, I will take anyone from these boards on a date. Anyone who asks me. Posh restaurants, swanky bars, and a night in the best hotel Southport has to offer. But you buy your own breakfast.

When you hear about SI hiring animators or 3d graphics artists, then perhaps would be a good time to condier a 3d engine. Think about how long it took SI to change to 2d. They were one of the last to implement a visual representation of the pitch. Many football management sims had 3d engines before SI had even got a 2d engine. I don't expect to see 3d for a few years yet. And then it would require vast amounts of processing and graphical power. If SI's attention to detail when it comes to movement on the ball is anything to go by, they wouldn't make a 3d engine until it could look and feel like real life.

Assuming Che Guevera is taken to represent Revolution, then simply google "Revolution3D". It would seem that Revolution are a company involved in 3D graphics. No great mystery - everyone kept referring to "Revolution" and "3D" - I just added them together and googled them! Mystery solved?

Looking at Revolution3D's website, I sure doesn't hope that this is what Football Manager would use as graphic engine, if they have decided to implement 3D-matches (And I think the whole Che Guevara = Revolution = Revolution3D is really really reeeeally.... Farfetched). Poor graphics engine!

However I do love how these rumours take form. Kudos for an at least creative idea :)

If SI have implemented a 3D match engine on FM09, I will take anyone from these boards on a date. Anyone who asks me. Posh restaurants, swanky bars, and a night in the best hotel Southport has to offer. But you buy your own breakfast.

If you include an isometric pitch with small 3d players as being 3d then you're on.

Bookmarked. But I don't put out on the first date.

I'm gonna sneak another prediction in here among the 3d talk:

Che was a part of the revolution in Cuba right? Che and his buddies "launched" the revolution on November 25th (thats when they left for Cuba from Mexico City) .... so .... you probably figured where I'm going with this right?

FM09 to be launched on November 25th (2008 that is, not 1956 ;))

Sure Che would have approved of being used to market the biggest selling football management sim of all time :) Very odd how the image of a man so strongly opposed to capitalist consumerism could become one of the most marketable images in history.

Personally, i think the "revolution" suggested by Che's image will be indeed that, a revolution, but i don't think it will be a 3D match engine interface. What it will be, i don't know.

Sure Che would have approved of being used to market the biggest selling football management sim of all time :) Very odd how the image of a man so strongly opposed to capitalist consumerism could become one of the most marketable images in history.
heh true it is a little funny and strange

But my opinion is that they would'nt choose Che if there wont be something revolutionary in the new FM, I mean its self explainatory, i don't know that's just me

Hmmmmmm...Also why they decided to give the features in 3rD September and not 1st? 3rd=3D LOL!

I really hope that the match engine and graphics stay as they are...If the graphics will be like FIFA Manager am afraid it will be a big failure....

Will you even fly me across from New Zealand?

I highly doubt that 09 will have a 3D ME but this seems like such an exciting proposition, I am almost prepared to jump on the bandwagon immediately ;)

Will you even fly me across from New Zealand?

To go to Southport?!?!? Mike, does the pier ever reach the water nowadays? Still fights at the Scarisbrick Hotel?

Tell you what, we'll pop into Formby for a pint at the Freshie, then a flirt with the bargirls at The Grapes. That way we can get good beer and have a chance of pulling ;)

Although, come to think of it, I always did better at the Freshie.

To go to Southport?!?!? Mike, does the pier ever reach the water nowadays? Still fights at the Scarisbrick Hotel?

Tell you what, we'll pop into Formby for a pint at the Freshie, then a flirt with the bargirls at The Grapes. That way we can get good beer and have a chance of pulling ;)

Although, come to think of it, I always did better at the Freshie.

Formby is actually where I'm from, although I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Freshie! And if we're on a date, I don't want you flirting with the Grapes girls! Then again, it is a noble pastime.

and what if there will be 3D but 2D will also remain, so u'll have both and choose your fav? huh? :)

I will try 3d for sure, then i decide to keep it or switch back to 2d.

If 3d is made properly then it could be a great step up, but only if it's implemented well

i dont really think that it will be a 3D engine, but on the Championship Manager site it says other developers have been recruiting animators, and since Fifa already have 3D engine there is really only one competitor left.

That is the only thing that makes me think it could be a 3D engine, but i doubt it very much.

Archived