Your craziest result in FM12

After Nottingham Forest went to Leeds last night and stormed to a 7-3 victory which nobody in their right mind would have predicted, it got me thinking about bizarre games and scorelines I have experienced in FM12.

Every now and then I'll have a game where both teams seen to abandon their instructions and just go all-out attack, scoring every time they go forward, and this can sometimes work for and against you.

Last night, I took my Walsall side to Fulham in a Championship fixture. We were leading 0-2 at half time before three quick-fire goals saw Fulham leading 3-2 after 55 minutes. Danny Ings then got two quick goals of his own to complete his hat-trick, leaving the scoreline at 3-4 after around 75 minutes. My attempt to sit back on this lead and nullify any Fulham threat was clearly in vain as they scored two in the last 10 minutes to complete the scoring and win a remarkable game 5-4.

However, on a previous save it worked in my favour. My QPR side, who were in the Championship, travelled to a Sunderland side who were struggling in the Premier League. A thrilling first half saw us leading 2-4 at the break, with free-scoring striker Leigh Griffiths bagging all four for us. Sunderland came back out in the second half looking like a different side, and for the first 20 minutes of the second period we barely got a touch and found ourselves 5-4 down around the 70 minute mark. Enter Shaun Wright-Phillips, who came off the bench to score two stunning strikes, both after cutting inside from the left-wing, to win the game 5-6 and see us through to the next round.

So what are the most bizarre games and scorelines you have experienced on FM12, and have they ended in your favour or have you been on the losing end?

I was Arsenal playin Real Madrid in a friendly I find myself 5-0 by the hour mark. On comes Dominic Rowe (on loan from Bradford) and sets up Van Persie to make it 5-1. Walcott and Podolski then got one each to make it 5-3. Last few minutes I have 2 penalties both of which were blazed wide. So being 5-0 down to Madrid it is just typical of Arsenal to make a comeback, which they ALMOST did. Let's just say Mikel Arteta will not be taking penalties again

I was manager of Angola, facing Mali and up 4-0 with 11 minutes to go. Mali managed to get a draw :(

Only joking. Nah, in FM12 my best result is probably from my Billericay game where I was in the Blue Square South and managed to beat Championship side Reading 3-2 (albeit in a friendly, but they still had first team players in their squad and I still beat them)

Craziest result I've ever had in FM is a game from FM09 where I was playing as Dover against Chester. The game finished 3-3 but my players didn't score a single goal - Chester scored in injury time to snatch a draw after conceding three own goals :D

Ages ago now, but whenever a thread like this comes up I have to mention it! Wish I had a screenie but oh well.

Back on FM 08 (the best one in my opinion) I decided to try and take England to European and World Cup glory.

I cruised through qualification, and my group, and then Rooney got injured. Peter Crouch and Dean Ashton went up front for me, and Tom Huddlestone came into midfield as Lampard broke his leg, and we beat Italy and Spain in the quarters and the semis without breaking sweat. If I recall correctly, Italy were dispatched 2-0 and Spain were beaten 3-1.

Holland awaited in the final and, with Ashton, Crouch and Huddlestone all in the team, I found myself 4-0 down at half time. I told them to go out and enjoy the second half with no pressure, and the result was unbelievable.

Crouch scored just after half time - I remember because it was a rasping volley from about 35 yards, and Ashton got a hat-trick to equalise. Then, in the very last minute, I won a penalty, and Ashton got his fourth to win me the European Championships. I went bloody mental, needless to say.

Not a single result but whole seasons! In 4 seasons Ive come 2,3,2,2 losing out to Man Utd in 3 of them and Arsenal and Man utd in 1. In total Man Utd have dropped a whole 7 points 5 of those in the season they came 2nd to Arsenal. They are completely unstoppable in the league mainly down to the form of Rooney who has hit 148 league goals over the 4 seasons. Having said that they are useless in Europe with Barca, Real and Bayern dominant and in domestic cups have won none.

Just won a game 18-0 against Willem II, with three players getting hat-tricks and two getting 10.0 ratings. I have been scoring lots of goals but until then my best result was something like 7-0 or 6-0. In this game I was actually scaling back my attacking because I felt bad for the other team. Somewhat obviously they went down...

Just had THE most intense game I've had playing FM 12 xD

It's 2nd leg Champions Cup Quarter Final with the first game that I play at home being tie 1-1 so Man City had an away goal advantage.

My team did really well but sooooooo many near misses (ok it was like 3 near misses but every miss was gut wrenching). Stayed at regular playing style until around 70th minute when it was obvious I wasn't going to get a result unless I take more risks... Changed to 3-2-3-2/attacking my usual formation when I try to make last minute push

75th min.... 80th min... 85th.... NOTHING!! I started to feel like it's just not going to be my day.

88th minute there was a corner by then though I was pretty much... sigh whatever, the ball went toward my right winger and gareth bale run from the middle of the box to challenge him, he out jumped my winger and.... wait... a call by ref :eek: from what looked like a regular tussle from Bale to win position... and it IS the ref called it foul and I got the penalty shot!!!

My Finger crossed because my team had missed 2 of the 5 penalties given to us this season!...

My ST step up to take the penalty shot... and it's good!!!!!!!

Changed formation 4-4-2 diamond, changed strategy to counter and use the get stuck in touchline. Man City go back to their default 4-2-3-1 charging in with all they got.

89th min, 90th min, 3 min overtime given, 91st min, 92nd min... corner given to Man City!! Doumbia received the corner, headed it M'villa who was unmarked! he tap the ball and there it was, the tying goal xD.

But at least now it's all tie and I still have a chance at overtime/penalties

Barnsley again controlling the match in the overtime though there was nothing really out of the ordinary for the first 15 minute of extra time... except for my Poacher getting injured on the 104th minute but can still play (this is the first time ever btw I've let an injured player keep playing since I've used up all my subs and I simply can't afford playing with a player down)

Until the 105th minute when I got an attacking throw in from the right side. My RWB throw it into my RW but he pass it back to the RWB which then pass the ball to my AMC. He pass it back to the RW that's waiting in the box. The RW took a step to the left and saw my DM who was open in the center of the box and after receiving the simple pass my DM smash it into the box with M'villa next to him just watching xD.

Kick-Off after the goal, Doumbia tried to make a through-pass to Nasri but my DM was on him, win the ball from Nasri and my ST took control of it and made a right pass to the RW. My RW ran a bit through the center but with Srna closing down on him he decided to make a through pass to my injured poacher which beat all the defenders and took it toward the goal... Just riiiiight inside the box Lovren tackled him from behind and he lost possesion of the ball BUT the ball kept going toward the goal. Joe Hart dive to his right trying to grab the incoming ball but he missed it somehow LOL. Lovren and the recovered poacher ran for the ball trying to get the tap in. Lovren did a slide tackle trying to clear the ball... unfortunately for him he just pushed the ball inside the goal!!! Wheee!! 3-1 plus I have the away goal advantage!

The sequence went by so fast that I didn't even have time to adjust my tactics until after the last goal. Went back to 4-4-2 Diamond/counter/get stuck in.

Start the 2nd part of overtime. (by this time the tactical change still haven't take effect still I just changed it at the start of 2nd half of overtime). City with possesion, pass, pass, Yaya Toure pass to his right to M'villa that did quick pass to Doumbia that was being marked by my RCD but for whatever reason my LCD felt his defensive partner needed help and close Doumbia's up neglecting Micah Richards that he's supposed to be marking. Sure enough doumbia made a through pass to Richards and none of my defenders was close enough to him >.< he smashed it through my GK and City scratched one back :(

Wished I could tell you City got another goal to make it all tie again but it didn't happen :) my defenses hold up and indeed we control even the last 15 min with Man City keep pushing for the tie. My LWB and my injured poacher both got yellow cards to boot since I went for the hard tackle but all in all it was a pretty safe 15 minutes.

THAT was the craziest game I've played in FM12 no doubt (so far anyway :p), and I play the whole game in extended mode which took a little bit over 1 hour for the game to play xD, but it was fun and worth it!!

Here's a couple screenie... I don't know how to put it as picture so it's just the link sorry (I've read the posting pic thread btw but there's no instruction for saved pic at steam so it's just link for now). And sorry for mentioning only my player's positions since most of my players are regen and it won't make sense mentioning name that people don't know

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594714175177970488/0DFF73F0E9037DB970BC4CF5BBF1C6287362C9D1/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594714175177971597/472B47AFAF115619EFA6A22351CFAFD81AFA0C46/

I beat Schalke 7-0 away in the Euro Cup Qualifying round before the group stage with my newly promoted Derby side. We'd won both cups and the league in the previous season so I was doing well, but that result is the best one i've ever had. Welbeck destroyed them (loaned in from United). Think he scored 4 and should've had 6 overall, crazy game.

Not FM12 (I don't have it), but my last game was unlike any other I've played. We won 6-2 . . . after extra time. All four goals scored in the first half of extra time, too. My striker scored 5 and assisted the other, earning the fourth 10 rating I've seen from one of my own players.

Don't have screen shot at the moment.

1st season with Sunderland in champions league - I get Barcelona in the QF - and I beat them 4-0 (can't remember if home or away). But knocked them out. It was great. Good old Conor Wickham and co.

Archived