how long does your season take?

as the title suggests, i was just wondering how long it takes everyone to play a season in FM12. I think i have been playing my first season for approx 14 hours and just hit January. Although that time is spread out over 2 weeks :( wish i wasnt as busy.

cheers, skelet.

as the title suggests, i was just wondering how long it takes everyone to play a season in FM12. I think i have been playing my first season for approx 14 hours and just hit January. Although that time is spread out over 2 weeks :( wish i wasnt as busy.

cheers, skelet.

First season always takes longer as you remold the team, staff etc...first takes me ~10 hours. Each season taking progressively less time until around seasons 5+ which takes me like 6'sh hours

In the right mood, no distractions for a few hours, its easy to fly through a couple of seasons... Playing the odd match in little sessions just feels counter to what FM stands for. But sometimes its all you get time for as you long for the days where you could sack off college/uni for a massive session!

30 hours for my first season. A lot longer than I thought it would take, but it's not felt long. It's felt involved, which is great really. Don't expect season 2 to take me much more than another 24 hours simply due to not having to sort my entire squad & tactics & training etc from scratch.

Ofcourse season 1 takes a little more time, but I think I can manage to do a whole season in about 10/11 hours.

Could probably do it a little faster; I play windowed mode and often let myself be distracted by my mail and browsing the internet.

I do have an aged pc though, so with a newer 'model' I could probably play a season quite a lot faster...

I really wouldn't want to play several seasons per day. I really enjoy the game and taking my time is essential for me to scout, plan, study tactics and keep on top of everything. One week per season is about as fast as I would want to run a season and I am really enjoying it.

Hulkster02 says 'I can assure you it is quite possible to play a season in holiday mode in less than 2 hours.'

This is interesting! How exactly do you do that H/ Start the game then go on holiday & don't come back? Just keep clicking the 'Continue' button?

Surely you would get the sack.

Please let us know how this works. Am I missunderstanding something here?

My team would likely do much better if I did this, ha ha!

Personally, my seasons take about a week to complete & I play a good few hours a day.

Couple of hours.

Can get through 2/3 seasons a day if I'm off work.

Screen shots or didn't happen!

Seriously, how the hell do you get through that many seasons in a day? Going on holiday? What? Where? HOW!?

1. Start the game

2. Set up a tactic I want to play with

3. Hire as many good scouts as possible and cover as much of the EU as possible

4. Play the friendlies to judge how the tactic works and where I need to strengthen

5. Hire a damn good assistant manager

6. Only read news items that are important (I glance at most news items, tend to get through one each second)

7. When its time for a match, pick the team, Go On Holiday ticking use current team and tactics.

8. Rinse and repeat.

I sign anyone that the scouts highly recommend and are U18

I occasionally sign older players if they're highly recommended and the youth I've bought haven't progressed in time to replace my aging players

I also occasionally do the same if I sell someone and the youth aren't ready yet to take up the slack.

I even more occasionally play matches to make sure my tactics are still doing what I want.

Football Director 2012 for the win.

1. Start the game

4. Play the friendlies to judge how the tactic works and where I need to strengthen

6. Only read news items that are important (I glance at most news items, tend to get through one each second)

7. When its time for a match, pick the team, Go On Holiday ticking use current team and tactics.

8. Rinse and repeat.

I occasionally sign older players if they're highly recommended and the youth I've bought haven't progressed in time to replace my aging players

I also occasionally do the same if I sell someone and the youth aren't ready yet to take up the slack.

I even more occasionally play matches to make sure my tactics are still doing what I want.

That would get boring pretty quickly for me but i'd probably be more successful....(Just been sacked, signing on at 15.30PM Their better be some decent managerial vacancies on the job point!)

1. Start the game

8. Rinse and repeat.

This is not playing, that sounds like a betatester homework to me.

someone needs a girlfiend.... :rolleyes:

Very, very true :(

This is not playing, that sounds like a betatester homework to me.

It's how I've been playing FM since about FM2007/8 - all my enjoyment of the game comes from squad building and developing youth. If I want to play with tactics then I'll just go back to begging SI to reinstate FML.

Very, very true :(

It's how I've been playing FM since about FM2007/8 - all my enjoyment of the game comes from squad building and developing youth. If I want to play with tactics then I'll just go back to begging SI to reinstate FML.

You are pretty good at squad building and developing :)

If anybody is getting through multiple seasons in just a few days, then I assure you they are going on holiday 60% of the time. If you play FM the true way it is meant to be played it will take you longer. It should take you longer. This is a football simulator that requires attention to the smallest details. Pounding out seasons in an arcade fashion similar to the FIFA series is a waste of a great game. I have had FM binge sessions which lasted for hours and not made it through 1/4 of a season.

Archived