What Will You Use The FM11 Demo For?

What will you use the Demo for? Maybe search the new wave of exciting youths? Create and put your tactics to test?

Also, is it possible to actually start a game on the demo and play it until January and then continue the game when the actual version comes out?

I'll use the demo check how the new match engine runs, i'm looking forward to the new personality animations.

And also to find out if i like the new players agent feature.

And yep you can carry on your Demo save with the full version.

But the Demo only allows quick starts, you can't select what leagues you want to load up etc. And you'll only have so many players loaded, so you might want to start a new game when FM11 comes out. :thup:

I will probably start a game with Nottingham Forest and get a feel for it to help me write the Nottingham Forest Good Player & Team Guide Thread. Last year you could start a game and you played until January and you could then carry it on when the full game came out. Hopefully it will be like that this year. I will probably also get used to all the new things that are going to be in the game before starting a brand new game with Nottingham Forest properly.

I will probably start a game with Nottingham Forest and get a feel for it to help me write the Nottingham Forest Good Player & Team Guide Thread. Last year you could start a game and you played until January and you could then carry it on when the full game came out. Hopefully it will be like that this year. I will probably also get used to all the new things that are going to be in the game before starting a brand new game with Nottingham Forest properly.

It should they will be releasing a gold version of the game so saves will be in the same format for the demo as for the main game.

yeah i have to get used to it before i can play it properly in the real game. god bless the demo.

Out of interest, have you ever managed to win the premiership or champs league with Forest in previous versions of FM? Is that your ultimate goal this time around in the real game?

yeah i have to get used to it before i can play it properly in the real game. god bless the demo.

Out of interest, have you ever managed to win the premiership or champs league with Forest in previous versions of FM? Is that your ultimate goal this time around in the real game?

I haven't no. Partly because I never really play as them on the game. If I do I only have little games where I don't get to far. I will try this year to get them back as Premiership winners, Champions League winners etc etc.

start a game managing fc van der vaart.. uuhm tottenham spurs. scouting the world for new talents, and checking where my talents from fm2010 are playing at the moment and if they're still worth spending my money on.. think im gonna love the new match preparation training thingy and the new interaction with players and contract negotiations well as the improved interaction with your board and stuff, just everything i guess.. cant wait for the demo!!!

^ hehe, nice

Primarily familarisation with the interface, basic understanding of features, esp changes. Obviously the match engine and the basics of squad management (training, tactics, interactions). Try to pull off some decent transfers (just 'cos it's fun) and try to get some clues on the must-have youngsters. It's the usual - switching from your ongoing save to a demo of an upcoming version is like a swimmer tapering before a major competition.

What an odd thread.

Weirdly enough, I'll be using the demo to see what the games like.

What else am I likely to use it for? Making screensavers? Taking up much needed space on my hard drive?

No, like everyone I will be playing the game.

- Trying out the new stuff.

- Getting the hang of the new training parts so I don`t need to figure it out while playing the game I want to continue.

- Once I find proper training, I`ll save it for the full game. Less time spent on stuff I already figured out after all.

- Same for tactics.

- Getting used to the players and staff on the team for the team I want to be a manager of. They will be the same on the final version, so at least I`ll know what kind of people they are and what I need later on.

- Trying out the new stuff.

- Getting the hang of the new training parts so I don`t need to figure it out while playing the game I want to continue.

- Once I find proper training, I`ll save it for the full game. Less time spent on stuff I already figured out after all.

- Same for tactics.

- Getting used to the players and staff on the team for the team I want to be a manager of. They will be the same on the final version, so at least I`ll know what kind of people they are and what I need later on.

Second that mate, the demo is tinkering heaven!

not sure if i'm even going to download it this year, I always seem to download it then end up never being able to settle into anything. Think I might wait and see what you guys think rather than check things out for myself and increase my excitement for the 5th

What is this sub bug never noticed it myself?

The inability to cancel pending subs, particulalry where the score has changed since you requested the sub. I've experience it a lot. A lot. I'll get to 80 minutes or so in a game and be one goal up, or drawing in a game I need a point from. I'll request a sub to go from 4-4-2, say, to 5-4-1 or such like. While the sub is still waiting, the opposition score. My sub request is now redundant, but instead of emulating real life (where a manager would cancel the sub request) I watch my team go ultra defensive even though we're now behind.

This was introduced into the game from FM08. In FM07 and prior, the game action paused while you made the sub request so you actually knew the score when the sub was implemented - whereas from FM08 you have to just hope the score doesn't change!

I will use the demo to check out MLS (please have MLS quickstart in the demo please!!!), and then head directly to the data and bugs forums to tell SI to fix some things. :p

But one particular thing I'll be doing is getting the hang of the new contract negotiations.

Archived