Do You Like The Complacency Feature?

Do You Like The Complacency Feature?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like The Complacency Feature?

• No, change the way it works.
    • Yes, keep it as it is.

I'm sick of it. I was pretty annoyed when my AssMan started telling me that my team are now complacent against lower rep teams AND higher rep teams. I just don't know how to solve it, team talks certainly make no difference.

While I'm on this point, should I really still being told that players are finding it hard to settle in the team TWO YEARS after I signed them, and at least a good year after they really started putting in top performances consistantly? Just what does it take for players to believe themselves settled, because playing well with the rest of the team clearly isn't a factor :\

No i want it changed its doing my nut in.

Yes im unbeaten in 23 games but Chelsea are the champions of England, why would Scottish league runner up players expect an easy game. Sorry SI but its doing my tits in, no matter how hard i try my players remain complacent.

have to agree the complcency is very frustrating. Yes i play as Arsenal and yes they r known for a few slip ups against weaker teams but away to Peterborough ( now in Prem LOL ) am 3-1 up with 89 mins on the clock and suddenly my players decide to start spraying passes across the area and low and behold i find myself ending the game 3-3!!!!!!!!!!

NO ITS NOT MY TACTICS!!!

I didn't realize it was a 'feature'. There doesn't seem to be any mechanism for the manager to be able to do anything about it.

Likewise with the "Player X is finding it hard to motivate himself to play for you" (because he hates you or thinks your reputation is too low). As with Andre Bikey is my current game with Burnley.

What do you guys do in Press Conferences (if you even do them), cause I'm very careful to rarely tip my team to win anything, often lowering expectations, and my team (Rotherham United) continue 3 seasons in to not be complacent against either Higher or Lower Reputation teams. (Edit: And they have been successful, two straight promotions and just a point off the Championship playoffs 18 games in)

I ask this cause the only thing mentioned as not working to change this, in this thread at least, is Team Talks. If you are continually backing your team to beat your opponents, the team itself will start to believe the hype I imagine.

I may be wrong, but as I say I've not experienced this problem to an unrealistic extent in any of my saves yet.

Never heard of it to be honest.

How could you not have heard of it? :confused:

Assistant Manager gives his opinion in his usual back room meetings and says that the team gets complacent against teams with lower reputations

You do remember that part, don't you?

Denying that it exists is confirming that the Assistant Manager feedback part is pointless window-dressing.

I don't think it's a new feature as such, it's always been in FM. It's just that now we have a clearer indication that it's happening thanks to the backroom advice. I would suggest playing players with higher determination/work rate/professionalism etc in the games, rather than fancy-dan foreign wingers who can't be bothered when they're not on live TV.

I'm concerned why I keep seeing my team concede a goal, within 5 minutes of scoring one, so often. And also concerned that it happens the other way around, too. It's like the amount of long shot goals. It just seems dodgy.

I didn't have a clue what the OP meant.

Ignore it. Backroom Advice is a WIP. Some of the PPM suggestions and such are good, but you want the scout feedback for matches :cool:

Complacency is in the feedback your assistant gives before/during a match too. And it's in your team motivation drop-down menu you can see during a match.

Never heard of it to be honest.

Who are you what have you done with Neil? :D tbh, I didn't see this coming.

What do you (plural, referring to people who don't know what complacency is yet) do in your freetime apart from not playing fm 10 :D

What do you guys do in Press Conferences (if you even do them), cause I'm very careful to rarely tip my team to win anything, often lowering expectations, and my team (Rotherham United) continue 3 seasons in to not be complacent against either Higher or Lower Reputation teams. (Edit: And they have been successful, two straight promotions and just a point off the Championship playoffs 18 games in)

I ask this cause the only thing mentioned as not working to change this, in this thread at least, is Team Talks. If you are continually backing your team to beat your opponents, the team itself will start to believe the hype I imagine.

I may be wrong, but as I say I've not experienced this problem to an unrealistic extent in any of my saves yet.

I never reveal anything in them, never give any inclination as to how my side will play, never talk about previous or up and coming games and only praise my own players if asked about others just ignore it. To be honest I think the fact i never answer anything you would think the press would stop asking me for interviews and leave me to my job...But NO they still persist in pestering me!! SI sort it out for the next one please as it really SUCKS!! Possibly the worst feature in the game!

Every single team in the world gets complacent against teams with lower reputations.

The level of complacency in the game is managable, and the level of compacency not managable is at least realistic.

It's not your tactics. But. It's your team talks. Do not tell the whole team that you're pleased at half time in case the assman advises you to do so. Set the whole team to none, and tell the only ones playing actually good that you're pleased. Problem solved by at least 80%.

The complacency item has definately not been thought through.

My team gets complacent against lesser ranked teams and struggles against higher rated teams. Basically I will struggle against every team in the league so what is the point. I believe what SI are really telling me to do is turn my laptop off, unplug it from the mains and hide it in a cupboard.

I am shocked that an SI representative does not know anything about it. Does Beta testing actually exist if you don't know this is in the game????

Complacency has always been in. It's to do with personality and Determination. You're only noticing it now because of the Backroom Advice.

Be tougher on your players, stop buying players with poor personalities or low Determination, and hire an AssMan with high Motivation to give you advice on team talks.

Problem solved.

Complacency has always been in. It's to do with personality and Determination. You're only noticing it now because of the Backroom Advice.

Be tougher on your players, stop buying players with poor personalities or low Determination, and hire an AssMan with high Motivation to give you advice on team talks.

Problem solved.

You can never solve it completely but these advices do help.

It's definitely not a feature... and while I agree there should be some degree of complacency, my Man Utd team should not be daydreaming whenever they see Hull/Stoke/any other team before 10th!

I've almost resorted to playing reserves whenever I play someone with a low reputation and hope they are more hungry!

(Not sure if that even happens!)

Team talks are massive, as are press conferences.

Never be too confident in press conferences as someone said earlier, especially when playing away from home or if you are not the favourite.

Team talks have be handled with ridiculous care, if you are too harsh morale disappears quickly and then you are in big trouble. Even if you lose you sometimes have to say well done or pleased or sympathise etc.

I have to say I think the whole morale issue and complacency are big problems in the game. Tha fans are idiots too, loving players one game when a striker scores 4 in a game and hating them the next when they put in an average performance. Yes fans are fickle but they are not that stupid as to say after the match that said striker shouldnt have played straight after he scored 4 goals in the previous game!

Team talks are massive, as are press conferences.

Never be too confident in press conferences as someone said earlier, especially when playing away from home or if you are not the favourite.

Team talks have be handled with ridiculous care, if you are too harsh morale disappears quickly and then you are in big trouble. Even if you lose you sometimes have to say well done or pleased or sympathise etc.

I have to say I think the whole morale issue and complacency are big problems in the game. Tha fans are idiots too, loving players one game when a striker scores 4 in a game and hating them the next when they put in an average performance. Yes fans are fickle but they are not that stupid as to say after the match that said striker shouldnt have played straight after he scored 4 goals in the previous game!

Definitely find that team talks need to be ALOT more positive this year.

There have been times where I've been quite tempted to plug in the hairdryer but then remembered that my star players need to be cuddled or they'll be crying on the pitch in the next game.

Problem solved.

I have the assman with high mot. but cant see he's genies in any way. He just advises me about the same things that I would say without him. Only now and then does he put a "expect performance" or some other for individuals, very rarely. As for the press conferences, about 3 times a year I get a report that someone or other reacted well on he's comment. I think that you can do much better if u learn to do it yourself. I didn't because I cant be bothered now, maybe I will.

Maybe all we need is detailed tutorials showing what personality of players react how. It seems we all struggle to find a formula that works.

Every single team in the world gets complacent against teams with lower reputations.

The level of complacency in the game is managable, and the level of compacency not managable is at least realistic.

It's not your tactics. But. It's your team talks. Do not tell the whole team that you're pleased at half time in case the assman advises you to do so. Set the whole team to none, and tell the only ones playing actually good that you're pleased. Problem solved by at least 80%.

I tried that and after 2nd game half my team was worried by the lack of discipline...

Archived