Most Enjoyable saves outside of England

which ae your favourite saves outside of english football??:thup:

Does Wales count? If it does I had a save spanning to 2037 with TNS in FM07. Unfortunately I only one the title once in that time (Llanelli was ridiculously overrated in that version meaning that only twice in that period did a team other then them won the League, us and Cefn Druids).

Made the CL group stage once too, drawing with Juventus at the Recreation Ground, and beating Lille.

I got poached by Fiorentina in 2013, a decent sized squad, but like most AI teams have no strength in depth. That said, I am unbeaten in my first 8 games, and only one 1-1 draw in there and that was against Serie A's 2nd placed team. Pazzini has scored in EVERY game. Loving this one.

Only problem is I bought a bunch of my old squad -- hope it doesn't disrupt my new team too much when they get here in Jan.

I felt Valencia was a good team. They have a great setup and for the first five months. i din't lose a game (although many draws). I am currently in 2017 and I have won the league three times and the champions league one and Euro cup 4 times.

Great game, absolutely loved it.

I had a great save on FM08 starting at Happy Valley in Hong Kong. Was there for 20+ years, dominated domestically and managed to win the Asain Champions League.....just the once though. Then went on to CSKA Moscow in Russia (they were fallen giants by then struggling to stay in the top Russian League) where i managed to dominate domestically and win the Uefa Cup and Champions League once each.

Then along came FM09..........

I enjoy Italy, managed to take my team up from Serie C/1 to SerieA into the Champions leahue group stages, trying to challenge Inter, tough though, haven't expanded my stadium. Think I'll move on if I win the league and Champions league

My current one at the moment beats my Everton one from FM08:

Started out at KAA Gent in Belgium, stayed for 5 enjoyable seasons until 2 teams in the league got taken over and just creamed my team full of young stars with potential - also the boards lack of ambition lead to me resigning. I then took over the vacancy at Dortmund and stayed for 3 seasons, reaching the Champions League final in season 3, and accepting a job offer from Juventus, offering £82k a week - more than 6 times what I was on at Dortmund! At end of first season with Juve and finally think I've found home, although a move to England would be nice.

On your napoli saves did you sell marek hamsik or lavezzi and are they in europe ????? If you did sell them how much ??

didn't sell either. Man C sniffing around Hamsik of course, but no dice

Serie A

Although I find it too easy, what with the slow pace of the matches never causing any real player fatigue, no reserves which means you can have a huge youth team and a tiny 1st team squad and make millions of profit every season just from ticket revenue.

The lack of reserve leagues in Spain, France and Italy does make long term games really dull and limited imho.

Serie A

Although I find it too easy, what with the slow pace of the matches never causing any real player fatigue, no reserves which means you can have a huge youth team and a tiny 1st team squad and make millions of profit every season just from ticket revenue.

The lack of reserve leagues in Spain, France and Italy does make long term games really dull and limited imho.

France do have a reserve league, just select "CFA" when you choose France.

Have not played outside England since I've had FM09, so my last foray was on FM08 with my "local" team, Granada CF of the Spanish Segunda B4. Took me several seasons, but managed to win La Liga eventually and after another couple of seasons, the Champions League.

I do have many nations loaded on my current save though, just in case I fancy something different.

Never Managed outside of England for more than a season (Australia, Did a 2 month Stint with FC Rouen, Rangers i did for like 6 months)

England is to special and thrilling but in long save would probabaly move out!

Germany! Seasons pass quickly and it's not all that hard to achieve national success. The competition AI helps your cause and you can usually afford having a youngster or two in your team to nurture them without sacrifycing too many points. Squad development, national success and European challenge add to a pretty enjoyable combination.

:):thup:

Playing as Bayern you don't even leave yourself a national challenge ;)

Pfft, I am a European only kinda guy! I have no itnerest in domestic success. Who are you playing as? If you say Werder Bremen, you're as bad as glamdring and will be added to my list.

Serie A

France do have a reserve league, just select "CFA" when you choose France.

Or select Second Division B when in Spain to get reserves.

When I'm in Germany I'm usually Gladbach or HSV, which always leaves Bayern as at least one good team to beat each year (Werder always decline somewhat after time I find). That's where I go after getting bored of Newcastle. And I could never play Werder as they are the fierce rivals of HSV :mad:

But you are playing Bayern realistically then ;) Their only irl interest in national success is created if they might not have it in one year and usually their CL achievement is then what matters more to them.

I've left Bayern now, (i'm still playing 08) I eventually won the CL with them and that was my overall objective. Not wanting to go throught the pain of messing it up again the following season, I jumped ship for floundering Valencia and hope to do the same again.

I try to play them as realistically as possible, although I do focus on German talent and shun foreigners. I operate a strict wage regime, set realistic asking prices (with league rep in mind) and get rid of anyone whos steps out of line. Despite that, the league remained very easy, but Europe was a tough ask and eventually winning, with my rules in mind, was a pretty impressive achievement AFAIC :D

You shall be praised on the streets then :D

Good job.

I always concentrate on the league, but indeed Europe is where the real challenge lies. Just too bad that you can throw it all away on a single bad day which is why I'm not to downhearted by European failure as long as I'm usually doing well.

In my current save, I’ve spent a couple of seasons at St Gallen, then onto Ajax for a year and then successful seasons at Juventus. I’ve just taken over Brazil in time for the 2014 World Cup.

Best save I’ve had in a long time, plus I’m now multilingual; which is nice.

I've had a few enjoyable save games outside of England. In fact I think I enjoy playing FM outside of England these days.

My best one was with Hammerfest in Norway though on FM2007 where I won the Champions League after 14 seasons. They started in the 3rd tier. I plan to go back on FM2009, and do it all over again.

Mine was with Barcelona, the age of my squard was sooo young but we won pretty much everything.

There was one i had which was fu/infuriating which was when me and my mate did a game in the dutch league, just couldn't play their style of football. We were gettign ripped apart by relegation challengers, safe to say we gave up after a couple of months in the season

Mine was with Marseille. Lyon won the league in the first season as I finished in a Uefa cup spot but I have wont the league the last 2 seasons and am first this season although I have lost some big players to bigger clubs so this season is incredibly tight. I just bought a new 12M GBP striker and he broke his game playing for Russia after 3 games...

I also just beat Moscow in first knockout stage of CL....

Porto has been a cracking game for me. The football in Portugal can be very nice and the battle out of the top three is always very interesting.

You get a decent budget and you can sell players for big money if you want to bring in fresh blood.

Due to your reputation not being 'massive', the Champions League proves to be a real challenge and tactics are important when playing big teams and you have to decide your mind-set well in advance. Another thing you are forced to do, due to the lack of reputation, is get in youth players and try and build a superstar as buying them can become a problem.

I first got with Porto during the Community Challenge but will definitely stick with it once the season is over and I strongly advise giving it a go.

It really all comes down to keeping it together in the long run and beating Benfica and Sporting. At the moment, I am third and am a 12 points from Sporting at the top. That might come down to my poor management but I have found it a real challenge.

Archived