The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

This is the last result thread it is not about questioning someone's game so just drop it.

Crackers1991 - You are clearly bragging about your game, if you want to continue to do so then either open a career update thread in the correct forum or post about your seasons in the Leicester thread.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How has your side performed in the Club World Championships?

One runners-up (losing to B. Dortmund in the final) and four third-place finishes. For some reason, I'm now being drawn against the European clubs in the semifinal round instead of the South American representative.

Too bad I won't be playing in the CWC this season after my squad buckled to Monterrey and lost 4-1 on aggregate in the CCL final. My defense hasn't recovered from the loss of Caldirola yet...but I do have Simone Pasa retrained as a CB, so it might be time to throw him into the starting XI.

My last game was a 1-12 win over cross town rivals in the Icelandic Upper League Cup. At which point I remembered why I'd stopped playing this save. But I can't get into a new save with another team as I wistfully miss the youth players in my Icelandic team.

Philadelphia 0-0 Toronto FC

Despite dominating them (16 shots to their 8, 5 on goal to their 0, 59% possession) I just couldn't find a way to emerge victorious. Sitting in 3rd in the Eastern conference, trailing by one point but with 3 games in hand.

Unfortunately, just lost my #2 striker (Brazilian U-20 newgen) for about 3 months to a broken ankle in the 29th minute. Guess I'll have to replace him with my #3 striker...another Brazilian newgen. My beloved Carlos Andre is sitting on 16 goals in 17 games (172 in 271 for his career) in all competitions and is now making $4million per year--more than the rest of the squad, combined! Not bad for a 3 1/2 star player playing at his peak.

2zemqag.png

Following a disappointing 1-1 draw against Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League, this 5-0 tonking was a perfect response. Gerardo Di Lorenzo continued his great goalscoring form, with this strike making it 8 goals in just 6 games for the inspirational captain. But it was midfield string-puller Greg Jones who received yet another Man Of The Match award - despite missing a second-half penalty - thanks to two assists and a well-taken finish in the closing moments. Young Joakim Mellberg also got another goal from centre-back, with midfielders Abbati and Ahmed Gomaa rounding off the goals. La Viola totally dominated the match, evidenced by Bari's lack of even a single shot.

[video=youtube;DNE6AlVrf2g]

2' Belhanda, 17' Damiao, 31' Damiao, 44' Belhanda, 57' Bale, 66' Belhanda, 71' Kara, 76' Parker, 84' Marcos, 86' Gaston, 93' Marcos

After we won the opener away to Blackpool with a last minute winner from my 17 year old substitute, this happened.

not my LATEST score but 2nd latest

Tottenham 2-3 Blackpool 3 (AET)

one of the few occasions I wasn't that bothered about a game, i had what i wanted in winning the league cup (Europa league), this was the FA cup semi final, which is a good distance for a championsip club, and I am facing the team currently top of the premier league by 3 points (was far more at one point), and as it is near the end of the season, I just let me assman do it as it is a quick skip though to the matches in the championship I wish to do. but happy as it was key players scoring the goals.

only bad point is the loss of diame to a broken leg :(

Vancouver 0-3 Toronto FC

Carlos Andre chips in with two goals and an assist to lead the way. Now stands at 22 goals and 10 assists in 21 games across all competitions (7.92 rating.) Expressed concern after I sold Jon Kempin, our starting GK (and starter for the US) but the backup (Brazilian U-20 newgen) has only allowed one goal in four league games (6 in 10 overall) and has the potential to be just as good. Simone Pasa has settled in nicely at CB, whereas I've begun retraining my Brazilian U-20 newgen LB to play RB, as my Canadian newgen has signaled his intentions to move on. My current LB is an Argentinian U-20 newgen that I converted from CB.

Sitting in first place in the East by 4 points with two games in hand; 16 games played with 45GF and 9GA. Preparing for the CONCACAF Champions League to start up at the end of the month...

Toronto FC 5-1 Seattle

Carlos Andre with 4 goals, pushing him up to 27 in 25 games.

Nice bounce back from the team having fallen 1-0 to New York in a game that I dominated, then struggling to a 2-2 draw against Chicago.

My RB Canadian newgen that came in as a youth player has made it clear that he's ready to leave--4 1/2 star rating and at least 30 teams are interested in him (including the likes of Inter and Schalke.) Valued at $1.6million, I've set his pricetag at $5million. Samuel, my U-20 Brazilian newgen CB, is also hinting at wanting to leave...though I'm going to try and work out a Designated Player contract with him to keep him around long enough to (hopefully) play for Canada in a couple of years.

The first leg: Tottenham 3-3 RGUOR Minsk

The last result

RUORvTottenhamSplitView.png

GET IN! :cool:

To say I was excited after this match was an understatement. First leg was bizarre, Spurs were making mistakes left and right and we capitalized (but of course we nearly blew it). In the 2nd leg I made sure to frustrate their players in not getting any rhythm, and it nearly worked. In stoppage we had a corner and I was thinking "C'mon Zaleskiy, use your head, use your head!", and he did. Nice to finish off that match considering the previous match we drew the worst team in the league 3-3, blowing it on a last minute goal on a corner.

last result? how about the gold medal match from the olympics (switzerland got there by beating spain O.o)

94E91BB8B28B937FD5C737FF758D2C9ACA886FFD

and after all that promotion business. got down to the premier league and Europa league (FA cup finalist meant I jumped up a round as i had already won league cup)

AD2D9ABFBFBE0415207F879628567F7BD6D80D05

C92BA748E4C2DE90CACAA05BD9D922FA48D144A0

ok enough last results.

because i do not know what just happened. except my left winger got injured, had to bring on taylor-fletcher and move my right winger to play left as no one else could, it seems to have erm.. worked? I saw Chelsea away next up and though... well thats is not what I need when i want to get a good early run of points together. was expecting a loss of 2 or 3-0 not this

C47BFD0D5DE85B0D628C95F35D9B5CF19A8F2865

they scored from the usual corner junk, my defender (wilson) scored from a corner.... by vollying it from about 6-7 yards.

Morelia 0-1 Toronto FC CONCACAF Champion's League group stage

Came in as the underdog and managed to pull off the upset in an ugly game. Outshot them 15-3, but each of us only had 1 shot on goal. Now in first in the group after 3 games with 7 points with Morelia trailing right behind with 6. Took care of some transfer business since my last post, including landing my first ever "wonderkid" from Real Madrid for $15.5million. He'll join up in January, after the season.

you want barmy? this one, scored after 44 seconds, then we played pretty shocking, conceding to players bumping into each other in the areas. and contined that way until we scored our second, then game wa sopen, went in 3-2 at hlaf time, warned of complacency, praised the "angered" players. second half we completly stormed them from the wings.

4 games 4 wins and 20 goals (2nd placed united have managed only 8, arsenal 9) conceding a barmy 7 (joint 2nd most conceded - shared with wolves and cardif) only QPR have worse.... obviously they conceded 9 now. still early days, leading the league by 2 points as relegation faves is nice, but can it continue?

insane crazy start to the season, especially these away results. was marked as an underdog as well.

50E104CC5486EDDBC1182924EC1B22A0B5ADDB3E

and the maicon is the other younger one that plays for locamotiv moscow

Girdonis Bordeaus 0

Montepellier 2

Keeps the title charge firmly on track going into January. 3 points ahead of Marseille. Giroud on fire, scored double the amount of goals of any other striker in the league. Only had a brief cameo at the end of this match though :(

not understanding my away results, using my formation, i should be torn to pieces, i'm guessing its the teamtalks, i use the same one every away game and same results.

oh and the suarez red... one yellow for diving... the other for ungentlemanly conduct. funny bug after disallowed goal as i never saw it. - had to be him though

89CD9A3B3A9A5DDEC9F03163EAB75BDE27DA679D

Toronto FC 2-0 Sporting KC

Final game of the regular season. Finished in first place with a league-record 85 points and have a run of 12 games won in a row currently. Clinched first place in the CCL group stage, to boot.

In 34 MLS games, team scored 88 goals while giving up just 18. Not bad, in light of the fact that I've sold my top 3 players (starting striker, centerback and rightback) after they expressed a desire to leave.

Next up is the playoffs, where anything can happen!

Spurs 2-2 Blackpool

dissapointing draw, but come from a goal down every time, 100% recored ended after 6 wins on the spin, and beating Man city in the previous match.

Europla league a better hunting ground, 3 points clear at the top of the group, AZ took points of the team a drew with earlier (Breman), and drew with the bottom team so giving me a good advantage after 3 games. especially as i have to play the other 2 at home

D075C7678B442FAEE79338BF13668ADC49837609

Wolves 4-0 Blackpool

A very one sided game v a bottom, already relegated and deflated Blackpool side who just want the season to end. We should of scored more tbh, but it was a dead rubber for ourselves too (Guaranteed no higher or lower then 2nd place) so not really bothered.

Amazed they were relegated so easily (26 pts from safety) as we really struggled with them when we played the away game earlier in the season, needing an against the run of play, smash and grab 1-0 win.

West Brom 0-3 Blackpool

best perfromance in the league so far, and a well deserved clean sheet, took 41 minutes to take the lead, which was deserved from Bassong, as Sanogo missed 3 or 4 chances.. then 2 late game goals to finish it off, one an own goal after Sinclairs shot is saved, and a defender falls over the keeper knocking the ball in on 82.

and a superb defence splitting pass from Sanogo to play in Fierro on the 90 to wrap it up

followed up 3 days later by this superb League cup win.

Defence played superb, players were passing the ball about a bit more, hence the first 2 goals from both wingers, the long balls to the front players have been great.

the Penalty was frustrating as the ball went in the net when play was pulled back :(

ex-liverpool defender scored late from a corner, and welbeck scored after some great passes into the area.

A116D4C572D70B1ABB66F2FCEDE0CF40008D23A2

27/01/2018

Mainz 3-1 Gladbach

Nothing spectacular. Went behind to an early goal through a defensive error then pummelled them for 85 minutes.

Equalised with a close-range effort by Ukrainian striker Berezutskiy and went in level at half-time. Spanish striker Rodriguez came off the bench to play at AML on around the hour mark, and put us ahead within 10 minutes of coming on, running at the defence, getting into the box, and beating the keeper for power at the near post. Centre-back Quintana then sealed the win late on with a scrappy goal after a scramble from a corner.

Top by 4 points after 18 games.

MK Dons 5 - 2 Barnsley (League One - 2013/14)

Started the game with Guiseley, stormed to the BSP, half way through the second season and i'm offered the QPR job. Didn't take it, took the Dons job instead though as it seemed more of a challenge. (Saved it before I left though, will continue my 'Guiseley to the Prem' season later)

They scored two in the first half to my zero, Done and C.Davies scoring against my side who'd not lost in 4 but have been very on/off so far. Big money troubles and have been bringing in old reliables on cheap one year contracts to sort out the side. (Phillips and Ormerod signed and released within 3 months, Robbie Blake tearing it up, Danny Shittu underperforming and Sonko doing ok, along with George Boateng) I've also somehow been offered Hulse and Owen, both of whom are on £3k a week till the end of next season. Not bad!

Anyway, Junior (former Man City youth, loaned in from Everton) creates everything, Daniel Powell, Blake, Sonko, Marcello Trotta and George Boateng with the goals. Love it, the bollocking at half time seemed to work!

• 2 weeks later...

My First champions league final:

ZRDrW.png

I had to beat Real Madrid and AC Milan in previous rounds to reach this. I really didn't expect to win. as 2 of my key players were injured and my first choice Centre-mid was banned. Moussa (Attacking midfielder newgen, good stats but very inconsistent) came in as a replacement for James Rodriguez, got injured in the first minute. He managed to continue, later scoring a goal to cement our lead. Yaya Sanogo then ripped apart the opposition defence in what was the best game of his career.

Just got this result in my current game. 5 Seasons bringing my local lower league side to the Prem I had switched over to Liverpool to see if I could win the league. So far things have been going well, the result below coming from a top of the table clash with City only 3 points behind my Liverpool side. Played on the 2nd of Jan after a tough winter schedule of games. I had used my reserve team to get through some easier winter games while Man City had been playing their first team.

[video=youtube;oWunZyF_kmQ]

My team is playing 4-3-3 and with Andy Carroll in the squad I've been focusing on Attacking Set pieces and making sure all corners are pointed at the back post which he is attacking.

Tottenham 1-3 Blackpool - league cup semi

scorers for me

chamakh 10

Bassong 21

wallace sent off 51

maicon 78

and theirs

oyenuga 58

a good match for me, Fierro was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet he had a few cleared off the line. sort of approrate for ex arsenal to score against spurs as well as an ex spurs player. as well as hitting the woodwork 3 times

FC Hjörring - Thisted FC = 1-2.

A mediocre game against already relegated Hjörring, a narrow escape coming back from behind. Last match of a slightly disappointing season in which Thisted finished 5th, just as in the previous season, in Danish First Division while promotion was on the cards for a long time.

Archived