Neil Brock "in the game"

I have a newgen by the name of Neil Brock. Coincidence I first thought, then noticed the following.

- From Oxford, and a Newcastle supporter, I'm pretty certain both of those are true IRL.

He's fairly decent, not technically the best but he's ambitious and hard-working. We are going to have to teach the lad to concentrate a bit though, and its fair to say he won't be winning many aeriel duels. Still, we'll give him a go and I'm sure he'll be happy to be at Sunderland :lol: ... sorry Neil ;)

1640605955_NeilBrockattributes.thumb.JPG.578846af4e5a9674d80a8fb66101ae3f.JPG

331111671_NBplace.thumb.JPG.97e21a17ec126f7b5a6f5cf366f96e6a.JPG

There's quite a few SI staff and others in the game. I know researchers get a form to fill out if we want to be added to the regen pool each year. 

Never seen my regen version of myself amount to anything sadly. Having done a quick forum search it seems I peaked back in 2013.

You can find all players who are affiliated with SI (or at least are added to the regen pool) by searching for "faceinthegame" in the search bar. I had a really talented Neil Brock a while back, but he started to skip training and had to be shipped out.

• SI Staff
19 hours ago, Lord Rowell said:

I have a newgen by the name of Neil Brock. Coincidence I first thought, then noticed the following.

- From Oxford, and a Newcastle supporter, I'm pretty certain both of those are true IRL.

He's fairly decent, not technically the best but he's ambitious and hard-working. We are going to have to teach the lad to concentrate a bit though, and its fair to say he won't be winning many aeriel duels. Still, we'll give him a go and I'm sure he'll be happy to be at Sunderland :lol: ... sorry Neil ;)

1640605955_NeilBrockattributes.thumb.JPG.578846af4e5a9674d80a8fb66101ae3f.JPG

331111671_NBplace.thumb.JPG.97e21a17ec126f7b5a6f5cf366f96e6a.JPG

Sell him. Before the weekly injuries set in. 

• Administrators

I think for the first time I can ever remember I've had a 'Neil Brock' come through in my 'home' save and he's actually not that bad. I almost signed him but I think he may have stagnated at my own club so decided to pass.

Just signed for Brighton for £16m :D :( 

nb_nb.jpg

13 hours ago, XaW said:

You can find all players who are affiliated with SI (or at least are added to the regen pool) by searching for "faceinthegame" in the search bar. I had a really talented Neil Brock a while back, but he started to skip training and had to be shipped out.

I have 549 results for "faceinthegame." How are there so many?

image.thumb.png.4ddc4ee33fb53769233d6b95f99b2f60.png

23 minutes ago, Weston said:

I have 549 results for "faceinthegame." How are there so many?

What @enigmatic said. If you look at the names you might recognise quite a few on this forum...

Em 08/04/2019 em 02:58, XaW disse:

I knew that some staffs were in the game but I didn't there was a search name for them. Great, in my save, Neil Brock didn't have the luck to get a good potential haha

• Administrators
17 hours ago, jlammi said:

I have Neil Brock from my youth academy (ManU), CA/PA 95/149 and hes now 17. feb 2021. Hes strikers played 20 non competitve games and scored 10 goals.

Don't worry, I'm sure he's injury prone and unprofessional and will never reach that glorious PA :D 

12 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Don't worry, I'm sure he's injury prone and unprofessional and will never reach that glorious PA :D 

Neil, the face of your Neil Brock, and mine look very similar - not identical as mine is a bit more baby-faced, being only 18 whereas yours is 21. Would I be right in thinking these faces have been hard-coded?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Lord Rowell said:

Neil, the face of your Neil Brock, and mine look very similar - not identical as mine is a bit more baby-faced, being only 18 whereas yours is 21. Would I be right in thinking these faces have been hard-coded?

I would need to check but would be surprised if they were hard coded to specific 'newgen' names, such as the faceinthegame newgens. 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

I would need to check but would be surprised if they were hard coded to specific 'newgen' names, such as the faceinthegame newgens. 

Some versions ago there were an edt-file or something that could be filled out to "make" yourself available as a newgen. In that one we could enter the basic things like hair colour and the stuff. Maybe the same is set for the faceinthegame?

• Administrators
16 hours ago, XaW said:

Some versions ago there were an edt-file or something that could be filled out to "make" yourself available as a newgen. In that one we could enter the basic things like hair colour and the stuff. Maybe the same is set for the faceinthegame?

Then whoever has done it has done it wrong, as my hair is definitely not brown :D 

• 2 weeks later...
В 08.04.2019 в 08:07, santy001 сказал:

I know researchers get a form to fill out if we want to be added to the regen pool each year. 

Is it form in Database and Research subforum?

8 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

I've grown. Get in.

I signed 'you' from Boreham Wood in my game (along with a load of other newgens with great attributes / high potential in the Boreham Wood youth team). I don't post on here much though so had no idea I'd actually signed a member of staff.

Looking at the list of newgens in the 'faceinthegame' list and noticed Ramiro Rolon Martinez - he was absolutely class for me in FM17! Didn't realise he was staff either.

Are the newgens positions hardcoded into the game? Just the Seb Wassell in my game is a central midfielder too, and the Ramiro Rolon Martinez is an Attacking Midfielder same as in FM17.

Edit - Ossie Robinson came through as a newgen in my youth team in FM18. Weird seeing newgens from old games again!

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, Nyron said:

I signed 'you' from Boreham Wood in my game (along with a load of other newgens with great attributes / high potential in the Boreham Wood youth team). I don't post on here much though so had no idea I'd actually signed a member of staff.

Looking at the list of newgens in the 'faceinthegame' list and noticed Ramiro Rolon Martinez - he was absolutely class for me in FM17! Didn't realise he was staff either.

Are the newgens positions hardcoded into the game? Just the Seb Wassell in my game is a central midfielder too, and the Ramiro Rolon Martinez is an Attacking Midfielder same as in FM17.

Edit - Ossie Robinson came through as a newgen in my youth team in FM18. Weird seeing newgens from old games again!

Yep, positions (natural only), date/place of birth, height/weight (although clearly this can change, eg. me growing), favourite team and a few other things are consistent between saves.

Archived