Agility +1
Balance +1
Nat fitness +1
Pace +2
Stamina +2
Strenght +1

[He deserved a massive upgrade]

5 hours ago, chad2192 said:

I'm at work but if anyone could note any Man Utd changes that would be great. Would be curious how the researcher has looked at things since Ole has taken over.

first one I noticed  is that Sanchez went from 165 ca  to 157 ca 

attribute changes are:

aggression -2

acceleration -1

agility -1

dribbling -2

tackling -2

and maybe some hidden attributes, I don't have the in game editor activated to check

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:45, chad2192 said:

I'm at work but if anyone could note any Man Utd changes that would be great. Would be curious how the researcher has looked at things since Ole has taken over.

Most notable changes are

- Rashford now has a fixed potential which fans will be pleased with. McTominay also has a fixed potential. Shaw's potential is also capped at a lower level, which I actually tend to agree with; I think we're seeing the best of Shaw now and he's not likely to become less one footed or a good crosser in future

- Sanchez downgrade mentioned above. Possibly not by enough...

- Lindelöf got mentally stronger and is now United's best defender

- Bailly got a significant downgrade with some mental flaws introduced into his game, though he still has higher anticipation and more potential than I think he deserves. 

- Lukaku got the first touch downgrade everybody asked for

- Fred didn't suffer too much, and Valencia's downgrade wasn't huge either

- Dalot, Chong, Gomes, Garner and Greenwood are each in their own way closer to the first team, whilst Gribbin is somewhat less likely to feature in it.

Most disappointing aspect is that loads of hidden mental attributes are still completely random. But maybe Nick didn't see my moans about that. :D 

3 hours ago, enigmatic said:

Most notable changes are

- Rashford now has a fixed potential which fans will be pleased with. McTominay also has a fixed potential. Shaw's potential is also capped at a lower level, which I actually tend to agree with; I think we're seeing the best of Shaw now and he's not likely to become less one footed or a good crosser in future

- Sanchez downgrade mentioned above. Possibly not by enough...

- Lindelöf got mentally stronger and is now United's best defender

- Bailly got a significant downgrade with some mental flaws introduced into his game, though he still has higher anticipation and more potential than I think he deserves. 

- Lukaku got the first touch downgrade everybody asked for

- Fred didn't suffer too much, and Valencia's downgrade wasn't huge either

- Dalot, Chong, Gomes, Garner and Greenwood are each in their own way closer to the first team, whilst Gribbin is somewhat less likely to feature in it.

Most disappointing aspect is that loads of hidden mental attributes are still completely random. But maybe Nick didn't see my moans about that. :D 

Well that's a start, I can always go in and make some changes myself haha

Sorry guys but I'm not really understanding the point of this post as there will have been a lot of changes Im sure

If there is a change you agree with then great

If there is a change you disagree with then its best discussed with the researcher in the relevant club data forum though I suspect there can be no changes now until the FM2020 data is worked on

52 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Sorry guys but I'm not really understanding the point of this post as there will have been a lot of changes Im sure

If there is a change you agree with then great

If there is a change you disagree with then its best discussed with the researcher in the relevant club data forum though I suspect there can be no changes now until the FM2020 data is worked on

I like threads like this because one of the first things I do personally after a database update is scan through a lot of teams. I look at who I'd expect to have either improved or had their attributes reworked. You might've passed up a player before who has improved/has a different attribute spread, or a team may have new options tactically for a new save.

My random contribution is Ruben Aguilar at Montpellier who looked pretty good before, but now looks like a really quality right back for most teams. Also Robert Skov at Copenhagen, fantastic long shots and free kick attributes(deserved from what I've seen!)

1 minuto fa, Nil14 ha scritto:

I'm interested in Aouar, NDombele and Riqui Puig. Have there been any changes in attributes and CA/PA?

PD: I play FMT so no update for me at the moment...

Aouar:
+1 -> penalty taking
+1-> composure
+1 -> decisions
+1 -> off the ball
+1 -> work rate

-1 -> long throws

CA

Spoiler

136 -> 139

PA

Spoiler

165 -> 169

Hate when players like Morata get butchered for not fitting into a team/system/manager with a downgrade in stats like finishing from 16 last year to 13 and now 11. Then the likes of Calvert-Lewin 70 app in 3yrs & only 10 goals and he has finishing of 14. Morata's back scoring again in Spain...... short memories of his times at Real & Juve? He had an overall official PL shot accuracy of 44%, Lewin's is 36%. Then you have the likes of Callum Wilson (shooting accuracy of 41%) gets upgraded to 17 (seriously 17) due to a bit of hype and a potential move. To much is made of short term runs in/out of form to bump up or knock down a player's stats. Look at Man Utd pre and post Ole, how many were looking to downgrade all their players, then with a new manager/tactics and most all players transform and up their game.

On 04/03/2019 at 21:42, JIMBOFMCD said:

Hate when players like Morata get butchered for not fitting into a team/system/manager with a downgrade in stats like finishing from 16 last year to 13 and now 11. Then the likes of Calvert-Lewin 70 app in 3yrs & only 10 goals and he has finishing of 14. Morata's back scoring again in Spain...... short memories of his times at Real & Juve? He had an overall official PL shot accuracy of 44%, Lewin's is 36%. Then you have the likes of Callum Wilson (shooting accuracy of 41%) gets upgraded to 17 (seriously 17) due to a bit of hype and a potential move. To much is made of short term runs in/out of form to bump up or knock down a player's states. Look at Man Utd pre and post Ole, how many were looking to downgrade all their players, then with a new manager/tactics and most all players transform and up their game.

I feel the same, I personally don't get why for example Lukaku had to be downgraded that much. Just the fact that if you think about it these players were being examined for about the entirety of their careers, and just because Morata and Lukaku had bad spells with their respective managers for half a year or maybe a little bit more, they now have to be worse players. Can it be that two of the most defensive managers (Mourinho, Conte) had a hand in the situation?

2 hours ago, robot_skeleton said:

I feel the same, I personally don't get why for example Lukaku had to be downgraded that much. Just the fact that if you think about it these players were being examined for about the entirety of their careers, and just because Morata and Lukaku had bad spells with their respective managers for half a year or maybe a little bit more, they now have to be worse players. Can it be that two of the most defensive managers (Mourinho, Conte) had a hand in the situation?

Lukaku's rated just fine. He's one of the better strikers in the division, has very tactically useful levels of pace and jumping allied to solid mentals, is arguably more consistent and better at handling pressure than real life and has plenty of room to improve.

He's never had an above average first touch, dazzling dribbling ability or been a supremely clinical finisher under any manager

On 05/03/2019 at 23:38, enigmatic said:

Lukaku's rated just fine. He's one of the better strikers in the division, has very tactically useful levels of pace and jumping allied to solid mentals, is arguably more consistent and better at handling pressure than real life and has plenty of room to improve.

He's never had an above average first touch, dazzling dribbling ability or been a supremely clinical finisher under any manager

he was fine before downgrade IMO,  13 isn't a great first touch stat as it was. How do you justify Wilson get an upgrade he's not exactly prolific or consistent. For all the research (month and years worth) on players they are quick to change players on short term form (either in or out of form) and hype. I say hype as Wilson's increase can only be down to potential moves. He been good but not to the level of increase he's had.

Callum Wilson will have been done by a different researcher, but the guy already has more goals this season than last, and making the national team and having big clubs interested in a player is a pretty obvious reason to ensure a player has a high enough level of ability for potential callups and big club interest in FM

He is currently on 10 PL goals 2 more than last. Based his stats he's due 4 more taking him to 14. So would only 6 more than last. Think his stats and ability before the update were good and on par, with an increase in potential only needed now.

1 hour ago, niletaylor said:

The downgrade of Morata's stats are a disgrace! whoever decided that needs sacking. 

Decisions about attributes are made by volunteer researchers.  While their opinion may differ from yours, they do not merit this level of abuse, so no more, please

I feel bad for whoever's primarily responsible for determining Lukaku's attributes. Half the time he looks like that First Touch downgrade was deserved, and then other times (for example the past 3 games) he looks every bit the top class striker and technically underrated on FM. 

21 hours ago, zlatanera said:

I feel bad for whoever's primarily responsible for determining Lukaku's attributes. Half the time he looks like that First Touch downgrade was deserved, and then other times (for example the past 3 games) he looks every bit the top class striker and technically underrated on FM. 

Kenwyne Jones was very much the same problem at a far lower CA point than Lukaku. It's just the nature of the beast, extremely difficult to capture the nature of some players. 

Too many short term attribute changes being made. Not like 20 years ago where they got alot of their scouting right and we knew players before they became world class.

Now its like based on media hype etc and not the exact reflection of their ability. 

On 01/03/2019 at 11:22, Corndog69 said:

Piatek finishing 2000

Well, if he is English his PA would be 199, and CA 195, and since he is not, oh well... I am not saying that his PA and CA should be that or even close, but right now, some Kane from some Tottenham is rated higher than him. If Kane is not English, and if SI is not heavily overrating ALL English players for decades, Kane's PA and CA would never be over 150...

After the update:
Some Kane: CA 183; PA 185
A real quality striker - Piatek: CA 143; PA 159

5 minuti fa, benefactor_r ha scritto:

Well, if he is English his PA would be 199, and CA 195, and since he is not, oh well... I am not saying that his PA and CA should be that or even close, but right now, some Kane from some Tottenham is rated higher than him. If Kane is not English, and if SI is not heavily overrating ALL English players for decades, Kane's PA and CA would never be over 150...

After the update:
Some Kane: 
A real quality striker - Piatek: 

I agree in part with what you said but Kane is a good player and showed way more than Piatek. I even agree to not upgrade massively players but to wait if they are constant. 
Piatek at the FM18 winter update, beginning of FM19 and now:
CA

Spoiler

107 -> 133 -> 143

PA

Spoiler

125 -> 150 -> 159

Not that bad imo.

That guy called Kane, playing for some team called Tottenham (I am deliberately writing this way) is just the most extreme example of all English players being heavily overrated. The same problem since CM days. Not sure if 183 CA is laughable or for crying as it destroys the game we love. Yes, it is an English company, yes the UK is the main market, but it is shameful. Also, 40 CA points difference to Piatek is utterly outrageous. 

46 minutes ago, benefactor_r said:

That guy called Kane, playing for some team called Tottenham (I am deliberately writing this way) is just the most extreme example of all English players being heavily overrated. The same problem since CM days. Not sure if 183 CA is laughable or for crying as it destroys the game we love. Yes, it is an English company, yes the UK is the main market, but it is shameful. Also, 40 CA points difference to Piatek is utterly outrageous. 

Kane has done far more in his career so far to warrant a high CA than Piatek has.

Piatek had a really good season in Poland that got him a move to Genoa and has definitely looked good since the move, but he hasn't played that much in his time in Italy, 30 games in 1.5 seasons, and his goalscoring record is very good but he has a habit of scoring against weaker teams and disappearing against stronger ones. Add in that he's only made 2 appearances for Poland despite breaking through in the country nearly 4 years ago.

Kane on the other hand broke through at club level 5 years ago, has scored 159 goals since, has only had 1 season where he's scored less than 30 goals in all competitions, plays in a league with far fewer soft games, has led the line for his country for the last 3 years with an outstanding international goalscoring record.

Now I'm not saying that Kane is necessarily a better player, my personal attitude is that in a couple of years Piatek could very well be a more competent player than Kane is, but right now Kane has shown far more to warrant a high rating than Piatek has.

Also, it's not like Piatek is bad. At his current starting CA his is good enough to get regular starts for almost any club in Europe and his PA is high enough that if he reaches it he'll comfortably be good enough for a starting position at any club. It's not like he's being hard done by!

14 hours ago, benefactor_r said:

I'm happy to help you understand this matter further.

All players for Tottenham are rated specifically by a Tottenham researcher, he only does the stats for the Tottenham team. SI provide no guidance for the stats of any player he rates, they provide no rules, no conditions, make no demands. They provide him with a data file, they provide a loose framework of where they see Tottenham fitting in within the English structure overall (which researchers are free to challenge) and say "Have at it, send the file back to us by the deadline"

So the Tottenham researcher goes away and rates his players, and he is chosen because he watches Tottenham more than the rest of us on the research team.

- - -

Meanwhile, assuming you're on about Piatek at Milan well then the Italian research team has someone who will set the stats of players for Genoa. SI/Italy's head researcher will make the file available to the researcher who oversees Genoa and they provide no guidance for the stats of any player he rates, they provide no rules, no conditions, make no demands. They will provide a data file, they will provide a loose framework of where they see Genoa fitting in within the Italian structure overall (which researchers are free to challenge) and say "Have at it, send the file back to us by the deadline" but in Italian.

So the Genoa researcher goes away and rates his players, and he is chosen because he watches Genoa more than the rest of us on the research team.

- - -

Imagine for a moment, how difficult, how much extra work, how much additional financial cost it would be to co-ordinate a team of 1200 researchers to fabricate a situation in which English players shine out unjustly so. 

Secondly, imagine for a moment that if you really thought this was true, we'd do it with CA. Honestly, if we wanted to make all English players gods within this game we'd bang them in at 140-150CA so they slip under players notice and turn up some of the stuff you don't get to see in game and doesn't stand out as much when looking at headline figures. 

The reality is Piatek has been rated on his career to date at the time of the research window. Which is seemingly an average season in Poland, a good season in Poland and a strong half season with Genoa. In that same time frame, Harry Kane has been scoring a lot more at a higher level. It's almost as though he's a couple years older and developed a bit more than Piatek has. 

To my knowledge there's only been one issue of potentially cynical (in my opinion, don't infer anything about what SI thought from this) overrating players. It was done with youth players at a club, and it was over a decade ago. But it was before my time as a researcher (if memory serves me right I began in like April 2011) so all I can say is that person isn't involved in the research anymore. 

There is a guideline related to overall CA/PA, or perhaps English researchers have more freedom than the rest? Or that could be what you call a loose framework. Also, such a framework can be very flawed since we see ridiculous situations in which the English national team wins a competition, or English players winning the best player awards, etc. Not to mention English teams winning all European competitions over and over again whenever you start a new save.

People were posting here for years how all English players and teams are overrated, and the customers' concerns were shunned just to please English fanboys. And after every release, we will see new posts, and eventually, they will be deleted or ignored.

Finally, it still doesn't explain how some random English chap called Kane playing for some random English side called Tottenham (and once again, deliberately writing this way), has CA 40 points more than Piatek. And it is VERY sad if a Tottenham SI Researcher is only watching Tottenham. Sad because he/she is watching terrible football, but also because he/she would miss on a broader and comparative perspective.

Archived