Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
knap

FM 20 Tactic List and FM 19 Recommended Tactic List

Recommended Posts

13 minutos atrás, Hakim82903 disse:

Can you send the link, thanks knap 

FMT = Football Manager Touch, its a version compatible with tablets, its more of a fast approach to the game than the classic one, less talks almost no media, just chose the tac, chose the players or ask the AM to chose it and play. u can do a whole season in about 6h or less is u use instant result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DarkAxe said:

This is the most frustrating version of FM or CM I have ever played! The idea is to get your players to adapt a system, train hard and accept a philosophy. You can have a great or even steady pre-season, leaving you with optimism for the competitive games. But it seems as soon as you start the year it all goes out of the window. I've had saves with Sheffield Wed (my team), Newcastle, Ajax and Leipzig; aside from Wednesday (who I got promoted and stayed four years in the Prem), each save has been a catalogue of misery. I've tried pretty much every tactic in this thread, with varying success. Nothing promotes consistency amongst the players. You can train individual roles, get the best staff, say and do all the right things and still it's a monumental struggle. I've had some great wins - 7:2 v Palace; an extra-time cup win v Arsenal; and some absolute shockers. But the hardest thing to cope with is the bookings, reds and injuries. Five+ bookings per game, even without Get Stuck In, reds after 2/3 mins, and you can have the deepest squad in every area bar one and bet your life both your first  and second choice will get cruciate ligament or broken ankle injuries. I don't profess to be the greatest player of this game. I've only ever created two successful, but unpublished tactics, and generally rely on set-ups from the forums, but I've always enjoyed playing FM. It's marvellous escapism, but there has to be an element of fairness to it. I don't want or expect to win every game, even with Hazza's Match Engine Exploiter I never had 100% success, but I don't want to feel like my team have a chance no better than the toss of a coin. It's unfair and demoralising. And I'll go so far as to say that I doubt, unless there's a huge improvement, or step back to immensely playable match engines, that I'll ever buy another version of this game. I'm an old fart. I've been at this 'hobby' for years. All the way back to Brian Clough's Football Fortunes. But this is really, really frustrating to play.

I think we've all likely felt this way over the years about one version or another (FM07 was my own individual nadir - nearly broke my forehead from hitting it off the screen!) and I know that when you get to that low of an ebb, people suggesting things can be even more frustrating (because it feels like you've tried everything) but there's a fair few people (myself and Knap two quick easy examples) happy to try and help you get the fun back into your game without any condescension/lectures about it being 'your tactics'?

Is there a bit in particular that's beating you - can see you're struggling but is it 'in-game/mid-match' you're struggling or is it more off the field in terms of squad building/training? Or does it all suck and you know the problem is somewhere and you're unsure where to turn/what to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@knap When it comes to the DMC roles for the defensive midfielder in Sicillian, and the Volantes in Sympathy, do you worry about defensive attributes at all? Would you recommend more defensive types like Mascherano, who dont do much attacking att all, or a more allround type like Docoure who is ok defensively but can also attack a bit?

What is this positions job in the tactic?

Edited by Rober82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to have an attacking player and a defensive player in midfield. I probably would not go for a total defensive player but all rounders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rober82 you’re unlikely to find a player that meets every one of these criteria but I use this as a general ‘rule of thumb’ when buying per position. Obviously depending on the role I might weight more towards passing/decisions (if looking for a creative) or positioning/heading (for defensive), but as Knap suggests (& we’re often on the same page with this sort of stuff!), these positions are usually quite versatile so a good attribute spread is very helpful (and let’s you adapt their role easily in different phases of the game);

FD42E192-DBD7-4052-BD75-139E2A938DCF.thumb.png.3fc07315335209d3e4a4f5307be15774.png

1477E43F-190A-4D94-B171-C11EEE1FFD78.png.7f4f0ccebe7305069c6e864a1a9517dc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, optimusprimal82 said:

that meets every one of these criteria

Cheers. The reason I was asking was because recently I had better ratings from using offensive players especially in the Sicillian, than the DMC types, so I`m considering trying AM players just for fun to test a bit.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few days ago, I posted an issue about shots vs shots on target ratio, and possession in home games. It's still perplexing, because I still run into those same issues on the affected saves.

However, I decided to start an Ajax save and give BeowulfP107 a shot. Now, I know Ajax isn't exactly the most difficult of teams to start with, but damn! A 4-1 demolition of PSV, with a whopping 10 CCC's, which is the highest I've ever had in a game, is definitely a success. It's only the first game, so still early days. Suffice is to say, I might just have found love for FM again.

Cheers for chucking out tactics like it was nothing, Knap. You've saved me on FM for years now hah.

 

 

Ajax.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, optimusprimal82 said:

@Rober82 you’re unlikely to find a player that meets every one of these criteria but I use this as a general ‘rule of thumb’ when buying per position. Obviously depending on the role I might weight more towards passing/decisions (if looking for a creative) or positioning/heading (for defensive), but as Knap suggests (& we’re often on the same page with this sort of stuff!), these positions are usually quite versatile so a good attribute spread is very helpful (and let’s you adapt their role easily in different phases of the game);

FD42E192-DBD7-4052-BD75-139E2A938DCF.thumb.png.3fc07315335209d3e4a4f5307be15774.png

1477E43F-190A-4D94-B171-C11EEE1FFD78.png.7f4f0ccebe7305069c6e864a1a9517dc.png

Can you share this spreadsheet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jdubsnz said:

First game Beowulf 107!

2019-12-23.thumb.png.41dbd36b7df26a861b0184fa07e8affe.png

Second game and switched to Argus at half time as was 3-0 down. Wasn't expecting much from this game (only second season Arsenal) but we hit the post 3 times so could have been different

 

1078634168_2019-12-23(1).thumb.png.802caaa6d39f1ee41148505b39292ba5.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, knap said:

Bugün Yıldız Savaşları.

Birisi beta 4231 veya 4411'i denemek isterse bunları gönderirim.

 

I would like to try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, optimusprimal82 said:

I think we've all likely felt this way over the years about one version or another (FM07 was my own individual nadir - nearly broke my forehead from hitting it off the screen!) and I know that when you get to that low of an ebb, people suggesting things can be even more frustrating (because it feels like you've tried everything) but there's a fair few people (myself and Knap two quick easy examples) happy to try and help you get the fun back into your game without any condescension/lectures about it being 'your tactics'?

Is there a bit in particular that's beating you - can see you're struggling but is it 'in-game/mid-match' you're struggling or is it more off the field in terms of squad building/training? Or does it all suck and you know the problem is somewhere and you're unsure where to turn/what to do?

Squad training and building is a breeze. I'm identifying weaknesses, filling the gaps, bringing in talent... and giving them games so that they gel. I managed to squeeze 16 friendlies in for Leipzig (won 14, lost 2), but as soon as the season starts its yellows and reds all over the show and like they've never met each other.

My Wednesday team, after I got them promoted, struggled in mid-table for four years. Now I'm not expecting to turn them into Liverpool or Man City, but there was next to no progress. Even after building up a healthy transfer kitty and buying better quality players, the results were still very hit and miss. A Carabao Cup game against Crewe - played a strong side, dominated the match, 30 shots, 15 on target - Crewe had 0 shots and won on pens. We've all had bad beats over the years but no matter how strong my side is or how weak the opponents are, it's still a coin toss whether I get any kind of result. I broke the Prem season record for discipline in January! Full-backs will get booked every game.

Opposing goalkeepers with ratings of 6.5 or worse will suddenly turn into world beaters against me. I usually have to average 5/6 shots on target to score and then their donkey CD will knock a 70 yard pass into space for a 93rd minute winner.

I know I sound bitter and there probably is a solution or two out there, but I'm really getting to the point where it's hard to care any more. It's just not enjoyable to play because EVERY match contains some unrealistic nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are my results using a mix of both Stargazing and Sicilian, I know nothing was changed since the latest update buy last lot of results were not as good ever since the update:

1325235717_Ligue1Conforama_Stages.thumb.png.40e8ce4e6e18ca9175706503dd1115ad.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using Sicilian since yesterday and am now consolidated around 5th/6th in Prem playing as Derby County . There are some real freak results still mind , Beating Chelsea who were 3rd 5-1 but losing 2-1 to Mansfield in the Cup . I think we all strive for consistency but the game is designed to sack you after smallish bad runs i feel so planning for the furure by signing youngsters as my board want impractical 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DarkAxe said:

Squad training and building is a breeze. I'm identifying weaknesses, filling the gaps, bringing in talent... and giving them games so that they gel. I managed to squeeze 16 friendlies in for Leipzig (won 14, lost 2), but as soon as the season starts its yellows and reds all over the show and like they've never met each other.

My Wednesday team, after I got them promoted, struggled in mid-table for four years. Now I'm not expecting to turn them into Liverpool or Man City, but there was next to no progress. Even after building up a healthy transfer kitty and buying better quality players, the results were still very hit and miss. A Carabao Cup game against Crewe - played a strong side, dominated the match, 30 shots, 15 on target - Crewe had 0 shots and won on pens. We've all had bad beats over the years but no matter how strong my side is or how weak the opponents are, it's still a coin toss whether I get any kind of result. I broke the Prem season record for discipline in January! Full-backs will get booked every game.

Opposing goalkeepers with ratings of 6.5 or worse will suddenly turn into world beaters against me. I usually have to average 5/6 shots on target to score and then their donkey CD will knock a 70 yard pass into space for a 93rd minute winner.

I know I sound bitter and there probably is a solution or two out there, but I'm really getting to the point where it's hard to care any more. It's just not enjoyable to play because EVERY match contains some unrealistic nonsense.

this has been my experience so far of FM20. Pretty joyless.  Its a game, its supposed to be fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've asked if FM Base can check a few tactics post update and compare results pre and post update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If having problems in general getting results check out Mentality Matters by Optimus. This may give you more control over results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ginola1 said:

Hi @knap you have a lot of tactics on page 1, but could you please attach a picture for each tactic (maybe you do you have made it) 

Seriously not asking for a lot there.....!! LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 15 minutes, cwilcox a dit :

Seriously not asking for a lot there.....!! LOL

  Seriously When you read the first page do you understand on which tactic FM20 do you start ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ginola , scroll up a page or 2 and knap put a revised list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, ClairvoyanT said:

this site only test knaps tactics?

No. It just came back online so it needs time I guess.

Edited by Theradon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spikester said:

These are my results using a mix of both Stargazing and Sicilian, I know nothing was changed since the latest update buy last lot of results were not as good ever since the update:

1325235717_Ligue1Conforama_Stages.thumb.png.40e8ce4e6e18ca9175706503dd1115ad.png

@Spikester This the 4231 stargazing or 442 Spike?

If it's the 4231 how did your attacking players do goal wise i.e. the two winger, striker and amc?

Edited by crew2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking about trying Oxford with it being a Christmas Tree and it seems to be the highest rated by Mr L too ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, crew2 said:

@Spikester This the 4231 stargazing or 442 Spike?

If it's the 4231 how did your attacking players do goal wise i.e. the two winger, striker and amc?

It’s the 442 version buddy. I don’t think 4231 works well, but it seems like everyone wants a good 4231.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spikester said:

It’s the 442 version buddy. I don’t think 4231 works well, but it seems like everyone wants a good 4231.

Thanks pal. Ye me too. The problem with 442s or 4222s with dms is I feel life a lot of the best players in many squads need to be dropped or put into a position where they can't do as well as they do in real life in as you say a 4231. I'm just looking for a team that suits the Oxford tactic as I prefr to make no signings in the first window. Everton seem suited but I'd rather test with a sub top/top team (no offence to Everton)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tweak a 442 knap’s tactic into 4231 for the latest patch. Just now I’m running a holiday test with BVB. 
 

On my 3rd season with FC Barcelona the same tactic running amazing.

1196687393_Screenshot2019-12-23at5_42_26PM.thumb.png.46eec504978749b25ebb196f5d0496e3.png

Edited by Par1s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Par1s said:

I have tweak a 442 knap’s tactic into 4231 for the latest patch. Just now I’m running a holiday test with BVB. 
 

On my 3rd season with FC Barcelona the same tactic running amazing.

1196687393_Screenshot2019-12-23at5_42_26PM.thumb.png.46eec504978749b25ebb196f5d0496e3.png

Awesome results! Can you share the tweaked tactic? Have you tested it with any lower rep teams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 saat önce, Par1s said:

If @knap agree I will share it.

No I have no test it with other team.

Are you gonna share your tweak? I really need something works. Every tactic i have tried failed after 5 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ClairvoyanT said:

Are you gonna share your tweak? I really need something works. Every tactic i have tried failed after 5 games.

Check this thread out mate

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no objection to share my tweak but I need the approve from @knap. Be patient until Knap gives his approval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anybody know of any great tactic for the latest patch that will also get my strikers score too and win me games? ive been struggling with lille so far drawing and losing too much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...