Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, knap said:

The P107 442 is a bit more exciting than Sicilian

Of course, it was meant more as a critique to the rigid ME, not to any of your tactics which are great. Certain prerequisites seems to must be in place to get highest score. I would like to play a 433, maybe a 4231, but i always play with smaller teams so its a no go. :)
Sicillian it is.

But a patch would be great :D

3 hours ago, Theradon said:

With Dortmund I had success with Sympathy for the Devil (the original one) & with the spirit of 99. 
But against teams like Liverpool who were stronger then me I used Silician.

Won the league and the CL but lost in the cup finale against schalke...

In the second season I'll try argus now I think

On away in bundes you used symphaty? You won CL in first season? Thanks for reply :)

6 hours ago, kandersson said:

Impressive! I think I should try this again when I have better strikers, tested a bit with Fiorentina and my striker (Pedro) struggled to get chances. Maybe fast strikers work better. Do you use wrong-footed wingers? I need this type of numbers in my game :D !

Yeah, wrong footed inverted wingers. I have Greenwood on the right and Rashford on the left.

A fast striker is definitely a must for this tactic.  Martial scored 56 goals in 1 season before I sold him and bought Mbappe.

Knap, hello once again. I ve tried tactics that you recommended. It was bad ( took places from 13 to 16 in russian premier division. May be i do something wrong? May be i should tick any options? For example shouts or so on. 

Im really confused. I want to play like in fm 16, when with your tactic i got Champions League with belarusian club in five season.

I really don't know what to do. I want to play, but... this game crush my heart :) I really don't understand, what to do. May be i should do trainings? 

Yeah, i undestand that my team Fakel Voronezh is the worst in the league. May be it isn't possible at all to get place over seven in league?

May be the reason is that i play most of season in holiday mode? May be i must use any holiday tactics? Knap, what is the best tactic on holiday?

Many thank to you, Knap!

Edited by DenKo

7 minutes ago, DenKo said:

Knap, hello once again. I ve tried tactics that you recommended. It was bad ( took places from 13 to 16 in russian premier division. May be i do something wrong? May be i should tick any options? For example shouts or so on. 

Im really confused. I want to play like in fm 16, when with your tactic i got Champions League with belarusian club in five season.

I really don't know what to do. I want to play, but... this game crush my heart :) I really don't understand, what to do. May be i should do trainings? 

Yeah, i undestand that my team Fakel Voronezh is the worst in the league. May be it isn't possible at all to get place over seven in league?

Many thank to you, Knap!

FM16 and FM15 was easiest versions of all time, that will never come back

1 hour ago, DenKo said:

May be the reason is that i play most of season in holiday mode? May be i must use any holiday tactics? Knap, what is the best tactic on holiday?

Many thank to you, Knap!

Hi, Media 15/15 and Instant results :D  No transfer :)

Tactics FM20.2BEOWULF442WAFKnapP107ALLCUPS.fmf

image.thumb.png.2f04986b5342b7fc14bf52ff0dfa72cd.png

1.jpg

image.thumb.png.2099189abb6d2473a8125a2a94a587c1.png

Edited by Filrom

3 hours ago, dywan said:

On away in bundes you used symphaty? You won CL in first season? Thanks for reply :)

Hey,

I used in the first half of the season sympathy in any match and in the second half spirit of 99 in every match, except for some matches against Teams, that are a lot stronger like Man City or Liverpool. But yea, I won the CL in the final against Liverpool (used Silician) in the first season. 

Edited by Theradon

18 минут назад, DenKo сказал:

Ok, will spend all transfer budget on assistant manager :))

gorod na Buuuugom ;)

If you play on holidat, try to set all Ass attribute to 20 through FMRTE, your Ass have hidden tactical atributes, which can be seen and edited only trough FMRTE. But I 'm not sure it 's going to affect.

5 hours ago, Hakim82903 said:

Is there a Sicilian SUS tactic ?

4 hours ago, knap said:

I've not done a SUS yet

I've not played much of FM20 yet, but have it on (very) good authority (from Knap himself!) that the ME isn't too different to 19 so suspect this advice should still ring true - easy enough to make your own SUS from any tactic if you follow these general guidelines (needless to say i'll be testing my old methods out over the next few weeks and will update if/as required);

image.thumb.png.8630d46d15eeca2eb564e80849f7f719.png

Just remember that if you change to SUS too early, you risk handing the initiative over to the opposition, and if you're a few goals ahead and the opposition start coming back it's very hard to then kill off that momentum; Depends how strong your team is, but unless you're a top 4/equivalent side, having a 'middle ground' between your regular tactic and a SUS can also help.

31 minutes ago, Theradon said:

Hey,

I used in the first half of the season sympathy in any match and in the second half spirit of 99 in every match, except for some matches against Teams, that are a lot stronger like Man City or Liverpool. But yea, I won the CL in the final against Liverpool (used Silician) in the first season. 

Spirit 99? What is this :D I don't see such tactic, sorry for many questions, but I'm perfectionist and I want to try your way :)

35 minutes ago, balie02 said:

I believe its to do with when man utd won champions league in 99

Yea

its this tactic: https://fm-base.co.uk/resources/4-4-1-1-spirit-of-99.170/
Haaland scored a lot of goals with this.

I think u can either use this or the sympathy for the full season. I just switched because I wanted to try another tactic.

Edited by Theradon

This is the most frustrating version of FM or CM I have ever played! The idea is to get your players to adapt a system, train hard and accept a philosophy. You can have a great or even steady pre-season, leaving you with optimism for the competitive games. But it seems as soon as you start the year it all goes out of the window. I've had saves with Sheffield Wed (my team), Newcastle, Ajax and Leipzig; aside from Wednesday (who I got promoted and stayed four years in the Prem), each save has been a catalogue of misery. I've tried pretty much every tactic in this thread, with varying success. Nothing promotes consistency amongst the players. You can train individual roles, get the best staff, say and do all the right things and still it's a monumental struggle. I've had some great wins - 7:2 v Palace; an extra-time cup win v Arsenal; and some absolute shockers. But the hardest thing to cope with is the bookings, reds and injuries. Five+ bookings per game, even without Get Stuck In, reds after 2/3 mins, and you can have the deepest squad in every area bar one and bet your life both your first  and second choice will get cruciate ligament or broken ankle injuries. I don't profess to be the greatest player of this game. I've only ever created two successful, but unpublished tactics, and generally rely on set-ups from the forums, but I've always enjoyed playing FM. It's marvellous escapism, but there has to be an element of fairness to it. I don't want or expect to win every game, even with Hazza's Match Engine Exploiter I never had 100% success, but I don't want to feel like my team have a chance no better than the toss of a coin. It's unfair and demoralising. And I'll go so far as to say that I doubt, unless there's a huge improvement, or step back to immensely playable match engines, that I'll ever buy another version of this game. I'm an old fart. I've been at this 'hobby' for years. All the way back to Brian Clough's Football Fortunes. But this is really, really frustrating to play.

13 minutos atrás, Hakim82903 disse:

Can you send the link, thanks knap 

FMT = Football Manager Touch, its a version compatible with tablets, its more of a fast approach to the game than the classic one, less talks almost no media, just chose the tac, chose the players or ask the AM to chose it and play. u can do a whole season in about 6h or less is u use instant result. 

23 minutes ago, DarkAxe said:

This is the most frustrating version of FM or CM I have ever played! The idea is to get your players to adapt a system, train hard and accept a philosophy. You can have a great or even steady pre-season, leaving you with optimism for the competitive games. But it seems as soon as you start the year it all goes out of the window. I've had saves with Sheffield Wed (my team), Newcastle, Ajax and Leipzig; aside from Wednesday (who I got promoted and stayed four years in the Prem), each save has been a catalogue of misery. I've tried pretty much every tactic in this thread, with varying success. Nothing promotes consistency amongst the players. You can train individual roles, get the best staff, say and do all the right things and still it's a monumental struggle. I've had some great wins - 7:2 v Palace; an extra-time cup win v Arsenal; and some absolute shockers. But the hardest thing to cope with is the bookings, reds and injuries. Five+ bookings per game, even without Get Stuck In, reds after 2/3 mins, and you can have the deepest squad in every area bar one and bet your life both your first  and second choice will get cruciate ligament or broken ankle injuries. I don't profess to be the greatest player of this game. I've only ever created two successful, but unpublished tactics, and generally rely on set-ups from the forums, but I've always enjoyed playing FM. It's marvellous escapism, but there has to be an element of fairness to it. I don't want or expect to win every game, even with Hazza's Match Engine Exploiter I never had 100% success, but I don't want to feel like my team have a chance no better than the toss of a coin. It's unfair and demoralising. And I'll go so far as to say that I doubt, unless there's a huge improvement, or step back to immensely playable match engines, that I'll ever buy another version of this game. I'm an old fart. I've been at this 'hobby' for years. All the way back to Brian Clough's Football Fortunes. But this is really, really frustrating to play.

I think we've all likely felt this way over the years about one version or another (FM07 was my own individual nadir - nearly broke my forehead from hitting it off the screen!) and I know that when you get to that low of an ebb, people suggesting things can be even more frustrating (because it feels like you've tried everything) but there's a fair few people (myself and Knap two quick easy examples) happy to try and help you get the fun back into your game without any condescension/lectures about it being 'your tactics'?

Is there a bit in particular that's beating you - can see you're struggling but is it 'in-game/mid-match' you're struggling or is it more off the field in terms of squad building/training? Or does it all suck and you know the problem is somewhere and you're unsure where to turn/what to do?

@knap When it comes to the DMC roles for the defensive midfielder in Sicillian, and the Volantes in Sympathy, do you worry about defensive attributes at all? Would you recommend more defensive types like Mascherano, who dont do much attacking att all, or a more allround type like Docoure who is ok defensively but can also attack a bit?

What is this positions job in the tactic?

Edited by Rober82

@Rober82 you’re unlikely to find a player that meets every one of these criteria but I use this as a general ‘rule of thumb’ when buying per position. Obviously depending on the role I might weight more towards passing/decisions (if looking for a creative) or positioning/heading (for defensive), but as Knap suggests (& we’re often on the same page with this sort of stuff!), these positions are usually quite versatile so a good attribute spread is very helpful (and let’s you adapt their role easily in different phases of the game);

FD42E192-DBD7-4052-BD75-139E2A938DCF.thumb.png.3fc07315335209d3e4a4f5307be15774.png

1477E43F-190A-4D94-B171-C11EEE1FFD78.png.7f4f0ccebe7305069c6e864a1a9517dc.png