Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, optimusprimal82 said:

that meets every one of these criteria

Cheers. The reason I was asking was because recently I had better ratings from using offensive players especially in the Sicillian, than the DMC types, so I`m considering trying AM players just for fun to test a bit.:lol:

A few days ago, I posted an issue about shots vs shots on target ratio, and possession in home games. It's still perplexing, because I still run into those same issues on the affected saves.

However, I decided to start an Ajax save and give BeowulfP107 a shot. Now, I know Ajax isn't exactly the most difficult of teams to start with, but damn! A 4-1 demolition of PSV, with a whopping 10 CCC's, which is the highest I've ever had in a game, is definitely a success. It's only the first game, so still early days. Suffice is to say, I might just have found love for FM again.

Cheers for chucking out tactics like it was nothing, Knap. You've saved me on FM for years now hah.

Ajax.png

1 hour ago, optimusprimal82 said:

@Rober82 you’re unlikely to find a player that meets every one of these criteria but I use this as a general ‘rule of thumb’ when buying per position. Obviously depending on the role I might weight more towards passing/decisions (if looking for a creative) or positioning/heading (for defensive), but as Knap suggests (& we’re often on the same page with this sort of stuff!), these positions are usually quite versatile so a good attribute spread is very helpful (and let’s you adapt their role easily in different phases of the game);

FD42E192-DBD7-4052-BD75-139E2A938DCF.thumb.png.3fc07315335209d3e4a4f5307be15774.png

1477E43F-190A-4D94-B171-C11EEE1FFD78.png.7f4f0ccebe7305069c6e864a1a9517dc.png

Can you share this spreadsheet!

22 minutes ago, jdubsnz said:

First game Beowulf 107!

2019-12-23.thumb.png.41dbd36b7df26a861b0184fa07e8affe.png

Second game and switched to Argus at half time as was 3-0 down. Wasn't expecting much from this game (only second season Arsenal) but we hit the post 3 times so could have been different

1078634168_2019-12-23(1).thumb.png.802caaa6d39f1ee41148505b39292ba5.png

11 hours ago, optimusprimal82 said:

I think we've all likely felt this way over the years about one version or another (FM07 was my own individual nadir - nearly broke my forehead from hitting it off the screen!) and I know that when you get to that low of an ebb, people suggesting things can be even more frustrating (because it feels like you've tried everything) but there's a fair few people (myself and Knap two quick easy examples) happy to try and help you get the fun back into your game without any condescension/lectures about it being 'your tactics'?

Is there a bit in particular that's beating you - can see you're struggling but is it 'in-game/mid-match' you're struggling or is it more off the field in terms of squad building/training? Or does it all suck and you know the problem is somewhere and you're unsure where to turn/what to do?

Squad training and building is a breeze. I'm identifying weaknesses, filling the gaps, bringing in talent... and giving them games so that they gel. I managed to squeeze 16 friendlies in for Leipzig (won 14, lost 2), but as soon as the season starts its yellows and reds all over the show and like they've never met each other.

My Wednesday team, after I got them promoted, struggled in mid-table for four years. Now I'm not expecting to turn them into Liverpool or Man City, but there was next to no progress. Even after building up a healthy transfer kitty and buying better quality players, the results were still very hit and miss. A Carabao Cup game against Crewe - played a strong side, dominated the match, 30 shots, 15 on target - Crewe had 0 shots and won on pens. We've all had bad beats over the years but no matter how strong my side is or how weak the opponents are, it's still a coin toss whether I get any kind of result. I broke the Prem season record for discipline in January! Full-backs will get booked every game.

Opposing goalkeepers with ratings of 6.5 or worse will suddenly turn into world beaters against me. I usually have to average 5/6 shots on target to score and then their donkey CD will knock a 70 yard pass into space for a 93rd minute winner.

I know I sound bitter and there probably is a solution or two out there, but I'm really getting to the point where it's hard to care any more. It's just not enjoyable to play because EVERY match contains some unrealistic nonsense.

I'm using Sicilian since yesterday and am now consolidated around 5th/6th in Prem playing as Derby County . There are some real freak results still mind , Beating Chelsea who were 3rd 5-1 but losing 2-1 to Mansfield in the Cup . I think we all strive for consistency but the game is designed to sack you after smallish bad runs i feel so planning for the furure by signing youngsters as my board want impractical 

7 minutes ago, DarkAxe said:

Squad training and building is a breeze. I'm identifying weaknesses, filling the gaps, bringing in talent... and giving them games so that they gel. I managed to squeeze 16 friendlies in for Leipzig (won 14, lost 2), but as soon as the season starts its yellows and reds all over the show and like they've never met each other.

My Wednesday team, after I got them promoted, struggled in mid-table for four years. Now I'm not expecting to turn them into Liverpool or Man City, but there was next to no progress. Even after building up a healthy transfer kitty and buying better quality players, the results were still very hit and miss. A Carabao Cup game against Crewe - played a strong side, dominated the match, 30 shots, 15 on target - Crewe had 0 shots and won on pens. We've all had bad beats over the years but no matter how strong my side is or how weak the opponents are, it's still a coin toss whether I get any kind of result. I broke the Prem season record for discipline in January! Full-backs will get booked every game.

Opposing goalkeepers with ratings of 6.5 or worse will suddenly turn into world beaters against me. I usually have to average 5/6 shots on target to score and then their donkey CD will knock a 70 yard pass into space for a 93rd minute winner.

I know I sound bitter and there probably is a solution or two out there, but I'm really getting to the point where it's hard to care any more. It's just not enjoyable to play because EVERY match contains some unrealistic nonsense.

this has been my experience so far of FM20. Pretty joyless.  Its a game, its supposed to be fun!

3 hours ago, Spikester said:

These are my results using a mix of both Stargazing and Sicilian, I know nothing was changed since the latest update buy last lot of results were not as good ever since the update:

1325235717_Ligue1Conforama_Stages.thumb.png.40e8ce4e6e18ca9175706503dd1115ad.png

@Spikester This the 4231 stargazing or 442 Spike?

If it's the 4231 how did your attacking players do goal wise i.e. the two winger, striker and amc?

Edited by crew2

15 minutes ago, crew2 said:

@Spikester This the 4231 stargazing or 442 Spike?

If it's the 4231 how did your attacking players do goal wise i.e. the two winger, striker and amc?

It’s the 442 version buddy. I don’t think 4231 works well, but it seems like everyone wants a good 4231.

2 minutes ago, Spikester said:

It’s the 442 version buddy. I don’t think 4231 works well, but it seems like everyone wants a good 4231.

Thanks pal. Ye me too. The problem with 442s or 4222s with dms is I feel life a lot of the best players in many squads need to be dropped or put into a position where they can't do as well as they do in real life in as you say a 4231. I'm just looking for a team that suits the Oxford tactic as I prefr to make no signings in the first window. Everton seem suited but I'd rather test with a sub top/top team (no offence to Everton)

I have tweak a 442 knap’s tactic into 4231 for the latest patch. Just now I’m running a holiday test with BVB. 

On my 3rd season with FC Barcelona the same tactic running amazing.

1196687393_Screenshot2019-12-23at5_42_26PM.thumb.png.46eec504978749b25ebb196f5d0496e3.png

Edited by Par1s

There is a restriction on the number of screenshots that can be posted in OP.

I post screenshots when I post a new tactic, and very easy just to download and have a look these days, rather than mediafire.

2 hours ago, Par1s said:

I have tweak a 442 knap’s tactic into 4231 for the latest patch. Just now I’m running a holiday test with BVB. 

On my 3rd season with FC Barcelona the same tactic running amazing.

1196687393_Screenshot2019-12-23at5_42_26PM.thumb.png.46eec504978749b25ebb196f5d0496e3.png

sorry quick one off topic. what skin are you using? looks great.