• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

F.C._Barreirense_logo.png

Barreirense

Table - Finances - Facilities -  Manager -  First team - U19's - Transfers

Most used Formation

Review: What a season, it was once again a hard slog but more youth got playing time and we pretty much were a mid table team all year ending up finishing in 8th. We had a few big wins and a few big losses, we just couldn't find any consistency, but in all honesty finishing in 8th was a great result and even I admit we are pushing above our weight with that result.

There were three professional teams in our group which we managed a couple of draws against, but they were ultimately too strong and filled the top three spots. Conversely we had no problems against the bottom teams, I could play a lot of youth in those games and we usually came out on the right side of the ledger.

As I looked to get rid of some tired old legs and bad personalities, our team was still rather small and Jadedness set in by November/December which was rather inconvenient, as the schedule intensified for the next 3 months playing two games a week. It was a struggle and every injury was felt twofold, the positive side is that we did rather well, always around 10th position give or take a few places. More youth got the chance to stand up as well and some look to have a bright future.

Squad personality is effecting the team really hard though, Ruben Gomes 1c was Driven when he came into the first team last year, now he is Fairly Determined :(

I released on a free about 5 players with bad personalities and I thought I had fixed it, at the start of the season the Squad Personality was Fairly Professional, a few months along the line it had reverted to Fairly Loyal though and everyone was loosing determination like One Direction albums. This is a real killer for a save like this, so out go another three players with low determination and there should only be two left in the senior team, hopefully that will help.

Other: It's really hard to make money with this club, The highest transfer bid I have received was for our best player of 1.1k, he came to me at the end of the season asking to move to a higher profile club. I answered sure, as long as their price is reasonable, to which he suggested 12k was reasonable, let's just say that talk didn't go to well.

The thing is when you get the January transfers review, most clubs in my division who sold players have been getting 200k - 500k, so I'm sticking to my guns on price, Though I triggered his contract extension for an extra 2 years, he'll likely have to be sold for 12k in a years time, or he'll leave on a free.

The board is still happy to pay for my coaching badges, in about November I should have my Continental c license,

There is progress to be seen, if only I could at least add some clauses to player sales, or get higher bids, it would be really helpful, but slow slog it is hahaha.

Edited by chocolatecoatedballs

Sale Sale Sale

We made a record sale in Fabio Pereira 1b, I think I wrangled a pretty good deal, especially compared to what had been offered, with 40% of next sale, hopefully he becomes a star!

I managed to talk the board into a youth recruitment upgrade, it will become established.

65f4962a8c4d958400ef5b8c5882a8d6.png

2020 Youth Intake

68690077019b46334a4fe34f79142e17.png

An excellent youth intake, a golden generation one in fact - although that may be due to the fact that we don't have many good players to begin with. That being said, every player here looks like they can do a job, and add much needed cover.

Petr Macha 1A*    -    Stefan Vanecek 1B*   -   Pavel Moravec 1C

Who ever said this was easy... didn't have a look at the Cesena first team which contains an ageing group of 13 players! However, we do have another 13 players in the reserves team, all of them 15 and 16 yrs old coming through the ranks of our club, so hopefully should be eneough to survive for the first season at least. We have no staff at the club at the moment so this will be our priority finding good enough assistant and head of youth development. Somehow we are predicted to finish 8th, despite being a newly promoted team. 

@theBlackPrince & @chocolatecoatedballs - sad to see your best players leaving! :(

@shaunvamos what an intake!!! Three solid stars in the making there. Have you got long term plan's for Sasinka & Pribyl, are they far off featuring from the bench?

@Muttley84 Be positive! You have a team full of wise old tutors and a solid number of youngsters to work with there. Once you've signed a scout/coach, how are the current / potential abilities looking for the youth team?

(Apologies if you're on Tablet/Mobile as I don't imagine the below will be in any legible format.)

I created a quick lookup in Excel to sort my squad's performance by Intake Year. Once the season's progress, this will hopefully be a quick way of analysing which year's intake was the strongest / most influential. It's not going to help me make any decisions, I just found it interesting & thought I would share.

Season	Intake	NoOfPlyrs	Apps	Subs	Gls	Ast	ChC	PoM	Pas %	Tck	DrbPG	Shot %	Yel	Red	Av Rat
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18/19	'09	1		48	0	5	14	26	1	67%	0.89	1.55	40%	1	0	7.02
	'10	1		48	0	1	3	13	3	56%	1.59	0.16	29%	4	0	6.70
	'11	1		37	8	1	1	5	1	60%	2.05	0.16	50%	2	0	6.66
	'16	1		45	1	1	6	12	0	79%	3.03	0.45	32%	7	0	6.90
	'17	6		59	90	7	8	33	0	67%	1.78	0.45	37%	3	0	6.68
	'18	3		7	9	2	0	3	0	75%	0.60	1.43	38%	1	0	6.68
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
	Youth	13		244	108	17	32	92	5	66%	1.78	0.57	38%	18	0	6.75
	Other	8		284	24	66	38	119	16	66%	0.95	0.93	36%	9	0	6.92
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
	Total	21		528	132	83	70	211	21	66%	1.39	0.74	37%	27	0	6.83
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Motlhen

2 hours ago, Motlhen said:

@shaunvamos what an intake!!! Three solid stars in the making there. Have you got long term plan's for Sasinka & Pribyl, are they far off featuring from the bench?

Sasinka is a staple in the youth team so far, while Pribyl is coming off the bench for the youth team. Not too sure about the long term plans, as they are the 6th and 7th best CMs in the side, but with their good personality (why I marked them with a *) could help them get better quicker.

@Motlhen It looks like I will be loosing Paulo Cardoso 1a as well, I have had a number of bids for him, I think getting him back on loan for this season is the deal breaker as I think they intend for him to start, so they have all fallen through. Luckily I had a chat to him and he seems ok with things, but I might have to accept the next bid that comes in.

I don't mind selling players if I can set up deals like I have with Fabio Pereira 1b, over the long run they can be pretty lucrative and it looks like it's going to be one of those saves unless I get a golden patch intake.

@shaunvamos ah, you must have a much deeper squad than what I'm dealing with at Dulwich Hamlet where one-star current ability would get you a spot on the bench! With such high determination, hopefully you'll see those two become solid backup's at least so you can justify keeping them around.

@chocolatecoatedballs that's unfortunate, do you have any decent cover at RB? How far off of a youth intake are you? & it'll definitely be interesting to see what sort of deal your board can cut for the 40% of next sale on Pereira with Vit. Guimaraes. 

5 minutes ago, Motlhen said:

@shaunvamos ah, you must have a much deeper squad than what I'm dealing with at Dulwich Hamlet where one-star current ability would get you a spot on the bench! With such high determination, hopefully you'll see those two become solid backup's at least so you can justify keeping them around.

Spoke too soon - both have made their first team debuts 😀

Edited by shaunvamos

F.C._Barreirense_logo.png

I couldn't post some of the last youth intake because steam had problems with uploads, so here are a few.

Helio Vicente 3a who looks ok and will get games from the bench and when the dreaded jadedness sets in will probably start.

Philipe Fonte 3b is going to be the back up LB as we only have one as our ageing 2nd string retired, he will get games.

Sergio Andrade 3c looks very promising as a striker, if I played two up front he would be straight in, but I think this year might see him get limited game time in the seniors.

Diogo Pinheiro 3d look to be the succesor to Fabio Pereira 1b, he is still pretty raw so could get limited game time and I'm not really set up for an AMC, next year could be his time to shine.

37 minutes ago, Motlhen said:

@chocolatecoatedballs that's unfortunate, do you have any decent cover at RB? How far off of a youth intake are you? & it'll definitely be interesting to see what sort of deal your board can cut for the 40% of next sale on Pereira with Vit. Guimaraes. 

Not the best, Luis Pedro has been his backup, he used to start but he doesn't seem to develop at all, Sandro Hilario 3h came in the last youth intake, he doesn't exactly breed confidence, but he looks to have a good base and could develop well, will probably play a lot if we sell Paulo.

Vit. Guimaraes are a Premier team, so I would expect something reasonable, if he actually plays for them and does well, we could be onto a good thing, good players in the Premier league go for around 25M-60M usually. Which a 40% cut of would be amazing for a little club like ours.

FRYDEK-MYSTEK 2019/20 SEASON REVIEW

3b40af86b74c9183539fe4575e1d03a9.png

League Table   -   Transfers   -   Squad 1   -   Squad 2

Best XI

Finances  -   Facilities

Radek Vanek  -  Michal Svrcek  -  Radek Sasinka

What a stressful season that was. It went down to the final game and we had to win as Trinec had won their last game before we played. Luckily we managed to pull off the upset of century and our best performance of the season, winning and therefore ensuring our place in the Second Division for next year and my continuation of this challenge. One thing I've noticed is that we seem to be among the best defensively in the league, but we coupled it with the worst attacking form by a wild margin. This, I think, is because the way I play utilises the wingers (I like to control possession because the more we have the ball the less likely the opposition are to score). The problem being our wingers are absolute garbage. But I will stick with it and hope they develop or we get wingers coming through.

The transfers made were before I joined the side, and they didn't really have much impact, but the players we lost on free transfers would've been massive for our survival, but luckily we did anyway. I used quite a few players this season, especially once the youth players came along and I could rotate to counter any potential tiredness.

For once in this game I've turned a profit in  season without prizemoney, which is integral for me in this challenge, as it allows me to upgrade the coaching facilities as quickly as possible, which I managed to do twice this season, going from average to adequate and then to good upon signing a new contract.

Next season, obviously the aim is to survive, and with this current group of youth there's definitely potential it won't be as much of a struggle, although our best player is rated as a Star 3rd Division player, which doesn't bode well.

@Muttley84 Looks like Barrierense when I started, the first season is the trickiest, good luck.

@Motlhen That table is pretty nerdy, I like it! :D

@shaunvamos I agree, that's a great intake! I like your highlighted players and just like the Blackprince you are lucky to have a good GK, your team has a lot of potential as well, so the future looks good.

I also like to play a possession game, I have liked counter in previous versions, in this one it's long ball city limits, so that got canned early.

@theBlackPrince Sad to see Billy Balls 20a :brock: go, what kind of deal did you get? Loosing your GK would be a blow, but good to hear the resilience of youth are surging ahead ready for the fight.

XaW - Kettering Town - 2024/25

KetteringTFC.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Two good seasons, then a bad one last season, what would this season bring? Well, a very hard one, it turns out. We only won two of our first 10 matches, and that kind of set the tone for the rest of the season. After the poor start we continued in the same form, struggling to pick up points, and playing poor in general. This caused me to tinker with tactics, and that led to even worse results. Going into the new year we started one of the worst runs I've ever had in any Football Manager game.

mPhCmXB.png

Yeah, we didn't win for almost 4 months. As some in the chat can attest to I were about to accept relegation and all that follow. But I did a final tactical tinkering, going back to basic. Classic 4-4-2 Hoofball. Get the ball and hoof it as far as possible and hope for the best. And somehow that turned us around. And we won, and kept on winning! With 4 games left we had a real shot at staying up.

mNj6nxx.png

Of those 4 matches we won two and lost two, but that was enough to keep us up! 20th for the second year running, but we managed it. The hardest season I've played in years, but also the best comeback ever. We rose as a phoenix from the ashes! I won't go all poetic on you, but it really felt like an achievement!

In the FA Cup we somehow stumbled our way to the 3rd round were we lost to Championship side Burnley. In the FA Trophy we went out in the first round after a replay against Stockport.

We had a very good youth intake with Joel Henderson 25f as the most exciting one.

Season	|       League	             | Position |   FA Cup      |   Europe	|   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	|   National League North    |   9th	 |  1st round    |   N/A	|   Just of playoffs
2020/21	|   National League North    |   1st	 |  4th qual     |   N/A	|   Promoted as champions
2021/22	|   National League          |  16th	 |  1st round    |   N/A	|   Survived
2022/23 |   National League          |  14th     |  4th round    |   N/A        |   Mid-table, good cup run
2023/24 |   National League          |  20th     |  1st round    |   N/A        |   Almost relegated
2024/25 |   National League          |  20th     |  3rd round    |   N/A        |   Almost relegated

I've been reading along with all of you for a while now and this being my first FM upgrade in 3 years I figured I'd join in the misery festivities.

I gave this challenge a go in Hungary at first and got sacked before Christmas due to a fairly bad run (no goals in 11 games, let alone a win) so now I think I'll try my hand in England.

Beginning the reloading process now to see what team I fancy.

@XaW Wow amazing effort to stay up, things were looking dicey for a while there, but I'm sure a lot of players would have got valuable playing time which will serve you better going forward, I hope next season is a good one.

What does Steven Short look like, Light Hearted isn't that terrable a personality, but his media handling style is one of the best being unflappable.

Logo Modena_fc.jpg

Ok I will now throw myself into this impossible challenge :) I took over Modena in Italy. Manager profile.  A club that went bankrupt in 2017 and refounded in 2018, they are now called Modena F.C 2018. I just found that perfect for this project. Actually got a pretty useful and big squad to begin with so I'm optimistic. Squad. Only got 1 Goalkeeper but lucky me, he is also my biggest talent. Pierpaolo Bardeggia.  Also some other promising youngsters :)

Pierpaolo Cinelli    Fabio Ghesleni      Abdou Mendy

Wish me luck  :)      

MODENA (1).jpg

Edited by Diego D10S

300px-FK_Smederevo.svg.png

Due to only having 11 players at the club and not being able to play anyone under the age of 17 I gave up on Slovenia and I am starting again with FK Smederevo, fallen giants of Serbia. This team was once a top flight side that finished as high as 3rd, won the cup and played in Europe between about 2001-06. I will try to restore them to their former glory! Manager profile

RWE.thumb.png.fac64a3de7684046bc6152f75c67dd6b.png

Rot Weiss Essen - German 3. Bundesliga

Apologies as uploading this halfway through first season. Gone for my usual team as I do one every year since FM 2012. Persistence really pays off, 7 games in I was having players meetings with them questioning whether I had the ability to turn things around. The very next game an opposition player got sent off and we scraped a 1-0 win in the 87th minute -  Not really looked back since. Determined not to be complacent  as only 8 points off 17th.  One thing to remind you all of: I started with only 4 tagged players however a shift from 3.5 stars to 4.5 stars for a couple of my players potentials from the first youth intake already at the club shows that we shouldn't just accept first appearances!

Manager Profile - A couple of attribute shifts due to being half way through first season. On first National C coaching course.

Facilities - Have improved Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching both were Average at start.

Tagged Youth -  Muhammed Colak 1a   Simon Wazinksi 1b   Rachid Fane 1c   Ingo Baumgartel 1d   Timo Wernze 1e Stefan Bartz 1f

League Table 

Results

zW6KgEF.png

Season Review 2026

Veikkausliiga | Table | Suomen Cup | Squad | Transfers | Facilities | Finances | Best XI

Key Players: Ari Jurvainen (02b)Matti Lähde (03a) | Kladji Adili (01a) | Gabriel Hysa (06a)

Very good season. We were never threatened with relegation and ended up putting together some good stretches to finish in 5th, 5 points out of the Europa League places. Ari Jurvainen (02b) took it up a notch this season with 21 assists and 12 goals. Matti Lähde (03a) kept up his incredibly consistent goal scoring marks with 25 goals each year the last 3 seasons and 24 the season before that. The youth intake was bad after what we got accustomed to, but we have a good base of players tat have the potential to improve even more so it's not an immediate worry. I don't think we have the quality to finish above what we did this season next year, but I'd like to see how far we can push on and maybe make a cup run to qualify for Europe instead. 

Season   League    Position   Suomen Cup     Europe    Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment     Achievements/Notes     Top Scorer         Most Assists           Highest Avg Rating 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019     Ykkonen     2nd      Group Stages    N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic      Lost promotion playoff   Touré (13)         Ahonen (10)            Remes (6.97)
2020     Ykkonen     8th      2nd Round       N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic               N/A             Jmaali (6)         Biga (5)               Ahonen (6.88)
2021     Ykkonen     4th      Quarterfinal    N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic               N/A             Al-Take (01b) (10) Ahonen (7)             Adili (01a) (7.05)
2022     Ykkonen     3rd      Group Stages    N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic               N/A             Ahonen (10)        Jurvainen (02b) (11)   Jurvainen (02b) (7.10)
2023     Ykkonen     3rd      Quarterfinal    N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic               N/A             Lähde (03a) (24)   Jurvainen (02b) (11)   Jurvainen (02b) (7.48)
2024     Ykkonen     2nd      Quarterfinal    N/A           Average                Poor               Average            Fairly Basic       Won promotion playoff   Lähde (03a) (25)   Martikainen (04b) (15) Lähde (03a) (7.28)
2025  Veikkausliiga  11th     Quarterfinal    N/A           Adequate               Poor               Average            Fairly Basic       Won relegation playoff  Lähde (03a) (25)   Jurvainen (02b) (14)   Lähde (03a) (7.11)
2026  Veikkausliiga  5th      Quarterfinal    N/A           Adequate               Basic              Average            Fairly Basic               N/A             Lähde (03a) (25)   Jurvainen (02b) (21)   Jurvainen (02b) (7.20)
Edited by The_Gato_In_Goal

Sacked by Kingstonian. Took forever to find a tactic that worked and even when I did this team of invalids couldn't defend any lead they got.

The board gave me a target of 8 points in 5 games to save my skin. Won the first - a tight 1-0, lost the next two 1-2 after initially taking the lead, won the next - battering bottom of the table Gloucester 3-0, and then drew the last 2-2 after being 2-0 up at half time to get me sacked.

Well done boys.

1067149697_JohnSmith_Inbox-2.thumb.png.d3575332a7e4d806643d143066257d61.png

And also, the board go can fall down a hole. A 17 man squad with only one goalie, no depth at all and we were still fighting and staying out of the relegation spots, no matter how useless they were at defending a lead.

Edited by noworthyicon

Kettering - Vanarama National League North - Season 2021-2022

Predicted: 19th

Actual finish: 1th and champion!!

What a season we had. Almost the complete season we were battling for the championship. Our main rivals for the title were Kidderminster. I took us until the second last game to win the league, but we won it in style strashing Hyde with 1-9! Hyde had a terrible season, and were relegated. The stand-out player this season was our striker Tom Walton (YP2a). The problem was that he wouldn't sign a contract, and was poached in the summer break by Rotherham for a miserable €13k. We also lost our best DC. Also he didn't want to sign a contract. So our next season will be a hard challenge.

For the second season in a row I won manager of the season.

Games 1

Games 2

FA cup: We failed again in the 4th qualifying round.

FA Throphy: We failed in the 1th round.

Youth intake: Another good one, but not really a stand-out player. All players with a tag signed a youth contract.

Nick Langham (YP3a): MC

Mike Riley (YP3b): ST

Adam Bell (YP3c): MR, will be retrained as AMR

Transfers: None, the 2 departures were done after this screenhsot was taken.

Finances: Still in black. Youth facilities will be upgraded, and after this upgrade our youth level will be increased to level 3. We also expanding our stadium so we are OK with the stadium rules in Vanarama National leage.

Kettering%20Town_zps1esi78fp.gif

Kettering Town 2020/21

Table - Squad 1/Squad 2

Heartbreak this season as we lost 2-1 to Chester in the playoff final, after a 7th place finish in the league. Knocked out in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup for the second year running. Massively overachieved and still think we're some way off promotion. Got my first manager of the year award for the Vanarama National North and have convinced he board to improve youth recruitment twice.

Josh Broughton - Our best player by far, scored 30 league goals in 41 games but was unavailable for the playoff semis and final due to being on international duty with USA under 20's, could have been the difference.

Neil Dunn - Another decent striker scored 10 in 34 league games. 

Youth intake was fairly good again, got prospects in positions we needed. The best of the lot are;

Jack Roper - A 6'6" left back who can also play in the centre. Had a little game time at the end of the season and should get plenty next season.

Connor McGlinchey - Defensive midfielder, exactly what we needed in the middle of the park.

Jason Williamson - Left winger who will act as back up for the next season.

Another season like this one wouldn't be bad, just to concentrate on getting some of the prospects more game time.

Edited by TrickyTree91

On 08/11/2018 at 22:34, chocolatecoatedballs said:

@XaW Wow amazing effort to stay up, things were looking dicey for a while there, but I'm sure a lot of players would have got valuable playing time which will serve you better going forward, I hope next season is a good one.

What does Steven Short look like, Light Hearted isn't that terrable a personality, but his media handling style is one of the best being unflappable.

It looked REALLY dicey for a time, but it ended well at least.

kQ6kubR.png

He just got his debut due to injuries. Good physicals and mentals for his age, but need to keep working on his technical ability.

King's Lynn Season 1 2019/2020

Kltown.png

20181110171602_1.thumb.jpg.656e9e9a1823e091299f7500d7a5658f.jpg

VNLN: A good start, i spent the first half of the season in the top 7, then slowly decreased to end up 13th. 

Cups: I sent my B squad in FA cup, i didnt expect to loose the first game. In the FA trophy, i draw Boston, one of the Kings Lynn rivals. I played with my main squad, but it was not enough and we lost 5-3. Those two early eliminations really hurt.

Squad: No notable performances. I have 5 players good enough for this level. 2 strikers, 2 CM and  a GK. My players are not tall, or quick. I concede a lot of goals on free kicks. There was 3 regens when i took over the club. They helped in the turn over, but havent done significant progress. 

Transferts: Not much, a GK left and i realeased 2 players representing 35% of my salary wage. My best player, a 20yo striker, is convoited by a championship team. I managed to sign him 2years+2 in option in the beginning of the season. I should be able to keep him for now :) 

Youth 2020: A good year, with several players needed in defense.

Finances are OK. I end up with 60-80k profit during the season. I expect 150k or more next year, i hope this will be enough to ameliorate the youth recruitment.

20181110171616_1.thumb.jpg.3d83a8e3889ba3a408c144631a80cf51.jpg

Season  |  League   | Pos. |   Cup   |     CL      |     EL      |     Top scorer          |  Top assists         |    Top rating           | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 |  VNLN     |  13  |   2th q |   3th q     |     n/a     |    Marriott (12)        |    Clunan (11)       |   Richards (7,11)       | Good YI
Season  |  Finances |  Coaching    |  Recruitment      | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      |  Stadium
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 |   €87k    |  Fairly basic|  Limited          | Poor           | Poor            |  8200

dpF9OGSm.png

I'm joining this challenge as well.

From now on, I'm the manager of ACR Messina SSD. This is my profile:

higOTbFm.jpg

And this is the club overview.

OOPVbUom.jpg

In FM18 I had a great save with Parma. I really like the Italian leagues. This will be my second time playing a youth only save. My first attempt in FM17 was a great one: I won the CL with IR from Iceland. Let's see how this goes.

Edited by Winski

FRYDEK-MYSTEK 2019/20 SEASON REVIEW

8716502181f848c44f71c83fe6835733.png

League Table  -  Transfers  -  Squad 1  -  Squad 2  -  Squad 3

Best XI  -  All Time Best XI

Finances  -  Facilities

Radek Vanek  -  Michal Svrcek  - Petr Macha 1A*  - Stefan Vanecek 1B  -  Martin Benda

When comparing the league table from this season to last, it seems as though we had a much more difficult season. I don't see it that way. Despite the points difference, we looked much more comfortable at this level and games were much closer. With our young players being thrust into the first team almost immediately upon entering the club, they didn't disappoint. I truly believe we can do really well next season. With our junior coaching maxed out too, it's only going to get better.