Quarterfinals: Russia vs Croatia, 7pm BST

GunmaN1905

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kingjericho said:

On Portuguese TV they said as well he could at least tried to reach that... great goal, no chance for the keeper in my view.

That's what I hate about most people and goalkeeping comments.

Goalkeepers, especially ones playing on this level, simply have the instinct and know if they can get the ball or not. He had no chances there. Trying to dive for it could've just ended in the ball hitting the bar and deflecting into goalkeeper's back.

If 2 former defenders are saying he should've been further back, I'm going to accept the keeper wasn't well positioned.

Whether he could've saved it is harder to judge and more for the opinion of former goalkeepers, but ultimately irrelevant to me, it's a great goal. If he does it twice then it's time for further scrutiny.

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

I'm with Neville on this. GK was way too far off his line which meant he gave himself no chance with the shot, not hard to grasp. 

Aye, I'm with Dixon in the sense that he's probably not stopping that, but he's definitely way too far forward, so he's never even got a prayer

Just now, Constantine said:

Expected much more from this Croatia side, especially vs this old and tired Russia team. They'll still get their narrow w, but it's disappointing... 

No team has managed to easily crack parked buses this tournament.

2 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Based on their knockout games so far Croatia aren't really all that. Modric and Rakitic don't influence their games enough considering their credentials.

To be fair, there have been a few flicks and passes that just didn't come off, on another day they would.
Easily the better team tonight.

I hope they win as I think Croatia vs England will be a tight open affair, sick of these backs to the walls teams.

England vs Russia will be all England trying to break them down while Russia try to hit on the counter, basically what we seen today With England vs Sweden.

Just now, PMLF said:

Will it count as a Brazilian title if Russia and their Brazilian player Mário Fernandes win this WC? :) 

If it does, then I'm counting the title Simone Perrotta won with Italy in 2006 as England's. :p

3 minutes ago, CFuller said:

If it does, then I'm counting the title Simone Perrotta won with Italy in 2006 as England's. :p

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

And Argentinian.

Such a generous player, helping so many countries win the World Cup. :D 

8 minutes ago, daylight said:

To be fair, there have been a few flicks and passes that just didn't come off, on another day they would.
Easily the better team tonight.

I hope they win as I think Croatia vs England will be a tight open affair, sick of these backs to the walls teams.

England vs Russia will be all England trying to break them down while Russia try to hit on the counter, basically what we seen today With England vs Sweden.

England's attack would much rather face Vida and Lovren. That's just another penalty waiting to happen.

Archived