Match 2: Egypt v Uruguay, Group A 13:00BST

Rob1981

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

They're so damn annoying with Salah being shown every 10 seconds.

The BBC worship Liverpool, especially Salah. They go way over the top. Front page of the BBC website has two photo's of him atm, sport section has another two. He was the the photo at the top of their live commentary page. Embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, DB08 said:

Yeah, Salah has been on the official feed constantly, for no reason at all.

He had that picture taken with the homophobic chetchen guy, and he's probably the 3rd best/hyped player at the tournament.

This group will end up with Russia and Uruguay both advancing in round 2 after they beat Egypt and Saudi Arabia, so Russia and Uruguay will fight for the first place in round 3.

8 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

:lol:

It's early, but this might be the worst take of the whole tournament.

So you don’t think salah was ready for 10 mins of football or did you think Egypt deserved something from the game.

If Salah can't play for 10 minutes then I don't know what he's doing there, its an arm injury that isn't suddenly going to be better in a weeks time 

Its like that 3rd sub gave Uruguay more belief that they didn't have to worry about him 

10 minutes ago, Sid1984 said:

So you don’t think salah was ready for 10 mins of football or did you think Egypt deserved something from the game.

I don't think it was worth risking him.

Why not give him the extra rest?

Read a lot about the potential of Uruguay's new look midfield but they looked out of sorts today and the balance wasn't quite there. 

They have a few options to will be interesting what the do in their next game. 

Just finished this game.

It was a decent watch in that both teams were going for it, but it really was a match lacking in any kind of quality. So many sloppy passes given away from both sides. Uruguay were clearly the better side, but I don't think they really did enough to deserve to win the game because they were so uninspiring. Egypt did a good job til near the end of keeping them at bay and looking somewhat dangerous on the break, and I feel sorry for Egypt as I think a draw would have been the fairest outcome.

No one really stood out, though I thought the Egyptian keeper did himself proud. Came out well to thwart a Suarez chance early in the second half, smothered the ball at his feet later on, and dealt well with Cavani's snapshot and couldn't really do anything about the goal.

Archived