FM Touch 2018 Official Feedback Thread

Can anyone check if you can assign your scout to scout the opposition? I looked through all the options, he can scout players, competitions, regiosn, nations and continent but there is no opposition. I checked if there is a new role data analyst and there is none as well so scouting opposition should still be his job.

Edit: Found it.

Edited by vasilli07

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted this in the other feedback thread, having been unable to find this one. And then immediately found this one :rolleyes:.

FMT18 looks and plays pretty much flawlessly so far. Weirdly, the over-saturated colours and over-intense lighting of full FM 3D (pretty much my only complaint) doesn't seem to be an issue in FMT.

The interface is pretty much as was (ie, excellent) with only a few things in changed position, which will take a bit of getting used to. The only problem I've seen so far is some stuttering on the calendar screen between events, and some text scrolling on top of interface objects like buttons and coloured headings.

Changes to scouting are somewhat reflected in FMT, but it seems to be much simpler and less confusing than full FM. FMT still has 100% scouting familiarity after a single scouting, which might be a deal-breaker for the hardcore players but doesn't bother me.

Because of the simplified/streamlined nature of FMT, many of the headline features of FM18 are missing. EG, because there are no team talks before, during or after games, you don't get the pre-game tactical meetings. But the main Tactics Creator screen is the same in both versions, so you get the tactical analysis diagram. It's a bit odd that a list of players takes up fully half the screen, but the TC display itself looks fine to me. The new roles are included.

I've only played a couple of games in each version so far, so I can't say much about the ME itself. But I have noticed that the gung-ho, shoot-on-sight mentality of FM17 appears to have gone and the number of shots on goal appears to be much more realistic - in my latest game both sides had about 12 shots on goal, six or seven on target, and a final 2-1 scoreline.

First impressions, then, are very positive. If SI can polish up the in-game graphics and the interface animations (and I'm sure they will) the new version will be great.

Edit to add: As mentioned up-thread, the attributes for staff - in my case, HoYD - don't display properly since you can't see JCA and JPA.

Edited by warlock

So far...

Took a short while to readjust to the redesign (no bad thing - meant it felt like a new game!) and starting to find my way about.

My main issue this year is I really don't like the new 2D view. The advertising boards are annoying and distracting, and the old 2D classic view was a lot better in my opinion. Also: is the ball supposed to be a black dot? It gets very confusing when the ball is played in the air as the shadow is black too...

I do like the new way of presenting info during a match though. I was annoyed last year that accessing useful info while a game was taking place wasn't easy - this year everything I need is there when there's no action taking place.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, warlock said:

Edit to add: As mentioned up-thread, the attributes for staff - in my case, HoYD - don't display properly since you can't see JCA and JPA.

We are getting this looked at! Thanks for your kind words and review. Is there anything about the scouting in FMT that bugs you? Do you feel immersed and aware of whats going on when you set your scouts off to assignments? Is there anything you feel needs to be clearer to use?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, penza said:

are there going to be new 'downloads' options to buy in fm touch? 

Same as before. 

But if you have ideas for new ones in the future we are all ears.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, sirgeordie said:

So far...

Took a short while to readjust to the redesign (no bad thing - meant it felt like a new game!) and starting to find my way about.

My main issue this year is I really don't like the new 2D view. The advertising boards are annoying and distracting, and the old 2D classic view was a lot better in my opinion. Also: is the ball supposed to be a black dot? It gets very confusing when the ball is played in the air as the shadow is black too...

I do like the new way of presenting info during a match though. I was annoyed last year that accessing useful info while a game was taking place wasn't easy - this year everything I need is there when there's no action taking place.

Great to hear -- we are looking into this black dot issue you mention with the ball at the moment. Look forward to hearing any more comments and feedback you might have :)

As for the Scouting, i have posted in the general thread. The Inbox message has so much space, the estimated cost and wage shouldn't be hidden behind the scout recommendation. That makes it a hassle to shift through the news items. Good that my scout likes the player, I however have to make sure it works budget wise as well.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Linie said:

a hassle to shift through the news items

What kind of recommendation scores are you getting? Are these all from players you individually scouted anyway?

that irked me in the past as well, i would like to see an indicator that the scouting recommendation/rating is likely outdated. I am playing with an extreme bad lower league team and of course most of the players are highly recommended. So if i sort by recommendation/rating after my teams gets better i have to scout those player again to get a more accurate list.

Just now, Lucas Weatherby said:

What kind of recommendation scores are you getting? Are these all from players you individually scouted anyway?

Yes, i usually sort the list on player search by attributes, let them scout and than go through the news item. In order to see if a player is an option i have to hover over the scouting recommendation rating to see the estimates. Plenty of space in the news item itself though.  Those information were there last year. And the scout doesn't seem to take budget into account (not his job anyway) for the recommendation.

30 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Great to hear -- we are looking into this black dot issue you mention with the ball at the moment. Look forward to hearing any more comments and feedback you might have :)

Cracking, thanks for the response. I'm playing as Newcastle so it's making games a bit like the world's hardest game of 'spot the ball'.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Linie said:

And the scout doesn't seem to take budget into account (not his job anyway) for the recommendation.

They should to an extent. If you can find a few blatantly bad examples, please post these issues in the bugs forum - we will take a look.

Apologies for not reading fully through this thread in advance as it may have been mentioned elsewhere, but is FMT network game functionality deliberately not enabled on the beta?

I can see the option on the main menu to join one is greyed out, but cannot see an option to create one at all on FMT at the moment.

• Administrators
Just now, santy001 said:

Apologies for not reading fully through this thread in advance as it may have been mentioned elsewhere, but is FMT network game functionality deliberately not enabled on the beta?

I can see the option on the main menu to join one is greyed out, but cannot see an option to create one at all on FMT at the moment.

Yes, it's disabled on the beta (just like on FM, actually)

It'll be reenabled on release.

I've never played FMT but would like to ask the following questions please:

1. If I play exclusively on a laptop, do I get the chance to choose managing a club in all the same nations as if I was playing the full game? Or are the choice of nations you can manage a club in limited?
  2. I would only want one nation loaded for whichever country I go to - e.g. if I start in England, I would only ever want to manage in England. If starting in France, I would only want to manage in France. However, I like to have a large custom database with about 120,000 players - can that be done in FMT?

Sorry that these are probably obvious to any FMT user - but if I can pick any nation to manage in, and create a large player database, I would love to try this version for time saving purposes. Thanks in advance for any reply that helps explain.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

26 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I've never played FMT but would like to ask the following questions please:

1. If I play exclusively on a laptop, do I get the chance to choose managing a club in all the same nations as if I was playing the full game? Or are the choice of nations you can manage a club in limited?
  2. I would only want one nation loaded for whichever country I go to - e.g. if I start in England, I would only ever want to manage in England. If starting in France, I would only want to manage in France. However, I like to have a large custom database with about 120,000 players - can that be done in FMT?

Sorry that these are probably obvious to any FMT user - but if I can pick any nation to manage in, and create a large player database, I would love to try this version for time saving purposes. Thanks in advance for any reply that helps explain.

1. The choice is the same as in full FM

2. There are no ways to increase DB other than setting it to maximum (i.e. large) and loading more countries. You can't e.g. "load all players from X continent" like you can in full FM.

3 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Thanks for your kind words and review. Is there anything about the scouting in FMT that bugs you? Do you feel immersed and aware of whats going on when you set your scouts off to assignments? Is there anything you feel needs to be clearer to use?

I wouldn't say there's anything about scouting (or, indeed, anything else) that bugs me. I appreciate most of the changes, although - as many have commented - it's a minor irritant that you have to constantly go back into the 'search' dialog to tweak things but I accept that it simplifies the visual interface.

Also, I may have been premature in judging the lighting/colour saturation issue. What I've noticed is that it varies enormously. In some games played during daylight, everything looks fine. Under floodlights, the harsh lighting and lack of contrast are unpleasant, and seem to be the cause of the colour saturation issue. Also in any bright light, the ball simply disappears against lighter patches of turf. But I seem to remember this was an issue in v1 of FM17, too. Hopefully, it will be fixed pretty quickly.

I'm not far in but enjoying it so far. I'll update when I've played more.

Im sorry if this has already been said. Is it still possible to instant result the game, after the game has started? I cant see the whistle button that was on FMT17

1 hour ago, OldTimer said:

Im sorry if this has already been said. Is it still possible to instant result the game, after the game has started? I cant see the whistle button that was on FMT17

Yes, you can. Beside the play/pause button, there is this down arrow, click on it. Whistle is hidden in there.

On the immersion front its feeling very nitty gritty and stopping for everything at the moment in my game. Playing as Stoke and here's the flow:

On August 9th I made a contract offer for a player, I'm effectively done now unless something major pops up between now and my game with Southampton on August 12th. So I press continue and the journey to the match day begins...

August 9th - 7pm: Game stops for Carabao cup 1st round games (not involved as Stoke)
- Press continue -
August 9th - 9:45pm: Game stops for Carabao cup 1st round results.
- Press Continue -
August 10th - 12pm: Game stops for news Carabao Cup 2nd Road draw is today
- Press Continue -
August 10th - 12:45pm: Game stops for Stoke draw Rotherham in Carabao Cup
- Press Continue -
August 10th - 7pm: Game stops for confirming signing of player (Something I'm actually interested in) so I confirm the signing
- Press Continue -
August 10th - 7:45pm: Game stops for "Stoke sign player" news item
- Press Continue -
Still 7:45pm, game shows me a yet unplayed 1st round Carabao cup game that is about to be played (Crawley vs Brentford)
- Press Continue -
August 10th - 9:45pm: Game stops to show me Brentford won this game on penalties.
- Press Continue - 
Still 9:45pm game takes me to the general news screen
- Press Continue - 
August 11th - 11:15am: Sunderland bid for a player (justified stop)
- Press Continue -
August 12th - 8am: Game has stopped, no news, nothing to react to or do, nothing in mailbox etc.
- Press Continue -
August 12th - 12pm: Game stops for miscellaneous news items but nothing to react to
- Press Continue -
August 12th - 12:45pm: Game stops to show todays premier league fixtures
- Press Continue -
August 12th - 3pm: Arrive at match selection

By my count I pressed continue 13 times to advance less than 72 hours. I appreciate its a personal thing but its not immersing me in the game, its just mildly frustrating that the game is very stop-start. I'm still going to catch up with general news and messages so aside from the transfer activity there was nothing I really needed to see that I wouldn't have seen at 3pm on August 12th. 

I don't feel there needs to be this much break up, the one at 8am on August 12th threw me completely, as there was no apparent reason I could discern other than that it was a new day and something within the game decides that warrants a pause in processing.

At the absolute minimum all I needed was the prompt on August 10th at 7pm and that would be it. The bid from Sunderland didn't have a deadline, so at the most efficient flow I could have dealt with that on August 12th at 3pm - although I appreciate its much easier to have these interrupt the flow as and when they come about.

Thanks for the reply Vasilli07. That's great to know. Id seen enough at 3 - 0 down in a friendly and wanted to beat the traffic home. :D

One more question for everyone though. My star midfielder (Emil Burger) is asking a bit more than i can offer him at BK Forward in Sweden. I thought id let my DOF have a go at getting him to sign. Will the DOF offer him promises, as part of that deal? And if Burger signs the contract. Is there anyway for me to see what promises my DOF as used to get him to sign?

I'm finding the player search function both a good and bad thing. 

On one hand its much clearer, the recommendation change is fantastic and really crisp although I much prefer the "General Info" tab to the Overview (as I can fit more players on the screen in 1 search) the frustration lies in the search itself. 

That convenient list of options from the top of the screen is nestled behind a click, I have to go to the advanced to set more nuanced attribute searches and then if I want to refine my search up I have to go back in to click +1/-1 and then hit ok again. 

A few things which are hindering my enjoyment so far- all pretty minor and might be my errors:

1. I play matches on commentary only as although my laptop is ok speed-wise, the graphics are rubbish. Is there a way to disable to stadium view at the end of matches? It adds nothing to the game but slows things down.

2. The match commentary takes ages- fm17 the commentary would go through key moments but fm18 seems to have full commentary for every minute with no breaks.

3. The possession last 5 minutes is gone from the match view- this is how I have always watched matches and wish it was back.

4. On stats view during the matches no longer has match fitness nor assists like fm17, it would be good if these were back.

5. Finally, at times the continue button becomes non-responsive and I have to go on holiday for 1 day to move on.

VERY disappointed clean sheets is still not in the stats, how will I know if my keeper is in the running? This really needs to be added.

Also not being able to choose tutors, this also should have been added. I am tired of bad tutoring matchups ruining my young players.

Other than those 2 things, so far so good.

@santy001 In regards to start-stop issue, I use "continue game time out" for 2 seconds so the game presses continue for me for as long as my input is not needed. It helps massively (not to mention I can browse the internet while game is running in the background).

Edited by shirajzl

On 28/10/2017 at 10:58, Jari Rantanen\'s Shorts said:

Quick question - if you use a match plan to let your staff simulate the game, can you want the highlights after the sim without knowing the score in advance?

This is a feature I would love, too. It won't be long until I will instant result every match, but I have to hide the screen and squint whilst clicking the highlights button to see the highlights without knowing the score.

On 10/28/2017 at 16:22, Ilpo_G said:

Will there be in-game editor available for Touch and can we use custom database? If not I won't touch (hih) this.

+1 for the Custom Database question....

Are there any plans on allowing this for the PC version of Touch at least?

The Touch version is just so much more suited for network games due to the decreased time to complete a season. The (advanced) option of using custom databases would make it even more perfect.

There should not really be any technical reason for this limition (at PC at least)

Have any of the following been added to FMT18?

Notes

Tutoring (or at least being able to cancel tutoring when the game makes a bad choice)

No automatic OIs

Being able to compare any player regardless of position (for example, comparing a CB to a ST)

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, max787 said:

Notes

Tutoring (or at least being able to cancel tutoring when the game makes a bad choice)

No automatic OIs

Being able to compare any player regardless of position (for example, comparing a CB to a ST)

Notes / Tutoring - no. 

Automatic OIs - you could put yourself in control on FMT17. The default hasn't, and won't change. 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, caz said:

Are there any plans on allowing this for the PC version of Touch at least?

It is unlikely unless it can be done Tablet also. But it does no harm to keep asking. 

On 10/28/2017 at 16:52, OldTimer said:

Thanks for the reply Vasilli07. That's great to know. Id seen enough at 3 - 0 down in a friendly and wanted to beat the traffic home. :D

One more question for everyone though. My star midfielder (Emil Burger) is asking a bit more than i can offer him at BK Forward in Sweden. I thought id let my DOF have a go at getting him to sign. Will the DOF offer him promises, as part of that deal? And if Burger signs the contract. Is there anyway for me to see what promises my DOF as used to get him to sign?

Sorry for asking this again, but the question seemed to get lost with all the other posts. Im hoping the DOF doesn't use promises, because i still dont think its possible to see what promises have been made again this year. 

Thanks for any replys in advance

On 28/10/2017 at 10:58, Jari Rantanen\'s Shorts said:

Quick question - if you use a match plan to let your staff simulate the game, can you watch  the highlights after the sim without knowing the score in advance?

Can anyone advise if this is possible? This will likely be the difference between making 18 a purchase/not for me

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, vasilli07 said:

I suppose Touch patch will only be out a day or two later, right?

Potentially.

Have played the game for a around 10 hours so far on Microsoft Surface pro. Overall i am enjoying the game I have played FMT since the first version on tablet. My biggest issue is the 2D match engine, player strange decisions and the tactics. I have always used the 2D and FMT 17 was excellent the play really represented the tactics. In this version I have played against lower rate teams as Man City and at best I get 52% possession even when playing the full game. I play 4231 and at times I have big gaps in midfield despite having to holding players. 2 wide men Sane and Sterling just get the ball and run, even at time running the ball out of play for a goal kick when under no presssure. If the have space to cut in they don't seem aware of it. Sometimes they will try and cross the ball in far to early and others when someone is in front they try and always goes for a corner. In matches I have also had the whole team go up for a corner except the keeper. Finally the 2d is far too small the pitch is bright green and difficult to pick out players and the ball. Last years effort for 2d was excellent. 

Other than that and I know its a beta i am enjoying it.

Overall, not really enjoying the new version too much compared to FMT 2017 which I absolutely loved.

Main gripes are the UI - for example, the fonts seem a bit small, and I find the layout of the Scouting player search screen a bit hard to see what's going on at a glance. 

No real concerns about the match engine but the user interface and general layout is really putting me off this year's version and I think I'd rather play FMT 2017 instead.  Hope to see some refinements made in the final version!

Edited by 2481

On 10/30/2017 at 13:32, OldTimer said:

Sorry for asking this again, but the question seemed to get lost with all the other posts. Im hoping the DOF doesn't use promises, because i still dont think its possible to see what promises have been made again this year. 

Thanks for any replys in advance

It is possible to see promises. You have to change one of the info screens on you home screen. Possibly elsewhere as well.

Untitled.png

48 minutes ago, Linie said:

It is possible to see promises. You have to change one of the info screens on you home screen. Possibly elsewhere as well.

Untitled.png

Your a star bud. I would not have found that in there