FM Touch 2018 Official Feedback Thread

Commentary only- so much better than the beta version however a couple of things:

1. Lots of "phantom" goals which come from nowhere and in the report box there is no explanation of how the goal was scored. Particullarly annoying when giving away a pentaly and can't see who commited the foul.

2. IS there any way to see the players ratings at the end of the match screen?

3. Is there any way to turn the graphics off all together? I don't need to see pixulated players at the end of matches.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I played the FM touch 2018 demo for a bit and I just wanted to say that I really like the 2d classic in this version. As I remember people complaining about it I wanted to take the time to say that I actually like it. I normally use the 3d match engine, but I may use both this time. I like the 3d engine as well.  I do notice some slight general delay in responsiveness so I hope that will get fixed (if not already). I also had one instance where the half time stats screen wouldn't go away and the match played in the background in the second half. As a last note I wanted to say that I really appreciate how SI deal with feedback and listen to their customers. Keep up the good work SI!

Edited by Pimsky84

I know SI won't answer this, but does anyone know if the real names fix thing also works on Touch? I've imported the files into the correct folders but on starting a new game, none of the details have been updated. Can someone message me with details of how to do this, or even if it's possible at all. Used to be on previous versions of Classic. 

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I've imported the files into the correct folders but on starting a new game, none of the details have been updated

Dave, have you done the cache-clearing thing in preferences? I haven't made any changes in FM18, but I'm pretty sure I had badges and real names in FM17.

Edited by warlock

I'm having my own problems with an odd bug in 3D matches (posted in the bugs forum here:

Basically, after a tactics change or substitution, the game clock freezes and the match does not proceed. Anyone else seeing this?

50 minutes ago, warlock said:

Dave, have you done the cache-clearing thing in preferences? I haven't made any changes in FM18, but I'm pretty sure I had badges and real names in FM17.

Aye, done all that, it's working fine in the full game, just not on Touch, really annoying. 

12 hours ago, samelders86 said:

I started a career unemployed with sunday league reputation. After 3 months Austria Wien approaches me for a job.... Something wrong in reputation settings??

They are desperate right now... :)

Graphics in match engine are very stop start.  Very difficult to watch a match.  I've tried adjusting the speed of the video several times.  I've checked the requirements and my laptop far exceeds the requirements.  

Bug I've encountered...one of my scouting assignments constantly changes to "General Focus" and then drops to nothing after a match?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, DJG78704 said:

Graphics in match engine are very stop start.  Very difficult to watch a match.  I've tried adjusting the speed of the video several times.  I've checked the requirements and my laptop far exceeds the requirements.  

Bug I've encountered...one of my scouting assignments constantly changes to "General Focus" and then drops to nothing after a match?

What are your 3D graphics settings set to in preferences?

I like saving the match overviews, so I am not too happy/keen on this screen.

PPpJ86.jpg

I feel the middle info is too narrow, would be better if it was made wider, just looks squashed when there is clearly enough room for it to be wider.

ZLPjLD.jpg

Edited by Maw74

I would expect this is in the full game as well, but what a phenomenal addition it is to be able to sign players who are retiring at the end of the season, but without a club up until they retire.

Only noticed it purely by chance when I clicked on a player who was retiring (I normally filter these out, and hadn't this time) in Jermaine Lens, was cracking to see he was willing to come in for the final 10 months or so before his retirement. 

On 11/15/2017 at 11:53, Maw74 said:

I like saving the match overviews, so I am not too happy/keen on this screen.

PPpJ86.jpg

I feel the middle info is too narrow, would be better if it was made wider, just looks squashed when there is clearly enough room for it to be wider.

ZLPjLD.jpg

Agree 100%. There is no need for the central panel to be so narrow. At least give us the option to adjust it ourselves. It looks silly, especially with all the clear space in the other panels

don't know if this is the right place for this but I'm just wondering how / why the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro (see link below) isn't apparently compatible with FMT 18 android, or whether it is compatible but has been missed. I'm currently looking into getting a new tablet and one of my hope is to get one that can play the game. The Yoga Tab 3 Pro is pretty much the same as the Yoga Tab 3 Plus (WHICH IS COMPATIBLE) but more powerful! So I'm just curious as to how the Tab 3 Pro isn't compatible? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MT75RSZ/ref=twister_B06VWCCQ16

Gave in and bought this and am pretty unwhelmed, particularly with the new 2D screen which just looks dreadful.

One small bug/tweak that needs fixing is when adding league updates on the interface meaning, the text is black on a black background and completely unreadable. Either that or the text doesn't show.

Are people achieving anything in Touch 18?

I'm starting to wonder because, even though I would never call myself "good", I'm astonished at how bad I am... The only other person I've seen plaing Touch is a youtuber who plays full FM every year, got good results, yet in Touch 18 he gets battered (like, badly).
I guess it's not the game, but I just check if more experienced players struggle more than they should.

Just something really minor on the iPad (Air, first version).

When I go to save a tactic, and want to change the name, it's pretty clunky.  The name doesn't seem to be selected automatically, and the text box is hidden behind the popup keyboard.

I've got around it by forcing my keyboard into the split version where it goes very small, and has half on the bottom left, and half bottom right - but it was pretty confusing at first - especially with the save as being greyed out.

The 3d match is weird - seems much more lo-fi than the last version I had (16), and much less definition.  I'm assuming that could be because in todays world my tablet is a bit underpowered, and it's giving me a lo-res version.

Overall though, I'm pretty impressed.  Some nice changes and nice touches.  The usual "where is the (x)" as a few things have moved around, but overall it looks and plays really well.

(could be because I've won all my pre-season games with my all-conquering Leeds side though.. I might change my mind after a few losses!)

Some early impressions. 

I love this new versions dark skin it is well done. the new UI takes some getting used to and is a bit unwieldy at times. why cant  we still not see player attribute ratings mid game if we dont sim games? the store confirmation windows pop up twice per item purchased Why was judging player potential and ability removed from the mental attributes view???

Overall I am very satisfied with the FMT 2018 IOS edition however, I would really like to have the communication features, shouts, pre-match, in-match and post-match talks would be great too!  Just say'in.

Hi everyone.

I think FMT18 is pretty awesome. Congratulations and keep the good work!

• Difficulty

However I would like to talk about the tactics screen. Compared to FMT17, in FMT18 isn’t so easy to drag a determined player for some position. I would prefer a big pitch on the right screen (like FMT17), instead a small. 

1E06031B-23B7-413D-807C-E4555A0E03BE.png

Edited by Tunes10

I´m playing with Solihull in Vanarama National and experiencing also a lot of penalties. In 18 league matches so far i´ve had 9 penalties called against me and none in favour. I know the team is bad in terms of quality for the league but it still feels too much.

On 02/12/2017 at 08:55, Blodfylla said:

I like this new match review screen, but why can't this information (attendance and player ratings) be available at half time and full time?

Skjermbilde.JPG

I agree. Very frustrating to not review this at HT / FT

6 hours ago, mdshep said:

I agree. Very frustrating to not review this at HT / FT

Just realised I can change the widgets, so I made one of them 'Overview' to see the attendance after half time, and I can see the ratings at half time via Tactics, list view.

Skjermbilde2.JPG

I'm on iPad.

Mainly loving the smoother match engine and match day interface, great job, makes the game more enjoyable. Little things like menus for penalty takers before penalty kick and checking to proceed with substitute after a goal are great additions. Also waiting ages for corners etc have gone. Not sure why crowds are so sparse though?

Scouting also a little better in terms of presentation but email reports aren't as info filled 'first glance' than on FM17 (plus white aesthetic is a little harsh on the eyes). Scouts team reports are much much better, thumbs up

Pet hate at the moment is having not being able to see subs fitness/sharpness unless clicking through 2 menus to get to custom view EVERY TIME. Just change the default or set remember last custom view.

Match analysis is much quicker and easier. But really want to see player fitness between highlights (for some reason cant see this as an on pitch window either). Liking camera hight/zoom feature.

Liking the results summary at top of page, makes the more important news easier to digest.

Medical centre is okay Its good to have list of injured players and recover times in one place but lots of info on their i don't use or feel like i need, maybe I'll use it more in future? I'd prefer to see player list in one glance than having to scroll

All in all better game with main annoyance/frustration being the lack of fitness info on match day. Would still like to see mentor option though, maybe next year.

Edited by scwiffy

Just purchased FMT18 for iPad. Started a career with Melbourne Victory in the A-League. The injuries my team is sustaining are unbelievable, I always have at least 6 players unavailable. At the moment, I have 9 first team players injured. As soon as one player is healed up, another goes down without fail. I have had 2 matches where I have had to use all three subs as injury replacements. 

It may have to do with the level of my medical staff but surely it has to be relative to the league you are playing In? My medical staff are fine for the leagues level.

I almost want a refund as the game in unplayable with my favorite team.

Trying really hard to like FM18 but so far just still can't quite get into it. 

Couple of questions:

• How do you view opposition player ratings at half time?
  • How do you view the attendance at half-time or during the game? Previously there was an Info tab which gave score, attendance etc on matchday screen. 

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

So far after about 10 games, I've only had any feedback from the AssMan during a game once.  For all games but one, it is just  a big blank space where I expect to see their feedback.  I was sure I was going to the wrong place until it popped up once, never to be seen again.

Also, there have been a few penalties handed out ( 3 in my last game - a gut wrenching 3-4 extra time loss to Newcastle in the League Cup), but quite often the highlights cut straight to "Player(x) prepares to take the penalty".  No highlights of the lead up to the penalty at all.  I would say that occurs around 50% of the time.

I also find the tactics screen hard to use.  I've managed to add player positions etc, but moving the columns around to get everything to fit is a real exercise in frustration.

On 02/12/2017 at 08:55, Blodfylla said:

I like this new match review screen, but why can't this information (attendance and player ratings) be available at half time and full time?

Skjermbilde.JPG

What did you do to make the player condition show up?

is it possible to customize the players information? If yes, how?

On 05/12/2017 at 20:12, Goalsneak said:

Just purchased FMT18 for iPad. Started a career with Melbourne Victory in the A-League. The injuries my team is sustaining are unbelievable, I always have at least 6 players unavailable. At the moment, I have 9 first team players injured. As soon as one player is healed up, another goes down without fail. I have had 2 matches where I have had to use all three subs as injury replacements. 

It may have to do with the level of my medical staff but surely it has to be relative to the league you are playing In? My medical staff are fine for the leagues level.

I almost want a refund as the game in unplayable with my favorite team.

I had this with my Accrington Stanley side - constant injuries. Until I went a bit easier on the training. I set it to rest before and after a match and lighter training. Plus a bit of rotation with the players. Now I don’t get so many injuries. Although now the squad morale has taken a dip! 

On 7.12.2017 at 12:15, Keyzer Soze said:

What did you do to make the player condition show up?

is it possible to customize the players information? If yes, how?

Are you playing windowed mode? If so, try making the window bigger, it should show up.

Edited by Blodfylla