Crazy Man City Bid For Hazard!!!

Alright So I had pretty bad season. finished fourth and surprisingly wasn't sacked. Hazard had a pretty decent season assisting a lot and had a good overall rating. Man City were chasing him for last two months. I had all those gossips coming up that Man City chasing him and all that in the news feed and social media. They made an inquiry after the season ended. I had no intention to sell him so I replied with a demand of 120m Pound and guess what they accepted. WHAT The.....Ha ha. I can't belive my eyes. Its only in 2nd year of the playing. Is this real or a bug?Insert image from URL

man city crazy bid.jpg

hazard inquiry.jpg

Yes, it was the transfer talk of the summer in my save - quite entertaining from the perspective of my part-timers. He went for 70 Mil. Then newly-crowned champions City tried to immediately hijack United's 61Mil deal for Griezmann, unsuccessfully as it happens. It all overshadowed Oxlade-Chamberlain's move to Real Madrid!

He is still at Chelsea in my save (Chelsea did win the league) but Man Utd signed Dybala for 85mil Man City signed someone who I cant recall off the top of my head for a potential 99mil and bid 120mil for HIguain but it fell through for some reason. Griezman was getting bids of around 90mil but he ended up staying too.

Man United bought Marco Reus off me (Dortmund) for £111m recently. I don't think a team as stupidly rich as Man City spending that on Hazard is that unrealistic, and after years and years of a stale transfer system in FM it's great to see.

If these clubs where human controlled, this is the kind of bids humans would make for world class players from rival opponents, to many times in the past AI controlled clubs where to scared to break the bank for world beaters whos clubs didnt want to sell. Now they take a more aggresive approach when identifying the player they want, i for one think its a gd thing.

3 minutes ago, puffascruffowitz said:

I was surprised in my save to see 20 yr old Ousmane Dembele go for 80 million pounds to City. I know he's one of the best prospects in the game, but c'mon!

Not too mad considering the Pogba fee. I'm managing Dortmund in the first season, made it to February and he has over 40 assists, an 8.5 rating and won the Golden Boy award. 

City is going crazy in my save too. Bought Verratti for 89 million pound. They bought Firmino for 60 million pound. Both in the 2017 summer window.

I bought Kane for 50 million and sold Sturridge for 60. Serious fees in England :p

14 hours ago, edgar555 said:

Well Chelsea wouldn't let me have him even when I bid up to £150m (I'm Spurs) despite him wanting to join. I'd have been delighted to pay only £120m

Seems to be a running thing in FM AI will accept bids from AI clubs but bids from the player get turned down and they will only accept if you vastly over pay what the AI pays. My latest example was playing as Sunderland finish 6th in the league win the FA cup and try to buy Moussa Dembele from Celtic Celtic wanted 9.75mil plus addons then the player's starting demands was 130k a week (highest earner is 80k) a match highest earner clause a huge signing fee massive bonuses and a tiny release clause. I negotiated and he made his stupidly low release fee non negotitable (about 15milion for a player I could end up paying about 13 on) and the lowest I could get his wages down to was 100k but because of all the bonuses and match highest earner clause plus that insane release fee he wouldn't budge on I declined. Fast forward a week and Celtic accept a 6.75mil bid from stoke (no addons) I bid 6.75 just to see and they ask for the old amount. Fast forward another week and he signs for Stoke (who in comparison to me top 6 finish, cup win and europa league football next season and who are below me in the reputation rankings finished 17th by one point) on a 55k a week contract and no release fee clause. Happens every year.

On the crazy transfer bids in Jan second season for me PSG tried to buy back David Luiz for 80 odd mil! but he turned them down. Real Madrid tried to buy Rashford but it didn't happen either and Man City bought Kane for 90mil.

The bid for hazard to be fair is about right. If you look at the transfers this season in real life, you have average players going for 30 million +. Why not 110 million for one of the best players in the premier league.

In my game i sold Icardi to Man City for 145 millons. The next season they sold de Bruyne to PSG for like 70/80, for me that was even weirder than the Icardi bid. Verratti went to Utd. for 99, Saul for 80 to PSG. There are a lot of expensive signings from those 3 clubs. I still find odd that top tier teams sell some players that are indispensable to them like de Bruyne. For stupidly high fees yeah, but at this point in time, 120 mil is the threshold in FM, i cringe every time i see bids accepted for franchise/irreplaceable  players accepted for less, specially when they are fighting for the top spot in the league or pushing as high as possible in the Champions.

Archived