Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Twellman24 said:

that happens in real life. 

The most annoying thing for me in all FM games was that in every season injuries were focused on one position only.
It seems that's gonna be the case again.
Literally no other injuries except for ones that are already there when you start and then within two weeks three goalkeepers get injured.
Yea, right.

Noticed that when appointed manager of Bishop's Stortford (I began unemployed), my managerial photo within the news item now shows me sporting a shaved head. I originally had short black hair when creating my profile.

Not sure if it's normal for us to have hair cuts in-game or whether this is an unintended issue?

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

The most annoying thing for me in all FM games was that in every season injuries were focused on one position only.
Literally no other injuries except for ones that are already there when you start and then within two weeks three goalkeepers get injured.
Yea, right.

And look at all the hundreds of other users who've had the same 'issue' so far. 

Oh, wait...

1 minute ago, louissiscool said:

Does anyone know how i can get my old graphics to work in the current game?

Just move it to your Fm 2017 folder, in pref. set empty cache and re-loading skin.

6 minutes ago, turgi said:

When trying to install the game. Steam ask me to choose a directory and the default is program files84x.

Wouldn't it mean that it will be the 32 bit version?

No, Steam itself is installed as a 32-bit application, so that's why it installs there, FM will be 64-bit.

24 minutes ago, JBZ said:

Similar for me, and I'm sure it was 4 or 5 stars for FM16

Also, Downloadable content- presumably not available til release date?

Shame if so, as wanted to start a game as national manager too

It was!

I can play FIFA on my graphics card, so no way should it be half a star and low?

Unless something has changed or I'm doing something wrong or need to do something?

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

I did find the red and black stats logo on the match screen to be very out of place. 

It looks like 90's word art in an otherwise impressively sleek default skin. 

That's the logo of the company that acquired Prozone: http://www.stats.com/press-releases/stats-acquires-prozone/

One of the handy features from the Classic mode has made it into the full mode this year. I always leave training to my assistant as it's an area of the game I'm not really interested in. Sometimes though, I do want to train a player in a new position. Previously you had to change the whole staff responsibilities. Now, you can get a player trained individually without doing this. Gives you the option to change it overall or just that instance with that player. Nice one. This'll make a huge difference to my game. 

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, claassen said:

The competitions (leagues and cups) are not created to Kosovo and there are only 13 clubs.. :(

Kosovo clubs will participe to the  European Competitions from next season.

Can you raise the issue here please? - https://community.sigames.com/topic/381347-world-official-specific-issues/

Thanks.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, JBZ said:

Similar for me, and I'm sure it was 4 or 5 stars for FM16

Also, Downloadable content- presumably not available til release date?

Shame if so, as wanted to start a game as national manager too

You can select to be national manager and club manager at the same time at the start of the game (unless you're talking FMT)?

If you're having problems with star ratings please raise it on the bugs forum. Thanks. 

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Hagginho said:

My game just crashed. Is there any crash-file i can send and help you? 

Please raise the issue on our crash forum, describing exactly what happened and please attach the crash dump file. Forum can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/

Thanks. 

I am using the data analyst view on matches..looks good. Not sure how many new views there are must check FM16 as I only used the Directors view on that iteration.

Edited by Kazza

Just now, Kazza said:

I am using the data analyst view on matches..looks good. Not sure hoew many new views there are must check FM16 as I only used the Directors view on that iteration.

That view has just replaced the Prozone view from last year. 

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, nicobile said:

I found what i think is a game breaking bug. 

I started as Barcelona, spent like 4 hours looking at players, scouting (you should make the scout report confirmation have a tick box so it doesnt appear every time) and making tactics. After a couple of days my assistant asked me to choose the players that would go on the training camp. I decided to try the automatic option that says they will pick some youths ( also this should be like all other versions of fm, where you have the final decision and not completely automatic). I was happy with the 40 players he chose, so i continued. 

Another couple of days passed, and i got another mail telling me that the training camp was starting. It only said 32 instead of 40 players, but i didnt realize at the time. One day after that, i got like 10 mails telling me the best players in my team wants to talk to me about leaving them out of the training camp. I looked at the registration window under squad and not even one player went to the camp, all my starters wants to leave because of this. 

Did this happened to anyone else?

Please raise the issue on our bugs forum ideally with a save game from just beforehand if possible. Forum can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

One of the handy features from the Classic mode has made it into the full mode this year. I always leave training to my assistant as it's an area of the game I'm not really interested in. Sometimes though, I do want to train a player in a new position. Previously you had to change the whole staff responsibilities. Now, you can get a player trained individually without doing this. Gives you the option to change it overall or just that instance with that player. Nice one. This'll make a huge difference to my game. 

Wooooo!! Excellent. This is something I brought up myself recently as it annoys me too. An excellent addition.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Yea, right.

The game is not programmed to work like that at all, it's just coincidence. 

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, turgi said:

When trying to install the game. Steam ask me to choose a directory and the default is program files84x.

Wouldn't it mean that it will be the 32 bit version?

Nope. If you have a 64-bit OS, you'll be running the 64-bit version. 

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Michael Zorc said:

Noticed that when appointed manager of Bishop's Stortford (I began unemployed), my managerial photo within the news item now shows me sporting a shaved head. I originally had short black hair when creating my profile.

Not sure if it's normal for us to have hair cuts in-game or whether this is an unintended issue?

Please raise it on the bugs forum and we can look into it. Forum is here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/512-football-manager-2017-pre-release-beta-bugs-forum/

Thanks. 

Noticed that your Assistant Manager can now recommend things like asking the board to improve the club's youth facilities, when giving advice on transfer policy.

Assistant also links scouting advice to achieving objectives set out within agreed club philosophies, such as developing younger players.

These are things I don't remember seeing last version.

I have a 31 year old player at HK.

When I hover over "overview" on his profile page, one of the options available is that I can send him on a coaching course. 

The only problem is that he doesn't appear to have a coaching profile and seems to be just a player. 

Has the coaching profile been moved if it exists?

4 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Please raise the issue on our bugs forum ideally with a save game from just beforehand if possible. Forum can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Thanks. 

I only have the save game i made the first day. Will that work? After i saw the issue i just restarted and didnt save again, sorry.

55 minutes ago, BlairNo.1 said:

How do you know what attributes are required to make a good data analyst and sports scientist? All the other roles have highlighted attributes but the new ones don't.

Thanks

Sports Scientist requires the Fitness attribute.  Data Analyst has no required attributes.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

When I hover over "overview" on his profile page, one of the options available is that I can send him on a coaching course. 

The only problem is that he doesn't appear to have a coaching profile and seems to be just a player. 

You can do this and his coaching stats will be generated at the end of the course I believe. 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, nicobile said:

I only have the save game i made the first day. Will that work? After i saw the issue i just restarted and didnt save again, sorry.

No I'm afraid not. I'd suggest using the 'Save As' function to have backup saves and see if you can reproduce it. Cheers.

1 hour ago, penza said:

where are the AI tactics saved there is used to be a tactics folder in the data folder anyone can help?

anyone? it used to be in the data folder.. then tactics and you could find 4-4-2 it has to be somewhere cause in the pre-game editor you can find them there

34 minutes ago, Michael Zorc said:

Just noticed another nice little feature - the ability to ask your board about potentially moving to professional status when managing a semi-pro club. :thup:

That isnt a new feature nor is assistant suggestting to improve facilities actually

• SI Staff
19 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

He will only generate a staff profile when he either retires or is ready to move into this part of the game.
Players as young as 28 are now able, under the right circumstances, to go on coaching courses. If they gain the badge it will be recorded under 'Information' and will mean they generate a staff profile with a higher CA when the time comes. Think of it as them preparing for life after playing.

Hopefully im allowed to give positive feedback. I really like the visual update in the 3d ME, look better, more fluid and more natural this year. I've also had the problem with my manager all of a sudden feeling like he wanted to be a skinhead, perhaps its a hidden feature after brexit happened.

11 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Data Analyst has no required attributes.

So how can you tell if they can do the job well? Or are they all the same i.e. they can either do the job or they can't? If they are all the same, does that mean they all cost the same in wages?