Jump to content

Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

Personally, I don't think that's bad. If the defence doesn't shift over then there's a spare attacker on the side of the pitch where the ball is. A decision has to be made and the switch of play works well, but if the defence didn't shift over, there would likely have been an overload of players and plenty of space for the attacking team on that right flank.

The video does a really bad show of the whole move , but my main issue is Rossiter who was right with the goal scorer initially deciding to leave him and run all the way across the pitch to the ball carrier on the other side. We were over run and yest the defence had to shift across, but they did that thing where they all gravitated towards the ball rather (like primary school football) rather than taking up proper positions.

 Anyway it's Rossiters positioning that is problematic , I think.

http://i.imgur.com/I8NeG1d.jpg

https://s13.postimg.org/983y1ad6v/rossiter_2.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

Personally, I don't think that's bad. If the defence doesn't shift over then there's a spare attacker on the side of the pitch where the ball is. A decision has to be made and the switch of play works well, but if the defence didn't shift over, there would likely have been an overload of players and plenty of space for the attacking team on that right flank.

The video does a really bad show of the whole move , but my main issue is Rossiter who was right with the goal scorer initially deciding to leave him and run all the way across the pitch to the ball carrier on the other side. We were over run and yest the defence had to shift across, but they did that thing where they all gravitated towards the ball rather (like primary school football) rather than taking up proper positions.

 Anyway it's Rossiters positioning that is problematic , I think.

I8NeG1d.jpg

rossiter_2.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
5 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

quick question: where is the subscription tab for leagues, awards and so on that used to be a tab in the inbox news ???

It's on the Social Feed now, click 'Manage' in the bottom-right corner of the screen to edit your subscriptions or 'Manage Who You Follow', the search bar to the right of the panel is for following/unfollowing leagues, awards, players, teams etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ant Farley said:

It's on the Social Feed now, click 'Manage' in the bottom-right corner of the screen to edit your subscriptions or 'Manage Who You Follow', the search bar to the right of the panel is for following/unfollowing leagues, awards, players, teams etc.

Thank you Art :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
8 hours ago, Michael Zorc said:

Re: above, I am able to rewind the game and view previous highlights but when switching back to "live", I get stuck at the same point with the exact same thing happening.

Before I forcefully exit the game (no other choice), are there any specific screenshots the SI team would like me to take here?

Please raise the issue on our UI forum here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/515-match-engine-issues/

Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
8 hours ago, moyesout said:

for my under 18 and 23 squads ( as Man u) when i add the scout recommendations next to say position, avg rating over 5 games so I know whos a up and comer when i click off the page and return the star recommendations disappear.

Would be nice to ensure they consistently remain

Please raise this on our UI forum which can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/516-user-interface-issues/

Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
8 hours ago, mariuscascada said:

U have make a mistake with Ronny deila former Celtic FC manager he win the Scottish premiership in 2014/15 , 2015/16 & also win the Scottish league cup in 2014/15 

Please raise the issue on our research and database issues for Scotlamd which can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/381631-scotland-official-data-issues/#comment-10479522

Thanks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
8 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Had my first major crash not too long into the game, not a crash dump, but the game stopped working and I had to close it down. Looks great so far though!

Please could you raise it on our crashes forum ideally with the crash dump file and description of what happened? Crashes forum is here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/

Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
8 hours ago, conorcheyne said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned but I won my first CL qualifier Leg 3-0 and one of the reporters questions was "You hit the woodwork 3 times and still never won".

I'm assuming it's because it's only the 1st leg done and the system is registering it as the game not actually won because the 2nd Leg is still to play.

Okay sounds like a press conference question. If you have a save game ideally just before the match, would be ideal if you could upload the save game so we can take a look. Even if you don't, please do raise the issue here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
6 hours ago, kingkalvin said:

You guys are lucky. I can't even get the game to start. I just get a black screen, tried all the fixed I can think of

Please raise the issue here and we'll try to help - https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
3 hours ago, turgi said:

I have dual monitors.

Since installing FM17 when i press somewhere on the second monitor with thew mouse it will minimize FM.

Never used to to it with FM16

You need to run it either in Windowed mode or perhaps Maximum Borderless Windowed mode via the display settings in the preferences. On Full Screen you can't remain in game if you click elsewhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, MartsMac1982 said:

I've found an issue that has happened a couple of times now where when i sign a player (in this case Youri Tielemans from Anderlecht for Man Utd) , the social feed says "we can confirm that YT has agreed to join Anderlecht" from the "official Man Utd social media account in game" it should be the other way around, Utd posting he's joined United from Anderlecht 

Okay please raise the issue here for us - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, sufcdan said:

Playing as Southend United in league two....every match i have played, home and away there are NOBODY in the stands? anyone else getting this?

 

Was up till 2am playing the game last night...love it :D

Yeah what graphics quality are you running in via the preferences? If you go into preferences -> match you will have the option to tick a check box to have crowds etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
24 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

The video does a really bad show of the whole move , but my main issue is Rossiter who was right with the goal scorer initially deciding to leave him and run all the way across the pitch to the ball carrier on the other side. We were over run and yest the defence had to shift across, but they did that thing where they all gravitated towards the ball rather (like primary school football) rather than taking up proper positions.

 Anyway it's Rossiters positioning that is problematic , I think.

I8NeG1d.jpg

rossiter_2.png

Please take the time to raise this kind of stuff within our match engine bugs forum here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/515-match-engine-issues/

Would also be good to include the pkms and time the incidents occur. Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
54 minutes ago, sufcdan said:

Can anyone help.....saved my game last night to the cloud (it had like 3 different backups as it saves it periodically)

 

I have logged onto a different computer today with steam, loaded up FM17, gone to load my game but its only showing one save on the cloud....and that was MUCH earlier in the evening

 

Any ideas?

How were you saving the backups? Auto saves or 'Save As'? Do you have any files saved to disk at all in your documents folder, or the cloud folder found here? - C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\cloud\games

You'll need to turn on hidden files and folders to find the above location. Let us know, thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall speed of the match engine on an older laptop (4 year old Toshiba Qosmio model - admittedly, it was really good for it's time) has been really impressive. Just as good, in fact, probably better, than what I experienced on FM16. I haven't had a single speed issue. This is a real "unsung" highlight for me.

Saved game speed and general ability to navigate through screens actually seems a bit faster, (not sure if I am imagining this, though), which is awesome.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting speed to increase on the new version while using an older laptop so it comes as a pleasant surprise, even if not directly related to a football management-specific feature.

Well done SI. :thup:

Minor bugs here and there throughout the interface (as is being reported on here) but have to say that the general core of the game is excellent and functioning well.

On the tactical side, I would have liked either a "false fullback" role or the ability to recreate it (using instructions) in the mould used sometimes by Pep Guardiola (fullback pushes firmly infield to play in front of, and occasionally inside, the splitting centre backs during build-up play, alongside a midfield pivot) so that was one small area that I felt was limiting within this new version of FM. Perhaps more experimentation in additional matches with other roles/duties/instructions is required by me, though. I did try the Inverted Wingback role but this is a different role entirely and probably isn't intended to work in the way I envisage the "false fullback" role behaving. Apart from that, I'm quite happy. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the social network features although Vicenzo Corrado can get tae ****. He's going to be even more annoyed when he realises that I just sacked the club's only legend as U20's manager (in my defence I didn't realise he was a legend till after I sacked him and he looked a rubbish U20s manager).

 Gavin Webb_  Social Feed-2.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Ant Farley said:

It's on the Social Feed now, click 'Manage' in the bottom-right corner of the screen to edit your subscriptions or 'Manage Who You Follow', the search bar to the right of the panel is for following/unfollowing leagues, awards, players, teams etc.

Is there any way to hide that 'manage who you follow' list on the right hand side?

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

Loving the social network features although Vicenzo Corrado can get tae ****. He's going to be even more annoyed when he realises that I just sacked the club's only legend as U20's manager (in my defence I didn't realise he was a legend till after I sacked him and he looked a rubbish U20s manager).

 Gavin Webb_  Social Feed-2.png

Can't say I am tbh. Do you get any substantial news in the social network page, ie anything that doesn't come up in news?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Can't say I am tbh. Do you get any substantial news in the social network page, ie anything that doesn't come up in news?

It seems to be, and bear in mind I've only advanced two days here, basically another space for world news and all the stuff you've subscribed to. So as before you would get your favourite team news to your inbox now it appears there. Less inbox clutter I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wavelberry said:

It seems to be, and bear in mind I've only advanced two days here, basically another space for world news and all the stuff you've subscribed to. So as before you would get your favourite team news to your inbox now it appears there. Less inbox clutter I think.

That would be great if I could shut down the social network and world news pages. I'm a lower league manager; what goes on in the next village is of little relevance to me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Flashman said:

Hi folks - could anyone tell me how to watch highlights / goals in a pop-up window?  I'm sure Miles mentioned it in the features video but I can't seem to find it...

You need to click on highlights bottom right when there is a league summary displayed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi just thought I would give my  feedback

 

first congrats on the beta match engine and the game as a whole, best beta m/e since beta started.

but.... ;)

few bits.  away from home the team seems to capitulate too quick, you go from 0 0 t 4 nil down so quick the home team seem to score at ease where as you get chances but they all miss. 3 away games playing conservative counter attack so nothing gung ho

and so far lost 5 1 lost 4 nil lost 4 nil.

players don't seem to react fast enough, players hang about when the ball is free where as the opposition are alive to the ball being loose.

pace doesn't seem to matter

odegard (spelt wrong) hes available for loan but I cant press the loan button its greyed out. I can loan everyone else just not him

sometimes you cant click on proceed it just wont budge to the next screen you have to click on something else a few times then try again

any chance of making the mouse pointer a different colour just when its white on white background it almost  disappears.

thanks and as I said so far the game is amazing

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • SI Staff
12 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Has the favoured personnel info on a player profile page been removed.

 

I'm managing HK in Iceland and I have 2 players withe the same non-Icelandic surname who have Nepalese as their 2nd Nationality yest it doesn't list them as relatives?

No, it has not been removed.

In this instance it is down to the preference not being added for those two youngsters. I have emailed the Icelandic HR to ask about their relationship.

10 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Bit of an odd England manager appointment in my test game - Jose Antonio Camacho who last managed China in 2013.  Can't imagine that being particularly realistic.

I have amended his profile now, and hopefully that should enable that he will not be considered for that job in the release version of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jacknjill said:

away from home the team seems to capitulate too quick, you go from 0 0 t 4 nil down so quick the home team seem to score at ease where as you get chances but they all miss. 3 away games playing conservative counter attack so nothing gung ho

and so far lost 5 1 lost 4 nil lost 4 nil.

Could you please start a thread in the Tactics forum? https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/  

Posting your detailed tactical set up will be very useful - formation, player roles/duties, mentality, team shape, TIs & PIs - screen shots if possible.  Also who you are playing as and the opposition teams you've had problems against.  A pkm or two of the heavy losses would be ideal as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

im looking at the premier league and clubs have there full names but when i checked out the brzilian naitonal 1st division all the clubs dont have there full names they are just the first 3 letters in capitals eg. GRE - gremio 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.

 

I've found some missing customization features in FM17 beta compared with FM16.

 

1. Will we have any chance to set image file to manager picture?

 

2. I saw that FM17 shows Personal assistant's name and picture (as black silhouette), Will we have any chance to customize personal assistant?

 

thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, W. Jason said:

Hello.

 

I've found some missing customization features in FM17 beta compared with FM16.

 

1. Will we have any chance to set image file to manager picture?

 

I think this is highly unlikely, because you can now smash your face into a 3d avatar. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm loving it so far. I do have one negative comment though. The social media feed doesn't comment at all on International football (at least in the first game I started) I just beat Scotland 5-1 as England, and the social media feed is full of comments about Tranmere Rovers and Dundee but has never featured any tweet on the international side of things. Surely that's going to be glaring during a world cup or European championship?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, decapitated said:

I'm loving it so far. I do have one negative comment though. The social media feed doesn't comment at all on International football (at least in the first game I started) I just beat Scotland 5-1 as England, and the social media feed is full of comments about Tranmere Rovers and Dundee but has never featured any tweet on the international side of things. Surely that's going to be glaring during a world cup or European championship?

Have you set your feed to follow national sides?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...