Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Mr Adam said:

Has there been a patch already? Just loaded up Steam and FM and it seemed to download something.

They're probably doing lots of minor "patches" as they go along to fix specific bugs as they're identified and repaired. That's partly why they prefer to refer to them as updates these days (also sounds better tho ;) ).

The ME is a delight to play. What a big difference too FM16. Nice new futures. 

Only little thing is when 2 players, keeper and a striker, battle for a ball and the player loses he stops moving, he just stand there. Other little thing is when a cross came in my keeper ran into my defenders, the ball was lose, and the opponent could tip in. 

But really, a really solid beta. Great. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Just tried to teach my GK a PPM

2 options. 

Passing. Play simple passing game. Try killer balls where possible, avoid attempting through balls, look for the pass rather than the shot, slow down lay now and then. attempt long range free-kicks, dictate tempo, attempt long range passes, switch possession, start counters with long throws. 

Technique. Avoid using weaker foot. Attempt a flat bullet throw. Develop his weaker foot. 

Now my GK's are known to be more attacking than most, but some of those are not very GK-friendly. 

Can you raise this here please? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Thanks. 

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Just had my first crash, happened at the sumbit team screen, probably issue with loading the match.

Crash dump wasn't created in my user data folder, is it somewhere else now?

Does it reproduce for you? 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

Took seven players on trial and had a press conference for every one of them yet I signed several players and nothing. That seems like it could do with tweaking.

Raise this here please - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Many thanks.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, arneaux said:

The ME is a delight to play. What a big difference too FM16. Nice new futures. 

Only little thing is when 2 players, keeper and a striker, battle for a ball and the player loses he stops moving, he just stand there. Other little thing is when a cross came in my keeper ran into my defenders, the ball was lose, and the opponent could tip in. 

But really, a really solid beta. Great. 

If you've got examples in a match, would be good if you uploaded the pkm and told us the time in match on our match engine forums here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/515-match-engine-issues/

Thanks. 

Interesting thing I noticed at half time in the first league game I've played. 

I noticed during the first half there seemed to be quite a few free kicks just outside the box for both teams. At half time I went to the analysis section and looked up both teams free kick stats. It only showed a few free kicks for both teams, none of which were just outside the box. Weird. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Does anyone know how to change it so that the 'between highlights' panel shows players you've subbed on being in the first XI names in the line up other than the other way around? Probably not explaining that very well. 

In other words, so it displays your current XI on the pitch as the most visible? I'd like that as well.

Edited by Lord Rowell

Just now, Lord Rowell said:

In other words, so it displays your current XI on the pitch? I'd like that as well.

Aye that's it. I'm sure I was able to change that in a setting somewhere, but I can't remember where. 

Also, I notice on the new 'players' section in your club's history section showing all players that have played that season - an excellent addition - it also shows staff members. Clearly they're not going to be playing matches unless they're also registered to play. I can't imagine my 51-yr old scout is going to get many games for me this season. 

How do you change tie color once you've moved clubs? Say, for example, you start a save managing Manchester United with a red tie but then move to Manchester City, you would want to change your tie color to blue.

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Aye that's it. I'm sure I was able to change that in a setting somewhere, but I can't remember where. 

Also, I notice on the new 'players' section in your club's history section showing all players that have played that season - an excellent addition - it also shows staff members. Clearly they're not going to be playing matches unless they're also registered to play. I can't imagine my 51-yr old scout is going to get many games for me this season. 

He might get a game at Sunderland if Defoe gets injured ;)

Something else weird I've noticed. 

Go to the match report of a match in a league you don't have on full detail and look at the line ups. All over the place. Midfielders at the top of the line up where the keeper should be etc. I like to keep tabs on my Scottish team even though I've not got the league on full detail, this breaks immersion a bit. 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Something else weird I've noticed. 

Go to the match report of a match in a league you don't have on full detail and look at the line ups. All over the place. Midfielders at the top of the line up where the keeper should be etc. I like to keep tabs on my Scottish team even though I've not got the league on full detail, this breaks immersion a bit. 

Can you raise it here please? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/516-user-interface-issues/

Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Does it reproduce for you? 

What do you mean reproduce? As in can I reproduce it?

I think I've just done it again and I'm so mad. Haven't saved for 5 games, just got in form and everything started going well after a rough start to the season and just before the game I'd save after it crashes, ffs.

I think it occurs if I alt-tab just after pressing submit team, so before the ME  loads. I think that's the reason both times.

I also have a Champions League stream open in VLC player, so that might be causing some GPU errors, other video being played.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I think I've just done it again and I'm so mad. Haven't saved for 5 games, just got in form and everything started going well after a rough start to the season and just before the game I'd save after it crashes, ffs.

Just bear in mind that you are playing a BETA version of the game. It's in the nature of beta releases that there could be bugs and crashes. 

25 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Does anyone know how to change it so that the 'between highlights' panel shows players you've subbed on being in the first XI names in the line up other than the other way around? Probably not explaining that very well. 

we'll have to wait until the full version is released

Just now, KUBI said:

Just bear in mind that you are playing a BETA version of the game. It's in the nature of beta releases that there could be bugs and crashes. 

Kubi, sorry for this little off-topic but do you know if the files from FM16 editor data folder would work with FM17 ? The files I have are all pre-season tournements

2 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Kubi, sorry for this little off-topic but do you know if the files from FM16 editor data folder would work with FM17 ? The files I have are all pre-season tournements

They don't work in the beta, you need to load it into the fm 2017 editor and save it again. My guess is, that most will work, some has to be adapted, but unless there are no major chances to the editor, the files from 2016 should work in FM 2017.

34 minutes ago, brookie1402 said:

Is there a way to use an actual photo as my manager picture 'my profile' rather that the generated one?

I've posted this elsewhere but please include an option to change it back so you can have a photo as your manager profile.

Can I say that I'm really dissapointed that you can no longer have an actual photo on your manager profile. As good as face scan is, and as good as it looks in the match engine, it is still not as high quality as a photo. If you're hoping for realism and immersion then this just does the exact opposite - to see an obviously computer generated face when the rest of your team/staff has photos is crazy. And for what reason? I just find it a really terrible, bizarre decision to not be able to include a photo.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

They don't work in the beta, you need to load it into the fm 2017 editor and save it again. My guess is, that most will work, some has to be adapted, but unless there are no major chances to the editor, the files from 2016 should work in FM 2017.

Thank you, I will give it a try at least with some

cheers

8 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I'm not saying anything about that, should've known better.

Had like 2 crashes total in FM16 and none in 13h of FM17, so I stopped saving every other game.

Hopefully my info will be useful.

38 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

There are far more injuries in this version than last years. Whether that's too many I don't know. Also that red "stats" logo looks rubbish and is distracting. Just get rid of the black background and change the text to plain white and it'd look fine. 

I'm not sure any changes were made with regard to injuries. I believe injuries have always been a little low in FM in recent years. Over what time frame have you drawn this conclusion, and have you uploaded a save if you're convinced it's an issue? 

44 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

There are far more injuries in this version than last years. Whether that's too many I don't know. Also that red "stats" logo looks rubbish and is distracting. Just get rid of the black background and change the text to plain white and it'd look fine. 

Injuries in FM are in general just about 75% to 80% as high as in real football. That does not mean that you can't have 12 injured players in your squad. It just means that other clubs will have just one or two. As in real football, it's all about good or bad luck. And a little in heavy training and a lot of tacklings.

• SI Staff
41 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

It is an area that we are constantly reviewing and updating and have been doing so in the time between now and last year's version. However overall numbers should be about constant with FM16. In-game injuries are about 75%-80% of the level seen in reality. Obviously the amount you see personally is heavily dependent on many factors, and the numbers at the beginning of the game may be inflated due to the injuries present in the DB. 

If you find you have either too few, too many or an odd frequency of a specific type/cause please do post in here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/ - but keep in mind that for it to be comparable with our own internal statistics we need large sample sizes, eg. a whole league over a whole season.

For reference, according to physioroom.com, this is the current number of injuries in the EPL - http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Cheers,
Seb.

Couple of bits from me, so far:

• Can't find the option to add your actual face in game, thought it was in preferences in FM16? Hope its not been removed.

• Also couldn't find subscriptions, where is this option?

• Loading times for preferences, saving/confirming/reloading skin seems to take a really long time, compared to FM16.

• Saving times seem quicker than FM16.

• These personal assistants (non clickable people) could do with a face; the black shadow looks odd...

personal.png

• Camacho being hired as England manager is pretty odd, given he's come straight from China. Reputation issue maybe?

• Love this addition on the squad screen:

love.png

• Also love the red STATS banner across the loading screen.

• This green opacity sweep of the game is going to get some getting used to.

I've raised this as a bug, but incase others are having the same issue. The match results and the tactical analysis don't appear to be syncing. Having just won my first league match 2-0, the analysis of my tactic seems off to say the least. 

EDIT - Ah, wait, the analysis is chances, not goals...has it always been like that? I thought in previous versions that screen showed you goals for and against? 

fix1.PNG

fix2.PNG

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I've raised this as a bug, but incase others are having the same issue. The match results and the tactical analysis don't appear to be syncing. Having just won my first league match 2-0, the analysis of my tactic seems off to say the least. 

fix1.PNG

fix2.PNG

You won 2-0 but the bars on the analysis are for chances created rather than goals scored.

Potential fix required here;

So Ac Milan player became unhappy after bid turned down by me, msg pops up saying he transfer listed, but even now after offering him contract his transfer status still showing "transfer status not set" nor is he avail on "Scouting" --> Transfer Status --> Listed with realistic transfers ticked off.

1 minute ago, arneaux said:

Bug; When in replay i want to see the data angle modus, but if i select it, i just replays the directors camera. 

Please start a thread in the bugs forum, match engine.

1 minute ago, moyesout said:

Potential fix required here;

So Ac Milan player became unhappy after bid turned down by me, msg pops up saying he transfer listed, but even now after offering him contract his transfer status still showing "transfer status not set" nor is he avail on "Scouting" --> Transfer Status --> Listed with realistic transfers ticked off.

Please post this issue in the bugs forum.

27 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

It is an area that we are constantly reviewing and updating and have been doing so in the time between now and last year's version. However overall numbers should be about constant with FM16. In-game injuries are about 75%-80% of the level seen in reality. Obviously the amount you see personally is heavily dependent on many factors, and the numbers at the beginning of the game may be inflated due to the injuries present in the DB. 

If you find you have either too few, too many or an odd frequency of a specific type/cause please do post in here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/ - but keep in mind that for it to be comparable with our own internal statistics we need large sample sizes, eg. a whole league over a whole season.

For reference, according to physioroom.com, this is the current number of injuries in the EPL - http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Cheers,
Seb.

regarding injuries being around 75-80% of real life...why is this not more towards 100% ?? whats the rationale behind that ?? 

Just now, kamackeris said:

regarding injuries being around 75-80% of real life...why is this not more towards 100% ?? whats the rationale behind that ?? 

could you imagine the forum rage!

I just finished 1st season with AS Roma and I came 2nd in Serie A which is normal ... 

but in I won the CL against Leicester in the final???!!! thats in FM Touch a bit unrealistic no? and the score even less realistic... 8-0!!!!