Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

They are linked in the very first post:

MATCH ENGINE

- Stop keepers punching the ball when making a save from a penalty

- Prevent a player from taking a throw in from behind the goal line

- Give more time at the end of the match when a team wins a competition

- Fixed missing commentary for competition win at the end of a shootout

- Fixed throw in issue which caused dead time

Thank you. Yes I saw in the first post and was surprised at how few changes were. I thought there may have been smaller changes that OP chose not to post to keep the list shorter.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine how difficult it must be program and maintain the match engine. The crossing 'issue' isn't a matter of tweaking a couple of numbers, we're talking about a serious rewrite of how the ME works.

This game really doesn't cost much, I think some people are really over-dramaticising how much they are 'owed' by SI and how devastated they are that the ME hasn't undergone a major overhaul. I appreciate the hard-work that SI pit into the game year after year, and have faith that they work hard year-round to improve the game.

There it is. That is surely a bug in stat count. Same thing occurred in 16.2. It seems that ME counts pass that comes before crossing as key pass, which can be seen on ss as key passes on flanks.

It's not just this, though. I've seen a passing move of four passes where the ball moved from one side of the pitch to the other advancing no more than two yards. All four passes were counted as "key", even though three of them were simply square balls across 20 yards from goal.

Has anything been done to improve the variety of finishing types? Can't see anything relating to this in the changelog. About 90% of my goals in every file have been from 'placed shots.' Lobs are phenomenally rare, as are examples of the 'keeper being rounded and heading (from open play at least) is generally pretty poor in 16.2.

Thanks.

Have you looked at the pictures I posted? Does this seem right to you and nothing to fix?

Of course its my tactics , curiously the ai faces the same problem, must be using the wrong tactics.

So you are seeing issues, I am not - but you draw the conclusion that you are right? I see.

So you are seeing issues, I am not - but you draw the conclusion that you are right? I see.

You don't see an issue with the pictures I posted? Ok , lets wait for the next full back balon dor winner with 3 assists

Also, this transfer update includes a general data update too as usual, right? As in, players emerging this season have had attribute increases/players added to DB etc?

It does, yeah.

Not even worth downloading ? Nothing fixed for my game..... I still get no scores from corners for my team or the A1 . 4 seasons and no corner goals scored . The stand alone editor still cant drag numerous teams with mouse ... How many complaints about this and still not fixed .Also the advance editor commands dont always work and theres no guide for it . Anyways not bothering with ant more releases . Going to wait until FM 2020 ....

I can't imagine how difficult it must be program and maintain the match engine. The crossing 'issue' isn't a matter of tweaking a couple of numbers, we're talking about a serious rewrite of how the ME works.

This game really doesn't cost much, I think some people are really over-dramaticising how much they are 'owed' by SI and how devastated they are that the ME hasn't undergone a major overhaul. I appreciate the hard-work that SI pit into the game year after year, and have faith that they work hard year-round to improve the game.

While it's probably harsh to say anything about how much the game costs, I kind of agree with you. For me, FM is tremendous value given I'll pay £30 and get hundreds, possibly thousands of hours of play in it in a year. However, not everyone has £30 to drop as easily. So for them I can kind of understand the frustration. But really, some people are putting way too much into it. It's not the end of the World, and it isn't even close to the worst state an edition of CM/FM has been in. Life goes on.

Not even worth downloading ? Nothing fixed for my game..... I still get no scores from corners for my team or the A1 . 4 seasons and no corner goals scored . The stand alone editor still cant drag numerous teams with mouse ... How many complaints about this and still not fixed .Also the advance editor commands dont always work and theres no guide for it . Anyways not bothering with ant more releases . Going to wait until FM 2020 ....

I've conceded from 7 corners in my last 30 league games. :(

Scored 1! :D

My team isn't the tallest though. Base it on what you actually see, not what you're guessing about the update. You're blaming the game when you can make changes yourself too.

I've conceded from 7 corners in my last 30 league games. :(

Scored 1! :D

My team isn't the tallest though. Base it on what you actually see, not what you're guessing about the update. You're blaming the game when you can make changes yourself too.

Was a lack of goals from corners ever a thing? Always found my side to be pretty handy at corners, not prolific but enough of a threat.

You don't see an issue with the pictures I posted? Ok , lets wait for the next full back balon dor winner with 3 assists

You mean about full backs or wing backs getting high match ratings? Well, one of mine (Bellerin) got the highest average of all my players in one of my seasons so far too - but I'm not sure if it's related to any crossing "issue", because as you can see, I don't score that many from crosses. It could just be because he's a damn good player - and if there's been a shift in how average rating is calculated, away from being heavily biased towards assists and goals, and more towards all the other good work players do on the pitch - like preventing crosses, then that's something I welcome.

Guys, there is a changelist in the OP.. for issues not listed on the changelist.... try the game, and by all means come back and provide constructive feedback on the issues resolved or still there...

Changes made to the ME for example aren't just a case of changing one figure in the code and voila, corner issue solved... there are tweaks made all over the place that will have hopefully solved the issues you may be seeing on your own games... try it and see.

I'm just kind of disappointed that we had to wait uncharacteristically long for the patch and the hottest issue with game hasn't even been touched. I'm also disappointed that some people choose to handwave the issue away by saying "it doesn't happen to me, so there is no problem/it's your tactics". It's obviously not the end of the world, still it's disappointing to see, because in my opinion it doesn't bode well for the state of the game in the long run.

why would you post this comment ? a lot of people have had trouble so how is this helpful ?

Because it provides an equal and opposite side to the debate on the issue...

Why is your side valid and his isn't?

All feedback is welcome, positive and negative as long as it's constructive.

• SI Staff
That's fair enough.

Also, why is Rory Fallon, Mark McChrystal, Will Puddy and Lee Mansell listed as still injured?

Because they have real-life injuries set in their profiles that were active in July 2015, when you start a new game using this data update.

You mean about full backs or wing backs getting high match ratings? Well, one of mine (Bellerin) got the highest average of all my players in one of my seasons so far too - but I'm not sure if it's related to any crossing "issue", because as you can see, I don't score that many from crosses. It could be because he's a damn good player - and if there's been a shift in how average rating is calculated, away from being heavily biased towards assists and goals, and more towards all the other good work - like preventing crosses, then that's something I welcome.

It's due to the high amount of key passes they tend to get.

2 key passes for fullback gives you rating of 7,5 easily even though he missed crucial interceptions.

why would you post this comment ? a lot of people have had trouble so how is this helpful ?

How is it helpful if only one group of people vocally communicate their experience with the game? Someone not having the issue with crosses, is equally as valid in mentioning it, as someone who has had issues with crosses. Whatever those issues may or may not be.

You mean about full backs or wing backs getting high match ratings? Well, one of mine (Bellerin) got the highest average of all my players in one of my seasons so far too - but I'm not sure if it's related to any crossing "issue", because as you can see, I don't score that many from crosses. It could be because he's a damn good player - and if there's been a shift in how average rating is calculated, away from being heavily biased towards assists and goals, and more towards all the other good work - like preventing crosses, then that's something I welcome.

I think its indirectly related to how teams defend wide, and no its not because he is a good player, you can play an average fullback and he will still get an average rating of 8.

Also further evidence is the top rated player list I posted, more than half of the top 10 are fullbacks, does this seem right to you?

I'm just kind of disappointed that we had to wait uncharacteristically long for the patch and the hottest issue with game hasn't even been touched. I'm also disappointed that some people choose to handwave the issue away by saying "it doesn't happen to me, so there is no problem/it's your tactics". It's obviously not the end of the world, still it's disappointing to see, because in my opinion it doesn't bode well for the state of the game in the long run.

Why do you think it's uncharacteristically long?

Those saying they don't have problems are merely providing a counter argument... if they aren't seeing issues, why do you think that is?

can i have an aswer, has the problem of AI not rotating been solved?

It isn't in the changelist!

Best place to ask is in the bug thread related to that issue, the QA team are ready to answer question & might have already provide an update.

2 key passes for fullback gives you rating of 7,5 easily even though he missed crucial interceptions.

Why do they get a high number of key passes? I believe it is dependent on how teams defend wide, they tend to defend and attack way too narrow.

Why do they get a high number of key passes? I believe it is dependent on how teams defend wide, they tend to defend and attack way to narrow.

That could be the case, but it seems more like the key passes stat is broken. Almost every pass that leads to opportunity is presented as a key pass.

Guys, there is a changelist in the OP.. for issues not listed on the changelist.... try the game, and by all means come back and provide constructive feedback on the issues resolved or still there...

Changes made to the ME for example aren't just a case of changing one figure in the code and voila, corner issue solved... there are tweaks made all over the place that will have hopefully solved the issues you may be seeing on your own games... try it and see.

Does this mean this tweaks are not listed in the changelist?

So key passes are weighted more if it's a full back doing them? I haven't been aware of that, but I'll be watching more closely from now on. I want key passes from my wing backs - loads of them, but if they are getting more "credit" for them than other playing positions, then that's wrong, obviously. Still, that's not related to any crossing "issue", as I see it.

That could be the case, but it seems more like the key passes stat is broken. Almost every pass that leads to opportunity is presented as a key pass.

Could be , but the football I am seeing does not seem right , especially related to fullbacks, the gap between fullback and winger is incredible wide for example, the wide players move centrally way too early and stay there.

Why do you think it's uncharacteristically long?

Those saying they don't have problems are merely providing a counter argument... if they aren't seeing issues, why do you think that is?

Because they (or the AI teams in their league) are using tactics that minimize/don't pronounce the issue, it doesn't mean there isn't one!

If one person can get their full back to consistently top assist charts by crossing for a million back post tap ins then that is enough to prove an issue. Fine if others can ignore/avoid it but SI certainly shouldn't.

Well they certainly haven't itemized every single tweak they have done separately... try the game and see.

Must have been a change in practise then , because last change list did clearly indicate rebalances or fixes for issues with the match engine.

I think its indirectly related to how teams defend wide, and no its not because he is a good player, you can play an average fullback and he will still get an average rating of 8.

Also further evidence is the top rated player list I posted, more than half of the top 10 are fullbacks, does this seem right to you?

No, that strikes me as a bit odd, but others have posted very different statistics, so ... I'm not ready to draw a conclusion.

Because they (or the AI teams in their league) are using tactics that minimize/don't pronounce the issue, it doesn't mean there isn't one!

If one person can get their full back to consistently top assist charts by crossing for a million back post tap ins then that is enough to prove an issue. Fine if others can ignore/avoid it but SI certainly shouldn't.

Certainly doesn't mean those who aren't seeing the issues shouldn't provide feedback which is equally as important..

And SI isn't doing that. They do however need to balance the ME overall. Plugging one specific exploit could have opened a million more or unbalanced the engine far more. Who knows? Just because it's not fixed right now, this second and this instant, doesn't mean it's not getting looked at and getting fixed for future.

I'm thoroughly disappointed by the lack of balancing in the MM.

I'm officially done paying for FM each and every year.

How many matches have you played since the update?

hi, can any one tell me what date was the data lock? i would like to use the editor to include things that have happened after the data lock. thanks

I don't think the winter update has had such a traditional data lock, things have been added more along the lines of where they could.

Archived