Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

If I had to ask users here how they'd fix crosses, I'd get different answers from everyone and most would be completely wrong. It's not a simple fix to adjust wide play.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 out of 45 posts are criticizing the update for not fixing crosses. 2 are saying they aren't broken. You do the math.

You do realize that people not suffering from crossing "issues" hardly would come here and start praising them for something that isn't an issue. Nothing to do math about.

Not saying it is. I have high expectations of this game though (which have come from the standards of previous versions) and seeing what's been a big problem for me and many others, not being fixed is disappointing.

Will play a few games anyway, maybe it's been fixed and they've just decided not to tell us (that's the hope anyway).

When it comes to the ME thinking of one single aspect as being 'Fixed' will always lead to disappointment, it's such a fluid element of the game that even changes which appear minor & of no apparent connection to other parts of the engine can help improve the overall experience.

Play is the only way to assess, a changelist will never do that.

Is there any chance that squad rotation for the cpu was adjusted despite not being listed in the update ? Playing in leagues with a lot og games, this has been a major issue with the cpu doing a terrible job. There have been multiple threads on the bug forum as well on this, in case one want to catch up on the issue.

For those struggling with crosses, getting your D-Line right is important. We have a general tendency to have D-lines too high, leaving too much space (while not pressuring the crosser enough) leading to issues.

As Hunter has said, this is supposed to be a feedback thread for the update.

If you want to raise feedback, please actually try the update first before making assumptions and criticising us for what we supposedly have and haven't done. Many thanks.

Whats the point of feedback when the most important issues of the match engine are apparently impossible to fix, might as well use this threat to write random things.

Hundreds of thousands playing, 7 took the time to complain. You do the maths.

Yes I'm sure everyone knows and is registered on sigames.com, has the time and will to complain about it in the appropriate thread.

Look through 16.2 feedback thread and then I'll respect your opinion when you say it's all fine. But enough with the useless talk from me.

I'll try it today using the same tactic, same team, and then mixing it up. I know very well how will it end, but I will try it before saying another word here.

Whats the point of feedback when the most important issues of the match engine are apparently impossible to fix, might as well use this threat to write random things.

No one said it's not possible to fix. Take my advice above though. It may just help.

Is there any chance that squad rotation for the cpu was adjusted despite not being listed in the update ? Playing in leagues with a lot og games, this has been a major issue with the cpu doing a terrible job. There have been multiple threads on the bug forum as well on this, in case one want to catch up on the issue.

Can we get an official comment on this? Thanks for the patch :)

MASSIVELY disappointed with the news that the awful crossing exploit has not been addressed. I will play a season on FMC over the weekend and then provide my honest opinion of the game next week. However, I simply cannot believe how little appears to have been done to fix the match engine. Massive, massive let-down.

I do think, however, that we all need to play a few games at least before criticising/praising the game too much. I'm still hoping by some miracle the game has actually become entertaining after the update.

I found a bug.. The scorers are not visible down of the competition in the Competitions Menu. and for the cups only the assisters are visible.. I use my own skin but with the official skin also has the same problem.

2016_03_04_00004.jpg

Hoping this is not a sign of things to come....Just drew 3-3 with Inglostadt at home I'm BVB.

Was 2-0 down and then scored 3 goals in 3 minutes, 2 of them from crosses. Then concede a 3rd in the 88th minute.

Im trying to be positive and hoping this was just a fluke and a uncharacteristic performance.

I found a bug.. The scorers are not visible down of the competition in the Competitions Menu. and for the cups only the assisters are visible.. I use my own skin but with the official skin also has the same problem.
That's not the official skin or is it? If not, it'll be worth checking whether the official skin shows the scorers. If it doesn't, please report it in the UI section of the bugs forum. :)

No one said it's not possible to fix. Take my advice above though. It may just help.

What advice ? there are obvious issues with wide play and goals scored from wide and defending out wide.

Fullbacks consistently are the highest rated players for me and the ai team regardless of actual ability and productivity.

Pretty much obvious that something is not right here. Its not the job of the players to find out how to fix these issues or balance them better, feedback has been provided more than enough.

I understand that its not an easy thing to fix,but that after waiting so long for the patch, absolutely nothing has been done to balance these issues better is more than disappointing.

What advice ? there are obvious issues with wide play and goals scored from wide and defending out wide.

Fullbacks consistently are the highest rated players for me and the ai team regardless of actual ability and productivity.

Pretty much obvious that something is not right here. Its not the job of the players to find out how to fix these issues or balance them better, feedback has been provided more than enough.

I understand that its not an easy thing to fix,but that after waiting so long for the patch, absolutely nothing has been done to balance these issues better is more than disappointing.

The advice above.

"For those struggling with crosses, getting your D-Line right is important. We have a general tendency to have D-lines too high, leaving too much space (while not pressuring the crosser enough) leading to issues."

Well that is gutting. Not giving me much hope in terms of expectations of fm17 now either. Disappointed to see a problem brought in during one of the updates not to be fixed. That's more than half a year with a very big problem in terms of the balance of how goals are scored

Firstly thank you to SI games and all the staff involved to get the patch out.

I would have to agree with Robert on this one. I've spent countless hours finding faults and uploading them with every requirement asked out of SI games. Again for the second season straight I'm not totally satisfied to see the match engine not getting major corrections done on it given the many amounts of errors spotted and agreed by SI games to be fixed. I know they will eventually get around it some time.

Again i as many others have to be forced into playing a product that requires many fixes. I don't expect all issues to be solved but i would have thought the most important would have been dealt with especially the issue i raised about the 3D match engine collision detection. How do i feel now about that knowing it has not be dealt with and I will have to keep playing until FM17. I hope you read my post on that and clearly see how bugged that is and tell me I am suppose to put up with that being beaten for the next release. Seriously I just can't see myself playing this game knowing that bug hasn't been fixed it just makes me feel i'm wasting my time.

Sorry i'm just a bit let down at the moment. I believe most of us were expecting a bit more.

No problems with crosses here, personally glad they left it alone. Hunter is right re: D line and pressuring wide players.

No problems with crosses here, personally glad they left it alone. Hunter is right re: D line and pressuring wide players.

It's not the conceding them that's the main problem...it's the fact that virtually every goal scored is from a cross. Goal variety is the worst I've ever seen in an FM game.

Just had a report from someone playing the game as I'm at work, and his first reply was "cross > back post > goal". Dear oh dear oh dear. If it's as bad as I think it is I can always go back to FM14 I suppose.

The advice above.

"For those struggling with crosses, getting your D-Line right is important. We have a general tendency to have D-lines too high, leaving too much space (while not pressuring the crosser enough) leading to issues."

How does a deeper defensive line reduce the fullback rating or make players defend crosses better? A higher defensive line should make you more vulnerable to balls played in behind the defense and counter attacks.

The crossing issue from my observations seems to have something to do with teams defending and attacking too narrow , crosses being too accurate and defenders not being able to deal with them.

Against it not really my job to find out exactly why this issues occur, just to point them out.

When you consistently see fullbacks with 8+ ratings from ai teams and me teams as well, its pretty obvious that something is not right.

Again I understand that its a balancing issue and difficult to get right, but that this long awaited patch does not even address this issue at all is just baffling.

It's not the conceding them that's the main problem...it's the fact that virtually every goal scored is from a cross. Goal variety is the worst I've ever seen in an FM game.

Just had a report from someone playing the game as I'm at work, and his first reply was "cross > back post > goal". Dear oh dear oh dear. If it's as bad as I think it is I can always go back to FM14 I suppose.

A lot of it is to do with how you set up.

Yes I'm sure everyone knows and is registered on sigames.com, has the time and will to complain about it in the appropriate thread.

Look through 16.2 feedback thread and then I'll respect your opinion when you say it's all fine. But enough with the useless talk from me.

I'll try it today using the same tactic, same team, and then mixing it up. I know very well how will it end, but I will try it before saying another word here.

If you enter into an experiment expecting a particular result you will probably end up confirming your fixed mindset, take a new approach & you increase the chances of getting different results.

Might be wishful thinking, but I feel there's much less of those pinpoint, switch flank passes that any player seemed capable to execute from any zone of the pitch in previous patches - this was my main issue with ME, not the crossing itself. Finger crossed...

How does a deeper defensive line reduce the fullback rating or make players defend crosses better? A higher defensive line should make you more vulnerable to balls played in behind the defense and counter attacks.

The crossing issue from my observations seems to have something to do with teams defending and attacking too narrow , crosses being too accurate and defenders not being able to deal with them.

Against it not really my job to find out exactly why this issues occur, just to point them out.

When you consistently see fullbacks with 8+ ratings from ai teams and me teams as well, its pretty obvious that something is not right.

If you read my post, I said get your D-Line right. High D-lines with little pressure is a big cause of the crosses going just behind the defenders for a simple tap-in. So don't set it too high.

Is it possible to find out if bugs submitted via the bugs forum have been addressed (outside of the changelist)?
The only sure way is if the bug thread is marked as resolved, if that tag is not present the only other options are to ask in the thread or try the update to see if the issues is still present.

I'm sitting here during my lunch break staring at the list of match engine changes. I am literally stunned. I wasn't expecting FIFA, but I wasn't expecting this either. Literally speechless.

Wait till you get home, basing your opinion on a changelist isn't a great idea.

Last 50 games, 21 conceded, 5 from crosses, 6 from through balls, 2 from passes, two from mistakes, 3 from set pieces, very even spread there.

Give up about cross issue

SI never admit and of course never improve :)

just forget about that :)

D-line and pressure crosser,yeah yeah yeah

i usually let my wide-players to mark wide players of opposite team

even their crosser who have bad crossing attribute(below 7) and cross with weakfoot

they are STILL able to deliver good cross to back post and GOAL :)

FB= Beckham :)

anyway thank you for 16.3

and sorry if .....:lol:

so you don't see crappy fullbacks who aren't even technically gifted and still win the prize for best assistman?

No both my FB get normal ratings, hardly assist any.

so you don't see crappy fullbacks who aren't even technically gifted and still win the prize for best assistman?

In my current save, for the top 5 nations:

England, 1 out of top 10 assisters is a fullback, and he is one of the best fullbacks in the world

Spain, 0 out of top 10 assisters is a fullback

Germany, 2 out of top 10 assisters is a fullback, neither are great

Italy, 0 out of top 10 assisters is a fullback

France, 0 out of top 10 assisters is a fullback.

The German one is strange, but overall there is definitely not some mega issue here.

All leagues on full detail.

The advice above.

Well my experience with 16.2 was exactly the other way around. Tons of conceded goals from crosses if I didn't press high and tried to soak up pressure instead, even with 2 relatively defensive minded players on a wing.

I'm obviously disappointed this apparently hasn't been addressed, although I want to play for a while before giving proper feedback, and I understand why they wouldn't want to touch it if they couldn't properly balance the ME otherwise. I've always suspected this was a very deep issue with so many subtle causes and ramifications it was far from a quick fix...

On the plus side, I've now finally worked out how to work around 16.2 pretty successfully, so don't need to adjust my tactics. :D It's a shame I'm not playing at all like I prefer to play though, and after many seasons of frustrating tweaking have ended up with something that's more suited to the ME than suited to my footballing philosophy.

Not sure if it's just me, but I want to share my experience.

Yesterday, my game crashed, so I lost a week of in-game time. No big deal.

Now I just loaded the same save and am replaying that week. First day, and all players start complaining and ask to be sold to a better team. this wasn't the case on the previous patch. so, have player interactions been worked on?

Archived