Overrated Players

I thought this would be a good topic of discussion.

Which players do you think that, in FM16, perform far better than in real life? An example would be Troy Deeney who can score 20+ Premiership goals but doesn't appear to be able to do that irl.

Obviously the suggestions by definition would be good signings because it's about players who are performing well but you wouldn't expect that to be the case due to real life perceptions.

Ayoze Perez is basically world class on FM. I can't find a flaw.

Personally, I think Pérez is very well represented in FM. He's a real talent who's showing great promise in a team otherwise desperately short of guile and I fully expect him to be at a top club within the next year IRL.

Planning an Overrated XI video?

Alessio Cerci is fairly over-rated. Only managed 1 goal in 27 games since joining Milan on loan, but on FM this year he's an absolute beast. Scores 15+ goals a season, with the same number of assists to go with it.

Alessio Cerci is fairly over-rated. Only managed 1 goal in 27 games since joining Milan on loan, but on FM this year he's an absolute beast. Scores 15+ goals a season, with the same number of assists to go with it.

Cerci's been overrated in FM since he first burst onto the scene back in FM09

seems to me like the Balotelli type, in that he's actually garbage irl, but works obscenely on an FM level due to some incredibly good attributes

Dejan Lovren surely. He lacks concentration/composure & his decisions aren't great but almost everything else you need from a CB is good, and his media description is "commanding centre back". Had to throw him into my starting XI after Skrtel did his ACL and he was better than Sakho! Still going to sell him at the end of the season, solely on the basis that he's useless irl

Pogba's rating is a little overboard for me - best midfielder in the game by a fair distance when in reality, he's been largely poor this season now that he's expected to be the leader of the Juve midfield. His technical attributes are insane on FM despite the fact that he's not really a creative passer/playmaker at all.

Depay seems to be a world beater in some of the feedback threads I have seen

IRL far from it

He has struggled this season (which is about a third complete) but you're talking about someone who has scored 40 times in his last two seasons and has 20 caps for Holland, at 21.

Pogba's rating is a little overboard for me - best midfielder in the game by a fair distance when in reality, he's been largely poor this season now that he's expected to be the leader of the Juve midfield. His technical attributes are insane on FM despite the fact that he's not really a creative passer/playmaker at all.

He is an absolute physical beast as well, last time I checked in FM15 his PA was well over even the likes of Isco/James Rodriguez:eek:

Agree with Bellerin. Also Giuseppe Rossi looks a bit OP for someone who has hardly played in the last year and a half until recently. And then there's Wayne Rooney, who has higher finishing than Aubameyang, Muller & Diego Costa... :herman:

Can't believe you've said Deeney Stat! D: hehe. In all fairness, his contribution elsewhere in real life is far more important than his amount of goals, but on FM hes a machine.

Cerci is interesting, Im running at Milan save on YT and hes not really performed to that standard for me.

I'd have to say Okazaki always seems to do well, possible shout

He has struggled this season (which is about a third complete) but you're talking about someone who has scored 40 times in his last two seasons and has 20 caps for Holland, at 21.

In the Eredivisie and for a Dutch National side that just failed to qualify for a major tournament.

He has a ton to prove and he is nowhere near one the top 2-3 players in his position in world football.

OT Erik Lamela.

It really bugged me last year that in every Spurs save I did he quickly became one of the best AMR's in the game , scoring 20+ a season and getting 15 assists. His stats in game in no way reflect the player he is in real life and from my beta play it looks like this is happening again.

In the Eredivisie and for a Dutch National side that just failed to qualify for a major tournament.

He has a ton to prove and he is nowhere near one the top 2-3 players in his position in world football.

OT Erik Lamela.

It really bugged me last year that in every Spurs save I did he quickly became one of the best AMR's in the game , scoring 20+ a season and getting 15 assists. His stats in game in no way reflect the player he is in real life and from my beta play it looks like this is happening again.

the underlined is the crux of the matter he is more likely to be another nani than a CR7(he was getting up to that standard in FM15 getting 40 + goals a season from many of the users screenshots, he got 35 for me playing wide left...he wont reach double figures in real life and if LVG gets the money to bring in the attackers he needs in Jan he will be out on loan fairly soon ;))

Bellerin is a little OP for me. I love the guy in real life, but in game he can get you upwards of 15 assists in a season playing at right back.

To be fair he's created 9 chances already from right back this season but then again I'm an arsenal fan and will probably defend him regardless :)

Balotelli has tremendous ability in FM because he has tremendous ability in reality. He's not a joy to manage of the game at all though and I'm pretty sure his hidden attributes are terrible. His media-handling style says it all, Outspoken, Volatile, Confrontational, it says it all.

Good for 20 goal seasons, consistently. Or maybe Steve McClaren is abit of a mug?:lol:

Do think Perez is going to be a very good player in real life but yeah his starting attributes might be a tad high this year, he's currently got 26 goals and 7 assists in league for me in first season. In a squad that's not vastly different from Schteve's.

Mind you think the majority of the FM Newcastle defense far outplay their real life counterparts.

A lot of these are players who have had excellent seasons and some mediocre, sometimes for personality, circumstantial reasons or being simply misused by different managers. You can set the consistency and professionalism and adaptability attributes to low but still will never truly replicate these real life complications.

If Balotelli were truly "mediocre" he couldn't do what he has done even in short spurts.

IMO pretty much most players that play in England/EPL are overrated. And I find it particularly funny when a player goes to an EPL team IRL and I see them get a boost in FM whenever a newer database/FM edition is released.

If I am not mistaken new PL-players are rated by people at their former club.

So it is a player having a good season. Then the move to England and the boost to his stats both happens for that same reason.

A lot of these are players who have had excellent seasons and some mediocre, sometimes for personality, circumstantial reasons or being simply misused by different managers. You can set the consistency and professionalism and adaptability attributes to low but still will never truly replicate these real life complications.

If Balotelli were truly "mediocre" he couldn't do what he has done even in short spurts.

My point with Balotelli is that in the game if controlled by the AI he is immense every game getting 30 goals a season every year, but as everyone stated he is extremely erratic in reality which clearly shows that the game is overrating him. Not in terms of ability as he is extremely talented but more overrated in his efficiency

At the end of the day Football Manager is a game so I find this topic a bit weird.

But I'll join in why not. Matt Derbyshire.

Couldn't agree more, he's basically the Championship Version of Harry Kane on my save scoring 4 goals against me in 2 games! which is more then he's scored in real life so far this season far!!

Also Kiki for Middlesbrough!!!

anyone at spurs.. like every year, they are in and around the top 4

CA wise we're not that good when you look in the editor. It's just a very balanced squad, some inviduals with very good attribute strength, and generally very fit and strong mentally. You could argue that we've just underachieved in real-life and been dragged down by bad influences in the dressing room we've now eliminated - some of these were too highly rated in the past but I think where we are in FM16 is a fair reflection on real-life where the bookies and several pundits now have us as the most likely team to secure 4th place this season.

Archived