Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATM there is more chance of Spurs winning those two games than there is of us winning our two. :D

May, or may not be serious. ;)

Seriously though, it's a great chance indeed to close the gap, if we can't catch up after those two games than there isn't any hope for the rest of the season.

I don't understand people who say there is no one out there better than LVG at the moment.

There might be no one better who is jobless (big surprise, they're jobless for a reason outside of an extremely select few!) but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking at employed managers.

Let's ask the question differently. Who wants LVG here next season? If your answer is no then let's go hard after the right man...and let's do it now (even if that means locking the right man in for the start of the season..hint).

Worry about Crystal Palace before worrying about Spurs. We are closer to the bottom half of the table than we are to spurs.

Palace's next two games: Chelsea (H) and Aston Villa (A). Two easy games for them. Not even considering Chelsea's form this season, Palace have a very good recent track record against Chelsea, even effectively ruining their title charge in 2014 and I believe they won at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season. Aston Villa are a sinking ship.

Now Liverpool are level on points with us and will soon overtake us. The board seem to think the way united are performing now is acceptable. This is very worrying. The owners and board don't seem to care about how we do on the pitch as long the sponsorship money comes in

Now Liverpool are level on points with us and will soon overtake us. The board seem to think the way united are performing now is acceptable. This is very worrying. The owners and board don't seem to care about how we do on the pitch as long the sponsorship money comes in

In that case they'll be wanting Champions League football cos the Adidas sponsorship money is dependent on that.

But I guess the solution is to bring in Mourinho right? :brock:

LVG has faced Swansea 3 times and has been dominated all 3 times. Let's see if his anti-football can scrape a draw against them at home this time round. No doubt him and the board would see a draw as a great result and a massive step forward.

Keane recalled from Preston, pretty sure Wilson has as many goals for Brighton as Keane does so not sure how much it will help :D.

Wilson not quite matched the electric start he had in the last few matches, probably a sign he's not quite "above that level, is getting little to nothing from it and should be playing here". Right call long term to leave him there where he can get games, short term I can't see Keane doing much for us other than as a body on the bench.

Keane recalled from Preston, pretty sure Wilson has as many goals for Brighton as Keane does so not sure how much it will help :D.

Wilson not quite matched the electric start he had in the last few matches, probably a sign he's not quite "above that level, is getting little to nothing from it and should be playing here". Right call long term to leave him there where he can get games, short term I can't see Keane doing much for us other than as a body on the bench.

Wilson was ill the last two games, apparently. Could have had an impact.

Keane was seemingly recalled at his request, so I don't think there's that much to read into it other than that.

yes I read that too its not as if we have brought him back to play in first team he wont get a run out unless we are down to the bones...but we are almost that way I suppose;)

the worry is apart from December LVG states its been a good year....if this is the yardstick then he should go he is deluded

Happy New Year Everyone!

Hopeful Resolutions

Beat Swansea ffs

Don't spend an ungodly sum on a prospect or anyone named Radamel

Get two of these three without breaking the bank:

A competent, experienced CB for cover (no one is selling a starter)

A competent, experienced Winger

A competent, experienced forward

Or, just sign Cavani and call it a day

Wilson has been excellent so far for Brighton today, some lovely play in and around the box. Just needs a goal

Haven't been watching but all I've seen is a clip on twitter of him puking on the pitch before kick off! Heavy New Year's Eve!

Haven't been watching but all I've seen is a clip on twitter of him puking on the pitch before kick off! Heavy New Year's Eve!

He's been ill for the last week or so.

Rio_V - no we won't, and at the moment I hope we don't if he's not going to play. Getting plenty of football at a good standard with Brighton. Might mean that Will Keane gets a chance if he's been bought back from loan, but he still looks nowhere near the player he was before that cruciate injury.

Wilson has been excellent so far for Brighton today, some lovely play in and around the box. Just needs a goal

He has been playing well, and consistently which is the most important thing. The odd dry spell won't hurt him either, it's an important part of the learning experience overcoming stuff like that. If he was playing at a higher level he'd be dropped and learn nothing.

Shame about Keane as he was the type of player who might be able to slot in before his injury, can't see him doing anything now though.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Hopeful Resolutions

Beat Swansea ffs

Don't spend an ungodly sum on a prospect or anyone named Radamel

Get two of these three without breaking the bank:

A competent, experienced CB for cover (no one is selling a starter)

A competent, experienced Winger

A competent, experienced forward

Or, just sign Cavani and call it a day

Any idea who they might be?

I could live without a new defender if we got the other two in.

Any idea who they might be?

I could live without a new defender if we got the other two in.

Good question. What Woowoo is paid the big bucks to figure out. My point is that I don't want to see another big splash of cash on one player. We don't need that. We need depth so that players like Young and, frankly, Blind, can go back to playing their natural positions and we aren't constantly one Jones hangnail away from Carrick at CB.

I hope he is looking at players all over the world, frankly. But also right at home. At this point, there are a lot of CBs in the Prem playing better than 2 of our 3 (and Blind really isn't a CB). And, there are a ton of wingers playing better than Memphis...everywhere. We are taking so many chances on homegrown players that almost no one rates like Powell, Blackett and CBJ. We paid less than $10 million for Vidic and look how that paid off. They are out there. He needs to find one. Or, two.

Anderson in for an ungodly sum to compliment Memphis as another expensive bust and Herrera loaned out or sold outright for no good reason? Sounds about right. Transfer window here we come.

Hope the Felipe Anderson rumor isn't true. We've got enough players in his position already, and we're still hoping Memphis will finally kick on. If Woodward were to be spend big, he should just go all out on a goal scorer or a reliable defender.

I dunno, the fact he's 34 is kinda a bonus. His fee wouldn't be enormous (although his wages would) and it would give Martial an extra year, maybe two.

Striker is the one area of the pitch you really don't want to penny pinch with, as we saw with RvP. Gambling on a striker (like we have bafflingly for the last 2 years) can make or break a season on it's own. Zlatan in this team for the last 18 months instead of Falcao and we're on the row to two titles in a row regardless of all the other nonsense that's gone on.

I mean I'd like Lewandowski but there's more chance of Messi, but if the choice was between Cavani and Ibra... bring on the nose.

I dunno, the fact he's 34 is kinda a bonus. His fee wouldn't be enormous (although his wages would) and it would give Martial an extra year, maybe two.

Striker is the one area of the pitch you really don't want to penny pinch with, as we saw with RvP. Gambling on a striker (like we have bafflingly for the last 2 years) can make or break a season on it's own. Zlatan in this team for the last 18 months instead of Falcao and we're on the row to two titles in a row regardless of all the other nonsense that's gone on.

I mean I'd like Lewandowski but there's more chance of Messi, but if the choice was between Cavani and Ibra... bring on the nose.

I am still not sold that RVP enhanced our attack as the stats show. RVP, Ibra etc remind me of the RVN days when we have one super forward that can bang them in but without them we are completely lost and so we are one injury away from mediocre.

We became better upfront when we ditched RVN for Saha who was a lesser striker but offered more all round to the team with his pace and direct running. Same way in which the season prior to RVP when we had Welbeck, Chicha etc, we had a better all round attack than with RVP up top and we actually scored more goals.

Anything that improves on Rooney is good but I would want a mobile forward who can move about a bit but also be a constant step up to Martial for years to come. Obviously that type of player is probably out of our reach which is why I will take Ibra if offered.

Archived