Official Football Manager Classic Tablet 2015 Feedback Thread

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apart from the scrolling issue that i already talk about, my only concern is related with the battery consumption.

One hour of game play took more then 25% of battery.

That's higher than we're using to seeing on iPad Minis.

Try closing background apps, lowering screen brightness, etc.

Because it increases memory demands on tablets which are already being pushed by other elements of the game. There have to be compromises made in order to get the game working on these devices.

Ok, but give us chance to choise if put them in game

Well it runs smoothly on my Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4. Really impressed with the display, processing and touchscreen.

Is it likely that future editions will always require the higher end tablets to run or will the current range of tablets run FMC for the foreseeable future?

Managed to have a go on this at work. For the most part it runs smooth although match its self was a bit jerky but i suppose its to be expected. Just couldn't believe i was playing fm on a tablet Even though its classic mode. Surely only a matter of time before we're able to play the full game on tablets and not just fm With tablets getting more and more powerful. The only downside really is i only get 30mins at work to really do anything, certainly can't on 15min break. At least its something to do though.

It's a good game. The scrolling needs a bit of work (can't really control it, especially at player search and tactics screen). But what annoys me is that we can't remove the fake.lnc files? I just hate seeing the Germany national team without any real players, Gelsenkirchen etc.. I want a realistic game and this totally ruins my experience. Please allow us to change/remove this.

It's a good game. The scrolling needs a bit of work (can't really control it, especially at player search and tactics screen). But what annoys me is that we can't remove the fake.lnc files? I just hate seeing the Germany national team without any real players, Gelsenkirchen etc.. I want a realistic game and this totally ruins my experience. Please allow us to change/remove this.

It simply isn't an option for SI as there are licensing issues here. It is not something that will ever be officially supported until such a point in time as those licensing issues are resolved.

Crikey! I wasn't expecting this. I got all confused when I saw a Touch Arcade headline about FMC. I thought since when did they start talking about Vita games? Well done SIG! Insta buy for me!!

I now have both Handheld and Classic 2015, and after playing about a month and half of a career in classic, I really like some of it and I think (so far) i dont like other parts. I think it comes down to being so used to playing the handheld version and it's simplicity versus the complexity of Classic. I wish there was a middle ground for the two -- Handheld's interface with Classic's 3D matchview and database and some of it's enhanced negotiations and AI. I guess, for me, there's a lot of "stuff" to handle on a tablet with Classic's interface.

That said, I am very pleased with how fast and smooth the simulation and matchview works on my iPad Air 1. The presentation is quite slick, though again, a bit cumbersome with so many menus and icons.

After a couple of day I can share my impression.

First of all. I'm absolutely in love with it. I played with Fm since Cm loooong time ago and I loved all the new features they added every years. Unfortunately last November my laptop left me and because of my iPad I didn't buy a new one but that meant I had to stop for the first time to play with FM. I was disappointed then I tried FMH. No way. You can't feel the same experience.

But fortunately SI come out with this and yes even this year I will play with pleasure FM.

is the first time with classic but for iPad is really a lot.

Here what I like:

Fantastic touch and interface love it and really easy. After a few minutes you understand and no problem at all.

Compare to FMH LoVe the complete first squand and reserve team that makes you feeling the club and real experience.

Love the 3D match even if something times is not really fluid or realistic and I think you guys can improve it. But I do love it.

What I miss during the match are team talks during the match. I think they could be implemented as is part of a manager ... Where I appreciate that scouting etc are simplified like is more a club thing even if it would be nice asking for more staff leaving the board deciding if add and manage them. i would love a bit more training option but have to admit single player training make me feel happy in any way.

I would like to add logo and pictures ... I think everyone would love that. So please leave us do it. ?.

This is my very first impression.

So nothing to say to SI ..just well done guys love FMC AND LOVE YOU ALL ???

What I miss during the match are team talks during the match. I think they could be implemented as is part of a manager ... Where I appreciate that scouting etc are simplified like is more a club thing even if it would be nice asking for more staff leaving the board deciding if add and manage them. i would love a bit more training option but have to admit single player training make me feel happy in any way.

This is the same as FMC PC - do feel free to say this in the wishlist thread. Tablet will always match FMC PC for features, so would need to be changed there :)

Thankyou for the positive feedback though :)

I've bought this for the ipad air 1. I find clicking on things slightly sluggish. Nothing huge, just probably takes a second to respond - after playing FMH it seems quite jarring! Is it because i'm using the ipad air 1 and there's less RAM, or is it like that on all devices?

I've bought this for the ipad air 1. I find clicking on things slightly sluggish. Nothing huge, just probably takes a second to respond - after playing FMH it seems quite jarring! Is it because i'm using the ipad air 1 and there's less RAM, or is it like that on all devices?

I downloaded this for my iPad Air 1 (32Gb) yesterday, so not had a lot of time to fully try it out. Not really noticing any lag when clicking on menus. Some of the menus are a little fiddly but that's purely the size of the overall game on the smaller screen. Overall it seems to run smoothly particularly the 3D match. Looks like SI have done an excellent job!

Anyone else experiencing lag during matches? Mine lags no matter if I play 3d or 2d, and I can't find any option to turn down the graphics. I am using Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4.

Can anyone help me on this issue? Its very frustrating being told a tablet is capable of playing a game then it being too laggy to watch after you purchase the game.

Anyone else with the same tablet able to play it without problems?

Ball definitely needs sorting because its hard to see it especially its raining and ball is grey. Could do with being slightly bigger. Loving the game its self. Using pen instead of my fingers does help.

I agree the ball is hard to see at times. I have had to slow the action down to keep track of the ball in particular. The rest of the game seems to flow pretty well. I'm not sure about the quick sub part of the match menu as I do not seem to be able to make a substitution and end up going through tactics ... probably me, though.

I know there are hundreds of dissapointed owners of various tablets who can't play FMC, particularly the nexus 7, and I know technical limitations mean certain tablets will never get the game (although saying 7in is too small when a vita screen is smaller seems odd)

Anyway, I was, like others very disappointed when I realised my tablet wouldn't play FMC. I became even more disappointed when I saw the list of compatible tablets and realised that a number of those supported were actually lower in spec than the Hudl 2. So i'm now wondering why a tablet regularly reviewed as one of the best budget tablets of 2015 is being ignored, could it be because of the atom processor?, apparently not because other supported tablets have them.

Is it because SI have just not tested it on one? Well im pretty sure they can afford £129 and a trip to their nearest tesco to pick one up.

Maybe it's because at £129 and available to be casually slipped in a trolley by dads doing the grocery shopping at virtually any tesco store the Hudl 2 is too cheap and easily available, or maybe it's just because the camera on the hudl 2 is crap.

Either way, the reality is that unless there is some hardware based reason why the Hudl 2 cannot support FMC than it seems like SI have nutmegged themselves because FMC on such a cheap and easily available bit of kit could be a boost to the so far slow sales of the Android version FMC.

So what is the official word from SI? If it's a technical issue then this thread is dead in the water, if not then i'm going to keep moaning lol

Constant moaning for the sake of moaning is not looked upon favourably.

Due to the number of Hudl's out there I'm positive that SI would have loved to get it on the supported device list because hat would mean more income, it will not be on the list due to hardware or software limitations, nothing more sinister than that.

I'll move this thread to the FMC tablet section of the forum to see if anyone from SI will confirm what I've said, there might already be a post from them in there so it's worth browsing the existing threads over there.

I agree the ball is hard to see at times. I have had to slow the action down to keep track of the ball in particular. The rest of the game seems to flow pretty well. I'm not sure about the quick sub part of the match menu as I do not seem to be able to make a substitution and end up going through tactics ... probably me, though.

A screenshot of this would be nice... :)

Constant moaning for the sake of moaning is not looked upon favourably.

Due to the number of Hudl's out there I'm positive that SI would have loved to get it on the supported device list because hat would mean more income, it will not be on the list due to hardware or software limitations, nothing more sinister than that.

I'll move this thread to the FMC tablet section of the forum to see if anyone from SI will confirm what I've said, there might already be a post from them in there so it's worth browsing the existing threads over there.

Haha, don't worry i'm not going to constantly keep moaning. Unless i've missed it there hasn't been any mention of why it's not supported.

My main worry is that once the pirates start circulating the game, which lets face it is almost inevitable, people will start sideloading the game onto all manner of allegedly incompatible devices, not all will work but i'd bet a large amount will, leaving those of us who are happy to pay £14.99 rather peeved.

Perhaps a closed beta testing program for owners of possibly compatible tablets?, I know this is possible via googles developer tools.

A screenshot of this would be nice... :)

Managed to sort it out how to make the required sub on that particular screen - so no bug, just me being silly :)

This is the same as FMC PC - do feel free to say this in the wishlist thread. Tablet will always match FMC PC for features, so would need to be changed there :)

Thank you for the positive feedback though :)

I will do in a few days absolutely.

By the way can I ask something about the custom logo. Luca already answer me ... but ... it's happening on android is possible to use custom logo and kits. So I assume is possible in a way. Is that then possible to iOS i supposed. So I understand you care about performance of tablet but we have care about how our team and career look :D

So if there is the way throught iTunes like create a folder with in a folder etc with files and config file ... can we just know if it possible and how ... if you could?

Best

M

• Administrators
I will do in a few days absolutely.

By the way can I ask something about the custom logo. Luca already answer me ... but ... it's happening on android is possible to use custom logo and kits. So I assume is possible in a way. Is that then possible to iOS i supposed. So I understand you care about performance of tablet but we have care about how our team and career look :D

So if there is the way throught iTunes like create a folder with in a folder etc with files and config file ... can we just know if it possible and how ... if you could?

Best

M

It's not a good idea to do that if it is possible, it's not at all supported and could cause instability.

• SI Staff
It's not a good idea to do that if it is possible, it's not at all supported and could cause instability.

Indeed this can add quite an extra heavy memory burden to the game which is dangerous, you may also run into an issue where the wrong logo / picture etc gets displayed because of the way it references the resources in the tablet version

Guys, i have been looking and searching for days now, but cannot find out how to do opposition instructions in fmc15. As nobody else seems to look fr it, it must be me, but i simply cannot find it in the app? As it is also not showing up on the wishlist, which seems to show my complete failure. Thanks for help.

Guys, i have been looking and searching for days now, but cannot find out how to do opposition instructions in fmc15. As nobody else seems to look fr it, it must be me, but i simply cannot find it in the app? As it is also not showing up on the wishlist, which seems to show my complete failure. Thanks for help.

Classic gameplay doesn't have opposition instructions. The point of FMC is to have a more streamlined and quicker experience like the old CM/FM games.

Classic gameplay doesn't have opposition instructions. The point of FMC is to have a more streamlined and quicker experience like the old CM/FM games.

Thanks, appreciate it. wasn't sure if that detail was part of it or not, as the real world had caught up with me since fm12 ?

Hey Lucas do u think with the inevitable iPad upgrades later in the year with more ram then player faces/logos may be supported in the next game

Hi,

I'm using the galaxy tab s 10.5 and getting the same issue occurring every now and then.

Sometimes it is like the game freezes and won't recognise when I select continue or any other option either. Only way around it is by force closing and then lose my data that wasn't saved.

Also on the tactic menu I am unable to drag the players to swap positions etc...

Any advice?

• SI Staff
I noticed that clubs don't have league histories, is that intended due to memory limitations?

Correct. We are very tight on memory on tablets so some histories have to be cut

Archived