Official Football Manager Classic Tablet 2015 Feedback Thread

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume there is nothing stopping you from installing this on an older ipad, it'll just not be supported and probably be really slow? Especially if said ipad is on ios 8.2 as I don't believe Apple allow you to stop installing on different hardware, just OS?

I assume there is nothing stopping you from installing this on an older ipad, it'll just not be supported and probably be really slow? Especially if said ipad is on ios 8.2 as I don't believe Apple allow you to stop installing on different hardware, just OS?

You could buy and install it yes, but it won't work very well. Most (if not all) unsupported iPads will likely crash on the initial splash screen.

Hi Lucas. I do like the new Classic. Much much better then the Handleversion. Now i feel to play at FM again.

By the way. If custom logos, kits and player pictures aren't supported what's the fucntion of Pictures folder in iTunes?

Marco

You can put manager profile pictures in there.

I can't seem to be able to make a quick substitution in-match. I tap on the leftmost of the small icons in the top right of the screen during a match and the screen pops up but tapping, tapping and holding or trying to drag a sub over a currently playing person does nothing, tapping anywhere does nothing.

The ability to tap on a player and move him over another to swap them would be great. Apart from that the game is fantastic.

30 season limit, and you can load upto 3 nations.

So there is a 30 season limit like FMH? I thought with this Classic version for tablet being nearer to the PC version that there wouldn't be a limit on seasons?

So there is a 30 season limit like FMH? I thought with this Classic version for tablet being nearer to the PC version that there wouldn't be a limit on seasons?

Like the Vita last year, they probably have to make some sacrifices for the hardware limitations.

I'm afraid not.

What a shame. It would be really nice to added the only stuff you want to customise like in the FMH. :D i found something where FMH was better :p ah.

Joking a part. Are you planning to added this function? or there is any plans for the future to add a FM workshop like the steam one to customise it?

M

Very frustrated that I can't play this as I know the tablet I have has the specs to run the game. I hold hope that SI open up the game on the chipset/screensize type and not via specific models in the future.

A couple of questions, will this run on an Android 4.3 tablet?

I still have the hope that I can run this in the future, but if it doesn't run on Android Jellybean, then I guess that will totally rule me out as I have no plans to replace my current tablet.

My second question, will this install all the game data files on the memory card or internal storage of the tablet?

4Gb is a lot of space and can be more than a 3rd of the internal storage of an Android tablet.

Thanks.

Reading another thread, I just seen that there won't be any database updates with this game in the future?

I was originally siding with SI on the decision to release this now, but I can now see why people are annoyed about the timing of the release. The game is more or less defunct by the end of the season without any transfer updates over the Summer.

Reading another thread, I just seen that there won't be any database updates with this game in the future?

I was originally siding with SI on the decision to release this now, but I can now see why people are annoyed about the timing of the release. The game is more or less defunct by the end of the season without any transfer updates over the Summer.

The game was released because it is ready. The next database changes in FM in general wouldn't be released until FM16 and the data in FMC Tablet is as current as the other versions of FMC. It makes no sense for SI not to release a finished product just because the data will change in six months time, when FMC Tablet 2016 might come out. Purchasing is voluntary, so if you are concerned by the data position, just vote with your wallet.

Yes, this is basically the reason for any differences between PC / Mac / Linux FMC and FMC Tablet. It's just not technically possible to have a 100% port over.

SI have done an amazing job in engineering FMC to work on tablets, it’s amazing what can be achieved on such a small device. I was expecting something like this a few years down the line.

The team who worked on porting FMC to tablets deserve a lot of credit.

Well done and congratulations... I hope to see new releases in the future.

Well, I can't download the game anyway as my tablet is not supported. I am completely aware that purchasing is voluntary, but you can surely why people are a bit disgruntled as a lot of people have been waiting on a game like this to play on the move. It makes less sense for a customer to pick up a product which ends up becoming out of date 3 months later than SI dropping support for game 3 months after release.

Me personally, i've not played FM since FM13 as I didn't want to be glued in front of a PC for hours on end. £15 does seem quite steep, but I would have definitely picked this up if my tablet was supported and I knew for a fact that SI wouldn't abandon it after release. Just my 2 cents on the matter,

• Administrators
Is it not possible to put player pics and logos on android tabs aswell or is it just on iPads,also how do I add my manager profile pic at beginning because there doesn't seem to be a picture to choose

Not possible to add player pics and logos I'm afraid.

• SI Staff
Is it not possible to put player pics and logos on android tabs aswell or is it just on iPads,also how do I add my manager profile pic at beginning because there doesn't seem to be a picture to choose

To choose your manager picture instructions can be found here for iOS - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/424579-iOS-FAQ?p=10269403&viewfull=1#post10269403.

Hi iskillz25, a list of all supported devices can be found here - http://www.footballmanager.com/content/what-devices-are-compatible-fmc15. In terms of where the games is stored it depends on what device you have, you would have to refer to your devices manual. Hope that helps

Thanks for the response, it doesn't really answer my questions though as I already know my tablet is not supported. The question is more related to any future devices being supported. What i'm trying to find out is the minimum OS requirements. Will the game run on Android 4.3 Jellybean or is Android 4.4 kitkat the minimum?

Overall I'm enjoying the game so far, it feels so good to be playing this on tablet. My feedback are as follows:

On Ipad mini 2 the buttons aren't always very responsive, I have to tap 2 or 3 times for them to pick up. This is not everywhere in the game and seems to happen mostly on the increase/decrease values in contracts & transfers.

It feels like all I am doing is saving the whole time. If it has to save before every match it gets a bit frustrating and takes me out the game world a lot. I suppose I could turn off the normal autosave to cut down on the number of times a bit.

On 3d view, I sometimes find it really hard to follow the ball, the white just disappears and I can track the players following it but its hard to see the ball. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me and my eyes? I have resorted to 2d in the meantime.

• Administrators
Thanks for the response, it doesn't really answer my questions though as I already know my tablet is not supported. The question is more related to any future devices being supported. What i'm trying to find out is the minimum OS requirements. Will the game run on Android 4.3 Jellybean or is Android 4.4 kitkat the minimum?

It's not as simple as just being a particular OS whether the game can run, there's a lot more factors whether the game can run, including processor, gpu, physical screen size and more.

• Administrators
Just to know. There is any plan to allow it in the future with an update?

I would say it is unlikely for the forseeable because of the extra demands this would force on the system you're using (not just tablet, but also on PC as well).

It's not as simple as just being a particular OS whether the game can run, there's a lot more factors whether the game can run, including processor, gpu, physical screen size and more.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. Going off that, then surely that goes back to what I said earlier, the game should be opened to the CPU/CPU and screensize type as opposed to the specific model of tablet?

It just feels like that I am being locked out of a game that will more than likely work on my tablet, but I will never have a chance of playing it as you don't have the tablet in your test lab. Sky did the same thing with Sky Go on phones originally, but they have since sorted that out and made it universal for Android 4.0 and above. Surely the same can be done with this game?

Question to anyone who is playing the game at the moment, does the game take up space with internal memory or are the files installed to the MicroSD card?

I would say it is unlikely for the forseeable because of the extra demands this would force on the system you're using (not just tablet, but also on PC as well).

oh i see. I never played at classic on my mac just the full FM. My mac is gone to heaven and i'm not going to buy a new one. Is my first time with the classic.

So even on PC you can't customise picture and logos ...

Is there a particular reason why it enforces a save before and after a match? Is is an OS restriction or something that SI have made the decision to do?

If it is not essential and only there for potential losing save progress reasons then it would be great to have it as being optional.

Really enjoying the game on my tablet so far just wish there was a way around the constant saving issue.

• Administrators
Ok, thanks for the confirmation. Going off that, then surely that goes back to what I said earlier, the game should be opened to the CPU/CPU and screensize type as opposed to the specific model of tablet?

It just feels like that I am being locked out of a game that will more than likely work on my tablet, but I will never have a chance of playing it as you don't have the tablet in your test lab. Sky did the same thing with Sky Go on phones originally, but they have since sorted that out and made it universal for Android 4.0 and above. Surely the same can be done with this game?

Question to anyone who is playing the game at the moment, does the game take up space with internal memory or are the files installed to the MicroSD card?

Streaming video on Sky Go and doing lots and lots of number crunching and rendering graphics for the Match Engine whilst doing a lot of animations and calculations are two completely different things.

As with any PC game, there are various system hardware requirements that need to be met in order for the game to run.

oh i see. I never played at classic on my mac just the full FM. My mac is gone to heaven and i'm not going to buy a new one. Is my first time with the classic.

So even on PC you can't customise picture and logos ...

You can on PC, point is it increases demands on your system and this isn't supported on tablets.

• Administrators
Is there a particular reason why it enforces a save before and after a match? Is is an OS restriction or something that SI have made the decision to do?

If it is not essential and only there for potential losing save progress reasons then it would be great to have it as being optional.

Really enjoying the game on my tablet so far just wish there was a way around the constant saving issue.

It's a technical necessity.

• Administrators
I'm playing on an iPad air and I have turned off auto saves but the game keeps auto saving regardless - is this a bug or am I missing something?

The game will save when its a technical necessity to do so.

Archived