Official Football Manager Classic Tablet 2015 Feedback Thread

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All of that is down to memory usage restrictions, we are on the high side as it is - we can't safely use a larger database I'm afraid. Possibly in the future if tablets get more memory.

You are allowed to select all of the leagues within the three countries that are selected. Why not just limit the total number of leagues that can be selected, thus allowing more countries to be made available. I would rather have the top leagues of 6 - 9 countries loaded versus the 3 countries and 3 leagues deep in each.

• Administrators
You are allowed to select all of the leagues within the three countries that are selected. Why not just limit the total number of leagues that can be selected, thus allowing more countries to be made available. I would rather have the top leagues of 6 - 9 countries loaded versus the 3 countries and 3 leagues deep in each.

Could you post this in the wishlist thread? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405989-FMC2015-Wishlist-Thread

Thanks

• SI Staff
Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer - is it likely that Football Manager Classic Tablet 2016 will also be playable on the iPad Air 1?

It is playable on the air 1

Loving the game so far!

Playing FMC in my ipad mini 3, and it's a beauty! :)

Only sad thing... i always play with my favorite team, Benfica, so it's awful that i can't see the full name "Benfica" but only "SLB"

I know that this is due to the licenses, but is there any way to change this? Some sort of a editor or something?

• Administrators

No, has to be that way for licensing (and therefore legal) reasons.

• 2 months later...

I've posted in a separate thread about the specific issues I'm encountering on my tablet (Asus Memo Pad 8) whilst playing FMC, but just wondered what in the way of patches / updates have been / are going to be released to rectify the problems users are encountering, and if this is going to happen any time soon? I've read a number of threads now where the game is crashing at various points, on various different devices, but nothing in terms actual solutions from SI, just workarounds such as turning your device off, not running other apps etc.

I think it's great the game has finally made the leap to tablet, but I just wonder how the game could be released with such big issues, and these still not be resolved nearly 4 months after its launch? From my (limited) look round the forum, I think it's disappointing that users spend what is a significant amount of money for a tablet app, to be no nearer any solutions.

• Administrators

We've already stated that issues are being investigated but there's no timetable on an update.

As for issues with different devices, different devices will have their own limitations with them. When you have other memory intensive programs running on them as well then you can run into issues when resources start to run low, the same is true on PCs as well. The solution to not run other applications is a solution, as is turning off your device: manyleave their tablets running continuously and it is important to restart your device whether its a tablet or a PC every now and then so that the computer memory is refreshed. If you have specific issues with your own tablet then its best raising that in it's own thread than here and we'll help you through the issues. Thanks.

We've already stated that issues are being investigated but there's no timetable on an update.

Thanks for the prompt reply Lucas - I appreciate these things take time but there are other threads on here relating to crashing issues with the same device as mine from 4 months ago. Count me as skeptical as to whether these will be resolved before FMC16.

I have raised my own issue elsewhere - the tablet is brand new with nothing else installed, hence my particular frustration as to why it's already struggling.

Anyway, I will persevere with the game in the meantime as when it works, it's great!

• Administrators

Some tablets are stronger than others and may behave differently even to those of similar "spec" - same with PCs. Appreciate your frustration, but please do flag this up in your support thread and we'll do everything we can to help. As for FMC16, issues reported to us are always a priority :)

• 2 weeks later...
Unless I'm missing something, it seems that there's no way to click on a player to see their profile during a match, and no way in fact to leave the match screen. This for me is pretty important especially to be able to see players' stats - while later on into a save I do know what most of my players' stats are like off the top of my head, at the start of a new save I definitely don't and I don't like suddenly being stuck in the middle of a match not being sure who to bring on. Also, I can't see the stats of the opposition's players which is also useful; for example, if they make a substitution I need to know what kind of player they've brought on in order to react accordingly (e.g. if they bring off a striker for a 20 acceleration 20 pace guy, I need to know in order to react properly). I only play full-fat on the computer so I don't know if this is a design choice for all of FMC, but as someone who often finds themselves comparing my stats and the opponents' in-game on the computer not having this ability in FMC feels like a big hinderance.

I'm loving it otherwise, cheers guys!

That's a Big Issue for me too. The transparancy is not als it is on the full Version.

• Administrators

If you've written in the iOS Bugs forum then you will get a response there, please don't go posting everywhere or you may miss the actual response you'll get.

I'd like a little 't' symbol for 'tired' on the team selection screen to show when a player is tired on match day - I don't mean in need of a rest. It's a pain having to look it up on the player page especially as one player might be fine on 90% condition whereas another might be tired on 91% condition. I had always assumed that 90% was ok. All versions of the game could do with this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well this is a turn up for the books...

Played every version of FM/CM from launch until FM12 by which point work and life had taken over. But in August the well known London children's charity I worked for folded and suddenly I have more time than I ever bargained for... But no desktop computer following moving onto a narrowboat last summer. Never interested in the Handheld version, on a complete whim yesterday I logged onto the forums after a three year absence. To find firstly there is now a comprehensive, almost full tablet version!! And it's being updated at Christmas with even more features! SI you have literally made my month. THANKYOU for some good news!

First impressions of FMC tablet, coming from the full fat FM12 version, are brilliant. The match engine is great and I haven't found much I miss. The massive reduction in press conferences is a godsend. However I wondered whether these features are included, and I've just not found em yet, or whether they didn't make the cut?

-Set pitch size at start of season?

-Parent n feeder clubs? (Do they exist? Can I request search from board?)

-Trial days pre season?

-Divisional Transfer rumours (I miss this! I just don't want the press asking me about it!)

-Is there a way to watch full match? I can see option under match settings in Preferences. But not in the match settings in match? (If this isn't possible in 3D, is it poss in 2D? Find it so helpful when designing and tweaking tactics)

-If can watch full match in 2D, I'd set replays as 3D and select "highlights" - how comprehensive are the replays here? I've only ever set replays to show goals before. Does the amount of highlights they show compare to extended level highlights or better?)

-Is there a way to watch highlights/goals from your previous matches back again? I know you can do this immediately post match but once clicked "leave match", is there a way to do this?

-Is Club history included? Trophies, most goals in a season etc? Not fussed about the history pre me joining so much, but over the seasons I love looking back at previous records for biggest win, most goals in a season, youngest ever goal scorer, trophy history, league placings etc. Can't seem to find this?

Any help much appreciated! And thankyou again SI. Top job!

• Administrators

-Set pitch size at start of season?

No

-Parent n feeder clubs? (Do they exist? Can I request search from board?)

Board set these up for you.

-Trial days pre season?

No.

-Divisional Transfer rumours (I miss this! I just don't want the press asking me about it!)

Yep, on PC -> Competition -> News -> Transfer Rumours

-Is there a way to watch full match? I can see option under match settings in Preferences. But not in the match settings in match? (If this isn't possible in 3D, is it poss in 2D? Find it so helpful when designing and tweaking tactics)

PC only.

-If can watch full match in 2D, I'd set replays as 3D and select "highlights" - how comprehensive are the replays here? I've only ever set replays to show goals before. Does the amount of highlights they show compare to extended level highlights or better?)

It scales, so more detail is shown as you go from Extended to Comprehensive for example

-Is there a way to watch highlights/goals from your previous matches back again? I know you can do this immediately post match but once clicked "leave match", is there a way to do this?

Only on PC

-Is Club history included? Trophies, most goals in a season etc? Not fussed about the history pre me joining so much, but over the seasons I love looking back at previous records for biggest win, most goals in a season, youngest ever goal scorer, trophy history, league placings etc. Can't seem to find this?

Club History screens.

• 1 month later...
Is there a way to select all/multiple players from a shortlist or search without tapping each one individually?

This is the first UI issue I've encountered so far in what is otherwise a good experience

Was reading back through this thread and was wondering if this post was ever addressed anywhere on this site. I would agree that it's the only genuine issue I have with the tablet game. For example, I purchased the unlimited scouting option for the PC game, but would not currently do so for the tablet because the thought of having to individually select 100 players at a time is frightening. It's one area where the lack of a mouse really inhibits the game, and that's unfortunate because one of the best things about FM is the depth of the player database. I do hope there's still time for SI to adapt the scouting/search sections to tablets in FMT.

Archived