Official Football Manager Classic Tablet 2015 Feedback Thread

• Administrators
Hey Lucas do u think with the inevitable iPad upgrades later in the year with more ram then player faces/logos may be supported in the next game
I have zero idea what Apple's plans are for their next tablets and wouldn't say anything is inevitable with them, to be honest.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I stupidly downloaded FMC15 without fully reading the system requirements - however, it's playing fine (albeit a little jumpy/slow at times) on my iPad 4. Is this to be expected or will the game suddenly cease the more I play?

Will the player database smaller also?

Thanks

• Administrators

Smaller than what?

iPad 4 is below the minimum requirements as you're aware so it isn't supported. Obviously with being below minimum spec on any platform the game will either not run or suffer performance/stability wise.

Hi,

I'm using the galaxy tab s 10.5 and getting the same issue occurring every now and then.

Sometimes it is like the game freezes and won't recognise when I select continue or any other option either. Only way around it is by force closing and then lose my data that wasn't saved.

Also on the tactic menu I am unable to drag the players to swap positions etc...

Any advice?

Hi please can I get a response to the above. Also holding the player and dragging forward does not work on the tactics menu

I'm struggling with this as well. .fmf files placed in the tactics folder don't show up in game.

I would also like to know how to import tactics. As there was no tactics folder in the football manger 2015 folder i created one myself and placed the .tac file in it. But had no option to import the file in the tactics section of the game.

Please help us navigate to the correct folder.

There are currently no plans for cross-save and cloud saving at the moment.

I have managed to manually transfer my FMC save from PC to my iPad by syncing the game file through iTunes, and can confirm that the save file loads.

So you can play on PC and carry on your iPad. If you have more than one manager the save file won't load, and it's a bit of a pain having to manually move the files over but the option is there.

• Administrators
I would also like to know how to import tactics. As there was no tactics folder in the football manger 2015 folder i created one myself and placed the .tac file in it. But had no option to import the file in the tactics section of the game.

Please help us navigate to the correct folder.

I don't suppose you know how to save or import tactic files??

You can't I'm afraid. It's something we are looking into.

So Aaron when you say they are not supported does that mean they will appear but may cause issues? I'm on iOS

No. Extra graphics increases memory loads and the game is already pushing the devices and the OSes as it is. It's likely to cause instability and probably crashes. It's not recommended to try, as it may stop you from being able to boot the game or cause issues later on.

Please update for some kits becouse colors are wrong.

For example Avellino in italian' serie B. Home kit isn't blue but green and white. Away and third kits are wrong too

Please report data issues for Italy here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/399689-Italy-(Official)-Data-Issues

Will this be supported via updates?

There has already been an update. Updates possible if needed.

I have managed to manually transfer my FMC save from PC to my iPad by syncing the game file through iTunes, and can confirm that the save file loads.

So you can play on PC and carry on your iPad. If you have more than one manager the save file won't load, and it's a bit of a pain having to manually move the files over but the option is there.

Cool, thanks. As with the Vita it'd not possible to have more than one manager (where you can on PC), thats to be expected. It's not supported (transferring files) so do keep that in mind if you choose to do that.

• Administrators

Sorry should have clarified, that was for Android. If there's a game patch then it's certainly possible, but no plans at this stage.

Sorry should have clarified, that was for Android. If there's a game patch then it's certainly possible, but no plans at this stage.

Since the update there have been strange white lines/spaces appearing between the grey substitute names on the team selection screen. Issue is resolved by scrolling up or down and names are re-spaced correctly.

Other than that an excellent job.

• Administrators
iOS update?

why cant add:

Real logos.

Cut out Player faces.

Turf textures.

Kits.

3D match kits.

Fake file.

Commentary patch.

Stadium banners/ad boards.

:confused:

Please see my post above for an explanation. It's not possible at the moment I'm afraid.

Since the update there have been strange white lines/spaces appearing between the grey substitute names on the team selection screen. Issue is resolved by scrolling up or down and names are re-spaced correctly.

Other than that an excellent job.

Can you report any issues here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/473-FMC-Tablet-Issues

Only other gameplay issue that grates is the number of penalties that hit the post - at a guess I would say about 25%.

Never high or wide - simply rebound back off the post.

This is something we are looking into at the moment :)

Thank you very much for you quickly answer.

it´s possible in a future update?

I use players pictures,club logos,... in Football Manager 2015 in PC, and i would like to use it in my tablet.

It may not be possible like in the PC version, but is it possible like in the FMH version? Because I have put logos or photos in the FMH version for years on both iPhone and iPad. I've used a third-party app to transfer them, as well as iTunes itself. So, it may not be officially possible, but what in the app file system would prevent us from doing it the same way we did the Handheld version?

• Administrators
It may not be possible like in the PC version, but is it possible like in the FMH version? Because I have put logos or photos in the FMH version for years on both iPhone and iPad. I've used a third-party app to transfer them, as well as iTunes itself. So, it may not be officially possible, but what in the app file system would prevent us from doing it the same way we did the Handheld version?

It's not possible, no as you'll likely damage your game by attempting it.

Just saying, I have I this on iPad 4 and it runs perfectly for me just that in game match is a little slow. Does this mean that iPad 4 works or it shouldn't be working. Also, talking to the press is it common because I have only been interviewed twice and I have only been interviewed twice. Another thing is do you get to manager national team and club team in this game at the same time? Lastly if I have a problem or something happens in this game with my iPad 4 does that mean you won't take care of it since it's not supported?

Just saying, I have I this on iPad 4 and it runs perfectly for me just that in game match is a little slow. Does this mean that iPad 4 works or it shouldn't be working. Also, talking to the press is it common because I have only been interviewed twice and I have only been interviewed twice. Another thing is do you get to manager national team and club team in this game at the same time? Lastly if I have a problem or something happens in this game with my iPad 4 does that mean you won't take care of it since it's not supported?

The iPad 4 is officially unsupported as it can run into issues we can't solve due to the weaker hardware. That said, I'm glad you're enjoying it anyway.

National Management has to be unlocked in FMC - you unlock it by winning a manager of the year award (or you can shortcut that and buy it from the store for 79p). This is the same as it works in FMC PC :)

This was my excuse to get a new tablet and replace my iPad 2. Excellent game - basically FMC on the tablet. I haven't really logged into the PC game for the past days due to that since I am enjoying the same experience on the tablet.

I had a minor issue when I first installed it - no shirt graphics in the tactics screen and no dots showing for the positions - but I uninstalled and re-installed as the FAQ suggested and now it all works.

One minor question. Can you resize the widgets during the match? I usually have the match stats open during a match but for the tablet it is quite intrusive, so I minimize it at the moment. I tried to see if I can resize but either I didn't touch it right or it doesn't work.

Other than that - for those who enjoy FMC on PC, it's the same experience, except for only 3 leagues and you can't add graphics, of course. (does the 3 league limitation affect the amount of players from other countries you scout? will I see mostly players from those 3 leagues scouted or does this just affect - playability and results being simulated for those?)

It's great to just quickly grab the tablet and play a game here or there at night or during the day if possible. Very handy.

• Administrators

Other than that - for those who enjoy FMC on PC, it's the same experience, except for only 3 leagues and you can't add graphics, of course. (does the 3 league limitation affect the amount of players from other countries you scout? will I see mostly players from those 3 leagues scouted or does this just affect - playability and results being simulated for those?)

It affects database size as players in those leagues are loaded, as well as high reputable players in the game world (but these will already be loaded regardless of league and nation selection).

Been playing this since launch - love it. Although I'm crap with tactics but that's another story.

My only real feedback:

1) The UI does lag slightly on all screens, only slightly though. (iPad Air)

2) Scrolling is a pain - it's very sensitive (as mentioned in the recent touch arcade review) so hopefully this will be fixed soon...

Fantastic game though, congrats devs in porting this to tablets!

Been playing this since launch - love it. Although I'm crap with tactics but that's another story.

My only real feedback:

1) The UI does lag slightly on all screens, only slightly though. (iPad Air)

2) Scrolling is a pain - it's very sensitive (as mentioned in the recent touch arcade review) so hopefully this will be fixed soon...

Fantastic game though, congrats devs in porting this to tablets!

The issue with scrolling is that while some people say it's too sensitive, others are saying its a bit slow.

Are there any particular places you feel it is too fast or just generally?

The issue with scrolling is that while some people say it's too sensitive, others are saying its a bit slow.

Was it changed in the Android update as it seems much improved (or have I just got used to it)..?

• Administrators
Absolutely loving FM Classic. Great job guys. could you tell where I can find the simulate match option and not the quick match one where your assistant changes your tactics.

See this post:

It's on the same popup.

GKja1Yj.png

For me it's not that it's too fast or slow but more that it's too floaty so that you can never stop it where you want it. This is especially so when searching for transfers. You try to move it down a few players and it just keeps on going so you end up going back and forth too much.

For me it's not that it's too fast or slow but more that it's too floaty so that you can never stop it where you want it. This is especially so when searching for transfers. You try to move it down a few players and it just keeps on going so you end up going back and forth too much.

If you tap the screen when it's scrolling, it will stop the scroll.

Hey,

Was wondering if it's possible to allow assistant manager to control friendlies? It doesn't seem to be signed posted on classic mode... spent around 20 minutes looking for the option!

There isn't an option for it - just use Simulate Match/Instant Result.

On my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 my screen just keeps doing nothing. It seems to be going fine, then I will press something, and nothing will respond, I wait.. and nothing. I click on various other things and then you can see that things are highlighted, ie Menu Bars are darker, it is almost as if it is recognizing that it has been "touched", but doing nothing about it.. any ideas???

If you tap the screen when it's scrolling, it will stop the scroll.

But when I do that I end up selecting a random player more often than not. It'd be more convenient if the scroll just moved with your finger as general scrolling on iPad and iPhone does. Just a smallish niggle though, still a great game.

On my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 my screen just keeps doing nothing. It seems to be going fine, then I will press something, and nothing will respond, I wait.. and nothing. I click on various other things and then you can see that things are highlighted, ie Menu Bars are darker, it is almost as if it is recognizing that it has been "touched", but doing nothing about it.. any ideas???

Could you add to this thread please: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/425228-FMC-Tablet-Issue

It'll get lost in here :)

• Administrators
Can I place tactics I've downloaded into the "tactics" folder via iTunes? I can't seem to open the folders when in iTunes

The ones I have are FMF files - will they work?

FMFs won't work, they have to be .tacs

Thanks Lucas - I found some old .tac files but now I can't put them into the "tactics" folder via iTunes. When I try to double-click on the folder nothing happens. The files are just sitting in with all the folders

Archived