Martin Odegaard

I assume this should be posted in the Good Team/Player section of the forum but I don't really want to create a new player thread as I'm sure there is a certain procedure to follow. So I apologise if this is in the wrong place!

I'm surprised not to have seen this on the forums anywhere but its been a few hours since Miles tweeted that Ødegaard has now been included in the game due to parental consent. https://twitter.com/milesSI/status/532236286317588481

As I'm still playing the demo I was wondering if anyone has managed to go through the process of including him in the game and how it has turned out.

Has anybody signed him? If so for who and how much?

I'd love to hear the responses and once again I apologise for posting in the wrong place!

I assume this should be posted in the Good Team/Player section of the forum but I don't really want to create a new player thread as I'm sure there is a certain procedure to follow. So I apologise if this is in the wrong place!

I'm surprised not to have seen this on the forums anywhere but its been a few hours since Miles tweeted that Ødegaard has now been included in the game due to parental consent. https://twitter.com/milesSI/status/532236286317588481

As I'm still playing the demo I was wondering if anyone has managed to go through the process of including him in the game and how it has turned out.

Has anybody signed him? If so for who and how much?

I'd love to hear the responses and once again I apologise for posting in the wrong place!

I cant even get the file into my game. I'm having the same problem with the Gibraltar file. I think quite a few people have got the file to work though.

I cant even get the file into my game. I'm having the same problem with the Gibraltar file. I think quite a few people have got the file to work though.

Had the same issue, but eventually got it to work. From the Steam workshop discussion:

1. if you have subscribed - unsubscribe

2. load up fm 15

3. click on downloads at bottom

4. click on steam workshop

5. search for odegaard download

6. this is when you subscribe, it will load for a while

7. start new game

8. click custon db and edit

Had the same issue, but eventually got it to work. From the Steam workshop discussion:

2. load up fm 15

7. start new game

Ya my subscriptions aren't showing up either.

So, from what you are saying, the actual Steam app is no longer usable? We have to enter steam through the downloands section of the actual FM game? The previous years all you had to do is click subscribe while in the steam workshop, you can do it for an infinite amount of files, then fire up FM, go to downloads, then steam workshop and they will be located right. Why change that? lol. Seems like they are changing stuff around not to improve the game but to just make it look different and therefore "new".

Do you know how much he went to chelsea for? I would be interested to know how possible he would be to sign?

Not my save so im not sure. saw in on pressfire.no

Hey guys.. Can someone please help me here?

Basically, I've subscribed to Martin Odegaard, but when I attempt to create a new game, the box that asks you what Database to choose from does not appear for me. How can I select custom database then?

Thank you,

Roman

Did you do this through steam?
Yes, through the game under downloads.
For those struggling to download it, after you've subscribed to it on the steam workshop have you tried simply restarting your game?

Anyway, it appears he can be signed immediately for only a very small amount of compensation, and he's happy to sign for most clubs as shown by him agreeing to join me at Sunderland!

Hey guys.. Can someone please help me here?

Basically, I've subscribed to Martin Odegaard, but when I attempt to create a new game, the box that asks you what Database to choose from does not appear for me. How can I select custom database then?

Thank you,

Roman

No, by the sounds of it, the actual Steam workshop is no longer usable. Looks like you have to actually go into the FM game, into downloads and then go through steam that way. The steam app that is on your desktop where in previous version you can go into the workshop and subscribe to as much files as you want no longer works if you subscribe through there. It did not work for me that way, it only worked for me when I subscribed through the actual FM game. But even that took a while.

His dad tweeted this;

@ErikMidtgarden · 21h 21 hours ago

Må dessverre meddele en av avtalene gjennom Martin Ødegaard-dealen på FM var at han starter i Ebbsfleet - med 20 i loyalty...

which roughly translates as

Must sorry to announce one of the agreements by Martin Ødegaard-deal on FM is that he starts in Ebbsfleet - with 20 in loyalty ...

Good banter!

2. load up fm 15

7. start new game

This has worked for a few people .. try it if it isn't working for you

• Administrators

If that doesn't work, unsubscribe to the file and Quit FM.

Delete the file locally in editor data.

Then go back into FM and resubscribe to the file.

You do realise that it is still the steam workshop whether you access it through the steam client, the in game client or your browser don't you?

Also I did it through my browser about fifteen minutes before I made my previous post in this thread, so it's not broken.

What I would suggest is that if you subscribe to the file from the steam client or your browser then make sure the game is closed when you do so, it might have just been me but if my game was open at the time it seemed to be playing up but as soon as I closed it then things worked fine.

No, it worked (After closing and opening FM a few times, clearing cache and reloading the skin)Just saying it was way more convenient to subscribe through the steam program, like all the previous versions, rather than having to run steam through FM. Yes, it is still steam, but it is different. The new way, you are opening up a window within a window, you also have to have an extra program running. And you also have to then exit FM completely in order for the subscription to show up. With the previous versions, all you had to do is have steam running, subscribe to as many as you want, fire up FM and they are there. Didn't have to have FM running as well and go through them. Also, since that way no longer works, why confuse people by still giving the option to browse and subscribe that way? Why not close that area?

I understand that with new version of games, a big part of it is just changing around the interface and paths to do things, just to make it look different and new, but what is the point of this change? Subscribing through steam was so simple and effective. Never had an issue. Why change that?

I doubt it was intentional .. just a slight oversight that will probably be fixed at some point possibly.

It's no a feature lol

I know lol, just a bit of a bummer subscriber through the actual Steam is practically disabled, and you have to pop up a browser within a browser in order to find steam. I guess that option works wonders for people who do the full screen mode and therefore don't have to exit the full screen to browse steam. I never go full screen. I always have windowed so I can multi task and use my spreadsheets.

Downloaded the profile...good stats but isn't the kid left footed? This profile has him favouring his right. Same is true of Pavel Savitskiy, another of the game's more popular players.
Mine says "Either" instead of Left or right.

Whenever I've seen videos of him, he has seemed very left footed. I mean clearly favouring his left foot for everything. Quite surprised at the choice of either footed.

Hi guys I'm pretty confused by all this steam workshop talk, could someone give me step by step instructions on how to get Odegaard in my game? I am not playing FMC if that makes a difference. Thank you :)

Don't subscribe through the main Steam program. If you have so already, unsubscribe. Make sure FM15 is not running.

Then fire up FM15, click on downloads. When that screen appears, click on Steam Workshop. The old way, that is where all your subs would show up. But it is going to be blank. At the bottom there be a button to browse steam. A mini browser will pop up and you have to use that steam to subscribe. But when done subscribing, you have to exit the game completely and re-fire it up. Then start a save and it should show up in the edit menu.

Are there any files to see if you go to ...Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\editor data

If not, download the file I linked to above and manually place it there.

When you start a new game there should be an option to change the editor data files to all or custom, but I'm guessing that if there are no files to use the option won't be available

His dad tweeted this;

@ErikMidtgarden · 21h 21 hours ago

Må dessverre meddele en av avtalene gjennom Martin Ødegaard-dealen på FM var at han starter i Ebbsfleet - med 20 i loyalty...

which roughly translates as

Must sorry to announce one of the agreements by Martin Ødegaard-deal on FM is that he starts in Ebbsfleet - with 20 in loyalty ...

Good banter!

Top, top bantz

• 1 month later...

2. load up fm 15

7. start new game

will this (and gibraltar thing) work on the demo and if so how as only bit for downloads I can see is leagues

will this (and gibraltar thing) work on the demo and if so how as only bit for downloads I can see is leagues

No. You cannot create a new game from scratch on the demo. You can only play a quick start game, which is what those leagues are.

To put it another way, you need to buy the full game to play with Gibraltar or Martin Odegaard.

No. You cannot create a new game from scratch on the demo. You can only play a quick start game, which is what those leagues are.

To put it another way, you need to buy the full game to play with Gibraltar or Martin Odegaard.

ok thanks. Am playing the demo to see whether I want to buy the game or not. Do you access the Gib file in the same way as the instructions above?

Do you know how much he went to chelsea for? I would be interested to know how possible he would be to sign?

I have him coming to Liverpool in the first January window for £1,100,000 + 2 clauses worth an additional £110,000 each. I think this is actually very cheap, so it will cost me in total £1,320,000.

which version did people subscribe to? there are 3 available (1 by bas, 1 by generalcam and 1 with him included in a larger wonderkid one) and the one i downloaded he is set to join ajax. Have checked the editor but he doesn't have a future transfer set but when I start a new game he is already set to join Ajax??

edit: Having Norwegian and Danish leagues seems to leave him with the future transfer but adding Icelandic, Finnish and Swedish leaves him at Stromgodset without a future transfer!!

Archived