Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The whole system needs tweaking, I think. I've had players who've played the most out of anyone in my squad coming to me demanding more first team football.

Any examples of where it's obviously wrong would be welcome in the bugs forum because it's not being reported as an issue there.

Any examples of where it's obviously wrong would be welcome in the bugs forum because it's not being reported as an issue there.

You are right to note this, but this issue is a bit fuzzy. It's not often that things are obviously wrong, and, actually, I think some of the things which did go wrong in the beta have been fixed.

Right now, it's just minor annoyances and slightly illogical things like noted here. Another example: Victor Valdes has been coming to me, homesick, every six months or so. Each time, it's fixed when I tell him to just concentrate on his football. Nothing game-breaking, but just slightly weird.

You are right to note this, but this issue is a bit fuzzy. It's not often that things are obviously wrong, and, actually, I think some of the things which did go wrong in the beta have been fixed.

Right now, it's just minor annoyances and slightly illogical things like noted here. Another example: Victor Valdes has been coming to me, homesick, every six months or so. Each time, it's fixed when I tell him to just concentrate on his football. Nothing game-breaking, but just slightly weird.

Maybe he actually does that and SI found out :D if you get an obviously wrong example they'll be keen to get it.

Just started a tentative job in the very bowels of Norwegian football in one of the regional basement leagues. Horror stories aplenty around the lower leagues on this build, and the beta was dodgy here.

First weekend of fixtures since I joined.

My team have, after having been there a week, no injuries.

Won my first game 2-0, so a clean sheet

Highest scoring game in the division was 2-2

In my game, there were only 8 corners, none of which led to a goal

Cross completion percentage was below 20% for both teams

One of my two goals was from a cross, but then I dominated the game against the league's whipping boys.

It's only one week, but that's a very solid start in terms of the reported issues doing the rounds from this level in particular. Good work.

FWIW, I'm playing English Premiere League, but I'm not seeing a lot of the problems others are pointing out. As far as high scores go, my three games since full update have been 3-1, 2-0, 2-0. Only surrendered one goal and that includes matches against Liverpool and Chelsea while playing an attacking, high pressure 4-2-3-1 formation with Tottenham. Seeing a nice variety of goals and only one or two long shot goals in those games. The new animations have breathed incredible life into the ME and I'm personally having a blast. From what I've experienced so far, well done SI!!

Most of you mods and surely staff from SI play the game. Does there really have to be a bugreport before looked into by SI?

It took me and many others a few games in pre-season to close the game and wait for fixes with ME.

Most of you mods and surely staff from SI play the game. Does there really have to be a bugreport before looked into by SI?

It took me and many others a few games in pre-season to close the game and wait for fixes with ME.

It's the save and the PKMs they use to actually investigate your specific issue. That is how a bug is regressed.

Need a save for this, or is this easily checkable:

U21 player being tutored asks to go on loan. The last option is "I'm not going to loan you out whilst you're in the middle of learning from [%male#3], concentrate on that for the time being."

no imported tactics will import.

they are in the correct tactic folder, one I have created myself is saved in that folder as an .FMF.

am i missing something here? because other .FMF don't show.

Tactics should end in .tac, look under archived tactics. I couldn't import any but found them under archived tactics!

Why can't I use my saved tactic that I created?

So I started a save just to create and test a tactic. I created one and saved it and then used it for a while. No issue. I then exited the game and started a new save and when I went to the tactic drop down: Tactic Screen > +Create New Tactic> Archived Tactic.....it is not there. I then went to my tactic folder and saw that it is saved as a fmf file. I changed it to .tac. When I did that, I went back to the archived tactic drop down in the game, it showed up, but when I selected it, it said: "File cannot be Imported". WTF? I have other .tac files in my folder from tactics I DL'd from here and they work just fine. I don't want to have to re-create this tactic for every save.

Can't save over previous saved database in editor. Can't seem to deactivate option to "publish to steam workshop". Also doesn't load when I start new game, and it is definitely ticked to be used. Using a mac. Any help?

So Wijnaldum just got angry at me for selling Bakkali. Seriously?

The guy refuses to renew his contract, is set to leave at the end of the season and then my captain gets mad at me for actually cashing in on him while I still can, while having a far better player in his position anyway and an excellent loaned player as back up? Player interaction at its best. :applause:

So Wijnaldum just got angry at me for selling Bakkali. Seriously?

The guy refuses to renew his contract, is set to leave at the end of the season and then my captain gets mad at me for actually cashing in on him while I still can, while having a far better player in his position anyway and an excellent loaned player as back up? Player interaction at its best. :applause:

This happens in real life, ever herd of the scenario where they do not care who is brought in because you sold there friend and what not.

As always, enjoying the game. Will admit i enjoyed the Beta a bit more then the full release. The latest update seems to have highlighted a few issues for me (maybe they were always there, just paying more attention now).

Selling players: clear out of the reserves and u19s when i take over any club is a must. Selling players without a gold star for free to clear them off. However, it seem to be ******* off first team players who are questioning why im selling him as they think hes a good player. i booted up FM scout to check him out, his PA was 61 in a team where the average was 120-130. Happening basically every player i sell.

Crossing and set-pieces: frustrating. Concede a lot. Either the full back (sometimes assisted by a DM) wont close the crosser down. CBs refuse to track. Anything put into the box is Mayhem and i resort to shutting my eyes when ever i see the ball go wide.

Demanding xfers: players come to me wanting bids to be accepted by bigger clubs. havent got an issue with this, its quite realistic. However, if no bid eventuates they remain annoyed at me? Ive stated ill accept one if one comes in, none comes in, bt they remain angry at me for not accepting anything? the premise is good, but needs some tweaking.

CCCs: needs clarifying. most will judge a Clear Cut Chance as something they should score. I dont mind players missing these, but when you're getting 7-8 per game for 1 goal is quite unrealistic at elite levels. maybe some of these need to be changed to "half-chances" to rectify peoples frustration.

Is there a problem with crosses in the game, or is my defence just s**t?!

I had a screen shot to attach but I'm not sure how

edit - couldn't post a pic so just looked and counted, I've conceded 60 goals in the first season to date with Sunderland, 44 of which have come from one of the two wings, I'm only in Dec by the way

This happens in real life, ever herd of the scenario where they do not care who is brought in because you sold there friend and what not.

It's not really a valid argument because FM doesn't simulate everything in real life. It's like if a player fell down injured for no apparently reason in FM, you'd call that a bug, whereas in real life he might have been hit by something thrown from the crowd.

I'm going to wait until SI fix the countless ME problems before parting my monies. Year on year we're all Beta testers.

My mate played last night and had 10 of his 21 players injured for more than 3 weeks (this was about Sept time in game). We also counted up the number of crosses he conceded from corners in the first 8 premier league games (he was Chelsea)... Out of the 17 goals conceded 10 of them were crosses from corners.

Players can defend it all they want, but a patch is needed to make the game playable.

I'm going to wait until SI fix the countless ME problems before parting my monies. Year on year we're all Beta testers.

My mate played last night and had 10 of his 21 players injured for more than 3 weeks (this was about Sept time in game). We also counted up the number of crosses he conceded from corners in the first 8 premier league games (he was Chelsea)... Out of the 17 goals conceded 10 of them were crosses from corners.

Players can defend it all they want, but a patch is needed to make the game playable.

We've been playing the Beta for the last couple of weeks. This happens every year, the "live" release is full of bugs, and after taking your money they get round to fixing it. I'm not a big gamer but does this happen with any other realesses? Or is it just FM taking the **** every year?

It's perfectly playable.

I'd love to know why all these people keep claiming there's an issue with crosses, yet less than half of all goals conceded for my team are from crosses. I'm not even conceding that many goals - slightly more than last year, but my team's defence is not that good. Still less than a goal per game average, though.

And around 60% of my goals come from passes, not crosses.

I like the argument that goes: "Your argument that something is wrong is invalid because you are extrapolating from only your own circumstances. There is obviously nothing wrong because I haven't had any problems."

This has been a problem for while-players are bit too reluctant to pass it to other players infront of goal for a better chance.

The players on very bad angle tend to shoot regardless of players open for better opportunity; even players like ozil with high teamwork and "would rather pass than shoot" PPM. I think players are way too eager to take opportunities in themselves and cause bit of annoyance when player refuses to pass to better open player to try to shoot through keeper and 4 defenders marking him when there are players running beside him free on goal.

I like the argument that goes: "Your argument that something is wrong is invalid because you are extrapolating from only your own circumstances. There is obviously nothing wrong because I haven't had any problems."

You do realise it's equally absurd the other way around, right? That's the point.

And more to the point, I bet I could reproduce the "issue" by altering my tactics a certain way...

The guy is a youngster with no real attachments to anyone in my squad. On top of that my entire squad is now pissed because I sold one of my "best" players. Yeah, this is definitely just realism at work.

You do realise it's equally absurd the other way around, right? That's the point.

That's my point. Not your point, unless you're doing some kind of self-parody.

On another note, has anyone figured out how to make your U18s available for both U18 and U21 matches? My youngsters either go straight into the first team squad to get match experience or sit in the U21s waiting to be sold, which results in a pretty ropey U21 squad. It would be nice to have the better U18s play U21 matches like before without that making them unavailable for U18 matches.

Game is not enjoyable, clean sheets are impossible with the near post corner and crosses being OP. This is not only a complaint of conceding but also into the way I want to play, If I'm not smashing crosses in or abusing near post corners then forget about winning. You should take out the composure stat as all you need is a lump up front to tap away the crosses. Let me guess tactics guru's..... it's my tactics.

Disappointed on release again. What you need is a competitor to stop you releasing a new UI and "updated" 3D match engine (which looks shocking) every year. At least you can choose whether to wear a tracksuit or suit though.... right?

This is a bit strange. 244 million in the bank, 1.5 million under the wage budget, 76 million remaining in transfer budget, but board "will not deal with any budget related requests at this time"?

tWENFxZ.png

Also, scout reports say "The club cannot currently afford the player" when he's estimated to cost 20 mil with wage demands of 40k. It looks like the board thinks the club has a lot less money than it actually does. Maybe this has something to do with the debt? In the first couple of seasons, the board would reduce retained transfer income to 20% due to the debt, but now we're swimming in cash and easily on top of it. Something a bit wonky there, perhaps.

SI must get so tired of certain people in the feedback threads... Every year it's, ME is garbage, I can't do this, I can't do that, I'm going back to last year's FM. The next year it's ME is garbage, I can't do this, I can't do that, I'm going back to last year's FM which last year I said was garbage but now it's the gold standard. Rinse and repeat comments year after year. And no I'm not singling anyone out but it's the same crap year after year.

I just went almost 400 minutes without conceding a goal in my game. Now I understand that I can't solely use my own experience with the game to draw sweeping conclusions but my experiences (and those of others on here) have shown that it is not impossible to play defense in FM15 and that many are not conceding from corners and crosses left, right, and center. Now there may be some game issues that need resolving but there is also the possibility that people need to work on some things themselves as well.

This is a bit strange. 244 million in the bank, 1.5 million under the wage budget, 76 million remaining in transfer budget, but board "will not deal with any budget related requests at this time"?

Also, scout reports say "The club cannot currently afford the player" when he's estimated to cost 20 mil with wage demands of 40k. It looks like the board thinks the club has a lot less money than it actually does. Maybe this has something to do with the debt? In the first couple of seasons, the board would reduce retained transfer income to 20% due to the debt, but now we're swimming in cash and easily on top of it. Something a bit wonky there, perhaps.

Just had a similar one pointed out, I'd suggest playing on to see "what happens next" because it's in the boards remit to do this (though you'd expect an explanation) should quickly become apparent if it's a bug.

Game is not enjoyable, clean sheets are impossible with the near post corner and crosses being OP. This is not only a complaint of conceding but also into the way I want to play, If I'm not smashing crosses in or abusing near post corners then forget about winning. You should take out the composure stat as all you need is a lump up front to tap away the crosses. Let me guess tactics guru's..... it's my tactics.

Disappointed on release again. What you need is a competitor to stop you releasing a new UI and "updated" 3D match engine (which looks shocking) every year. At least you can choose whether to wear a tracksuit or suit though.... right?

I don't even use wingers so using crosses isn't an issue, I get plenty of clean sheets but I agree (and it's already noted) that far post crosses especially are too often and too lethal.

40% of the goals I've conceded in my current season are from crosses/corners

I have been playing most of the day, I actually am sick with pneumonia so I have time on my hands. Injuries, good god injuries. I am playing as Derby and w/in the first 3 weeks of pre-season 7 players out and by the first game I was down to 4 defenders out of 8. It seems when injuries come they come in swarms. Goals, pretty much the opposition takes a corner and/or cross its a goal. I am winning but its only because my players are outscoring them, so far I have a 6-3, 5-3, 4-3 all wins. I am enjoying the game so far but there are issues when you can look at what is happening and know its going to be a goal. Press conferences are still boring and not worth my time.

We've been playing the Beta for the last couple of weeks. This happens every year, the "live" release is full of bugs, and after taking your money they get round to fixing it. I'm not a big gamer but does this happen with any other realesses? Or is it just FM taking the **** every year?

You really shouldn't get Beta until you understand what it means, you're complaining because exactly what you were told would happen has happened :rolleyes:

Just had a similar one pointed out, I'd suggest playing on to see "what happens next" because it's in the boards remit to do this (though you'd expect an explanation) should quickly become apparent if it's a bug.

Yeah, this also happened a couple of seasons ago and sorted itself out. That was before the full launch though. I remember someone mentioning on the beta feedback thread that there was some funkiness with calculating projected incomes, so I thought maybe it's been fixed.

Need a save for this, or is this easily checkable:

U21 player being tutored asks to go on loan. The last option is "I'm not going to loan you out whilst you're in the middle of learning from [%male#3], concentrate on that for the time being."

Shouldn't need a save but some detail like club/players etc.

Yeah, this also happened a couple of seasons ago and sorted itself out. That was before the full launch though. I remember someone mentioning on the beta feedback thread that there was some funkiness with calculating projected incomes, so I thought maybe it's been fixed.

Your problem is you're playing at too high a level, come and play in Brazil Div3 where we trade players for coffee beans and the board are all drunks :D

Shouldn't need a save but some detail like club/players etc.

I think it was Demetri Mitchell, who was learning from (I believe) Robin van Persie at the time. Can't remember the interested club, though. I think "van Persie" showed up as [%male#3], and a bit later in the conversation, something like [%male#3-first] was displayed for what I assume should have been "Robin." This is the same save I started in the first beta, so maybe something went awry along the way.

Your problem is you're playing at too high a level, come and play in Brazil Div3 where we trade players for coffee beans and the board are all drunks :D

See, I start at the top because then I can reliably get bored after, say, less than a dozen seasons and be able to do something else with my life. I've learnt from experience that if I tried to have too much fun with this, I'd never stop!

Am a bit frustrated with the game at the moment, started a career save yesterday with Stockport County and got the sack before Christmas. Currently with Eastbourne Boro, in my first 28 games I've scored 49 and then conceded 56. Now out of them 56 goals, around 25 of them have come from either Indirect Free Kicks or corners the majority being from corners. I've checked the bug forums and one of SI tester have confirmed their is an issues with defenders not dealing with balls into the box, and this has had a massive effect on my save file.

Debating if its worth keeping the save going as this corner issues ruined my time at Stockport leading to drop points and bad moral levels. I wont get chance to play again until tomorrow so hopfully they will release a match engine patch before then.

Archived