Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Wonder if anyone can help. I've just spent ages doing an edit file only to try and load it in game. It wouldn't appear so i went looking for it, found it up a level in the DIR where it should be. However it still will not load in game or pre editor. Im not sure but i saved it as hidden as it looked like it was going up on the steam workshop. I've tried making a new game and it loads, any reason why my 7 hour edit file isn' getting picked up by the PGE or FM?

Thanks,

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Calm down dude, i for once have not had a crash dump in all my FMs, except 13 where it was my fault. Now just take a deep breath and tell us what is running on your computer/ what you were doing during this crash dump of yours

He has every right to be annoyed, i have played the beta for 2 weeks with no issue at all and then today 3 of us started a network game and have had 7 (yes 7) crash dumps in 6 hours and all we are doing is playing the game. We are getting fed up massively with it and have not been able to get through pre season yet

He has every right to be annoyed, i have played the beta for 2 weeks with no issue at all and then today 3 of us started a network game and have had 7 (yes 7) crash dumps in 6 hours and all we are doing is playing the game. We are getting fed up massively with it and have not been able to get through pre season yet

Have you created a technical thread on this?

Played the game for quite a bit today and have taken a note of the things I have found such as a huge number of long shot goals, it's almost as if every time you see an opposition player wind up a shot you know it's going to end up in the back of the net. Defender clearances are quite poor and again a large number of goals conceded have come from an almost ricochet effect through defender header straight onto opposition head. Lastly and like many the tactics screen just isn't working for me at all. Overall I'm liking the UI and it's an almost seamless transition and it's quite easy to forget about the old layout in the main squad etc and the headings for the sections make sense to me. The tactics screen is just one of those things that you know isn't going to come good, I just don't get a good feeling for the set up at all.

Enjoying the game as much as you can while getting frustrated with the above but I'm sure it will improve. Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm playing in the Scottish championship just in case anyone is having similar problems.

Throughout the beta is was reported that saving the game is taking too long. This hasn't improved with the official release. I'm saving to an SSD and it still takes ages.

Any news ?

Saving to an SSD can take longer than saving to a mechanical hard drive tbf. It reads faster but saving won't be faster.

Throughout the beta is was reported that saving the game is taking too long. This hasn't improved with the official release. I'm saving to an SSD and it still takes ages.

Any news ?

I'm having exactly the same issue. FM14 saved many times faster than FM15 seems to for a comparable amount of leagues.

And you come out with virtually the same paragraph every year for as long as I can remember :D bet your wife decides what colour socks you wear :p

Don't give up the day job Kriss because doubt the pennies will come rolling in on the comedy!! ;-)

Fair enough I probably come out with the same stuff each year, but maybe if the same old issues weren't happening each year I wouldn't be so predictable. I mean come on, even the staunchest mod must accept that a lot of the complaints by so many are a reoccurring theme and that isn't good enough surely. Let's face it too many long shots have been an issue since prehistoric times when half the FM population just whacked all their team on "no long shots" and I suspect even you would admit that full backs were pretty pants last year and once again defensive issues seem to be a problem.

If you have read my posts over the years I will give as much praise as I criticise. FM14 for instance I thought was pretty good at the start with beautiful long range passes, quality finishing and generally brilliant all round play at times. Yes there were defensive issues but on the whole first impressions were good. Then they ruined it by pretty much nuking attacking play to make up for the poor defending, yes I mean top class strikers blasting it straight at the keeper!! So I can praise and I have but when you see the same issues year after year then the responses and feedback will be the same year after year! And even the fella in the paper reviewing the game thought the new tactic screen was pretty pants and if the Sun think it's pants then it's definitely pants!!

For those finding it too bright, it's a long shot, but you may be able to make it darker by getting to the start of the match, minimising the window down to the taskbar and then maximising it again. I reported this as a bug (and it's been acknowledged as one), but it has worked for me consistently throughout the demo- every time I do it, the pitch returns darker than it was before. It could be to do with certain graphics cards etc, so by no means am I saying it'll definitely fix the problem, but it's sure worth a try.

Don't give up the day job Kriss because doubt the pennies will come rolling in on the comedy!! ;-)

Fair enough I probably come out with the same stuff each year, but maybe if the same old issues weren't happening each year I wouldn't be so predictable. I mean come on, even the staunchest mod must accept that a lot of the complaints by so many are a reoccurring theme and that isn't good enough surely. Let's face it too many long shots have been an issue since prehistoric times when half the FM population just whacked all their team on "no long shots" and I suspect even you would admit that full backs were pretty pants last year and once again defensive issues seem to be a problem.

If you have read my posts over the years I will give as much praise as I criticise. FM14 for instance I thought was pretty good at the start with beautiful long range passes, quality finishing and generally brilliant all round play at times. Yes there were defensive issues but on the whole first impressions were good. Then they ruined it by pretty much nuking attacking play to make up for the poor defending, yes I mean top class strikers blasting it straight at the keeper!! So I can praise and I have but when you see the same issues year after year then the responses and feedback will be the same year after year! And even the fella in the paper reviewing the game thought the new tactic screen was pretty pants!!

So in a nutshell I am providing feedback on the feedback. If you can't accept some negative feedback (which is the whole point of a feedback thread) without posting sarcy comments maybe "mod" isn't the job for you!

Actually Sussex, this thread is for constructive feedback of the release. Now if you don't own the release, how can you provide constructive feedback?

Now some feedback.

I won't go into the amount of goals or indeed too many goals from long range as that seems to have been covered on every page of this thread.

1 thing that I am finding though is it seems a little easy to loan players with lower league clubs, good players at that.

Just a couple of examples of players I have managed to loan while playing as Novara in Serie C.

I have Mason from Spurs, he is rated at 7.5m, should he really be coming to my team on a season long loan, also at no cost to my team?

I also have Blackett come to my team from Man Utd, again on a season long loan and again at no cost to my team, he is valued at 5m.

I also can get other players that have pretty high value all coming to play in Serie C.

I am not sure of the average value of a player in Serie C but I would guess around the 500k mark, yet I would have no problems in filling my team with players all valued at 2m+.

This seems a little off.

Worth uploading a save daylight. May be design, but on the surface does sound a bit iffy.

Did you check to ensure they both had proper GKs selected?

Hehe, it's doesn't matter actually. Well, I'm not saying the ME is fully scripted, but.. my point is attributes doesn't really matter much..

I've run tons of test on this, not only this year but previous years too. You can re-create it yourself easily. Using FMRTE lower all stats of opposition goalie to 1, before the game ofc. Start the game and see. With 1 pace 1 acceleration 1 jumping itc he shouldn't be able to move properly, but he still will be making amazing acrobatic saves. The thing is - if ME decided your team shouldn't score in this particular situation - you won't score; the ball will hit the bar, hit the defender or goalie gonna save it, and it will be an amazing world class save if needs be, his stats doesn't matter here.

Actually Sussex, this thread is for constructive feedback of the release. Now if you don't own the release, how can you provide constructive feedback?

I'm providing feedback on the feedback!! ;-)

I'm merely commenting on many posters negative issues with the game as if to say "oh dear not again". However there are also posts that are pleasing to see and positive. If the same old issues get sorted then we could have a cracker of a game on our hands and that I think is what we all want. I'm sure I'll always find something to moan about though but if I didn't moan it would mean I didn't love the game. Bit like the wife, bloody awful when it comes to one on ones, her interface is difficult to understand at times and her tactical set up means I don't score too often but like the game I couldn't give her up!! ;-)

I'm merely commenting on many posters negative issues with the game as if to say "oh dear not again". However there are also posts that are pleasing to see and positive. If the same old issues get sorted then we could have a cracker of a game on our hands and that I think is what we all want. I'm sure I'll always find something to moan about though but if I didn't moan it would mean I didn't love the game. Bit like the wife, bloody awful when it comes to one on ones, her interface is difficult to understand at times and her tactical set up means I don't score too often but like the game I couldn't give her up!! ;-)

Fair play. :D:applause:

Something you need to tell me? Sounds like we're sharing wives.

Fair play. :D:applause:

Something you need to tell me? Sounds like we're sharing wives.

Something tells me you guys are spending a lot of extra time on the training ................. ;)

Still trying to give FM15 a go but when the AI is scoring from 90% of crosses and hitting 35 yarders it is hard, Beat Derby 5-2 in the cup with Crewe earlier, 5 goals where headers, one from 35 yards and the other from 30 yards. Also with Villa most of the players said I was not ambitious enough finishing mid table when we are predicted 15th.

Just beat Palace 3-0 and got 2 injuries in the game so I have 8 first team players injured

pathetic really ive played my first 15 premier league games (each game twice so 30 games) with 2 totally diff tactics all im seeing is 80% of crosses lead to goals 70% of corners = goals , hilarious goalkeeping errors, dont matter how u set your team up ...

So as I understand, in FM15 you go with a tactic that combines "exploit the flanks" and "shoot from distance", give wing players order "cross often", and you destroy your competition and dominate the um....football...world. :D

Remember to put strikers at fullbacks and wingers for max efficiency

This game is so unplayable its not even funny. The amount of injuries is unrealistic, brb every other day someone is injured. Signed new player, gets injured his first week there. just lol

So why not find out why this is happening instead of blaming the game? Because it's one of two things. Either your fault or bad luck.

The player interactions are ill thought-out. To take on example, when you promise a player first team games, whether you succeed or not doesn't depend on the total number of games he's played in that period, but whether he's played enough in the period before the 'promise' wears off. And you have no way of telling how close you are to having played him enough, so you can end up with the situation of everything going well, resting him for the last game before the end of the promise, and then having an angry player because that was apparently the threshold.

Some actual feedback/questions...

What's the news on improved player interaction?

I ask because I just had Max Kruse come to me saying he thinks he'll be a more important player for Bayern Munich than he is for me..

He's currently a Key Player for me, and will have to contend with the likes of Lewandowski, Muller, Mario Gotze and Volland at Munich..

Hardly seems legit

EDIT: Ninja'd By dsch

Signed Gorcuff and he got injured on international duty before I even got him in the side. It was annoying as Lamela was hurt as was Soldado. It sucks, but luckily I prepared for it and I must say this must really suck for lower league managers as they don't have the funds to deal with this.

I ask because I just had Max Kruse come to me saying he thinks he'll be a more important player for Bayern Munich than he is for me..

He's currently a Key Player for me, and will have to contend with the likes of Lewandowski, Muller, Mario Gotze and Volland at Munich..

Hardly seems legit

You probably need to progress a bit further to see what the outcome is, I've seen this talked about but no bug reports are in.

Signed Gorcuff and he got injured on international duty before I even got him in the side. It was annoying as Lamela was hurt as was Soldado. It sucks, but luckily I prepared for it and I must say this must really suck for lower league managers as they don't have the funds to deal with this.

Depends where they are, in Brazil you can play a complete team of loanees in Divs 2 & 3, weird!

Fair play - I tried a bunch of options but he really wants to leave - I could offer him a new contract to almost force him to stay, but I'm Gladbach and my budget isn't great, besides If he wants to leave the current Bundesliga Champs, then so be it, don't want such nonsense in my dressing room thank you ^^ -

Gah, all my players are being lured away, just had to sell Granit Xhaka T_T

Hardly seems legit

The whole system needs tweaking, I think. I've had players who've played the most out of anyone in my squad coming to me demanding more first team football.

Archived