Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know, but I'm convinced at least part of that was due to contradicting criticisms on here.

IMO, people should play at least half a season before offering any ME feedback. Shouting the odds about the game being 'broken' or 'unplayable' after a few matches helps no-one. I just started my first full game (ie, not FMC) last night after the release, and I'll give my own feedback on the ME when I've played a serious amount of games, but it's looking really good thus far.

I think Paul and his team have learned to read the comments with a pinch of salt, as you say people shout the odds after 1 game complaining the thing is broken. Last year was a bit of a freak one, its unlike them to get it so wrong with an update.

Player ratings are critical. A guy scores a goal and his rating stays 6.8 ?

Also the teams victory does not affect everyone in regards to their ratings, it doesn't matter anymore if you've won or not, not all players will have ratings above 7.

Here you go http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/487806724322973531/21BD84EEFA4C2D05621FE54B52028846BF7B5FC5/

Once you are in the transfer centre you have to click on "Transfer Targets" you can see it highlighted in blue on the top left hand side of the screen.

Thank you. My assistant could only find 3 keepers and no one for any other positions :applause:

The transfer thing is really starting to annoy me. Forrest offer me £600k for my striker valued at £1.5m who has just signed a new 3 year deal?

I had an offer for £19M for Zabaleta (valued (£19M) so I tell them gimme £20M and we got a deal. They then come back with a £1.2M offer with no clauses or anything. I refuse the ludicrous offer. A few days later they are back with a new bid of a whopping £450k. WTF.

25gukvb.jpg

I saw another wierd thing on the same save. It was a mess around game. When I as Man City bid £1M for Portsmouth players the bid was acctually just £250k when Portsmouth recived it. When I bid £2.5M the bid was only 500k, and when I bid 20M the bid was acctually just £3.3M when I recived the bid at Portsmouth.

Edit: The game was generated with 14.1.1 and continued with 14.1.2

My last three games

Luton vs Oxford result 2-2

Luton, shots 19, on target 10, possession 72%

Oxford, shots 7, on target 6, possession 28%

Luton vs Northampton 1-1

Luton, shots 16, on target 4, possession 60%

Northampton, shots 11, on target 3, possession 40%

Luton vs Dag & Redbridge 1-3

Luton, shots, 21, on target 8, possession 62%

Dag & Redbridge, shots 6, on target 4, possession 38%

Totals

Luton, shots 56, on target 18, possession average 64.66, goals scored 4

Opposition, shots 24, on target 13, possession average 35.33, goals scored 6

Also worth bearing in mind that its December and I’m top of the league, all of these games were played with the last update.

Now I guess my shooting coach is about the same as for the other 3 clubs, maybe their players are all on finishing training although I doubt it, and one of the goals scored against me was an own goal, curiously a bullet header, something I have yet to see in a season and a half of play when directed at an opposition goal, now obviously I’m still playing the beta as Amazon have yet to deliver my hard copy, but please somebody tell me that the latest game version is an improvement on this.

Have the same issue in my game and over a longer period of games. I am sure this is the AI using their tactics to negate your attacks and exploit weaknesses in your tactic but have to agree that this happening game after game isn't realistic. Long ball counter attack seems to high powered, perhaps?

I had an offer for £19M for Zabaleta (valued (£19M) so I tell them gimme £20M and we got a deal. They then come back with a £1.2M offer with no clauses or anything. I refuse the ludicrous offer. A few days later they are back with a new bid of a whopping £450k. WTF.

25gukvb.jpg

A saw another wierd thing on the same save. It was a mess around game. When I as Man City bid £1M for Portsmouth players the bid was acctually just £250k when Portsmouth recived it. When I bid £2.5M the bid was only 500k, and when I bid 20M the bid was acctually just £3.3M when I recived the bid at Portsmouth.

This is known issue and SI have found what the problem is. Just need to wait for an update to sort it out. Have to say, though, that it beggars belief that this got through testing into the release version of the game. Complete game spoiler at the moment and the ME/AI isn't much better either.

Thought that was fixed...

Removed the graphics folder withing the Steam Workshop folder btw. Duplicated 10 gb of pictures wtffff.

Would be nice to get some info from somebody of SI about that transfer bug and the updated ME because I cant start any game right know.. Hope there will be a patch today. First beta was very good. Best ME in years. How did that changed so much.

Surely this post is here for people to give their feedback, however right or wrong it is.

It doesn't need people like you to offer comments that aren't constructive in the slightest.

(even though, ironically, my post is doing the same)

Point accepted but its constructive feedback that is required as opposed to rants, though the poster does make some good observations. Ideally these would also be posted inthe bugs forum with a PKM uploaded. This will help get them investigated and hopefully resolved

Although I agree that one should not shout that the game is broken and troll the forums, and so forth, I do believe that when you say 31. of october as release date, the main bugs should be fixed. I haven't experienced any serious bugs as of now, except the bloody ratings. All in all the game seems much more fluent than 13.

25gukvb.jpg

I saw another wierd thing on the same save. It was a mess around game. When I as Man City bid £1M for Portsmouth players the bid was acctually just £250k when Portsmouth recived it. When I bid £2.5M the bid was only 500k, and when I bid 20M the bid was acctually just £3.3M when I recived the bid at Portsmouth.

Stuff like this, for me, is a game breaker. I won't be starting a new game until its patched.

Although I agree that one should not shout that the game is broken and troll the forums, and so forth, I do believe that when you say 31. of october as release date, the main bugs should be fixed. I haven't experienced any serious bugs as of now, except the bloody ratings. All in all the game seems much more fluent than 13.

You haven`t experienced any serious bugs of now, except the bloody rating??? The bloody rating is a enormous bug! It`s game breaking, and effect all aspects of the game: value, developing, morale, performance etc...

25gukvb.jpg

Thats the problem you have used a continued game. I believe the issue is fixed in the latest go-live build. I think DB changes aside SI updates are compatible with saved games but sometimes they take a while to take effect. I've no idea how long they take in this instance

I'm glad that as man City you are looking to buy some players from Pompey :)

I still can't get it to 14.1.2, bought thru amazon and they only do one code, have verified cache at least 20 times even tried reinstalling and the old blob registry fix to no avail, I know these things always work out but it's very frustrating especially when you've pre-ordered first chance you've get.

I had to share this,

Someone made a thread on the Steam Community hub, I thought it may make a few people smile.

"Top sellers, is this a joke??

This is not even a real football game, its more like a simulator, if you are expecting Fifa action or PES experience, avoid this."

Good stuff :D .

Weird, started a new save this morning, with full release build, but Lewandowski is still joining Bayern :/

If this is the case:

a) Check you are using the latest db

b) log it as a data issue, this was raised some time ago

c) use the editor to delete this future transfer, save the DB then use this DB on a new Start/Save

Hello,

Just a little advice. Put the FM 2014 Dark Skin into the next update as before. Keep it simple, please.

Best regards...

Agree with this.

Shouldn't have to do some workaround (thanks to the guy that found this fix) to get something that should automatically come with the game imo.

While the games a beta I dont mind the bugs ect, once it becomes the full game I expect better.

I said this last year and will say it again this year, why can't there be a longer beta? 2 weeks really doesnt seem long enough for a game of this scale. At release day any patches/updates to the game should be minor as all the big issues should have been sorted out during the beta. Instead we have a day one release with Transfer issues, match rating issues and ME issues, waiting for a patch/update that may go onto break something else. If the game is released at the end of October next year, then please can we have a beta available mid September at the latest.

There seems to be a continuous Football Manager release cycle of: calm optimism of pre-beta, the 2 week headless chicken stage, the weekend of release angst, and then, finally, the game fixing post release patches that roll in over the dark cold winter months that satisfy the majority. Surely next year won't be as bad? yes, yes Barry it will.

On a more positive note, when all the issues have been sorted out (which Im sure they will be) this will be a great Football Manager!

Agree with this.

Shouldn't have to do some workaround (thanks to the guy that found this fix) to get something that should automatically come with the game imo.

I think that the FM installation is overcomplicated, and each year that passes, it seems to get more complicated.

For the past few years now, two of my mates have to bring their laptops round to mine for me to install the game for them (not just install, but adding graphics, patches, fixes - the knock on effect's this has). We need to remember that not everyone is who wants to play football manager on a PC or Mac is 100% tech-savy.

I'm going to wait until I start as well. I understand that it's a lengthy process and that fixing one thing may lead to other issues but it is disappointing that the game is in this state on release day. I think that the transfer bug and the ME issues are pretty big problems and I really hope they are sorted ASAP.

Btw I'm not intending to have a dig, everyone from SI on the forums has been really helpful and like I say I understand it's not as easy as fixing it immediately but this is just my honest feedback as someone who's played FM/Cm for 13 years. Once the bugs are sorted it's got potential to be a great game and I really like some of the new features.

While the games a beta I dont mind the bugs ect, once it becomes the full game I expect better.

I said this last year and will say it again this year, why can't there be a longer beta? 2 weeks really doesnt seem long enough for a game of this scale. At release day any patches/updates to the game should be minor as all the big issues should have been sorted out during the beta. Instead we have a day one release with Transfer issues, match rating issues and ME issues, waiting for a patch/update that may go onto break something else. If the game is released at the end of October next year, then please can we have a beta available mid September at the latest.

There seems to be a continuous Football Manager release cycle of: calm optimism of pre-beta, the 2 week headless chicken stage, the weekend of release angst, and then, finally, the game fixing post release patches that roll in over the dark cold winter months that satisfy the majority. Surely next year won't be as bad? yes, yes Barry it will.

On a more positive note, when all the issues have been sorted out (which Im sure they will be) this will be a great Football Manager!

QFT.

Potential best FM ever. Didn't care about the bugs in the Bèta because it was, offcourse, just stil a Bèta and not the full release. But know when SI released the full version i'm really disappointed because there are some major flaws and game breaking bugs still in the game.. Really excited to start a online game with few guys but I don't think we will start today though because of those bugs.

UI is awsome. (Dark) skin is nice to. Everything plays much faster and there are some really great new features in the game what makes the game even more realistic. Would recommend FM14 to everybody. Hope they sort those game breaking bugs before the weekend starts so everybody can play!

What's happened to pre and post match press conferences? They seem to have vanished, or is this a 'feature' of the new game?

They have been significantly reduced in lower leagues after feedback. It helps improve the realism and defines the differences between lower and top level leagues.

If you feel there is a particular scenario that you should be getting a press conference but are not, please post a thread here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/366-Media-News-and-Press-Conferences - and upload a save game before the press conference should appear. Thanks :thup:

Adding columns to the tactics view screen during a game is nice. But re-sizing them is a complete nightmare.

If i add a column then the Avg. Rating column disappears to the right and no matter how much i drag any column to re-size it's just gone.

If two columns disappear then i can get one back by click-dragging the "wrong" direction first (it disappears to the right, so i have to re-size to the right) then back in the opposite direction to where i want the border of that column to be.

That column that comes back is now visible again but it's massive.

The column furthest to the right is still gone. It exists but it's not possible to view it.

I get the icon to click and drag but nothing happens.

If i could import the same tactical view in the in-match tactical view, as i can in the regular tactical view, then it probably wouldn't be a problem.

But i can't do that. It basically says it's not possible.

Any ideas or pointers would be most welcomed.

This is possibly one minor thing that has annoyed me in the last few versions. Re-sizing the columns is, and have been, a complete nightmare for me.

Can you please post this in the UI bugs forum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/368-User-Interface) preferably with screenshots so we can have a closer look?

No difference whatsoever from the BETA regarding the ME, which is still horrible, player ratings are so low it's unreal, even if you win 5-0 you still get 2 players with a rating under 7.

The only difference i saw is the transfer offers are back to normal, like before the latest update.

I thought the BETA version was meant to improve the Full version, mainly in the ME and DB sections, what's the point of releasing a BETA 2 weeks before ... Hope for an update which improves the DB and the ME as soon as possible.

No difference whatsoever from the BETA regarding the ME, which is still horrible, player ratings are so low it's unreal, even if you win 5-0 you still get 2 players with a rating under 7.

The only difference i saw is the transfer offers are back to normal, like before the latest update.

I thought the BETA version was meant to improve the Full version, mainly in the ME and DB sections, what's the point of releasing a BETA 2 weeks before ... Hope for an update which improves the DB and the ME as soon as possible.

The database wont be updated until after the January transfer window, no matter what.

I can't find a way to make set piece instructions to players who have personalised insturctions. Is there a solution to this?

Otherwise, great game!

That would be because you're unable to. It's something we'll be reviewing for the future. Keep in mind, we wouldn't need to just add a UI to handle this but have to more importantly make sure the ME picks up on these instructions too. That is, it's not a small job.

• SI Staff

Yeah I hold my hands up over the player ratings, as particularly the full backs at lower levels do rate too low. We are working on a ME update that will address this and one or two other areas in the coming weeks.

A lot of the other stuff in terms of the ME is subjective and can depend on user setup, tactics etc. This thread is giving us far more negative feedback ME wise than anywhere else so far, and these forums are a very small sample of FM users these days.

This is one of the most accurate and best posts I have read in a while. Spot on m8 :)

Yeah I hold my hands up over the player ratings, as particularly the full backs at lower levels do rate too low. We are working on a ME update that will address this and one or two other areas in the coming weeks.

A lot of the other stuff in terms of the ME is subjective and can depend on user setup, tactics etc. This thread is giving us far more negative feedback ME wise than anywhere else so far, and these forums are a very small sample of FM users these days.

The highlighted text above is total BS m8. The forums all over (i have checked 8 from 5 different countries) are packed with the same issues. Tenfolds of general bugs, a ME that is completely off; rating, between 20-40 shots each game and 1 goal, horrific defenders in general and striker(s), not able to view in a complete full screen (setup for topbar in-game doesn`t work) etc...

Since you incorrectly state the negative feedback is mainly in this post, here is one of several examples of that not being correct: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-tactics/144365-you-have-see-believe.html

• SI Staff
[/b]The highlighted text above is total BS m8. The forums all over (i have checked 8 from 5 different countries) are packed with the same issues. Tenfolds of general bugs, a ME that is completely off; rating, between 20-40 shots each game and 1 goal, horrific defenders in general and striker(s), not able to view in a complete full screen (setup for topbar in-game doesn`t work) etc...

Since you incorrectly state the negative feedback is mainly in this post, here is one of several examples of that not being correct: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-tactics/144365-you-have-see-believe.html

Yeah I saw that link. So someone had 3 games where they didnt maybe get what they deserved based on the stats. Everton's first 3 games of the season in real life anyone? It happens.

Well someone stole my kickass wingbacks and replaced them with cheap replicas or evil(bad) twins... They are useless, runs to oposing players with the ball to give to them and it also reflects on the rating they get. I haven't really got anything to complain about concerning ratings in general like others have, but my strikes, who now score even less, also get ratings that is way lower - though it do reflect their crap finnishing :)

ATM each match I'm playing is one more step towards a ruined season... Nothing is more tempting atm than taking a break untill the next patch, unless there is a way to get the game back to beta version?

Well someone stole my kickass wingbacks and replaced them with cheap replicas or evil(bad) twins... They are useless, runs to oposing players with the ball to give to them and it also reflects on the rating they get. I haven't really got anything to complain about concerning ratings in general like others have, but my strikes, who now score even less, also get ratings that is way lower - though it do reflect their crap finnishing :)

ATM each match I'm playing is one more step towards a ruined season... Nothing is more tempting atm than taking a break untill the next patch, unless there is a way to get the game back to beta version?

I am nieve when it comes to coding but is increasing full backs ratings really difficult? I appreciate it may not solve the issue but I would rather them a little high than how they are now. I've only played a bit because of some of the issues mentioned. I can wait for some of them but the rating, ccc's missed and amount of shots is killing it.

Now I know this is off no concern but many people have taken some time off to play (as have I) and a few weeks is of no use to me in the short term.

a ME that is completely off; rating, between 20-40 shots each game and 1 goal, horrific defenders in general and striker(s), not able to view in a complete full screen (setup for topbar in-game doesn`t work) etc...

And yet, I get none of these issues. Go figure.

Archived