Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

Doesn't happen every week though.

Maybe not in real life, but it stands to reason if it can happen at all, then it conceivably could happen all the time. The reason it doesn't happen more often in real life is because real life managers do more to counter it. Because they're experienced managers who understand football, not geeks like us playing computer games. :lol:

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had one of the most annoying of occurances.

Cross comes in from their left wing, towards my back post. My left back collects the ball in the six yard box, under no pressure from any opponents (at this point, the nearest opponent is around 20 yards out). He then proceeds to 'attempt' to clear the ball, but instead of kicking it, it rolls off the side of his foot into my net for an own goal. Ridiculous.

I've asked already but didn't get a response so I'll try again...Keep getting a slight pause before a goal is scored in the 3D ME? I got it last year too and I'm sure I fixed it by adjusting the frame rate but I don't want to do it just incase I'm wrong and that isn't how to fix it. I have it on automatic at the moment.

In regard to the issue with fullback ratings, I have something funny happening. My rightbacks seem fairly average now, but my leftbacks ratings have ranged between 3.3-4.6 so far. Maybe I just have horrible leftbacks! :)

Significantly disappointed with the tactical side of the game. Fewer tactical options than ever (you got rid how to feed the target man.....really?) with next to no replacement options. I feel more tactically limited than ever.

Conversely, the non tactical side of the game seems to have many more options, and a better way of reminding you of many of the options, such as match preparation, which is great to see.

Does anybody else find that in this years version clubs rarely or never come in with bids when you offer players out? I've done this with loads of decent players at reasonable prices and nobody ever tries to buy them, leaving me with a massive squad. I am Saint Etienne in France and have all the big European leagues loaded

Yep, I totally have this. Wonder if the 14.1.3 touches this aspect at all. For me it's probably the biggest issue...

Not in my game they aren't. And be honest, were it not for the issue surrounding the ratings of defenders and the hysterical reaction it caused on this thread, you'd not even be noticing it.

True, I mean I clearly can't think for myself so I clearly come in here to see what issues there are so I can pretend that they are happening to me.

Chelsea v Sunderland

shots 32 v 6

on target 19 v 3

Possession 56 v 44

corner 12 v 4

avg rating 6.64 v 7.16

score 0 - 1

COME ON ITS A JOKE, its not an isolated incident, it is the majority of games

Man utd just lost 3 in a row, last 2 rounds none of man city, arsenal, man utd have won a match all against much lower opposition.

FIX IT PLEASE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987837085/screenshots/

Honestly, there's no point having this thread is there? Just ask Dagenham_Dave if it's a bug or not. If it's not in his game, it clearly doesn't exist and it's caused by mass hysteria.

Let's be honest, you posted a screenshot of your player ratings of a 2-0 Arsenal win at Bristol City, where your defenders received 6.7 as their rating. Seriously, what is so wrong with that? The defence maybe didn't have much to do. Defenders ratings have been too high for years on FM. They changed it in a previous patch but unfortunately skewed it too much the other way which they've now fixed in the update earlier on.

Stop looking for issues that aren't there, it does no-one any favours.

I don't even remember what it's like to win games.

Ever since the patch that nerfed Wing Backs (not saying thats what broke it but thats which patch it was) I just can't win.

Same exact tactics. Same exact players.

I was like 6 points clear in the 1st place. Now I literally LAUGH when the pundits say I'm going to win. Because I know I will not.

I don't understand what's happening. I can see that something is wrong here. But it doesn't seem to be anything I'm doing.

Right, well if they want to lower the ratings, that's fine, but only if they lessen the effect it has on things like morale. They didn't have much to do, but pretty much everything they did, they did right. Unfortunately, the game doesn't quite see it like that, so I've got a load of defenders whose morale seems to be stuck on "ok".

And ok, I'll be sure to run any issues past you first.

Right, well if they want to lower the ratings, that's fine, but only if they lessen the effect it has on things like morale. They didn't have much to do, but pretty much everything they did, they did right. Unfortunately, the game doesn't quite see it like that, so I've got a load of defenders whose morale seems to be stuck on "ok".

And ok, I'll be sure to run any issues past you first.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but didn't Jenkinson only complete 2 of 13 crosses? Also, this 'effect on morale' line that people are coming out with is also wildly exaggerated. I played half a season with my team pre the last update there when the fullback ratings in particular were poorer, but there was no visible negative effect on their morale as the team was playing well and mostly winning. Winning games is the biggest affector of morale, not player ratings.

And as for your last sentence, there's really no need for the attitude.

People were a lot happier with the Beta because it was extremely easy.

Now it's the opposite. Everyone hates it because it is unfairly difficult. They pretty much make your team SUCK. And morale SUCKS.

And then go have fun. While your team ties against much weaker opponents, occasionally losing. And gets blown out by anyone remotely close.

Oh and it's your fault. Because everything you were doing that worked suddenly doesn't. But it's your fault.

Sorry I'm just frustrated. I understand this is a process. Honestly I think the Beta process should be like 2 months long. There is clearly some serious bugs.

I'm actually going to throw MORE MONEY at SI and purchase FM13. Cause obviously FM14 is a work in progress and can't be taken seriously at this time.

Here's the issues with the game

1) Way too hard. There needs to be some sort of middle ground was way too easy before.

2) Defending is criminal. They just don't go after the ball. As long as there is one person on the ball carrier everyone else is content to be in never never land and do nothing.

3) Players make the dumbest clearances. I have actually made a video where Danillo has FIVE wide open teammates infront of him and he clears the ball (gives it away basically) instead.

4) Players are extremely hesistant when crossing unless told otherwise. Doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

5) Set pieces slightly OP for the AI.

6) Shooting is absolutely absurd. 1vs1 chances that go VERY SLOWLY towards the goalie. Even wide open nets sometimes get slightly tapped and saved in the end.

But even worse is the HUMONGOUS amount of aimless stupid shots just blasting god knows where god knows why.

7) Last but not least they tend to under kick passes and then NOT GO AFTER THEM.

Overall the match AI sucks right now.

And Look guys I understand this will be fixed. I've been reading a lot. Apparently FM13 was pretty bad when it first came out before. But maybe you should warn your newer customers (like myself) not go expect too much at this time. This is a COMPLETE version after all.

When you see the AI big teams, man utd, arsenal, man city, liverpool and such, going on loss streaks of 3-4 games, having 30 shots every game, not scoring one goal, over and over and over again.

You know its the Match Engine and not the tactics.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but didn't Jenkinson only complete 2 of 13 crosses? Also, this 'effect on morale' line that people are coming out with is also wildly exaggerated. I played half a season with my team pre the last update there when the fullback ratings in particular were poorer, but there was no visible negative effect on their morale as the team was playing well and mostly winning. Winning games is the biggest affector of morale, not player ratings.

And as for your last sentence, there's really no need for the attitude.

I'm playing well and mostly winning, yet my defenders morale is shot.

And you're right, there was no need for it, just like there was no need for you to insinuate that I am unable to think for myself.

Whats SI's stance on the amount of shots? Are they trying to fix it?

xf2hif.jpg

Guess what Danillo does next?

If you guessed boot it upfield as a clearance you win a prize!

Cause we don't want to pass it to our 5 wide open teammates.

There's four attacking Southampton players in the penalty box. A long punt upfield will relieve the pressure on the defence and reduce the risk of getting caught in posession in a dangerous area where there are a lot of forwards.

There's four attacking Southampton players in the penalty box. A long punt upfield will relieve the pressure on the defence and reduce the risk of getting caught in posession in a dangerous area where there are a lot of forwards.

I guess...........

But the instructions said make short passes and keep possession. This is clearly giving the ball away as there is only one person who can get to the ball on the other side.

I see where you're coming from. But it's stupid nonetheless.

The problem is that this happens all the time and the only way to combat it is to "play out of defense". I guess this is one of those things where if you don't want them giving the ball away then select "play out of defense". But then the question is why on earth would you NOT select it? Would you rather just give the ball away?

Sometimes a long punt up the park is the better option. It happens in real football in every game.

Your players will play it out of defense on the occasions when there is little pressure from the opposition. In situations like the one you've posted passing it around the back four when there's so many opposition attackers there would be very risky.

Are you attempting parody? Because glancing through the last page or so, you're definitely succeeding.

Sometimes a long punt up the park is the better option. It happens in real football in every game.

Your players will play it out of defense on the occasions when there is little pressure from the opposition. In situations like the one you've posted passing it around the back four when there's so many opposition attackers there would be very risky.

I guess I just wouldn't expect a team that is very dominant over the other team to do that.

Especially since I try to be a possession first team. Keyword "try".

Seems like a complete waste to just give the ball away.

In American Football it's the equivalent of punting on Fourth and Inches with a really good offense.

This thread really is bordering on becoming useless for SI to use, but having said that, can I raise a small issue?

I've been getting a lot of shots, headers, free kicks etc hitting the woodwork. I mean A LOT.

I'm playing lower league and I'm averaging about 4 woodwork incidents per game (not joking - on average about 1-2 post/crossbar hits per team, per game)

It's almost as if the F.A. decided on thickening the goalposts by say, oh I don't know 500%. :D

Has anyone else been having this issue? I'll gladly upload my save game to FTP if it helps?

Game is unplayable for me at the moment, ME needs serious fixing.

So tired of these 5:7 scores and 50 shots every match. Tired seeing my defenders not doing anything, of endless long shots when much better options available (even with 'shot less' instruction).

Match ratings totally flawed. Goalies making too much unrealistic saves, but conceding silly goals.

My best scorers are both CB's.. 70-80% of goals comes from corners or wingers crosses, and as long as defenders only chase and not tackle - wingers are out or control.

Transfers, oh.. don't get me started. You barely can sell player for his value, but then it comes to buying.. AI just goes crazy. They won't even talk before you offer the triple cost.

And finally;

y6w9.png

Okay.. They rejected 320mils (I couldn't offer more) for 17yo guy. He has some potential, but nothing special.. moreover his consistency suck.

how are you getting these massive scorelines, i'm getting 20+ shots when the opposition is being snuffed out at home

or about 20 shared away.

bar the odd barmy one (dodgey backpass which went to my striker) and a 3-3 draw with goals from 3 corners and a long throw :/ everything seems to be fine

cant see any of these issues, sometimes my players punt long, mostly they do what you say, pass to a player out wide who then legs it down field, i get annoyed when they kick it out for a corner.

what is annoying is the finishing, creating 23 shots and scoring only 1 or 2 quite often.

had Welbeck hit the bar from 2 yards out with a header (this is fairly common 3 4 or 5 yards seem to miss more then score)

seen Aguaro have a shot go out for a throw :lol:

players clean through either miss or get thier shot saved.

it seems i'm the only one with actual working tactics.

how are you getting these massive scorelines, i'm getting 20+ shots when the opposition is being snuffed out at home

or about 20 shared away.

I've not been getting crazy scorelines/shots on target either. Just a crazy amount of woodwork hits. That, and the defence tracking back but not engaging the opposition (which, now I think about it, might explain the amount of shots on target some people are getting).

Has no one else been hitting the woodwork too much? It's an epidemic in my save...

Great! I was linked to this post to post my thoughts on improved play! YAY! And....., here it goes.

1) Confirmed changes (during the match) I cant read the reason, often its covered...although I can hover the mouse and read it.

2) Head coach profile (mine) the preferred tactic should be one of the tactics I have in my rotation and not one that is absolutely never been played.

3) No description for the Defensive Forward/Winger (Defend Duty).

4) Individual Pep Talk, Make one bar apply to all. -Suggest you place it above the 3 and put it evenly in the middle.

5) Add a button on subscriptions to default to the original choices. I cant figure out how to stop some that don't have an Unsub button cause Im not sure which selection I've enabled is effecting it.

6) Analysis (Controls) - Event Average positions has markers that are not identified in the legend.

7) Allow the asking of the board to make a donation to a various local org (one of the game supporters would be Kick-A$$!) which would allow both fans and player to identify with the team more. You could limit this to 2 or 3 players per year and the player has to have a superior rating or something like that.

8) Scouting needs to have the ability to move a player you wish to have scouted to the top of the list or somewhere else in the pool.

9) Contract info should state what role the player agreed to. Players shouldn't complain about lack of first team if theyre a back-up, OR they should ask to renegotiate their contract.

10) We "Head Coaches" should have the ability to gauge the training levels (attk. movement/def. positioning/set pieces) to determine what to focus on. A head coach would know how to gauge that, and I not good at looking through all the stats and match play results to figure it out.

11) Reviewing analysis of game- For the results, some are unreadable. I wish the stats could be tabbed or expanded out a bit, ie; tackles event read Inf. Tck ... Key Secondly don't put a . after inf if you not going to do for tck.

12) Suggestions on dropping a player cause I have a better player for the role should be changed if a person is a back-up or rotation contract.

13) I don't like when my GK has zero goals scored upon and ends with a subpar rating and when one or two goals are scored they occasionally have a much higher rating......

Hows all that? Anyways, have a nice day!

insanely high number of shots is direct result of poor defending AI. defence doesnt close down players like even a sunday league player would know to run up and either stand between attacker and goal, or try and take the ball off. too often i see instances of defenders just standing around, or letting attacker walk past them without as much as sticking out a foot

not seen it mentioned but heading is pretty poor in an attacking sense.

i play with two strikers that have a good level of heading for the league i play in but some headers seem almost scripted ( not suggesting the game is "fixed" but i can almost predict the type of header on its way) ,i do score a good number of headers but headers tend to go almost straight up or come off at very strange angles almost like the striker has a head like a 50p coin. the straight up headers almost always come from inside the 6 yard box including a great one where the striker hit the bar whenhe was about a yard out...cue someone saying it happened in the 1987 bolivian cup final or something

the complaint is not that every header is bringing out a good save its more the lack of variation in the misses. if it helps i can upload a few matches and this has been the same since the beta.

what is annoying is the finishing, creating 23 shots and scoring only 1 or 2 quite often.

had Welbeck hit the bar from 2 yards out with a header (this is fairly common 3 4 or 5 yards seem to miss more then score)

just posted about this before seeing this post, glad im not imagining it

the city fan in me would just put welbeck down as the game being realistic

The press have a question they'd like to ask you in the wake of Seattle's 3-1 defeat to New England;

Question: 'The fans are less than happy with right-back John Pantsil since signing. Are you confident he can come good?'

Answer: 'It's a known bug and SI are looking into it. I'm sure they'll fix it in a couple of weeks.' (Calmly)

Just gave up 57 shots in two home fixtures since the latest "update".

Same ****. Constantly heading and lumping the ball up field to no one, which causes waves and waves of attacks. Defenders literally standing still. Ratings consistently in the 4s.

Not sure my motivation to play has ever been sapped this early into a release.

Would you say the FM13 ME is a lot better?

Or is the game better altogether?

I need a FM type game that actually works well.

I am sure FM14 will eventually be absolutely awesome. But until then.........

until this game is polished. some time around feb next year. im enjoying fm 13.

fm is always a work in progress. i hope they iron out the ME by end of the year patch or whatever.

Same ****. Constantly heading and lumping the ball up field to no one, which causes waves and waves of attacks. Defenders literally standing still. Ratings consistently in the 4s.

Not sure how many times I need to tell you... stop swearing on the forums...

Next time it won't be a warning.

That being said.... there wasn't anything ME related updated in 14.1.13 .. it was a small update to fix the rating issue and a few minor things... so it wouldn't have any affect on the me

Archived