Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I accept and agree with the subtle change thing but the thing that makes me slightly hesitant to tweak is the fact that your fluidity drops when you do.

Fluidity doesn't change at all with role and duty changes. The hit is takes with instructions is minimal compared with the advantage a good change can give you.

Well this is the first time in history this has happened

Won the Championship on 101 points

Got to the FA semi's

Spent no money whatsoever

Got all the pundits from supporters/former players

Then new board comes along and sacks me saying they want their own man, what an absolute let down, never been sacked in any of the FM series ever lol

EDIT: oh and the message before on the season review was they were delighted with my performance and job status-untouchable....strange

Match engine on this is awful.

Players miss tens of chances every game, easy chances as well.

Match stats are ridiculous, for example 25 shots, 15 on target 1 goal. In another 17 shots, 8 on target. 0 goals.

Shot conversion rate is wildly unrealistic.

I am going to have my first whine of this release, brace yourself.

It is somewhat annoying me that people, yes myself included are giving feedback on what they feel needs to be looked at and giving proper feedback, maybe even going to the trouble of posting screenshots or giving numerous examples are just being ignored, or at least not being acknowledged, the posts of people whining that they can not win however seem to get a lot more attention from the powers that be.

Something not quite right there, maybe something else you guys can look at.

It is somewhat annoying me that people, yes myself included are giving feedback on what they feel needs to be looked at and giving proper feedback, maybe even going to the trouble of posting screenshots or giving numerous examples.

It seems these posts are just being ignored, or at least not being acknowledged, the posts of people whining that they can not win however seem to get a lot more attention from the powers that be.

Don't forget the real changes are brought about by bug reports and we know that people like you do them, SI rarely reply directly on here (PaulC excepted) and people like you don't need the attention of mere Mods who can't actually influence what happens in the game.

The probability of being sacked in that situation should have been very low, if you have a save shortly before the takeover process started then a post in the 'other issues' section of the bugs forum would be welcomed.

Nice to see that you seen to have taken it on the chin though. :thup:

LOL! suppose a first time for everything it's just never happened to me before they even gave me my first initial transfer budget of 27M and managing Birmingham I was getting excited (even got my back-room staff sorted) but in all fairness it does happen IRL where boards want their own man so thats realistic as a plus shame they didn't give me a crack haha

It is somewhat annoying me that people, yes myself included are giving feedback on what they feel needs to be looked at and giving proper feedback, maybe even going to the trouble of posting screenshots or giving numerous examples are just being ignored, or at least not being acknowledged, the posts of people whining that they can not win however seem to get a lot more attention from the powers that be.

I understand how you feel, but I'm sure they take it on board, I hope so anyway!

Bleh. Never one to moan but having my tactic go from pretty decent to lose every match after an update is unbearable. I was praising how well the beta went but this is rather annoying, especially in LLM where you have to tailor your squad to your tactics due to the wage restrictions.

Result Chelsea 0 Leeds (me) 0 a bore draw but a good result for Leeds I'd say. However, fans are devastated,,, they don't like losing to their rivals... what ? Leeds did not lose and to be honest that's a good result considering the gulf in class. In reality would the fans be devastated ? Why do they consider a draw to be a loss ?

Don't forget the real changes are brought about by bug reports and we know that people like you do them, SI rarely reply directly on here (PaulC excepted) and people like you don't need the attention of mere Mods who can't actually influence what happens in the game.

I always post in here AND in the bugs forum. Mainly because I've had my fair share of stuff posted in the bugs forum ignored.

• Administrators
I always post in here AND in the bugs forum. Mainly because I've had my fair share of stuff posted in the bugs forum ignored.

What has been ignored in the past? What areas have you posted in?

What have you done since the fullgame release? beta was great!

Player ratings are strange. FULLBACKS no longer score above 6. players ratings starting to go under 5 quite frequently

long range goals seem to happen more

The subs bench, all morale abysmal...

Fairs fair and I have to say I have not had any of my posts ignored on the bugs forum.

I even posted 1 that I pretty much knew they could not fix, that was my close cam glitching, I knew they could not fix it as I seemed to be the only one complaining about it, still they responded and tried to recreate it, they even asked for more information but again could not get it sorted, they gave it the true boyscout effort though.

Sorry but I can not knock the bug forums guys.

Is anyone else finding a truly staggering amount of shots off target? I get 20 or 25 shots a game with maybe 4 on target. They're "working it into the box", I have decent finishers up front. It's madness. I can't score to save my life.

My players couldn't hit a bull in the bum with a double bass.

is the current ME worth playing or it's game breaker

It is very much worth playing, you need more thought for your tactic and from time to time you will have to change your tactic.

There are still 1 or 2 things I feel need looking in to but the game is solid and a lot of fun.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

When renewing a player's contract, and he asks for, say, £3k p/w, and I say 'That's a bit greedy', and offer him, say, £2.8k p/w, he then demands £3.5k p/w.

I get this a lot (with different numbers of course). Is this a known issue? Seems like an illogical haggling method!

Surely you should be tailoring your tactics to your squad? That's the best way to control costs in the lower leagues.

I have an intended way to play so to speak, using multiple tactics throughout a season. I've always found that to be a better way to tailor a squad to cover those tactics I wish to employ. Not that I've played many games in what is my third season. Perhaps it's just a bad run of form but going from fluid and top dogs to a leaky sink is odd, even my more defensive tactics don't seem to be having a desired effect. Maybe morale has a bigger part to play this time around?

May be nothing more than an infuriating night talking but some of the hilarity I've seen tonight has baffled me. Seeing my keeper head the ball (in his own area) straight to an opposing player for him to run it in was baffling.

31 shots

7 on target

0 goals.

Come on. This is stupid.

I'm inclined to agree with you, however, your post lacks credibility because:

a) You fail to mention if this is a persistent issue. In reality, it could happen as a one off.

b) You may have looked, but you might want to provide some more information. Is this because your players are shooting from 30 yards incessantly? Do you maybe need to tell your players to work the ball into the box?

is the current ME worth playing or it's game breaker

Yeah, the actual game play seems better to me, strikers not just blazing 10 miles over anymore, only issues I have found since 14.1.3 is the player ratings are ridiculously low, and half my side are suddenly unhappy and want to leave

Tbf, there's been no issues with 14. Previous to that though, I had some threads that weren't acknowledged. I now post in both more out of habit than anything.

I think the mods and the SI guys have been excellent at providing feedback and gratitude on bug reports, and at keeping a really positive bug hunting process going in order to improve the game - which is what we're all interested in.

There's a very important rule that applies in LLM & that's to keep it simple. Many of us might love watching Bayern, Dortmund or Arsenal but too many fall for the trap of trying to emulate those styles in the lower leagues & tbh it is getting increasingly more difficult to pull of as lower league players tend to do stupid things when we over-complicate the tactics.

I never try to over-complicate, just a firm believer in having at least 3 tactics for switching. Maybe head back to the drawing board as it does seem to be alot of individual errors that are leading to these short comings.

Is anyone noticing an extreme increase in the amount of red cards on match day? I haven't had one yet for my team but every Premiership round at the moment there appear to be three or four sending offs.

Is anyone noticing an extreme increase in the amount of red cards on match day? I haven't had one yet for my team but every Premiership round at the moment there appear to be three or four sending offs.

Yes. Not just in Prem either. I've just been with Wolves in the Championship after winning promotion and it's the same there too.

Whats with the loading screen take ages now to load the game I almost learn all 14 loading language

P.S. The Steam workshop still taking ages to load don't freeze now but you will wait ages I gave up after 15 minutes.

Match engine on this is awful.

Players miss tens of chances every game, easy chances as well.

Match stats are ridiculous, for example 25 shots, 15 on target 1 goal. In another 17 shots, 8 on target. 0 goals.

Shot conversion rate is wildly unrealistic.

Norwich had over 25 shots on goal, 9 of them on target, against Cardiff a week or so back, and drew 0-0.

EDIT - Whoops, someone beat me to it!

Norwich had over 25 shots on goal, 9 of them on target, against Cardiff a week or so back, and drew 0-0.

In all fairness the shots on goal ratio is a bit off, teams can dominate play and have a large amount of shots on goal without winning, while you can name 1 example I myself have went 3 or 4 games with such an advantage and lost all those games, or maybe squeezed out a draw.

The fact you name 1 game as an example just proves more that it should not happen on a regular occurrence.

SI

Thanks for the rapid update it has improved the game dramatically and it is a lot more playable, the speed in which it was update shows in itself that you realised that game had serious flaws a lot of these have been a lot better but I do feel a bit more improvement is needed mainly with the match engine.

I know there are mixed views on it but I have played this game since it was first brought out and the sheer volume of posts on some of these as well as my experience in the game tells me that the gamers have a point and that it is still too difficult to beat the AI I know tactics need tweaking and improvising etc etc but there are lots of times when you can see the flaws in the game lower league teams hitting 1 shot and elite teams with 30 shots on target and the LLT winning 1-0 and although this is feasible the sheer volume of times its happening and the way in which people are experiencing it ie watching the game and the misses and the way the players move etc takes away this likelihood and for me it is definitely an issue possibly with ME that needs looking at.

I'm trying to be constructive with my comments so you can improve the game and therefore I get to play a better product and the update that has been fired out already is a huge step in the right direction, so for that I say thanks. :applause:

I do wonder however how you could release a game with these flaws, before the internet this would not be able to be amended and this game would be unplayable and your reputation tarnished on which many years of great FM games stand its evident that you needed to update it as I said or there wouldn't have been an update 1 day later.

So thanks for the update and I hope to get another one real soon and I know your probably working round the clock to provide so I can play a game which I love, have grown up with and I can feel that it's £34.99 well spent. :thup:

I allowed Monaco to sign Griezmann so I could see his contract details before I reloaded and offered him my own contract. Here's their contract: http://i.imgur.com/494iWq9.png

Here's what would've been required for him to play for Arsenal: http://i.imgur.com/fDrMuhE.png

Why the ridiculous increase in appearance fee and especially unused substitute fee? Why does the AI consistently get a considerably greater deal when buying and selling players than we do?

His contract at Monaco is for an extra year, so perhaps that's why he accepted lesser bonuses elsewhere. He's also got a release clause of just 11.75 mill if the club are relegated. Unlikely, but with Monaco, you never know. It's not a like for like contract.

Been messing around with the editor and IGE to make a ridiculously overpowered player as I tend to do each year (pushing the limits of what 200CA will get you is fun!)... striker finishing on 1-on-1s looks like it still needs to be looked at. A striker through on goal, 20 finishing, 20 composure, and so on should not be constantly missing them by shooting at the keeper from a foot away. This is while he's a world class striker against L1 keepers.

The general scoreline is looking like it should, and it is interesting to note that a single such striker can't carry a team quite like he could in FM12 (where you could literally win the prem off the back of his work).

SI

Thanks for the rapid update it has improved the game dramatically and it is a lot more playable, the speed in which it was update shows in itself that you realised that game had serious flaws a lot of these have been a lot better

All that was changed in the main game in this last patch was the player ratings for defenders.

Archived