Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

First match . i am QPR and just got my worse lost ever in all my years playing FM .. there full backs run me all over the place and they both scored . what a joke

too loss 9-0 in my first game with this patch says it all

<a  href=Man_Utd_v_Q_P_R_Stats_Match_Stats.jpg' a

Oddly enough I too am noticing the marauding nature of Full Backs. When I'm playing vs a attacking side (or I'm playing attacking myself) the full backs cut inside almost unopposed, I thought it was getting a bit strange when Tony Hibbert was even doing it!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be way too many shots per game now, even if it's not leading to a ridiculous amount of goals. My games are averaging about 60 shots between the 2 teams a game. Of which about half will be on target. But the game will end up like 1-1. I would hope for a better conversion rate from 60 shots on goal! In seriousness though, the number of shots seems abnormally high.

This is the 1st year so far in over 20+ that i have waited to purchase the game, and after reading the feed back on the forums i was going to give it a total miss. But gestures like this in today's vastly greedy cooperate world make me change my mind, releasing a patch the day before Christmas confirms to me that SI still care about there fan base and i would love to support you for another fun 20+ years :D

Keep up and the good work.

Sine ME 13.2, through ball from attacking players are missing dramatically. Counter attack situation which a through ball can nail it become horrible to watch. Player would either pass to feet of teammate who can easily run into a CCC by a through ball or take long shoot himself. After a nightmare patch 13.2, I'm not sure if I would like SI to "fix" this.

Overall, ME13.2 turn into a "dribble game" rather a "pass game" to me. I enjoy the passing style of ME13.1, player actually hold the ball, look for teammate to pass and play them into score situation. It was a joy to watch. Now, patch 13.2 make me feel like if my player can not dribble himself into dangerous position there won't be a decent chance been created.

The ME 13.2.1 is much better than ME13.2 which was the lowest level I could expect from SI. But no match to ME 13.1.3 to me.

what is going on?

playing away in the champions league.

drew 1-1

had ONE shot on target to thier 10

also player on wing with just grass and a keeper infront, just slows up and stops to look for a pass.

and Barcalona won 6-2 against PSG (knocking them out due to losing 6-1 in the first leg) :lol:

what is going on?

playing away in the champions league.

drew 1-1

had ONE shot on target to thier 10

also player on wing with just grass and a keeper infront, just slows up and stops to look for a pass.

and Barcalona won 6-2 against PSG (knocking them out due to losing 6-1 in the first leg) :lol:

I just finished playing against Barca. As Juventus lost the first game 4:2 at Camp Nou, won 5:1 at Juventus Stadion with 5:0 lead in the first half, without changing anything from the first game. Don't know what's going on. :lol:

Major lack of creativity from centre of the pitch. Been this way for most of the patches now. On the current one it seems like you either score inside the box from a cross, or you score from just outside the box. If you're set up from a pass in the centre of the pitch and you're inside the box, it seems as if it's impossible to score.

On another note, is there any way to go back to a former patch and continue a network game on that patch?

so left backs right backs and wingers now dribbling into centre and doing long shots...

so many long shots work ball into box shout is on.

wow concede to a rediculous free kick because foul gets given while my keeper has the ball, ending up in him being halfway up the pitch... wtf

My full backs are running literally everywhere and averaging 20-30 crosses each game. I'm not kiddin.

My single fullbacks has more shots then striker combined in a game

Wingers are nerfed too much, a tad too much.

Also defending of crosses has been very poor, it looked alright before the 2 new patches. They just ball watch the cross.

Tackling needs to be tone up abit. Almost every player ball watches and not attempt a tackle when in a clear cut tackling scenario 90% of the time.

All players regardless of position seems very reluctant too tackle. Even when I put the get stuck in, player just ball watches.

No attempt to intervene or break up play at all. You guys really have to find the delicate balance or having the right amount of tackles made in a game and clear cut tackles that definitely have to be won.

You can't sacrifise definite tackles just because u want to limit the amount of tackles in the game.

Anyone else having the same problems as me?

On a positive side not, heading is great seems like u guys nailed it.

nah my LM and RM are set as wingers, they keep cutting inside and shooting from range. so not an issue for me about them nerfed, seems the same to me.

tacking only works for me at home. no idea why

I turned down creative freedom to least, tackling weakened, no more silly dribbles and a bunch of goals

OK here is my Constructive feedback.

Why is my match preparation reduced to half. I am using the same tactic for the last two seasons. I have the same players. Then why?

Whats wrong with full backs. The basic job of a full back is to stop opposite winger from crossing the ball and he fails at it 95% of the time and every time the winger crosses it ends up in the net because my centerbacks chose to just stand and watch the ball. I am not really sure about everyone else but i can honestly say more than 80% of the AI's goals are scored in a similar way and no matter what tactic you use you can do nothing about it (if there is something please let me know) since your fullback just don't tackle.

I have plenty more but these are few. I will try to upload a few goals to show what i mean, but my internet connection is a bit slow so it might take some time

*Added Video*

Major lack of creativity from centre of the pitch. Been this way for most of the patches now. On the current one it seems like you either score inside the box from a cross, or you score from just outside the box. If you're set up from a pass in the centre of the pitch and you're inside the box, it seems as if it's impossible to score.

On another note, is there any way to go back to a former patch and continue a network game on that patch?

Totally agree with this, no matter what settings I use now there are few through balls played from midfielders, Previous patch my wingers were either crossing or cutting in to have a shot, now they do neither. It's all just tappy stuff around the area and again no matter using mixed, short or direct passing it's just passing it about and then a lot of the time players just lose it, shoot long or play it back to the keeper and it starts all over again! My forwards are rendered useless. The only time they score is when a cross (rare) or set piece comes in. Tried various striker settings but to no avail. You can actually see him darting forward slightly trying to anticipate a pass that never comes. Even with high end mixed passing with a highish tempo the passing and movement seems so laboured, gawd only knows what it would be like if I put it on slow!!! Again opposition full backs are too strong dribbling wise, I'm just pleased they can't shoot!! Yet my fullbacks just cannot defend like they couldn't two patches ago. I sorted them to an extent with tight man marking on that occasion but the last patch they were better so I changed back to my preferred zonal and yet now they have gone back to how they were two patches ago!!

Previous patch I seemed to get a balance for tactics by increasing some settings and lowering others and it seems that might have to happen again. No matter what team instructions I play it seems to play the same. You defend deep your defensive line is about 30 yards out. You defend high the defensive line seems to stay the same. Close down low you don't get near the opposition, you press more you still don't get close to them but your players tire very quickly. I have had a few players start at about 95% and be down to 75% within 20 minutes. Tackling seems non existent, I may be in the minority but I thought the previous patch was better and I hate saying that with all the work SI put in. I must say and I am trying not to be too critical but FM13 you seem to be adjusting your tactics with regard to how the ME plays rather than how your on pitch opposition plays. With possibly another patch in the future again it may be the case that we have to change tactics again. Very frustrating that possibly you can only settle into a long term save with the same tactical setup from March time.

The ME is getting there but seriously, i am top of the league with 9 points ahead in mid-season, and since the latest patch, i have played 6 games against teams in the lower-end of the table, ALL results have been 1-1 or 1-2 loss. I have tried to change my tactics and have tried every single thing but my players keep having chances, have 60% possession in most games but 90% of my shots are long range non-sense shots that waste chances, most of which are not even on target. on the other hand, the opposition always seem to find a goal some way or another in their every attacking move (most of these would be headers from crosses by a man marked by 3 players but somehow they always seem to get the ball and score.

Why is my match preparation reduced to half. I am using the same tactic for the last two seasons. I have the same players. Then why?

Whats wrong with full backs. The basic job of a full back is to stop opposite winger from crossing the ball and he fails at it 95% of the time and every time the winger crosses it ends up in the net because my centerbacks chose to just stand and watch the ball. I am not really sure about everyone else but i can honestly say more than 80% of the AI's goals are scored in a similar way and no matter what tactic you use you can do nothing about it (if there is something please let me know) since your fullback just don't tackle.

I have plenty more but these are few. I will try to upload a few goals to show what i mean, but my internet connection is a bit slow so it might take some time

*Added Video*

Agreed .

*Added Video*

Happens to me as well

RE: People struggling to get their MCs involved in assisting, it's definitely possible and I'd suggest that it's a tactical issue (probably resulting from the attacking section of your team all being set to attack, meaning there's no-one in an effective support position to bring your MC into the game).

My current MC stats after 6 months with this latest patch are:

MC (CM - A) 25 apps, 7 goals, 13 assists

I have a lone deep lying forward set to support, and one of my two wingers is also set to support, and both of them can drop back level with my MC when attacking, allowing him to get his assists and goals.

*Added Video*

From what I've read by wwfan, it seems that the FBs are reluctant to tackle the player if he's already at full speed.

Did anyone close down that winger when he received the ball, or was he allowed space to get up to speed?

wwfan's thread here shares his thoughts on how best to nullify the current super-dribbler problem:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339951-Handling-Super-Dribblers

Did anyone close down that winger when he received the ball, or was he allowed space to get up to speed?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339951-Handling-Super-Dribblers

. That's the whole point its the Fullback's job to close the winger as soon as he gets the ball. He dosen't do anything.

thanks Ackter. will check the link and see if it changes anything

I have another one

image.jpg

I have a good self made tactic. I really do. Its just ME that screws me most of the time (unfairly). If i was manc and AI is newcastle that would have been a goal.

Will upload more soon.

Well the advice is there if you want it.

if you are talking about the picture not the link if so please give me the advice since i can't see it.

Another small one might not be a big deal but still...

image.jpg

how easily nasri takes the ball away from cabaye. Its as if cabaye is passing the ball to his own player.

RE: People struggling to get their MCs involved in assisting, it's definitely possible and I'd suggest that it's a tactical issue (probably resulting from the attacking section of your team all being set to attack, meaning there's no-one in an effective support position to bring your MC into the game).

I have a lone deep lying forward set to support, and one of my two wingers is also set to support, and both of them can drop back level with my MC when attacking, allowing him to get his assists and goals.

I get assists on CM's as well, that's not the problem, the problem is the lack of through balls.

I have 2 world class CM's all with 18+ on Passing and Creativity and all of their assists is simple passes to strikers feet although i use direct passes and more creative freedom.

They never choose through balls even in counter attacks with an easy chance for a through ball. They always pass to feet, no matter what i try tactically.

And SI tried to remedy the attacking ineptidy of the playmakers by overpowering solo runs and dribbles and they failed miserably.

But still, the biggest problem by far is the defense AI, it's atrocious at best.

slight improvement, but long shot cancer is still there, so, ill wait further for another patch

shots: 46 (Forty Six) to me, 6 (six) to opponents

game ended 3-2, my team scored 2 from penalties and one from a corner.

Unreal scoreline given the shot amount from both teams, unreal amount of shots in the match. bad decisions on final third.

Merry xmas, i expect this is fixed for new year...

the best patch to date i think was 13.1.1 and Beta... worst by far was the previous one... this is just slightly better than the worst, so, still huge work to do.

I really appreciate the effort of SI team in make this game better, but I prefered the last match engine. This fix ruined my team apparentely. I was second place at the league with a bad team winning 7 games in a row and now just lost 2 easy games with this patch without creating any opportunities. Also my team conceded two ridiculous goals. One because my centerbacks just refused to mark the opposition winger at a counter attack, and waited for him to enter in the area to do something but was too late. The other goal my centerback just stayed still like a cone in a opposition cross and slowly the ball hit him and the opposition striker scored.

Also I am waiting for the free kicks to be fixed since the first release. I have never seen a direct free kick goal in FM 2013. And when theres a free kick between the area and the midfield you know its 90% chance there will be a perfect cross to the area, the other team will try to do a offside trap and will fail utterly because there is a lonely guy near the cross flag making the goal legal.

About the high amount of kicks that never happened to me playing the Brazilian League. The numbers are pretty similar to real life.

Also, I miss some nice long trought balls. Never seen on this FM. But maybe its because I play on a lower league.

I hope all those fixes will be made and this FM will be amazing like the last ones

I get assists on CM's as well, that's not the problem, the problem is the lack of through balls.

Exactly. I really hope they fix this, it can get very frustrating, especially of you consider that this aspect of the game was fine and they just decided to change it for reasons that are beyond me. I especially hate it when my CMs look for my overlapping sidebakcs and instead of passing into space they pass it to feet and the sidebacks need to stop their run to get the ball, run backwards a little and then continue, giving ample time for the defense to regroup...

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone!

I find most goals coming from byline crosses which either results in own goals or tap ins. It's very rare to see a 'Football goal' as in a killer ball through the middle to release a striker in on goal. I have hardly seen any 1 on 1 situations. However, very grateful for releasing a patch on Christmas Eve. Happy Christmas SI :)

SI is much more efficient now in listening to the community :applause:

I remembered that in the older FMs, you guys released patches only like once in every few months and we had to endure the bugs before the next edition came out.

It's much easier to do this now when Steam is required to play FM.

Just had my first long range goal in FM13, yay!

Some matches are horror show though; just drew 1:1 at home with a much weaker team here are some stats

shots 36:7

on target 12:3

off target 17:3

woodwork 4:0

long shots 15:5

All of my players have long shots set to low and I always play with work ball into box shout. They just kept shooting from distance anyway.

Sine ME 13.2, through ball from attacking players are missing dramatically. Counter attack situation which a through ball can nail it become horrible to watch. Player would either pass to feet of teammate who can easily run into a CCC by a through ball or take long shoot himself. After a nightmare patch 13.2, I'm not sure if I would like SI to "fix" this.

Overall, ME13.2 turn into a "dribble game" rather a "pass game" to me. I enjoy the passing style of ME13.1, player actually hold the ball, look for teammate to pass and play them into score situation. It was a joy to watch. Now, patch 13.2 make me feel like if my player can not dribble himself into dangerous position there won't be a decent chance been created.

The ME 13.2.1 is much better than ME13.2 which was the lowest level I could expect from SI. But no match to ME 13.1.3 to me.

Total agree 13.1.3 was the best. I just dont understand why they had to make so many changes to it.

Total agree 13.1.3 was the best. I just dont understand why they had to make so many changes to it.

Because of the wild exaggerations and extreme gnashing of teeth displayed on this very forum.

SI should know by this time that no matter what they do with the Match Engine, there will always be people moaning like crazy whenever they lose games.

Although little of the changes have affected any of my saves, it's apparent that the update before the one last night in particular was a case of tweaking too much based on the feedback from on here.

Personally, I would have preferred a small update to the original engine which would have ironed out the small amount of glitches present in the game at that time. Sometimes I think people look for errors in the ME rather than actually try and enjoy the game. How much time did the guy above take to get all those screenshots onto this thread for example? And for what? Static screenshots of the match action are utterly useless.

Anyway, my tuppence on the latest update. Nice to see more long shots and free kicks going in. I'm also liking the bigger variety of goals. One of the few criticisms I had with the original ME is that too many goals were very similar, ie through balls to the striker. But now we've got long shots, free kicks, scrambled goals, headers, deflections, and goals from bad defensive/keeper errors nicely spread around. I still hear the argument about full backs not tackling, but again, unless you watch the full match, you won't get an accurate reflection of this. Watching a highlight - by very definition - will result in a chance, which more often than not will show forward players getting the better of defenders. Watching a match on comprehensive shows many great tackles by full backs.

Overall, it just keeps getting better. This ME was miles ahead of the FM12 one to begin with, and but for a few minor blips on some updates, is improving all the time.

Can't see that being the whole reason TBH. In both the previous patches Noble for me had 11 or so assists and he plays in a deeper role. In a three man midfield two are on deeper roles with staggered mentalities. They are getting into the right areas but whatever passing settings they are on they don't pass it forward that often and when they do it is as someone else has mentioned it's a pretty pass to feet. The difficulty is balance because you don't want them to pass it forward willy nilly when better options are available. I'm convinced it's an issue with long shots to an extent as that will; reduce the number of passes a player makes. Think every FM since the ME came into physical being I have always had long shots on rare for everyone because mixed is too often. Never quite got that right IMO. And can I say this is not because I am losing, I have only lost 2 in 7 since the new patch.

Let me start by wishing you all a Happy Christmas.

In regards to this patch/update i have no complains, third time's a charm i guess, so :thup: SI :)

I have played/watched two matches yesterday with my main save in Serie A against Inter and Milan; started with a 4-3-3 default auto-role and auto-duty to be on safe side and started to change them on the fly as i was getting more confident of the player behaviour and positioning.

Second game i played normally using the shouts and strategies and could not notice any obvious flaws. :)

Player positioning and movement in both defence and attack and overall intelligence, keeper positioning (are able to cover and defend between them and the post now) and fouls are much improved. I was surprised to see some good play moves that i have never seen before too.

I am an happy camper, thanks again SI for going the extra mile even if it was to fix something you broke yourselves ;)

:thup::)

Ok so heres my feedback so far to the new me

Closing down seems better but maybe a bit erratic ie a player rushes in to close opp player moves the ball or passes so your player then overuns the ball by about 10 yds! Also 3 4 5 players closing down one player happens a lot

Passing seems more like a pin ball machine sometimes jus pings from player to player doesnt look real at all

Player ignore the ball when in pin ball mode so ball goes straight through or right next to opp player really slowly and they do nothing

Keepers a bit erratic seem to let such simple goals in no real attempt to save

Crossing and goal still there. My player had the opp where he wanted him cross came in my player in front of opp good poss moves to intercept cross and then stops ! Just stps dead and opp score.

Game is way too easyim winning virt every game 4 5 6 7 nil or they might score If my team gets bored and lets them.

I no my team is gd but im not sure we are that gd.

Thanks

another one

image.jpg

Will post more.

Santosh, would you mind posting these together in one thread in the bugs forum as well, please? It's very good feedback for the team and keeping it together in one thread would be a lot easier to follow than having to search through this thread for them.

Great to see another patch so quick.

Positives

Press has been toned down and there is an improvement in defensive positioning.

Mazy dribblers still cause problems but in fewer areas. This is always going to happen but now it can be dealt with not always successfully but that's realistic.

Negatives

Lack of tackling. I can see from the stats that tackling obviously does happen somewhere in the game but im yet to see a match highlight where a crunching tackle wins the ball back and sets up a chance. Winning the ball back in highlights is always a misplaced pass or a block.

Whilst defensive positioning has improved players seem more keen to be in the right place than to tackle.

Long shots are way to high. It always seems to be a first choice for most my players.

Shooting seems a lot poorer to reduce high scores but the number of chances still seems to high.

My bug bare for the last 2 patches now is the lack of creativity through the middle for players who do not use wide men. Please fix through balls. this patch is even worse than the last one in this area. I can show many a highlight or screen shot where the movement through the middle is perfect with options for a through ball which were being made in 13.1.3 but now in 13.2.1 these turn into long shots. At least in 13.2 my players kept the ball and started again.

I know Ackter has commented

I agree MC's get involved here as there is width around them to open up more space. but for teams and formation like below which predominantly plays through the middle there is a bigger issue here imo but i'm no expert. I am fully prepared to be hung drawn and quartered should it prove to be a "it's your tactics" job :D

formationc.jpg

yet again keep it going SI you'll get there and it is appreciated despite the frustrations you see on here.

well said Magnus,well said

I am not talking smack about the game developers, im talking smack about the users that spent one month calling other users stupid because, in their minds, the ME had no problems and no one knew how to play.

The ME had problems, they were fixed. Then some more problems appeared (wingers playing like Maradona against England), those problems seem to be fixed with this patch.

As for some of the users here. The question remains, you were calling people stupid because the "ME was perfect". If it was so goddamn perfect... why did it need 2 patches? Ill tell you, it wasn't perfect and you were all sheep that could not comprehend that there were serious problems with the game!

Santosh, would you mind posting these together in one thread in the bugs forum as well, please? It's very good feedback for the team and keeping it together in one thread would be a lot easier to follow than having to search through this thread for them.

The more pressing issue I see with this is where you have both defenders covering and one gets drawn to the ball leaving space in behind, though I haven't properly tested this in the new patch

I agree MC's get involved here as there is width around them to open up more space. but for teams and formation like below which predominantly plays through the middle there is a bigger issue here imo but i'm no expert. I am fully prepared to be hung drawn and quartered should it prove to be a "it's your tactics" job :D

formationc.jpg

yet again keep it going SI you'll get there and it is appreciated despite the frustrations you see on here.

Not a formation I've tried for years, but if you'd like to bring it up in the tactics forum I'm sure people there will love to give it a go (or probably already have).

The more pressing issue I see with this is where you have both defenders covering and one gets drawn to the ball leaving space in behind, though I haven't properly tested this in the new patch

If you get some good examples, please save the PKMs for the bugs forum too. The more info we give SI, the better they're able to determine the cause of issues like this (and in many cases, different things can cause similar behaviour, so the more examples they have, the more they're likely to find and fix).

sure. I will post them right away.

Archived