*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem I think is they try to cram in as many new features every year as possible, to warrent it being a new game and not just a patch with updated squads and so they can write 900 new features on the box. and some dont work as well as they should, then the year after they cram in as many new featurese as possible without the time to get them working as they should and without the time to finish or fix the stuff they added in the year before and so on and so on till it seems like nothing works as well as it should.

What they need to do is hold off a year and just get the stuff working what we got. If not been able to right 900 new features on the box and people complaining its just last years with updated teams thats a small price to pay to have at least one version of FM that works as intended.

Get his match fitness up?

I knew you responded to me here so took you off ignore for a sec.

When a player is on trial he does not play any matches for you,it is not allowed.

He is basically there for you to have a better look at him to see if you want to sign him,he is not allowed to play matches to "Get his match fitness up?".

Get his match fitness up?
I knew you responded to me here so took you off ignore for a sec.

When a player is on trial he does not play any matches for you,it is not allowed.

He is basically there for you to have a better look at him to see if you want to sign him,he is not allowed to play matches to "Get his match fitness up?".

Well he can get match fit for playing with your reserves or in friendlies actually, or if he is in the scottish lower leagues he can actually play a handful of matches too.

BUT, I still don't get what MacZidane thinks that will achieve with regard to contract negotiations though

He is hardly going to get match fit on a 2 week trial,yes he can play for my reserves for 2 games but that would hardly make him join on a trial.

This is not quite right as no player joins on a trial for 2 weeks with no intention of talking terms.

Just to add the player has actually flown in from Africa,makes it even more strange.

Ahhhh I understand what MacZidane means now, that he joined you purely in the selfish interest of using your facilites to get his own fitness up, with no intention of signing.......

Although the pedant in me would point out to daylight that you can take people on trial for the entire pre-season, and that they surely could get fit in this time, I have to agree in doubting that in FM a player would do this. I think MacZidane is trying to give our beloved game too much credit

Although the pedant in me would point out to daylight that you can take people on trial for the entire pre-season, and that they surely could get fit in this time,

As I said in my original post.

"I tried to sign this player who I am just dying to have,I tried in the summer to sign him for free but talks broke down,I have now been trying to sign him for almost 3 months but he keeps refusing to talk to me as the last time the talks broke down,Okay I can 'maybe' think that is okay but then as I really want him I asked my DoF to step in,he got him to come to the club for a trial,I was well chuffed,now he is here on trial I offer him a contract but he still refuses to talk terms."

It is well outside of pre-season.

What do people think of interaction in the new game? Gotta say I think it's been drastically improved, the conversations I have now actually seem like conversations that could be realistically taking place at clubs in real life. My most recent was with Thibaut Courtois at Chelsea. I'm in my second season, Courtois is my backup to Cech, and while I've given him all the cup games and a couple of league games, he hasn't played as many games as probably he or I would've liked. So he came to me asking for regular first team football:

Courtois: I'm concerned that I don't seem to feature in your plans. I'm good enough and I might have to leave to find first team football

Now, I didn't want him to leave as I think he's my future number one, so I replied

Me: You aren't currently in my plans but you'll be getting regular football next season

Courtois: If I'm not going to play here at the minute can I be loaned out to get some games elsewhere?

This seems a much more reasonable response than I was expecting or used to in previous FM games, and although a loan might be good, I need him for backup, so I went with that option

Me: I can't let you leave as you're still needed for cover here

Courtois: I see your point, hopefully I can take any chances that come my way.

Seems like a conversation you could hear with young backup keepers at almost any clubs. Good work SI, a nice improvement from before, makes man management seem a lot more realistic :thup:

Indeed Bracken.. you do seem to get a bit more joy and sense out of most players... there are still some nutters though... Isco practically threw a chair at me when I refused him regular football.

Well I guess there still had to be a few. Wonder what Balotelli's like on this game, he used to be impossible to manage, haven't had any experience with him on this one

Everything except the ME has been improved in my opinion.

I don't miss the training sliders, and to set up scouting, for instance. I do miss a bigger improvement to negotiations, however. They are still not actually negotiations...

Edit: to be fair, the ME has also been improved, but only parts of it. As a whole FM12 is still better. It is okay that some micromanagement is required in -some- games, but I think it is a bit over the top when you literally have to pupetteer all the players in every match. I hope the next patch improves the balance of the game in this respect.

Although the pedant in me would point out to daylight that you can take people on trial for the entire pre-season, and that they surely could get fit in this time, I have to agree in doubting that in FM a player would do this. I think MacZidane is trying to give our beloved game too much credit

This happens all the time IRL, moreso at the smaller clubs. My own club regularly has players on trial pre-season that are clearly only there to get their fitness up to speed. Occasionally, these players will sign if there's no other offers on the table, and this happens on FM too. If your player in question is still clubless by say, October, you'll probably find him more willing to discuss terms, unless it's someone who'd never sign for you.

In last 24 hours i started 4 new games to test injuries with 4 different teams and:

I have more injured players than games played (or same , includes friendly 6 and 5 official games) :(

When will be release a new patch?

(I can't play in this way)

In last 24 hours i started 4 new games to test injuries with 4 different teams and:

I have more injured players than games played (or same , includes friendly 6 and 5 official games) :(

When will be release a new patch?

(I can't play in this way)

When there is an issue to pin down. Not everyone is getting it, thats why they ask people getting lots of injuries to send in their saved games, and PKMs, so they can try and pin down the cause.

I am having a bit of a head scratcher here.

I tried to sign this player who I am just dying to have,I tried in the summer to sign him for free but talks broke down,I have now been trying to sign him for almost 3 months but he keeps refusing to talk to me as the last time the talks broke down,Okay I can 'maybe' think that is okay but then as I really want him I asked my DoF to step in,he got him to come to the club for a trial,I was well chuffed,now he is here on trial I offer him a contract but he still refuses to talk terms.

Why would he agree to a trial if he had no intention of talking terms?

I will post this in the bugs forum later,he is approaching the end of his 2 week trial and still his agent says he still does not want to discuss terms,the free transfer window closes in 1 week so it does not look good.

Having chased this guy since July and we are now in November and the only reason he does not want to discuss terms is the breakdown of talks in July,add to this that he came to the club for a 2 week trial and it seems with no intention of discussing terms.

I could maybe understand if he just did not want to sign for my team but it is just because of the breakdown in talks back in July,just does not seem quite right.

Edit-

Is there noway to talk to the media about a player now?

I never talk to the media in the game,the only time I would use it was to talk about a player I was interested in,I can't seem to find this option now.

This happens all the time IRL, moreso at the smaller clubs. My own club regularly has players on trial pre-season that are clearly only there to get their fitness up to speed. Occasionally, these players will sign if there's no other offers on the table, and this happens on FM too. If your player in question is still clubless by say, October, you'll probably find him more willing to discuss terms, unless it's someone who'd never sign for you.
I completely agree IRL, I just don't think FM has that kind of consideration coded into it. Although FM players do become drastically more willing to negotiate, I don't think they exploit the trial system, or even let it form much of a consideration to their negotiations. Especially if the only reason he is giving for not negotiating is the previous breakdown in talks.

Sounds like a bug to me daylight, possibly two. For me the reluctance to negotiate for such a prolonged period should only be if he has an agent who hates you due to multiple multiple failed negotiations with various players. If that isn't the case, the player shouldn't shut up shop for so long. Second bug is that, given the reluctance to negotiate, he, as you say, shouldn't have come on trial. My guess is that when deciding whether to let him come on trial the game only looked at whether in normal circumstances he would realistically sign, and ignored the negotiations hang-up

(I'm also hiding in shame at being out pedanted by daylight)

Very frustrated with the Scouting User Interface - such a waste of screen real estate - it could be better - I hate having to click on "View Match Report" it should be all on one screen (or custom) when you click on a scout in the Scout Assignment screen

Something like this would be nice :)

scouting.png

I made a thread about it here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/333623-Scouting-Assignments-Screen-why-not-make-it-more-like-this-or-similar-or-even-customisable

But felt it was good feedback for the SI team to consider and more chance of it being noticed here :)

When you set the DoF to be able to sign players for the youth team or the first team - it would be idea to allow them allocation of the transfer budget.

Same with if you set the Head of Youth Dev. to sign youth players just give them an allocation of the budget.

I'd allocate 20% of transfer fees to DoF to find players for first team - and allocate 20% of transfer fees to head of dev to find youth players.

In a €10m budget they'd each get €2m each to sign players.

Obviously depends on your budget and what you want to allocate to them.

This way you could split up your transfer kitty amongst the staff - but when you go to buy players it will only show the amount of cash you have available after allocating it.

i already said this but please fix the injuries problem, i have 1, 2 players injured every single game, is very unreal, i´ve never seen something like that. and this problem only started in the second season.. i´m loving the game, but this takes a bit of the magic

i already said this but please fix the injuries problem, i have 1, 2 players injured every single game, is very unreal, i´ve never seen something like that. and this problem only started in the second season.. i´m loving the game, but this takes a bit of the magic

If you actually do have one or two injuries every single game then upload into the bugs forum. Certain tactical systems appear to cause a lot more injuries than others, overall injuries are not too high, but it may be that certain set-ups do cause too many which is why it is important to upload the clear examples so SI can get to the bottom of it.

Well I guess there still had to be a few. Wonder what Balotelli's like on this game, he used to be impossible to manage, haven't had any experience with him on this one

He hasn't changed a bit as I found out to my cost (specifically a cost of £12.5 million + the wages I wasn't having to fine him for not bothering to train) a few seasons back in my save.

He hasn't changed a bit as I found out to my cost (specifically a cost of £12.5 million + the wages I wasn't having to fine him for not bothering to train) a few seasons back in my save.

Ah fair enough. He hadn't been playing for City at all really on my Chelsea save, they've just sold him for around £12m to Real Madrid so it could've been his attitude problem again

Just spend hours setting up scouts for regens on the premise that this ME might get fixed and I would continue. FM just crashed. Fan-****ing-tastic.

To make it better I crashed on the 18th March, the date my Italian regens are produced, and you'll never guess what's happened to my 5 star rated regen. That's right kids, he's no longer here...

3 points to raise - apols if these have ben mentioned before:

1. In player search, if I filter by potential ability it also highlights unscouted players with that potential. So it's easy to find the 5star prospects.

2. I don't think the tax bug is fixed (at least not in saved games - I was 5 seasons in using an English league at the time of the last update). I understand tax is based on the profit made in the previous season. In my current game I made £50m profit last season and am now paying over £4m a month in tax. That's nearly 100%!

3. The random in game new generated player - best prospects seem to nearly always have either "injury proneness" or "consistency" highlighted as their "specific weakness"

Anyone having/spotted the same issues?

3 points to raise - apols if these have ben mentioned before:

1. In player search, if I filter by potential ability it also highlights unscouted players with that potential. So it's easy to find the 5star prospects.

2. I don't think the tax bug is fixed (at least not in saved games - I was 5 seasons in using an English league at the time of the last update). I understand tax is based on the profit made in the previous season. In my current game I made £50m profit last season and am now paying over £4m a month in tax. That's nearly 100%!

3. The random in game new generated player - best prospects seem to nearly always have either "injury proneness" or "consistency" highlighted as their "specific weakness"

Anyone having/spotted the same issues?

Please increase the target area for the highlighted link on below image to the full size of the dropdown box. It currently only works if you click the text. If you miss it by a single pixel the whole calendar bar slides away so you have to bring it up again, scroll to the desired date, bring down the menu and click it. Such a huge pain in the arse for something that worked so well with the much better and more user friendly calendar bar in FM12.

g92ZL.jpg?1

Its the worst UI I have ever used.

I have never played an FM for this amount of hours and still consistantly struggled to find what I'm looking for. Its just all over the shop and its alot more button pressing getting to where you want to be than iit ever used to be.

Its the worst UI I have ever used.

I have never played an FM for this amount of hours and still consistantly struggled to find what I'm looking for. Its just all over the shop and its alot more button pressing getting to where you want to be than iit ever used to be.

You moan about this a lot, without ever detailing any specifics of what things take so many more clicks to get to.

There's nothing wrong with the UI, things are just in a different place as it's a new game and a new skin. Just a case of getting used to it.

For 5 seasons now (and in previous FM as well) I'm giving the same team talk - "I have faith in you, I know you've got what it takes". It is extremely effective, while the other options rarely do anything. Is it just me, perhaps it has something to do with my setup?

For 5 seasons now (and in previous FM as well) I'm giving the same team talk - "I have faith in you, I know you've got what it takes". It is very effective, while the other options rarely do anything. Is it just me, perhaps it has something to do with my setup?

I have much the same experience with FM12- "faith in you" is positive or no reaction, most others do nothing either way.

I have much the same experience with FM12- "faith in you" is positive or no reaction, most others do nothing either way.

A key point here is that it is not necessarily a good idea to have all-green arrows and a "positive reaction". The effects of the team talk only last a short time into either half. After that, the result and performances take over.

The You Have Faith team talk for substitutes is an encouragement. It gives a boost to confidence and reduces nervousness. However, if you are already 3 goals up, they don't need more confidence - they need more focus. That's when you demand that they go out there and give it all they have got, to avoid complacency. If 1-0 at home while huge favourites and superb morale throughout, I often tell them to don't get complacent and get several angry players regularly. I say "let them be angry" because I have yet to have a poor second-half performance because of the red "angered" reaction. That is, if 1-0 is good enough. If not I tell them to sort it out...

The same goes for pre-match and half-time team talks of course. If on a winning streak and brimming of confidence, demand a win. If on a losing streak and confidence is long gone, encourage or just tell them to go out there and have fun. Or good luck.

None of those will necessarily yield positive, green reactions, apart from No Pressure.

A key point here is that it is not necessarily a good idea to have all-green arrows and a "positive reaction". The effects of the team talk only last a short time into either half. After that, the result and performances take over.

The You Have Faith team talk for substitutes is an encouragement. It gives a boost to confidence and reduces nervousness. However, if you are already 3 goals up, they don't need more confidence - they need more focus. That's when you demand that they go out there and give it all they have got, to avoid complacency. If 1-0 at home while huge favourites and superb morale throughout, I often tell them to don't get complacent and get several angry players regularly. I say "let them be angry" because I have yet to have a poor second-half performance because of the red "angered" reaction. That is, if 1-0 is good enough. If not I tell them to sort it out...

The same goes for pre-match and half-time team talks of course. If on a winning streak and brimming of confidence, demand a win. If on a losing streak and confidence is long gone, encourage or just tell them to go out there and have fun. Or good luck.

None of those will necessarily yield positive, green reactions, apart from No Pressure.

Im going to bookmark this, a post of yours i actually fully agree with! Well said. Everyone seems obssed with coloured arrows, i dont give a jot, if i upset my team then so be it, a team talk wont make or break your game, or be the difference between superb and poor moral. I regularly get red arrows from team talks when i have not been happy with wins and various other events, i am the manager, if im unhappy i dont give a toss what the player thinks.

BiggusD, I was generally speaking about pre-match team talk, where the other options simply 90% of the time have no desired effect.

I'm not really saying that team talks are broken, but they are definitely boring and becoming tedious in this state.

Does anybody play a team that reacts to "for the fans" talk? "Expect a win" also doesn't register for my team.

Has anyone reported players of 16 and 17 retiring from the game? A bit strange that they'd retire. Just had 6 of my youth team retire on me :(

Did they not have contracts? If you left them without offering them terms, they'll retire to stop clogging up the database.

It's the same for any players without contracts. They all retire after a while. The younger/less rep they have, the sooner they'll retire.

Still sounds very strange, and I can't imagine why they'd retire if they were still attached to your team in any way.

BiggusD, I was generally speaking about pre-match team talk, where the other options simply 90% of the time have no desired effect.

I'm not really saying that team talks are broken, but they are definitely boring and becoming tedious in this state.

Does anybody play a team that reacts to "for the fans" talk? "Expect a win" also doesn't register for my team.

Playing as Celtic, since the latest update a lot of my players always get a green reaction from passionately 'for the fans' whenever I play against Rangers.

I noticed the exact same with the dons home or away to Rangers.

Yep, it definitely seems to have been tweaked so that it works as intended against 'fierce rivals' in the latest patch, which is good to see as it was always one of those that didn't really seem to have any noticeable effect for me in those games prior to this version.

All we need now is dynamic rivalries to be implemented so I can use it effectively against Dundee Utd who've had a nasty habit of beating me in big games in this save.:)

Yep, it definitely seems to have been tweaked so that it works as intended against 'fierce rivals' in the latest patch, which is good to see as it was always one of those that didn't really seem to have any noticeable effect for me in those games prior to this version.

All we need now is dynamic rivalries to be implemented so I can use it effectively against Dundee Utd who've had a nasty habit of beating me in big games in this save.:)

Yup id agree, it did very little before, but for rival games i always thought it should be more influencial, seems to be working well :)

Yeah id love to add Motherwell to my list, 4 defeats in the last 6 games against them!

Archived