*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has been posted already but there is just too much to wade through. It seems to me that the processing is a lot slower than last year. I have roughly the same setup as normal and Im getting the same spec recommendations etc,, but for an eg ,, I had a game the next day,, I click to advance,, and it seemed to take forever to get to that one day on to the game. To make matters worse when it did I only had about 3 or 4 msgs in my news feed,,,, so it wasn't processing a mass amount of data like on international days. Maybe no longer seeing that little bar move across the screen gives the impression its taking longer lol,,, that circle thing going around endlessly just reminds me of when Im waiting on the dam EA servers connecting on FIFA lol.

Hope its getting looked at for the next patch as well as the issues with ME,,, the one thing I have noticed on my PC is how un smooth the ME is when balls are in the air,,,

• SI Staff

To the person who is spamming my PM box with identical messages under different usernames asking for an ETA for the update.....please desist, its pathetic and a waste of everyone's time.

To the person who is spamming my PM box with identical messages under different usernames asking for an ETA for the update.....please desist, its pathetic and a waste of everyone's time.

OMG .. people do this? Wow ....

Anyways, just wanted to say, yes the game is bugged but in no way unplayable. I'm loving it. As others were saying, take your time with the patch. Patience is a virtue most people don't have.

glad to see an upcoming list of ME fixes being revealed

truly, the main problem is human defensive AI it seems, many times in the ME I've seen this:

1. The defensive side of human team doesn't function as a unit & MANY AI goals come from either the lapse of concentration (once a while, it's okay, but every two matches? come on!) or just non-interest in defending at all

2. The AI seems to dribble at ease, even with non-dribbler type of players. Messi, Reus @ Cazorla - I get it, but Diaby & Jenas dribbling from the middle of the field - UNCHALLENGE? That's the problem

3. The impossible deep-line goal, will happen to human team every now & then. The opposition AI (again, non-dribbler @ dribbler doesn't matter, because Human AI is too scare to make a challenge) will dribble along the the corner line and score like there's no GK in place. Again, it happens in real life, but RARELY

<3 team talks sometimes.

Got a scrappy 3-2 win at home being the weaker team and lucky to win so I tell my team "that was a bit of a let-off, you need to step things up against better opposition" but no my players seem to think that this was an amazing performance and now my best players are pissed off and have poor moral.

Awesome.

We are playing poker. I go all in with Ace-King, you call with two Aces. And repeat 100 times.

If you win all the times, the deck is stacked against me. If I win all the times, the deck is stacked against you. Ace-Ace should win 90% of the times.

I lose all the times, I guess poker it's not my game. Let try with Chess. I bought a great Chess simulation with a "realistic, massively improved" 3D engine.

First game, me vs PC: Hey, wait, he just moved its pawns in diagonal lines, like bishops! It must be a bug, let's report it to their forums.

Answer: "It's your tactics. If the AI moves its pawns like bishops, why don't you move your horses like towers?"

"But that's not chess anymore!"

"Oh, you wanted to play chess? Then buy a chessboard and play with your human friends".

One of the funniest posts ever :). And right now there is quite a bit of truth in it. Or maybe I'm just tired and frustrated since my tactics seem to have worn out yet again. or shall I say, my defenders have stopped defending again.

Btw the main reason we cant release this yet is that we are quite low on shots and goals - too many defensive fixes :) Hopefully we can get it back to a reasonable number on each count in time to release next week.

how about now tuning attacking play some more? Especially striker movement. I can't get my strikers (or AMs for that matter) to drop in and out of the defensive line to create gaps to save my live. Making them more mobile should go a long long way to create the necessary space for a dribble or a through ball and good scoring opportunities. It would also for once benefit dominating teams that so far seem to have no chance whatsoever to create scoring opportunities other than abusing lacklustre full-backs and keepers unable to catch a cross/defenders forgetting to mark players at the edge of the box. And further to this, it might help my AM and FC to actually stop running into each other in the opposition box. At times I wonder whether I should rent them a room every now and then because obviously they're not spending enough time together outside of the pitch.

and make good dribblers able to beat their men, and actually try it. Not just the odd 80 yards run that no defender will even remotely challenge. shield ball, quick turn and go :). These are the things in the offensive arsenal that from my pov the game lacks most.

One thing that is really, really annoying me about this version of the game is the AI's constant, and I mean constant changing of tactics in the 2nd half. They change tactics every second, literally not a game minute goes by without the game freezing briefly whilst they change sodding tactics again, like 1 second after they just changed them.

It gets so bad that it can take up to 10-15 game minutes until I can make tactical changes, it's really annoying the hell out of me.

One thing I find annoying (and its something that affected previous FM's as well) is my board getting annoyed with me that a player has left the club when the only reason he left is because I couldn't get him to renew his contract cause I couldn't offer enough wages so it was their fault he left.

Another niggle - clubs lying - got offered a job at a championship club (I was L1) and was told the transfer budget was £700k and wage budget £300k (and they were well under budget) so took the job and all of a sudden the transfer budget was £0, and the wage budget nearly £100k lower and they were well over it.

Never seen that myself kiwi...

Happens every game on mine, I would say around the 60th minute the AI starts just constantly changing tactics every second, it then grey's out my change tactics button until they stop messing about. Might be because I have the inbetween highlights set to the fastest possible speed I am not sure.

Dominated a game go 2-0, player tackles opposition, ball goes loose he could reach it, instead stands there, resulting in an attack, and another crazy keeper boot it into the middle of danger zone and a goal as it lands at a feet of a striker 30 yards out. get to 3-1, concede almost instantly from kick off.

all to familliar, and making games tighter then they should be, i dominate the game, they create little and it is bugs and crazyness that i concede to, the patch cant come soon enough.

Incedently, got to 60 minutes against west brom, made a sub. no highlights at all until last minute

Further update - this is where we are at so far:

Match v1313

-----------

- Refined position of d-line and also the lines in front of it when defending

- Brought wingers a bit deeper when defending

- Weaker players more likely to favour direct passes quicker

- Improved short pass accuracy slightly

- Tried to increase number of crosses slightly

- Fine tuned shot accuracy

- Fixed some minor player on ball decision bugs

- Improved trajectory of medium length kicks like free kick shots and corners

- Made players better at offering out ball to team mate

- Tried to improve player reactions to deflected balls or tackles

- Made players more willing to slide tackle when opportunity and need arises

- Fixed some unnatural save directions from keepers

- Fixed keepers trying to save ball at wrong point when its heading for post or bar

- Made players slightly better at turning body while on the run

- Made strongest player stand ground when 2 players collide while going for a header

- Made goal celebration paths a little bit more varied

- Fixed comms saying ball well wide when not really that far wide

- Some ball physics collision tweaks

- Some team talk fixes

Match v1314

-----------

- Further tuned team shape and d-line position when defending

- AM strata now comes back to defend unless set to "all out attack"

- Made d-line shift up when opposing player with ball is successfully pressed

- Made d-line shift back quicker when attacking player is running with pace at them with the ball

- Some tweaks to marking of opponents in own area

- Fixed defenders shifting across as full back engages winger in last third causing bad shape

- Tried to reduce instances of players heading ball they could control a split second later

- Some minor fixes relating to player interception of ball

- Some refinements to off ball movement around ball player

- Some general tweaks to pass choice and on ball decision making

- Some more minor keeper save fixes

- Fixed some instances of woodwork hit not being registered

- Fixed player not waiting to getup before running off to celebrate after scoring a diving header

Match v1315

-----------

- Fixed ultra rare crash when player shoots from close range

- Further small refinements to on ball decisions and pass choice

- Improved direct free kick trajectory slightly

- Improved crossing aim AI

- Fine tuned pass and shot accuracy slightly

- Improved player reaction and awareness of ball generally

- Improved defensive tracking of player running with ball

- Slight reduction of player reaction time to fast curling balls

- Slight reduction of player reaction time when ball a long way away from them especially if not facing it

- Improved defender lateral positioning when defending wide ball

- Fixed winger not staying wide when asked to hug touchline and ball on his side in advanced position

- Goalkeeper should narrow the angle better when a play is running at him at speed

- Goalkeepers should try to move under the ball path even if they think they can't reach it.

- Fixed a bug where the keeper fails to catch a ball if it has just hit the crossbar/post

- Fixed keeper turning ball over bar described as turning it round post

- Fixed some player collision avoidance issues

- Fixed a bug where an offside is given instead of a free kick

for a foul

- Stop a rare teleport bug with goal celebrations

- Fixed animation issues whilst player argues with ref

- Fixed small anomaly in team selection AI

Btw the main reason we cant release this yet is that we are quite low on shots and goals - too many defensive fixes :) Hopefully we can get it back to a reasonable number on each count in time to release next week.

Seems really encouraging Paul.

Appreciate the changelist mate.

However I have a small query...When you mention 'Brought wingers a bit deeper when defending'...is that merely a general change?? What I mean exactly is that will this happen in every match....What if I dont want my wingers dropping back for example...Or what if i want my wingers tracking back ALL the time when making the transition from attacking the defending? This area seems very grey to me.

I wish there were an instruction to get 9 men behind the ball at all times (or most times). There are many games where I play 442, and both my strikers stay forward when we are defending (general play)

I know im ranting on here..But my point is that I basically think the tactical instructions are limited and when you mentioned "Brought wingers a bit deeper when defending" it confuses me further and makes me think that the ME is somewhat limited...Feels as if we have about 2000 variants to play the game come matchday. Wish the game was freeflowing when it comes to the ME and tactics and structures. I hope I am understood here.

No bro you didn't understood me. Its not that i dont see ALL PLAYERS from macedonia, nor i who live here i dont know anyone.... the point is, I, to not be able to lead Macedonian National Team, or someone else, some other National Team is just one big miss in the game. I dont say about running a league, macedonia is poor when it comes to football. But from ever there was possibility so we can play whatever national team we like.

As I have told you, the national team should be available in the game. But with any default setting, there won't be enough Macedonian players loaded up into the database for it to be playable. It is the same with many smaller nations in the game. You have to customize the data when you start up your game.

I tested this on FM 2012. You can take over the national team there, and also their Under 21 squad as well (and many from way smaller countries too), so it's highly unlikely you aren't able to manage Macedonia's senior national team on FM 2013. You have to customize the data loaded up so that there are enough players from Macedonia in your save, the way I told you in the previous post. The cusomization option is normally to be found when you start your save and pick the size of the database. There are various options, such as "small", "medium" and "large". But beneath there should be an option to customize that to "load also up all Macedonian players". Try that and you'll be fine. :)

As some will point out with much chagrin, the changelist (updates) have been posted and subsequently copied and re-copied in many previous posts. Scroll up a bit. When you see a long list, you've found it.

I'm well aware of the updates in progress, ive seen the posts. All i was saying was i logged into steam 30 mins ago and it was updating. was wondering what was updating. That is all.

Further update - this is where we are at so far:

[Fixes here]

Thanks for this! I've been having a blast with the game ever since I won a copy. Like everyone else, I've had my fair share of frustrations with the match engine, but not enough to make it unplayable. Still having a good time since the UI is just lovely. I've been patiently waiting on an update for this, and I'll continue to be patient and enjoy myself best I can. Once again, thanks for taking the fans' feedback and working hard towards improving the game and making it even more fun than it already is.

I'm well aware of the updates in progress, ive seen the posts. All i was saying was i logged into steam 30 mins ago and it was updating. was wondering what was updating. That is all.

Maybe it was this?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327215-UPDATE-13.1.2-RELEASED-for-Football-Manager-2013

That update came out a while ago, but you have to be online on Steam for it to update.

Maybe it was this?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327215-UPDATE-13.1.2-RELEASED-for-Football-Manager-2013

That update came out a while ago, but you have to be online on Steam for it to update.

Ah worked it out ( I think). I have two computers with fm13 on. The one i am on now i havent used in couple of weeks, prob needed the update. :) :) :)

ps: I shall think before i type (possibly) :):)

The coming changes for the match engine hopefully fix this frustrating game so far.. I've gone way beyond frustration and turned to humour because of silly goals conceded, defenders not defending, opposition scoring with every free kick near the danger zone, very bad defensive movement and positioning etc.. This game is not playable properly until these bug goals and errors in the match engine are fixed. Thanks for trying to improve... Still a lot of work to do though...

You also can BAN this person with is "connection number" so he won't be able to come on SIGAMES anymore :D

my attacking play involves pasisng around the opposition defenders for the majority of the game with zero penetration.

only for AI to score not long after you do :/

Yes this. Usually without the chance for you to change tactic either. Imagine if managers really had to change tactics after every goal or else the other team will score from some horrific keeper/defender mess up within 2 minutes. Something is over/under powered surely, such as motivation? ( and yes my tactics are probably balls ololollololllllollol)

The coming changes for the match engine hopefully fix this frustrating game so far.. I've gone way beyond frustration and turned to humour because of silly goals conceded, defenders not defending, opposition scoring with every free kick near the danger zone, very bad defensive movement and positioning etc.. This game is not playable properly until these bug goals and errors in the match engine are fixed. Thanks for trying to improve... Still a lot of work to do though...
So it only happens against you? :D I have some problems with ME but they go both ways so it evens out.

I have a question, suggestion, bug to report. Perhaps someone could advise the best place for this.

My DoF was clearing out the deadwood for me. I'm struggling financially and have to sell all my top players. However, without asking me, or giving me the choice he started agreeing to continue paying a proportion of the leaving players wages, meaning I couldn't replace these players because my wage bill wasn't going down (It seemed these wages still came out of my wage budget).

Is there a way you can add, either as a fix or a feature for the new game, a condition of sale, e.g., ask me when the greedy player wants us to carry on paying his wages.

Thanks.

Hey. Just a few words about my season. Just got a sack from the club I managed, Red Star Belgrade from Serbia. Never before have I got sacked from Red Star, and I've been playing FM for a long time. The results I had definitely earned me a sack without a doubt, but the annoying thing is I don't understand why I lost some of the matches when I did nothing wrong. I'll post a few photos and give my feedback why I think something's wrong with the game's reality, results, match engine.

First of all, this interesting photo:

red-star-v-red-star-rese.jpg

It shows that my first team not only lost to reserves, but it had 40(14) shots on goal as opposed to opponents 11(5). Even though my assman was in control of the match, this was just wrong.

This trend continued throughout the season, a bit tuned down, but in most matches that I lost or drew I had similar stats on my side, usually with over 20 shots and opponent's 5-6.

Here is the screen of my fixtures:

fc-red-star-belgrade-fix.jpg

The last game was against Novi Pazar, after that I got fired. The first game on the screen was against Radnicki Svilajnac, a team that in real life I didn't know it existed. A team from a village basically. They beat me 2-1 and kicked me out of the cup in the first round. A mix of my first and second choice players were given a chance that time, and they lost. Their attributes must be 10 times better that the opponent's. The tactic that I played throughout the season was either 4-5-1 or 4-4-2, predifined tactics, with not much changes. Control or Standard, Zonal marking and usually get the ball forward, work the ball into box and exploit the flanks shouts. So my tactics is not weird, it's as regular as it can get, I have a team 10 times better than the opponent and I lost?

Even if I put all my players on the side of the pitch in tactics I should've won that game. See, in Serbia Red Star and Partizan are the best teams, they win easily most of their games. So if I take Red Star I expect an easy challenge, because if the game had levels easy challenges would be managing Red Star, Dinamo Zagreb, Barcelona, Olympiakos etc. Medium challenges are Aston Villa, Herenven, Betis etc. Hard challenges are lower leagues. Don't take me wrong, I don't expect to win EVERY game even though that's almost happening in real life, but I surely don't expect to lose constantly to idiots with my regular team and regular practiced tactics. At home, away, you name it, the game doesn't make the difference where you play a match. I would love to have to earn most of my wins, especially against teams that are in real life tough to beat at home or so, and lose my fair share of matches, but not like this! Now randomly and not without any consistency and healthy reason.

Now, here go the final standings before I got sacked:

jelen-superliga-overview.jpg

Not only I had a bad position and stats (8-4-5), but my biggest rival Partizan, who in real life had only 1 lost game this year and who are Serbian champions for the last 5 year, they also had an awful score of 6-3-8, a lot of times losing 0-3 at home against suckers. Notice the team called Sloboda, an average middle table team in RL, they had 55 scored goals which is an average of 3,2 per game, and they had like 10 matches in which they won 6-0, 5-1, usually with one of the players scoring 4 goals in a match.

Also you can notice no team had less than 1 goal conceded per match. In my 17 games I conceded 17 goals. Whatever I did, whatever I changed I would still concede a goal. Another strange thing that annoyed me was the number of yellow and red cards that I got every match, even though none of my players had hard tackling instruction set. I'm sorry I didn't post those stats as well, but trust my word it was just too much, and too annoying. The penalties...not even gonna go there... enough has already been said on that topic.

Oh, and did I mention that I was kicked out of Europa League qualifications by a Finnish team called JJK? Beat them 2-1 away, and lost 4-1 at home.

So the bottom line is... I took the team that's always been quite easy to manage, because frankly in real life there are many leagues (especially in Eastern Europe) that have 1 or 2 giants in the sea of awful teams, and win the title every year or so. I played the standard tactic, I've been playing manager games for the last 15 years so I know that I can't make radical tactical mistakes and I know that can't be a reason for a failure. So why do I lose? For me there isn't other explanation than the flawed match engine, or the wrong calculations or whatever you call it. I know the problem is not in me, it's in the game. I played 2 seasons on beta version as well, and I had similarly awful results with Fiorentina and Tottenham. Similar things happened to me, similar goals, I played different tactics in different saves, tried everything, put my defenders back, decreased their closing down and mentality...NOTHING changes! I still concede stupid goals, I still get opponent's players running between my defence and scoring each and every 1 on 1 chance they get.

I would like an opinion from a SI member, but this also goes for all those who fiercly defend the game on these forums and try to tell everyone that they are doing something wrong. In no world at this current state FM 13 would be considered a realistic football simulation. I hope you fix it, and fix it good, because I won't be playing it until I see some touch of reality. Now, it's just utter nonsense.

Also, I've just signed a very promising player from Uruguay, he didn't have a club, and because he is only 17 he won't be with me for another year. However, he is going to be sitting at home, playing xbox rather than training. I'd rather the boy was training somewhere to improve his stats. What can I do about this? All it say is joining Parma on 1-7-2014 I thought if he was out of contract and didn't have a club he'd come right away. Now I worry he is going to get wasted and not be as good as when I originally scouted him.

Also, I've just signed a very promising player from Uruguay, he didn't have a club, and because he is only 17 he won't be with me for another year. However, he is going to be sitting at home, playing xbox rather than training. I'd rather the boy was training somewhere to improve his stats. What can I do about this? All it say is joining Parma on 1-7-2014 I thought if he was out of contract and didn't have a club he'd come right away. Now I worry he is going to get wasted and not be as good as when I originally scouted him.
In reality, the player would move to the new club and start training, but would not be eligible for matches (not even youth matches, and maybe not even friendlies). This is what happened with Fábio and Rafael at Manchester United - they moved in January 2008 and trained with the club, but didn't start playing until several months later.

Nice long post... but you really should read the thread... PaulC and the team have said a dozen times a day that they are working on it... I don't see the need to continue bashing the current one unless you are bringing up anything new.

Thats his feedback - read the thread title. Where does it say it has to be new. These sorts of answers is what can **** alot of ppl off...I agree that feedback with this is crap - fix now is not new - but I think that that was very well thought and very well observed feedback from 200 hours played.

What about the club tax bug fix? Will that one be saved game compatible?

We don't know for sure, but a reasonable guess would be that the fix will kick in - probably at the end of the season, when the new tax rate is calculated from the clubs profit/loss the previous season. But you probably won't get back any money that you have overpaid in previous seasons.

What's happened to the option of sending a player who failed to obtain a work permit on a loan to an affiliated club, in order to gain EU citizenship? I've never played british clubs much, but I distinctively remember that being possible; in FM13 every time I try to sign a talented, yet unknown youth from somewhere in America etc. for Celtic, the transfer is promptly cancelled after the work permit appeal failure. Is that an intended change?

What's happened to the option of sending a player who failed to obtain a work permit on a loan to an affiliated club, in order to gain EU citizenship? I've never played british clubs much, but I distinctively remember that being possible; in FM13 every time I try to sign a talented, yet unknown youth from somewhere in America etc. for Celtic, the transfer is promptly cancelled after the work permit appeal failure. Is that an intended change?

Do you have a work permit feeder club? Celtic don't start with one.

It takes even longer in Hungary than in Scotland according to the editor. You will need a Belgian/Croatian feeder to get the option.

I see. Ok, thanks, guess it's time to try and convince the stubborn board that we DO need another feeder club :cool:

- AM strata now comes back to defend unless set to "all out attack"

:eek: Does this include attacking wingers? This has been the biggest tactical issue for many of us for a while. Wonderful news if yes!

Now, the only glaring tactical issues left are CBL and CBR positioning in three-man defenses (i.e., everyone bunched upin the middle rather than the wide two going to the flanks while the central defender operates as more of a sweeper) and inability to get a w-shaped backline with a low-mentality DM and high-mentality WBs (as opposed to a flat back 4/5 with the DM always positioned ahead of the WBs regardless of mentality).

Archived